Rate the last movie you saw ...

Dunkirk --- 5.75/10 - Was expecting more after reading the reviews. In particular i felt the music used in this film was very irritating, but overall a solid attempt for a war film, i do not recommend this to anyone unless you actually like the second world war setting.

I was expecting more as well but I love WWI or WWII films so I really enjoyed the movie anyways. It had a far different feel than most world war movies I've seen before since there was so little dialogue but a lot of suspense. I give it a 6.5 maybe a 7.

That's the point of the movie though. There was very little man-to-man combat at Dunkirk. The British Military wasn't able to bring in any material to the beaches, and they lagged far behind in both recources and aviation compared to the Germans.

I've always been fascinated by WWII but I have never even heard of what happened in Dunkirk. Maybe it's because I'm American and most if not all of what we learn in school has to do with how America was involved.

I was expecting more as well but I love WWI or WWII films so I really enjoyed the movie anyways. It had a far different feel than most world war movies I've seen before since there was so little dialogue but a lot of suspense. I give it a 6.5 maybe a 7.

I've always been fascinated by WWII but I have never even heard of what happened in Dunkirk. Maybe it's because I'm American and most if not all of what we learn in school has to do with how America was involved.

Well, it's mostly what is portrayed in the film. The allied fighters got boxed in without supplies. Instead of fighting man to man, the Germans decided to use their supperior airforce to deny any extraction try and pick off and starve the remaining allied soldiers
  • Downvote 1

• Bright (2017) -------------- 5/10

They had a good concept going here but i think the story-line was weak. There was nowhere near enough comedy/humor in this film and it was absolutely necessary because it was hard to take this film serious, the action parts needed a bit more spice as well. I guess i would watch a second film if they made one (i heard they plan to make a sequel) just based upon the fact that i like Smith and the idea is interesting/has potential.

I liked it. Couple parts were dragged out and I think the action scenes were a bit ... tacky ... I guess you could say, but I enjoyed it. I wouldn't say it should be rated higher even though I'd definitely recommend giving it a go. Unique world. Unique concept. Very interesting theme. Would make a good video game.

yeah black mirror is awesome. i haven't finished this season yet, but it's a consistently great show. although, my favorites are definitely from the earlier episodes (15 million merits, white christmas, and the national anthem)

the fate of the furious - 2/10 terrible movie, way too over the top, horrible script and worse dialogue. it's probably great if you're 11 or 12, but anyone else should skip it.

Bojack Horseman - 9/10

Great show with wonderful writing and great character buliding. I think my main problem with it is that, for a comedy, I didn't really laugh that much. The humor was really hit or miss for and it seemed like more often than not it missed, but there were episodes that I found hilarious so It's not like I never laughed at it.

But I think the characters, story, and world building this show has makes up for it, ten fold. I highly recommend it if anybody hasn't watched it yet.

Jigsaw - 6/10

It is probably not worth a 6. In general it is a typical Saw type movie, everything you get and expect to see in the series with the usual twists and unexpected finish and they always do well in the death scenes for this film. That said, there was nothing new in terms of the plot, i mean absolutely nothing, it was essentially the same old thing repeated over 6-7 films. I gave it a 6 because in the end i got what i wanted, a good horror/thriller film with lots of blood, i have been disappointing in some of the more recent horrors, so i guess it was a breath of not so fresh air "throwback". So i would say that as a stand alone Horror it is around 6.75, but as a film in general not more than a 4.5.

Gone Girl.

Woah there! That's fucking mental.

9/10. (Only doesn't get 10/10 cause I didn't like the ending.)

that was something !!!!

not the greatest ending ... but a great movie

Blade Runner 2049 - 8/10

I'm very biased. I love the cyberpunk aesthetic in general so everything about the visuals for this film was tailor-made for me. Story was decent, though some of the characters were weak and/or underutilized.

Trespass Against Us - 5.5/10

Nothing special. Fassbender is great (as usual) but the overall film was okay at best. Nothing at all to get excited about.

Good Time - 8/10

Great score, interesting yet simple story, nice visuals & a great performance by Pattinson. Slow-paced though, with some unnecessary scenes.