1. 1. Your age?

• 10-14
    • 15-19
    • 20-24
    • 25-29
    • 30-34
    • 35-39
    • 40+

Im 35. It surprises me a little that I'm in one of the older groups on here.

I am suprised by that too, I imagine though that should the game become massively inflated in terms of popularity then the stats would level out a little.

• 3 weeks later...

bold statement for a 21 year old to make, with your vast knowledge of boxing economics covering small town shows, right through to Vegas nights, the percentage of young males taking up boxing as opposed to other sports compared to decades gone by, hand in hand with your crystal ball into the future.

Consider this, boxing is fragmented across the alphabets, they are not a combined force, there are also too many promoters etc.

MMA under the UFC marketing banner has the economies of scale, they can market their product and generate interest. They are planting seeds of growth globally. Fight Nights globally, UFC nights globally. Ultimate Fighter is global.

Boxing isn't doing anything as a sport, complacency kills!

Everything changes, I think boxing will still have a place as a discipline, but not as the premiere fighting sport in the decades to come. IMO.

• Downvote 1