Training & Fight Engine Changes

From the spoiler change...

A note that assuming the remaining bug testing goes well, I am looking to bring in the training and fight engine changes next Monday (probably after London fights). I'll post up a link to a new wiki page which explains all the changes before Monday but in brief it will be a few new sliders, two new skills (transitions and escapes), some fight engine changes, the end of tickers (replaced by potential and age decline), plus a few other bits. Don't worry about a mad rush on Monday to change loads of stuff - that won't be a problem, even if you have fights on the day.

Get ready boys, here it comes...

I am fairly sure that this will cripple many of my fighters, but I still feel that it is much better for the game overall.

I hear that, about half my guys are in trouble. Lucky I have started different projects now and then so some are young enough to adapt. But still excited about the changes, was on the fence about renewing my VIP, but now will be like a whole new game to learn over.

I am really excited about the changes but what if fighters signed in an org would want to take a break to train new secondaries? I guess most of the managers will want to train them. That hipotetical situation would cause that orgs would have to stop creating events because no one may fight on them.

I am a little concerned about that. I hope that situation wouldn't happened :).

Bragi~

I hear that, about half my guys are in trouble. Lucky I have started different projects now and then so some are young enough to adapt. But still excited about the changes, was on the fence about renewing my VIP, but now will be like a whole new game to learn over.

Me too. Will have to see though... may just pull points out of shit that is already really low anyway and then just train them up instead of trying to train up the new skills... somethings are going to have to take a hit no matter what though.

I am really excited about the changes but what if fighters signed in an org would want to take a break to train new secondaries? I guess most of the managers will want to train them. That hipotetical situation would cause that orgs would have to stop creating events because no one may fight on them.

I am a little concerned about that. I hope that situation wouldn't happened :).

Bragi~

I think that there is a potential for this situation to happen, but let us not forget that EVERYONE is affected by this. Wrestlers may be enjoying a surge of popularity though...

I don't see how this "cripples" anyone's fighters. I think the game was due for a revamp. the new system adds some flavor is all. I'm not sure of the reasons that a striker may be at a disadvantage. need to be well-rounded enough to fight in an MMA match anyway...

what about KT fighters? will they even need to put any points in to the new skills?

I don't see how this "cripples" anyone's fighters. I think the game was due for a revamp. the new system adds some flavor is all. I'm not sure of the reasons that a striker may be at a disadvantage. need to be well-rounded enough to fight in an MMA match anyway...

what about KT fighters? will they even need to put any points in to the new skills?

Of course. Without escapes or transitions how will a KT fighter ever succeed?
  • Upvote 2

Of course. Without escapes or transitions how will a KT fighter ever succeed?

Thats funny. I just wish we could have done Diggs vs Orange before the changes. Diggs is a beast and will probably win either way, but would have been better to see when we were use to our skills and the system.

The reason for it crippling strikers is because they will need to put a considerable amount of points into those new skills more than likely and the ground fighters will not. Thus if your fighter is old (like my 31 year old striker) then it will be difficult to train up a new skill at his age. Not to mention what the Age and Potential hiddens Mike is adding to the game might do to them... My guy isn't over the Potential at all, so he will not be affected by that, but he very well could be affected and affected hard by the Age thing... Depending on how Mike does it then my y could suddenly stop learning all together having reached his learning apex. Not sure precisely how that will work.

As far as adding diversity and flavor... absolutely, I totally agree... which was a rather large part of why this was done in the first place. But that doesn't change the fact that many of the old school strikers are likely to be crippled by these changes.

And no, you KT Fighters will not need those skills at all. Unless they eventually transition over to MMA.

All of this is not to say that I am bitching or crying at all... I welcome the changes and will adapt accordingly with the new fights that I am training up and will train up in the future. I will also make an attempt to bring my older fighter into line with these changes, but it is certainly possible that I will not be able to compensate and many may have to be cut and/or retired. I think they are what we have needed in the game for a long time to promote diversity and even to level the field a bit for all levels of play here. Ground fighters (of which I have more than a few of) will also be a lot tougher now I suspect. All in all I think it is going to be very good for the game.

The reason for it crippling strikers is because they will need to put a considerable amount of points into those new skills more than likely and the ground fighters will not. Thus if your fighter is old (like my 31 year old striker) then it will be difficult to train up a new skill at his age. Not to mention what the Age and Potential hiddens Mike is adding to the game might do to them... My guy isn't over the Potential at all, so he will not be affected by that, but he very well could be affected and affected hard by the Age thing... Depending on how Mike does it then my y could suddenly stop learning all together having reached his learning apex. Not sure precisely how that will work.

As far as adding diversity and flavor... absolutely, I totally agree... which was a rather large part of why this was done in the first place. But that doesn't change the fact that many of the old school strikers are likely to be crippled by these changes.

All of this is not to say that I am bitching or crying at all... I welcome the changes and will adapt accordingly with the new fights that I am training up and will train up in the future. I will also make an attempt to bring my older fighter into line with these changes, but it is certainly possible that I will not be able to compensate and many may have to be cut and/or retired. I think they are what we have needed in the game for a long time to promote diversity and even to level the field a bit for all levels of play here. Ground fighters (of which I have more than a few of) will also be a lot tougher now I suspect. All in all I think it is going to be very good for the game.

I dunno, I think old school strikers will be okay. They have a lot of useless points they don't even need--things you've accumulated from sparring but never use...like elbows, knees, GNP, take off, ubmissions (might not accumulate to a ton under a weighted point spread system)--some might even give up an elite dgrap since they're more worried about escaping or transitions. Newer guys might have to take more away from the ones they want to keep like punches and kicks.

• Upvote 2

I dunno, I think old school strikers will be okay. They have a lot of useless points they don't even need--things you've accumulated from sparring but never use...like elbows, knees, GNP, take off, ubmissions (might not accumulate to a ton under a weighted point spread system)--some might even give up an elite dgrap since they're more worried about escaping or transitions. Newer guys might have to take more away from the ones they want to keep like punches and kicks.

That is an interesting perspective... I was planing on taking the points out of those skills as much as was feasible and only touching the "vital points" when absolutely necessary, but the problem then becomes, "how important will DG be post-change?"