Tycoon World Grappling Championships (Discussion Thread)

MMATycoon

Don't believe that white belts should be in same tier as purple.

yes yes a thousand times yes, Im a white belt and a rolled with a purple belt last night and within about 25 seconds Im pretty sure I was looking up my own arsehole whilst in a gi choke. Purple vs white is just too big a gap

• Upvote 1

I don't really see why keeping separate records would keep it messy. It would actually be really interesting. A guy with a 20-0 KT record making his mma debut and not adding the 21 fight on his overall record. Mixing both feel strange, but that's no problem...

I believe that white-blue, purple-brown and black-red could suit well here. Perhaps only a black division and then a red, but this way looks good. :)

what would people think to the possibility of flying subs?

Obviously you'd have to limit their use to avoid spamming by x% of them resulting in just falling to the floor and your opponent waving you up and x% being defended against and thus being similalr to having pulled guard.

Im not sure if the coding would be too much (I supose its effectivly adding a try submissions in the clinch slider)

but would add an extra level of tactics and more importantly be really bad ass.

Im not saying by any means it should be common place- but in a high level submission grappling contest its not that unusual to get one or two across maybe 100 matches, and with the sheer volume of matches this game turns over weird things do happen occasionally.

I don't really see why keeping separate records would keep it messy. It would actually be really interesting. A guy with a 20-0 KT record making his mma debut and not adding the 21 fight on his overall record. Mixing both feel strange, but that's no problem...

I believe that white-blue, purple-brown and black-red could suit well here. Perhaps only a black division and then a red, but this way looks good. :)

I don't mean the list of fights would be messy, that would be fine - it's the bit at the top where you have x wins by this, x losses by that.... that bit would be a mess unless we did a drop down selector or something.

I don't mean the list of fights would be messy, that would be fine - it's the bit at the top where you have x wins by this, x losses by that.... that bit would be a mess unless we did a drop down selector or something.

Or it could give the record of whatever you fought in last/highest hyped in. So if you fought in k-1 it didnt show MMA record just your k-1

• Upvote 3

Yep, I agree fighters should have separate records for KT, MMA and TWGC. I know Mike has said he does not want the fighters page to look messy. IMO, a workaround to this is to show the non-MMA records only if the fighter has at least one fight in the respective discipline.

I mean, 0-0-0 KT or 0-0-0 TWGC would never be displayed (this logic would also apply to KT and TWGC fight history - keep that session of the page hidden until a match in one of these is fought)... when the fighter does at least one fight in one of these (KT and TWGC for now), then the record would show up, underneath the MMA record... this way, the 'mess' would be up to the user who decided their fighter would compete in something else other than MMA.

Since this is PHP and the page is dynamically built, the page for the fighter who only fought MMA fights in their entire career would look exactly how it does today... it would contain additional info only for those guys who ever competed in something else other than MMA.

If a dropdown selector is undesirable for one reason or another, you could display KO, subs, and decisions for MMA fights, but simply list wins and losses for KT and grappling. They are secondary and don't really need as much detail. That would save space on the fighter profile.

• Upvote 1

If a dropdown selector is undesirable for one reason or another, you could display KO, subs, and decisions for MMA fights, but simply list wins and losses for KT and grappling. They are secondary and don't really need as much detail. That would save space on the fighter profile.

yep!

hell, slept over it, and i think we don't even need to have the KT and TWGC records in the fighters main page. leave it as is if it's gonna get too messy (just the record, I don't think it would).

since we're breaking down the list of fights for KT and TWGC separately, we could actually summarize the record in that 'Record' title section right above the list of fights... for KT could look something like this, which would be followed by the list of KT fights... same for TWGC and for anything else Mike adds in the future:

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/4134/83544726.jpg

also, the whole section, which stores KT Record could be hidden until the fighter has at least one KT fight... same for TWGC. Not for MMA, this is an MMA game. So the section to record the MMA fights would always be there, even if it's empty, as is today.

no definite date yet but mikes said it wont be done in an org- it'll be kept as a global non org thing like the qfc tournys.

ok. that would make sense. what city will it be held in?

A drop down selector doesn't sound too bad.