Training & Fight Engine Changes

Which point are you talking about?

Against my better judgement I went with PBR's logic and left my Transitions at one... since then others have made a compelling argument that I do, in-fact need Transitions or I will have grapplers advance position on me like nothing... I basically went from being Sensational DGrap to Useless and unable to do shit on the ground... I am not asking for a reset. , like everyone else was warned, but I am pissed at myself for second guessing my own instincts on this and now I got a fight with a wrestler coming up that I should have destroyed that I will probably lose horribly...

I have no one to blame but myself, but I am still irritated... Not only that, but the fighter is 31 almost 32 years old so he won't be learning anything very quickly and may even be dropping skill points due to aging...

Think gnp got a slight buff though

Yeah, i think GnP from guard is going to be improved. I would think they are going to get tooled on the ground by bjj/sub fighters though. Except for my blackbelt and my soon to be K-T fighter, I'm going to have my fighters training for the next 4-6 weeks and not accept fights for a while.

Ack... I dunno... I did end up saving a snapshot of all the skills from yesterday AM, so depending on how many people messed up, I might program a reset to that point option. I might make you pay like a day or two VIP per reset though. Not to be exploitative of your misery, rather I was looking forward to a bit of a rest :P

• Upvote 4

I as really excited by these changes at first and now I am fighting the urge to rage quit. I opened up the re-allocation of one of my other strikers and am so irritated by the fact that if I want to have better than Mediocre in one of the new skills I will have o drop from Sensational DGrap to Strong!?! I closed the page and opted out of committing to any changes! I just don't know what to do... I refuse to take a year and a half of training on this guy to get him to where he is now an throw it all away. I cut as many points as I am willing to from other secondaries and that required hi Sensation DGrap to drop to Wonderful so that I can get a whooping 40 points to spend on the new skills... No way am I pulling the trigger on that... No way... That will make this guy lose every damn fight he has against a grappler... And believer me I have lost enough of those in the past...

I have worked long and hard to make my strikers able to shut guys down on the ground only to see it all fall away... I am fucked... So long top 100...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I haven't had a chance to try reallocating skills yet but you guys have me damn scared to do it now LOL! Almost all my fighters are sprawl and brawlers because I've always had a really weak ground game. It will be hard to adapt but I'll do it because I know its for the good of the game maybe I'll finally be able to have some success with my 2-3 ground fighters now.

I haven't had a chance to try reallocating skills yet but you guys have me damn scared to do it now LOL! Almost all my fighters are sprawl and brawlers because I've always had a really weak ground game. It will be hard to adapt but I'll do it because I know its for the good of the game.

if you dont have a fight, maybe it's best to take the whole two weeks and build up submissions. Transitions are going to be the most important ground skill and subs govern the amount of transition points you can allocate.

Yes, but all of my Strikers that have finally started to become god for me have (or will have if I actually submit the re-allocation) become utter piles of shit overnight. I literally will be going from Sensation ground defenses to maybe Abysmal or Woeful... and at the cost of dropping my striking skills and my Sensation DGrap will be Remarkable or Wonderful at best!?!

I really have no idea what I am going to do... I don't have the money to cut all my guys and start over again...

I don't HAVE two weeks for my favorite striker... he has a fight in two weeks I believe and I already fucked hi build up anyway... Goddammit!

if you dont have a fight, maybe it's best to take the whole two weeks and build up submissions. Transitions are going to be the most important ground skill and subs govern the amount of transition points you can allocate.

Yea, that could be a gameplan for the older guys who cant afford to train both escapes/trans. Just up trans and work for ref standups.(I know still risky, but its an option)

Even if that was an option, everyone one and their brother will be piling into the submission classes and that will mean that if you can even find one that it will be full to the point of being useless...

Even if that was an option, everyone one and their brother will be piling into the submission classes and that will mean that if you can even find one that it will be full to the point of being useless...

You're probably right. you couldn't even really get enough actual sub skill in two weeks to really make a difference anyway.

I don't get why not having submissions caps your potential transitions skill at a relatively low level. The way it was written originally in the Wiki looked like a much better redistribution framework. That way ground fighters got a boost and strikers got a little bit of a nerf as they had to put skills into the ground. The way it looks to have turned out, if you are not a black belt with high subs you are in deep shit once it hits the ground because you will have no way to hold or advance position.

Personally, I'm not going to sign to any new fights for 4-6 weeks with my strikers while i re-build their ground game.

• Upvote 1

I personally am thinking that I just pissed the last year ad a half away and all for nothing... I will have to Nerf the piss out of all my fighters in order to get the new skills to shitty levels which will just make my fighters complete shit all around. I will need to sit back and train my guys for MONTHS to get them to a place where I will feel comfortable fighting them again... This is way worse than anything I envisioned in the run up to this thing. Tickers were 10,000 times better...

• Upvote 1

I'm right with you Warwynd. I have all but 2 guys on my roster as ground fighter and most cap out at wonderful transitions. So they just became mediocre offensively and defensively. I'd even give up d grapple or my elite + strike def 4 them but nope. Capped at wonderful and our solution is spam train a skill for 2 weeks that we'll get 80% back. That really helps my 5 fighters who fight this weekend. I also was very excited for these changes with my 16 or 17 ground fighters. Now I'm not even gonna bother allocating or set sliders for that matter

• Upvote 1

That part about the tickers in the previous post was hasty, and stupid... I don't even believe that. But I am extremely upset by this change now that I see it in action. It does feel like I wasted a lot of time for nothing. Many of you might not remember what it was like in the lower teir orgs or maybe the ground guys weren't that potent back then, but in the low tier orgs Wrestlers can kill a Striker. Especially if you haven't got the right build for it.. I struggled with that fr a long time until I finally got my old strikers to the point they are now. Which is able to stuff takedowns fairly consistently, and able to shut them down on the ground. I realize that maybe it was too easy to do, but now this has turned my entire roster into worthless detritus.

I am shaking with rage right now so bad that I am having a hard time typing. I am not one to say fuck it and give up so easily, but I am faced with putting my fighters into fights that they cannot possibly win or sitting out for 6 months of real time to train up the skills I need... Again!

Many on my roster don't have another 2 game years in them... I may as well retire them right now... FUUUUUUCKKKKK!!!

Quit worrying so much guys. Everyone is in the same boat here. No one is going to have super high transitions/escapes so it's not gonna matter if yours are low as well because everyone is low in those skills.

Chill out a little bit, it'll be OK :) lol

If you went in with high subs you can have high transitions and win any fight on the ground pretty easily by being able to positionally dominate your opponent. Denying high level transitions to any fighter without high level subs is incredibly unbalancing in the short term. Things will even out in a few months, but any older fighter is permanently screwed.

Exactly. It's hard for some cases (specially those brawlers and strikers) and some of them might find the end of a possible domination on the top of the chain. It might take some time to reach a good level of those 2 new skills, but if the fighters are worth it... And another point is that you'll already have it for the new projects and some of those that are already under development. Like every big change, this one will give some headaches right now but everyone will adapt to it and I believe that in after a while this game will be much more balanced and will give a better experience for everyone. I understand the situation with some of you guys and that sucks, but that's the way it is...

Quit worrying so much guys. Everyone is in the same boat here. No one is going to have super high transitions/escapes so it's not gonna matter if yours are low as well because everyone is low in those skills.

Chill out a little bit, it'll be OK :) lol

Kelly, I have always liked and respected you. We have always gotten along just fin. Hopefully we will continue to do so, but cannot calm down. I literally went from having one of the best strikers in Immortals New York to having an utterly useless fighter overnight. He is scheduled to fight in two weeks in a fight that could have been an exciting fight but now will likely end up with him getting destroyed. ANd I was supposed to fight a grappler in a rubber match that is most certainly a loss now.

The problem is that Wrestlers have given me ass itch my entire time here until relatively recently when I had both the builds and the slider skills to deal with them, and now I have to throw it all away and deal with wrestlers ass raping all my fighters again. It is infuriating.