The Island Season 2 - General Discussion

What happens with Island fighter on Island Free Slot after season? We can keep him, he joins roster if we have open slot atm or he is auto-released?

I am a bit curious about that as well. I would assume that you have a choice whether or not you want to drop him or keep him and drop another fighter.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13890303632114.png

Kenneth Omeruo

25 year old

155lbs

2-0

"2 fights, 2 wins. Also got word from my manager that I'm now apparently the 12th best fighter (p4p) on The Island according to the rankings, not long until I'm #1"

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=635510

Kenneth Omeruo

25 year old

155lbs

2-0

We're currently hours away from Kenneth Omeruo's 3rd professional MMA fight, it'll be interesting to see if he can continue his winning streak or will he suffer his first defeat as a professional mixed martial artist? This third fight will be Kenneth's first under the Chaos banner, he recently signed a 4 fight deal with the number 4 ranked Island org.

"It's about time I got a contract from one of these orgs. I was approached by a couple of orgs one even approached me then changed their mind about taking me onto their roster, I was pretty shocked by it if I'm honest as I didn't think the organisations here on The Island could be so unprofessional. When Chaos approached me, they were a pretty new org however they told me about their plans and they sound very ambitious and so I'm happy to be here fighting in this org."

Standing across from him in the cage will be Jere "Lil' Heater" Stephens (2-2) who has had a mixed set of results since this season of The Island started and it looks like he's struggled to find consistency, losing a fight, then winning, then losing, then winning. He's coming off a win, so it'll be interesting to see if he can start a winning streak, or if he's going to continue that pattern.

It's interesting to note that both Jere Stephens and Kenneth Omeruo train at Island Conditioning, a basic gym for fighters currently located on The Island.

"I don't really pay attention to any other fighters at the gym, when I'm at the gym I'm concentrating on training so I can be the best fighter I can be. Perhaps he was trying to see what I was doing in the gym during the lead up to this fight but I couldn't really care, you know why, it's because he's going to have to bring his A game if he wants to have any chance of stopping me!"

Having watched both of Kenneth's previous fights, he is definitely one to keep an eye on during this season of The Island. He's fighting in a couple of hours time so be sure to check out his fight!

• 2 weeks later...

Kenneth Omeruo

25 year old

155lbs

2-0

We're currently hours away from Kenneth Omeruo's 3rd professional MMA fight, it'll be interesting to see if he can continue his winning streak or will he suffer his first defeat as a professional mixed martial artist? This third fight will be Kenneth's first under the Chaos banner, he recently signed a 4 fight deal with the number 4 ranked Island org.

"It's about time I got a contract from one of these orgs. I was approached by a couple of orgs one even approached me then changed their mind about taking me onto their roster, I was pretty shocked by it if I'm honest as I didn't think the organisations here on The Island could be so unprofessional. When Chaos approached me, they were a pretty new org however they told me about their plans and they sound very ambitious and so I'm happy to be here fighting in this org."

Standing across from him in the cage will be Jere "Lil' Heater" Stephens (2-2) who has had a mixed set of results since this season of The Island started and it looks like he's struggled to find consistency, losing a fight, then winning, then losing, then winning. He's coming off a win, so it'll be interesting to see if he can start a winning streak, or if he's going to continue that pattern.

It's interesting to note that both Jere Stephens and Kenneth Omeruo train at Island Conditioning, a basic gym for fighters currently located on The Island.

"I don't really pay attention to any other fighters at the gym, when I'm at the gym I'm concentrating on training so I can be the best fighter I can be. Perhaps he was trying to see what I was doing in the gym during the lead up to this fight but I couldn't really care, you know why, it's because he's going to have to bring his A game if he wants to have any chance of stopping me!"

Having watched both of Kenneth's previous fights, he is definitely one to keep an eye on during this season of The Island. He's fighting in a couple of hours time so be sure to check out his fight!

Kenneth Omeruo

25 year old

155lbs

4-0

Nigerian fighter Kenneth Omeruo is on a roll at the minute. Following his first win fighting under the Chaos banner at Chaos 3, he was offered the chance to fight for the Lightweight title against Tyson Thor (5-2) at Chaos 6 in the Co-Main Event, 11 days after his first fight for Chaos. Despite getting off to a bad start in the first round, Kenneth came back and look impressive in the 2nd and 3rd rounds before TKOing Tyson Thor after he had rocked him with a head kick moments before.

A lot of MMA reporters were impressed that Kenneth Omeruo, a blue belt in BJJ, managed to defend all the submissions against Tyson Thor who has a brown belt in BJJ. Thor has won all of his professional MMA fights by submission and so it's quite an achievement for Kenneth to survive a full round on his back against Thor.

Following his win at Chaos 6, Kenneth Omeruo is now ranked #5 p4p on The Island and #2 Lightweight. The only Lightweight being ahead of Kenneth is Alejandro Contreras (5-0), the current Island Freedom Fighters champion.

• Upvote 1

I wanted to put my fighter in a training camp for a week or two since I don't have a company, I don't see why I can't do that. If I want to waste a company slot training 1 fighter for two weeks I should be allowed to do that. I'm not using outside money to fund it, just what my fighter makes which means I have to balance out a way to cover signing fees and be in the gym long enough to break even.

• Downvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13887359184285.jpg

After i have dominated in all of my fights at IFF, my contract has officially ended. I hope that IFF does the right thing and brings me back for a good price tag, especially for all the chicken i have sold at The IFF Bar and Grill not to mention the Fight with Timi Kahuna that i asked for a month ago... Unfortunately somehow that became a title fight for Ceasar Black on the same card as my dominating performance to end my contract. Nevertheless i dont get mad, im the happy chicken man from the other end of the world that means business in the cage. I will give some things a serious thought and hopefully IFF will bring me back and grant me that shot at Timi that i have deserved.

• Upvote 1

Kenneth Omeruo

25 year old

155lbs

4-0

Nigerian fighter Kenneth Omeruo is on a roll at the minute. Following his first win fighting under the Chaos banner at Chaos 3, he was offered the chance to fight for the Lightweight title against Tyson Thor (5-2) at Chaos 6 in the Co-Main Event, 11 days after his first fight for Chaos. Despite getting off to a bad start in the first round, Kenneth came back and look impressive in the 2nd and 3rd rounds before TKOing Tyson Thor after he had rocked him with a head kick moments before.

A lot of MMA reporters were impressed that Kenneth Omeruo, a blue belt in BJJ, managed to defend all the submissions against Tyson Thor who has a brown belt in BJJ. Thor has won all of his professional MMA fights by submission and so it's quite an achievement for Kenneth to survive a full round on his back against Thor.

Following his win at Chaos 6, Kenneth Omeruo is now ranked #5 p4p on The Island and #2 Lightweight. The only Lightweight being ahead of Kenneth is Alejandro Contreras (5-0), the current Island Freedom Fighters champion.

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1391116194untitle.png

Chaos 9: Omeruo Retains The Title!

http://mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20140130211015images.jpg

Kenneth Omeruo

25 year old

155lbs

5-0

Kenneth Omeruo faced his toughest test to date when he stepped into the cage with Andrzej "Beniu" Lisiowski (4-2). It was a back and forth fight with Kenneth showing his skills in the stand up again with some impressive kicks but Lisiowski was very close to winning the fight as he controlled a couple of rounds by trapping Kenneth in his clinch.

Lisiowski was very close to getting his hand raised halfway through the 3rd round because he actually had Omeruo rocked at one stage after Omeruo took a massive knee to the face. Omeruo showed great heart to make it through the round and it looked like he was still feeling the effects of that knee in the 4th as he basically controlled the whole round in the 4th.

Determined to hold on to his belt, Kenneth Omeruo came out in the 5th and kept the fight on the outside, avoiding the clinch game of Lisiowski and scoring with a few kicks to win him the round.

All 3 judges scored the 1st, 2nd and 5th round for Kenneth Omeruo, meaning that he won by unanimous decision and retained his Lightweight title. He's still the #2 ranked Lightweight on The Island and now ranked #6 p4p on the Island

• 3 weeks later...

You could get some good hiddens but you are down a lot of training time.

But it would help if I'd created an 18 year old, 'cause it's nice when you have that fast energy recovery :) After the season, he'll be ready :)

It doesn't matter too much because the majority of The Island fighters are 25 year olds and so their skills wont have improved that much

With a bit more than 3 months of training they could have made their 25 year olds have at least 14 conditioning, strenght from 1 to about 12, and other physicals to about 7, respectable at least.

But it would help if I'd created an 18 year old, 'cause it's nice when you have that fast energy recovery :) After the season, he'll be ready :)

I doubt itd be nice,he has to fight to make money to pay for the gyms,all of the gyms are crowded,his secondaries wouldnt stand a chance with the 25YOS already competing... I could be wrong

Something which I didn't notice until there now, there's nearly as many fighters on The Island as there is at Hilo. Hilo has 1600 and something and The Island has 1500 and something.

Quite an impressive figure and I guess you can say that The Island is pretty popular ( or Hilo is pretty unpopular :P )

• Upvote 2

Dang. Just (re)joined the game. Would of loved to be on this. I will join if theres a season 3??

Tbh don't think it'd be too late to join, make a 25 year old and if you get some a decent chin/hands you can still win some QFC's and a lot of org fights. Not an awful lot of improvement from training takes place.

Kenneth vs Can certainly needs to happen within the next three weeks imo. Just got to find a way to satisfy both orgs.

It doesn't matter too much because the majority of The Island fighters are 25 year olds and so their skills wont have improved that much

If you started with low strength and cardio for the extra physical points it is a lot. The supps don't help that much and it took a lot longer than I thought to work cardio and strength up.