Abuse of Manager Rank

ClarkKent

Personally I don't care about the money but it would suck not to get a certain FA becouse someone is doing this.

except that they get cut again and are still available. When I was looking for a couple of FA's to add to my roster as fighters a few years ago good Ole Lance Templeton was doing the same thing. He was ranked about 20 spots higher than me at the time and nabbed 4-5 right in front of me, which felt like 20. I pm'd him about it after the 2nd time and he let me know that there was something fucked with the secondaries or something like that. Sometimes we'd talk about it in chat. The point is, whether the fighter was getting taken for money or for a better look at the secondaries as a possible fighter, you don't get everyone you want and sometimes they get thrown back to FA for other reasons as well.

I'll do it, too.

I don't really have a horse in this race, but all this talk about ztarken got me thinking: For a card carrying communist he SURE loved exploitative capitalist tactics!

Ha!

Very true. I used to get a lot of pm's from that guy and some from his multi's. He was a very bizarre individual.

There's so many pages here that I didn't bother to look them all through if it's brought up already, but this problem was solved already a year or two ago. There was an update made that required free agent to have as much money as he had when picked up so he could be released immediately, if the fighter had less money you'd have to wait 15 or 30 day to do so. I've brought this up a couple of times but no one has ever said why this isn't working any more.

• Upvote 2

There's so many pages here that I didn't bother to look then all through if it's brought up already, but this problem was solved already a year or two ago. There was an update made that required free agent to have as much money as he had when picked up so he could be released immediately, if the fighter had less money you'd have to wait 15 or 30 day to do so. I've brought this up a couple of times but no one has ever said why this isn't working any more.

Although I've never heard about this update, it seems like a pretty good idea.

There's so many pages here that I didn't bother to look then all through if it's brought up already, but this problem was solved already a year or two ago. There was an update made that required free agent to have as much money as he had when picked up so he could be released immediately, if the fighter had less money you'd have to wait 15 or 30 day to do so. I've brought this up a couple of times but no one has ever said why this isn't working any more.

Damn I too didn't remember about this. What happened?

The thing is the game is set up in such as way. The only solution i see to it is adding some type of "cap" to how many FAs you can pick up. I have a top 100 p4p ranking as a manager, but i never pick up FAs, let alone do the money thingy. I am sure some managers are actively involved in this though.

• Upvote 1

The thing is the game is set up in such as way. The only solution i see to it is adding some type of "cap" to how many FAs you can pick up. I have a top 100 p4p ranking as a manager, but i never pick up FAs, let alone do the money thingy. I am sure some managers are actively involved in this though.

Exactly. Make it one per game year as I proposed a couple of pages ago, or some other cap. IMHO 1 FA in 3 months would not harm guys who do it in good terms and will discourage abusing the feature. There are guys picking 3/4 FA's weekly to launder their money. This is taking away the opportunity from new and inexperienced managers to access good fighters which is the main point of the FA list in the first place.

Exactly. Make it one per game year as I proposed a couple of pages ago, or some other cap. IMHO 1 FA in 3 months would not harm guys who do it in good terms and will discourage abusing the feature. There are guys picking 3/4 FA's weekly to launder their money. This is taking away the opportunity from new and inexperienced managers to access good fighters which is the main point of the FA list in the first place.

Yes it would, people pick up a FA and sometimes they have bad secondaries.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

So? They would still be able to let them go, and will be able to pick another FA up in a couple more months. Why the rush?

3 months is a long ass time. Would rather go with the FA has to have same amount of money when you pick him up before you cut him or you wait. Least then the ppl who legit want to check FAs out won't get punished as well. Getting to pick up 1 FA in a 3 month period would suck.

Thats the cost of doing business.

Couldnt that same thing be said about abusing manager ranks in the first place?

• Upvote 1

3 months is a long ass time. Would rather go with the FA has to have same amount of money when you pick him up before you cut him or you wait. Least then the ppl who legit want to check FAs out won't get punished as well. Getting to pick up 1 FA in a 3 month period would suck.

Yep - that def works for me. How long you wait? 3 months? :D

Couldnt that same thing be said about abusing manager ranks in the first place?

The three month rule as previously explained would at least be fair for everybody.

so is a manager stealing all ur money.

sorry, not cost...possibility.

I don't think thats the same thing at all, once is maliciously cheating, the other you're taking a chance on a free agent. It might pay off it might not, its your call, youre not being cheated.