jesus...

GEN 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

GEN 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

GEN 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

GEN 2:19 And out of he ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

The bible would never contradict itself

• Downvote 1

You're quoting a translation that was first put together several hundred years ago. Since then, as people who say they support science, things have moved on, and the quality of translation of ancient Hebrew texts has improved.

If you review a more modern, and more accurate, translation you would see that there isn't a contradiction.

You've misunderstood the second text quoted there if you really think these passages are contradictory. Either that or you're amongst those who wilfully desire to present the text as stating two different sequences of events in order to support your argument.

I dont have a arguement i find religion foolish so i very rarely talk about it especially on the internet. I just found the picture on Facebook and thought it was kinda funny so i posted it here :)

The exegesis of Genesis 2 is important, as explained in the short video you linked, but that was not what I was referring to. Even more basic than that, the better interpretation of the Hebrew used in Genesis 2 v 19 uses the past tense: "Now out of the ground the Lord God had formed every beast of the field and every bird of the heavens and brought them to the man to see what he would call them. And whatever the man called every living creature, that was its name."

Do you not think that over the course of time we gain a better understanding of subjects that we study? If so, does it not seem reasonable that scholars' understanding of ancient Hebrew also improves?

The exegesis of Genesis 2 is important, as explained in the short video you linked, but that was not what I was referring to. Even more basic than that, the better interpretation of the Hebrew used in Genesis 2 v 19 uses the past tense: "Now out of the ground the Lord God had formed every beast of the field and every bird of the heavens and brought them to the man to see what he would call them. And whatever the man called every living creature, that was its name."

Do you not think that over the course of time we gain a better understanding of subjects that we study? If so, does it not seem reasonable that scholars' understanding of ancient Hebrew also improves?

Surely you are aware that Hebrew wasn't the first language.

Sumerian language is dated to have started around 3200BC with proof from around 2900BC in Mesapotamia (Iraq).

Several various languages including Canaanite (Proto Hebrew) popped up around 1500BC,,, 1200 hundred years after Egyptian .

So,, according to gods own word,,, in what language did god make Adam name all these animals?

Especially given that Ancient Hebrew didn't exist at all a few days after "the beginning of time itself". :tumbleweed:

• Upvote 1

It doesn't matter what your exegesis of Genesis is, there is one contradiction on top of another. Who created the earth, how long it took, the order and process of creation, day and night, stars and even whether or not god was pleased about creation. And that's just the first book of the babble.

• Downvote 1

What a load of rubbish.

That's what you say, taking advantage of people's gaming addiction. It took me two years of suffering before I was finally able to conquer my addiction cold turkey.

Maybe I'm cynical, but couldn't it be that christian scholars are just tweaking out contradictions to save embarressment? Translation is subjective after all - More of an art than a science.

• 2 weeks later...