Tycoon World Grappling Championships (Discussion Thread)

MMATycoon

iv got one iv started recently, his learning speed seems not great, so shortly I may give him a trial match (if i can find a similar grappler build to fight, QFC would be too much chance of getting a striker and him getting KOed before I learn anything) see how he does on the ground.

Iv also got a few older guys im likely to enter

Separate records and I agree with the new belt system for the tournament, someone said like 10 (Superb) Boxing, 11 (Remarkable) Muay Thai, 13 (Exceptional) Wrestling, Purple Belt and a TWGC brown beltThis bold part would just be add if the fighter is going to participate at the TWGC and Muay Thai and Boxing clinch factors would be off.

• Downvote 1

I am really looking foreward for this!

Imo. Red and Black should be in the same division, as the skill difference is really small between these.

I think it should take wrestling into account as well, because I think a brown belt with elite wrestling would beat a red belt with feeble wrestling more often than not. Between wrestling and BJJ there's a total of 300 points available for those two primaries, maybe we could make brackets using those points, eg 270-300 = top group, 240-270 = second group......just an idea.

should hold this thing in cities that aren't actually in the game. the finals, I mean.

it could rotate each time and folks gotta fly there fighter there or the fighters just show up? not sure about code on that tho.

could even have companies buy sponsor slots on it...regionals all the way up. maybe only let regional companies sponsor regionals etc.

I've only had one fight so far and there was no ground action but in already lookin forward to this thing

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Put the grappl

should hold this thing in cities that aren't actually in the game. the finals, I mean.

it could rotate each time and folks gotta fly there fighter there or the fighters just show up? not sure about code on that tho.

could even have companies buy sponsor slots on it...regionals all the way up. maybe only let regional companies sponsor regionals etc.

I've only had one fight so far and there was no ground action but in already lookin forward to this thing

Put it in Abu Dhabi just like the real thing IMO.

I have an idea involving the Olympics that is just as silly but much more enjoyable than fighter housing... and completely off topic.

But I'm looking forward to this thing running so I can prove that the KO King is also the Submission Sensei.

Yeah right you dumb ass ginger Gremlechaun

I'll take your best grapplers with mine, that is if you can actually get them to the right location. It's a tall order for you, I know.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Don't believe that white belts should be in same tier as purple.

White - Blue

Purple - Brown

Black - Red

easy

yes yes a thousand times yes, Im a white belt and a rolled with a purple belt last night and within about 25 seconds Im pretty sure I was looking up my own arsehole whilst in a gi choke. Purple vs white is just too big a gap

I see the point here, but how many white belts will be entering a grappling tourney? It takes little to no training at all to make blue.

I stand by the idea of two groups:

white-blue-purple

brown-black-red

• Downvote 1

What white belt is going to be dumb enough to face a purple belt? They would lose every time.

At least against a blue they have a chance at winning if they have decent subs/pos.

Also, there are people who just straight up love grappling, doesnt matter if they are white belts or red belts. I believe this new addition will attract fighters of all levels. What would deter them is if you broaden the skill disparity where they know they have no chance of becoming champion.

• Upvote 1