Training & Fight Engine Changes

Yeah I'll have a few beasts...only really had a couple ground guys, but excited to see what they can do. My striker, meh they could be in some trouble. Luckily one of my strikers had some decent subs--

Yeah, I think the submission tie-in kind of came out of left field. I didn't realize it was going to be such an important factor--but you know, let's just wait till tomorrow and see what Mike can do about that. He's a pretty reasonable guy, and I'm sure he'll come up with something fair. This is just a bump in the road guys, I'm sure it will all get worked out...so let's just not panic about it for right now.

You are not completely wrong, but there is more to it then that.

1. With the new sliders it will make it way easier for grapplers to counter into a takedown.

2. In order to get the two new skills up to decent numbers you have to take points out of high ranked skills, since everything was weighted instead of simple point re-allocation. Therefore you have to either gimp your striking or your TDD, DG or other Secondaries that you need to be high.

3. As mentioned before, Your DG will probably have to be sacrificed to some extent in order to get these new skills up to even a remotely decent level (which is still Shite!)

Older fighters are completely over the fucking barrel now. This is not overreaction.... this is fact. Especially so for those that have focused on keeping the fight standing and neutralizing the ground fighters rather then developing Subs since now that one skill has become the be all end all. I only trained subs for the fighters that I have already retired or am cutting for one reason or the other. It was a worthless skill for my strikers to have... Suddenly a complete reversal and I am fucked!

Seriously take a fucking chill pill.. You think you are the only one with fighters that are fucked?? You think you're the only one that hasn't got subs on your fighters and therefore your transitions are low? You think that because you have put 6 months into a fighter it's wasted? How aout people that have been playing 2+ years.. You sir are carrying on like a fucking moron.

I would hazard to guess just about every striker in the game is in the same boat..

You think the fact that a grappler can counter takedown is going to mean all of a sudden - your elite takedown defence is going to mean nothing??

The fight still has to get to the ground before anything happens

*** in reposnse to your second post about highly skilled guys.. I have 2 ground fighters with subs.. the 1 I was talking about and another that has fought since birth in an ID restricted org (so basically hampered).. The rest of the guys those that I have put massive time into are all strikers and all "fucked" as you would say

• Upvote 3

I was expecting the worst before I started reallocating but after doing 5-6 of my fighters Im actually pretty stoked now after seeing the diversity of the fighters I have done so far. In my opinion the new skills and sliders is going to make the game 100 times more fun and interesting. I know one thing, Ill have to train a lot of elbows and knees after this since that is where I took a lot of my points from LOL!

• Upvote 1

Was planning on getting a 139/139 BJJ/Wrestling coach (it's far cheaper then a double elite and will become double elite in a week or two with the number of people that would be in his classes :thumbup: ). 2 on 1 training vs. 1 on 1. I know Mike keeps saying that it is not the big a difference but it is. The guy that trains one on one with Elite coaches will out skill a guy that train 2 on 1 with the same coach every single time.

I thought Mike said if one guy was far superior to the other then 2 on 1 training would be the best for the lower skilled fighter. Is that no longer the case?

Just wanted to comment on this one last time before I hit the hay...but yeah it's pretty obvious that the inclusion of subs in just how much you can put into transitions is going to be a disaster. Many guys won't be able to even get up to proficient, whereas some ground guys are going to be elite in that category. It just creates a huge gap. I hope it's not too difficult a fix.

I was under the impression that whatever your dgrap was, that was how many points you could put towards transitions, so I dunno, I think a lot of people also believed that and feel a little blindsided.

• Upvote 2

hmm, have a problem with this. trying to do this on lowering two skills, elbows and knees. total in them is around 80. i get them to 1 and have around 60 for escapes and transitions. but when i give everything (move slider to the right) to these two, it stil says i have 60 points to give. my def grap wrest and bjj are all above 110 each.

update: now i have tried with all my fighters. and it is the same problem with all of them. i take 100 points from my primaries, secondaries, and psysicals, and the move my slider on two new, but no matter how much i add to two new, it is still not ok. most of the times it just adds 5 to 10 points to two new.

I couldnt get the sliders to work either, but the phone function worked fine.

I think the changes will be a good thing ones the smoke settles, and the proper coaches are added in the gyms.

Next move should be to include the use of knees and elbows outside of the clinch!

I guess we'll see surge of clinchrapers...riiiight. They will be harder to make then grapplers were in previous system.

Anyway, as with any change, I'm left out just as I barely settled. First it was str/cond that got nerfed in half while people prevously used 1/1 method and reaped rewards. Then it was gym 1on1 nerf when if finally got my own. And now, when my fighters are at 30 yrs age, on their top, nerfhammer gets me again. Luckily, I've already made my mind month before and now that vip ends in 14 days I'm on my exit door so it doesnt concern me that much.

All in all, change is very good for the game, I expected quite worse tbh. Could see more diversity and more overall planing, but i expect that true nature of a beast will be in 3-6 months when everything settles. Everyone are in the same boat anyway...

p.s.

any way to get sacked fighter back? :D

Seriously take a fucking chill pill.. You think you are the only one with fighters that are fucked?? You think you're the only one that hasn't got subs on your fighters and therefore your transitions are low? You think that because you have put 6 months into a fighter it's wasted? How aout people that have been playing 2+ years.. You sir are carrying on like a fucking moron.

I would hazard to guess just about every striker in the game is in the same boat..

You think the fact that a grappler can counter takedown is going to mean all of a sudden - your elite takedown defence is going to mean nothing??

This x1000......it would annoy me if Mike was forced to waste more time editing the reallocation system because one guy threw his toys out of the pram. Quit complaining until we actually see a few fights.

OK... I am not one guy. There are multiple guys in here that are rather annoyed, at the very least, by this change. It is not "everyone affected the same". Wrestlers and BJJ practitioners are most certainly not in the same position. This change was designed to help equalize the game so that Ground fighters became relevant. However, this does more than make them relevant... This inclusion of Subs as the limiting factor for Transitions means that ground fighters become GODS. Strikers have become obsolete, until they have enough time to fix their builds which for many (the older ones) will be impossible.

For the record, I didn't say I spent 6 months on these fighters of mine trying to fix their builds for the system prior to these new changes... I said I spent a year and a half. Now due to this I will need another 6 months to get even close. And that is only after we have enough training available for the hordes of fighters that will be requiring training in these new skills and trying to repair the damage to their skills they had to drop in order to put any points into them at all.

Again, I will say that yes. I actually do agree that this will probably create the most balanced engine the game has ever seen... In about 6 months after everyone has had time to get things sorted. Great time to start new projects though and awesome way to turn your grappler that you were thinking on sacking into the top fighter in your roster though... but terrible in the short term for all the strikers. IN the short term you are going to have striker vs striker or grappler vs. grappler, cause no one who knows what they are doing is going to risk certain defeat by accepting a fight with a grappler for their strikers.

This x1000......it would annoy me if Mike was forced to waste more time editing the reallocation system because one guy threw his toys out of the pram. Quit complaining until we actually see a few fights.

also redoing the transitions formula would mean reseting the whole system for users who have already reallocated points.

in theory, moreover, nothing has changed transitions & escapes-wise. the cap is calculated based on your fighters' previous (meaning old system) transitions & escapes skills, right? if your fighter is now mediocre in those areas, that means he already was before.

i'd really like to see these guys fight and how training of these skills play out before making any further adjustments. and let's all remember this is only a game which imo is about to get more realistic and more entertaining.

also redoing the transitions formula would mean reseting the whole system for users who have already reallocated points.

in theory, moreover, nothing has changed transitions & escapes-wise. the cap is calculated based on your fighters' previous (meaning old system) transitions & escapes skills, right? if your fighter is now mediocre in those areas, that means he already was before.

i'd really like to see these guys fight and how training of these skills play out before making any further adjustments. and let's all remember this is only a game which imo is about to get more realistic and more entertaining.

That is incorrect... The calculation for these moves before yesterday was based on DG, which is still needed at least to some extent b now you have to have had high subs to be allowed to defend against transitions. Going from Sensational or Elite to Mediocre is not even close to an accurate reflection of those abilities. IN fact most of my strikers will be lucky to see Abysmal due to the lack of Subs. Abysmal... at mid tier... good luck with that. Abysmal at low tier and you are hosed.. The top guys in the game are going to be less hurt by tis I think because they have probably picked up more subs along the way simply because of sparring, which may widen the gap even more between the top tier guys and the middle tier... I don't know for sure on that though.

I agree that transitions shouldn't depend on the Sub skill level. Elite wrestlers may not have subs at a high level, but would still transition like a hot knife through butter.

I'm all good with these changes, but one point really smashed me in the face today - I understand the new skills were meant to be a means of lowering everyone by 20% in thier total point allocations. However, I thought the initial idea was to only do that to fighters of a certain level? Now you have fighters who are pretty new - maybe 19-20 years old - and they're essentially hosed as they have two new skills to make up for and don't have the additional skill points new creations are given. Anything we can do here? Perhaps draw a line in the sand and say for creations newer than 200000 ID, they get the additional points fighters now have at creation and they can use them to allocate to the new skills?

• Upvote 2

I agree that transitions shouldn't depend on the Sub skill level. Elite wrestlers may not have subs at a high level, but would still transition like a hot knife through butter.

I'm all good with these changes, but one point really smashed me in the face today - I understand the new skills were meant to be a means of lowering everyone by 20% in thier total point allocations. However, I thought the initial idea was to only do that to fighters of a certain level? Now you have fighters who are pretty new - maybe 19-20 years old - and they're essentially hosed as they have two new skills to make up for and don't have the additional skill points new creations are given. Anything we can do here? Perhaps draw a line in the sand and say for creations newer than 200000 ID, they get the additional points fighters now have at creation and they can use them to allocate to the new skills?

Do new fighters have extra points now?

Do new fighters have extra points now?

No one complained that being a striker was too easy.

No one complained when having high def grap you could not get subbed and could just hold on until you were stood up.

No one complains when they are winning.

Now I'm fortunate enough these changes have worked in my favour for my fighter who I have the most passion for, but I've still got to get you to the ground otherwise I'm screwed.

I am usually one who doesn't like change and was fearful of this but come on guys, there's always ways around it.

** I actually agree with Stu here **

• Upvote 1

Submissions were required before this as well to defend against submissions and the overall ground game, were they not? Anyone who hasn't worked their submissions up to a certain level therefore was already at a disadvantage on the ground anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1