ITFL - International Team Fighting League

shortfuse122829

Donkeys 4 - 1 Kaiser

The team that Dinooo was meant to join fought against his own bunch of merry men. In what was expected to be an even encounter turned out to be a mismatch. Only one finish but it was a painful lesson learned for Kaiser. Dean Sutherland was able to take a few questions as he walked out with his fighters.

Reporter - With that win it keeps you top of the leaderboard how do you feel?

Dean - Feels good knowing we can afford to screw up. Should have been 5-0 but i can't buy a win against Fuse. Judging by the Judging today though he bought one himself.

Reporter - Disappointed with Lightfoots first defeat then?

Dean - Yeah it was a close fight but i felt like Lightfoot done enough to secure rounds 2-3 at least. Judges didn't see it that way. Its the way it goes. We have lost a lot of tight close fights. Its great though in the grand scheme of things. Going into the finals we will be confident with a few game plan switches we can turn a few of these L's into W's.

Reporter - Lance smashed yet again to remain the only undefeated member of your team. How valuable is that?

Dean - Very. Means i only need to go 2-2 to secure the win for the team. Takes some pressure off and i am sure Lance will be able to continue on his streak. Best manager of all time on the team is always a great thing.

Reporter - a lot of smack talk was dished out at changing fighters include Stu having a dig about the 5mil tourney you left. You got anything to say about it?

Dean - Not really. I didn't want to fight in an org run by a guy i didn't like. Rules were made up and i didn't feel like if you draw you should get put down a level. It was a badly thought out tourney to be honest. Great fights just the format wasn't the greatest. Maybe one day Danza and Reilly can square off. Maybe as a showcase for the Finale of this? Who knows. As for Stu he is just shitting himself because he knows whats gonna happen when the teams match up again. They have been calling out Lance for Cherry Picking but thats what Stu has been able to do. Not next time.

Reporter - Mind if we get a few words with your fighters?

Dean - Not at all.

Reporter - Stanley, your first fight in the tourney. Was a painful lesson for Umberts fighters. How did you feel about managing to pull off the first win and being able to do it so comfortably?

Stanley - Yeah it was fun. I really thought i would go out there and display my skills. Umberts dude was a tough guy and a great match up. Just not on my level yet. I am sure one day he will be though. They are a reason i got called into this. Donkey's are in it to win it now. I might even enter in the individual stage. Boss said it will be whoever scores the most points between Me, Mitchell and Lightfoot.

Reporter - So a bit of friendly comp between you all?

Richard - Yeah guess you can say that. We just want to fight and fight often. Here is the best place to do that. Mitchell is retiring after this.

Dryden - Thanks for ruining it...

Richard - Sorry man but yeah father time is kicking in for him so he is gonna hang them up as soon as this is over with. Me and Burrell still have a few miles left on the clock and Wentz. Where the fuck is Wentz?

Reporter - Over there looking at the sky.

Pete - Yeah i am retiring too. I'll be directly after this. I feel old now. I barely made it through beating up Alexi for fuck sake. No way i should't be winning that better. All i can say is a few more fights to go. Most people see me as the weakest link. Me being the weakest link though is a great thing. Because i still know how to get the win.

Reporter - Any last words from you guys.

Dean - Yeah, next week should be the week we see as two sure fire semi finalist's go head to head. It should be entertaining and a very close match up. As for Kaiser? Bah, I let them pick the fights and still kicked there ass. I'll see you soon Mr Fuse. I need to get a win against you eventually.

• Upvote 3

Nice writeup, but I find it funny the writer seems to think Royer is in trouble against Boy Bunny. Bunny hasn't beaten anyone worth a damn, so I don't know where this MMA prodigy shit is coming from. I mean just look at some of Boy Bunny's fights and you'll see that. You think Royer hasn't fought any elite caliber wrestlers during his time at Ascension? Doubt Bunny will GNP his way to victory. Bunny isn't really someone to break a sweat over. Now, with my other guy Dudek's against Lance Templeton, I have nothing to say.

Bubby still hasn't beaten anyone of note, which was always going to be the case when he took on a washed up can - But he did GnP the Mrs Dakota Fanning into oblivion.

Show me the money ;)

Fedor Belfort is replacing Ogmundur Girsurrson. No fighter changes after this week. I'm getting confused lol. MUST BE CHANGED B4 YOUR FIGHTER IS PICKED TO FIGHT. I will never admit to losing to Convicted if it's possible to dispute Dinooo but a few well placed bribes go a long way in London according to some rumor I heard, I dunno

• Downvote 1

Fedor Belfort is replacing Ogmundur Girsurrson.

you sure its Belfort (he is retired) and not Ratt Hughes (1627) -- i thought he was replacing with Hughes -- also waiting to hear who RoLe is replacing Kaalikorva with ------ next one no replacements i say - if you leave or cut fighter you just forfeit the fights

This is becoming farcical - there were meant to be no replacements once this last round finished. Now we have more changes, It's really turning what started as an awesome tournament into a joke.

Can I get an indication of just exactly who is replacing Ogmundur Girsurrson??

If some1 can find me the post where I set the deadline then we will stick to that and no fighter replacements will be allowed. I SWORE that i made a post giving a deadline but I have looked and cannot seem to find it, so I thought maybe I just intended to and never actually did it.

Here is the problem....there was no rule made at the beginning of this tournament for fighter replacements. Unfortunately that was just an over-sight on my part so when the subject was broached i made a snap decision not thinking it would turn into this roller-coaster ride that it has become. Now that so many fighters have been replaced I worry that if I tell some1 they can't do it, they'll just quit the tournament altogether. I especially worry about that as it seems like every week now there is a potential problem that I am trying to avert. First it was Gable not signing in for a week until Chuck or some1 reached him on FB 24 hrs before fight. Then another fighter didn't accept a fight til 24 hrs before the tournament despite 3 PM's I never received a response to and signing in every day. Then the Karl Thomas thing happened which luckily thanks to Mike ended up being a non-issue but every week now I am scrambling at the last minute to find last minute replacements in case guys don't accept their fights. So as it already feels like I am scrambling every week, I worry that said manager will just quit and then again I would have to make a judgement call. Do I find a fighter to replace him? Do i force that team to continue with 4 people and forfeit that fight? If that happens is the whole team gonna just bail and then we lose the tournament?

So my apologies to those of you who are enjoying yourself and are not happy with some decisions that have been made. As unfortunate as it is, I almost feel like I am just trying to get us through this season so that in Season 2 I can have a concrete set of rules and not have to be doing this on the fly and making decisions people aren't happy about.

If I do a season 2, there is going to be a poll in the sign-up thread about this as most of you did not reply to the PM I sent out about next season. I received maybe 7 or 8 responses. The two choices will be:

1. No fighter replacements period

OR

2. 1 Fighter replacement PER TEAM and must be made before fights are picked week 4