Fantasy Baseball 2015

Deuce7

So I'm thinking about doing a mid-season update to look at the Sleepers and Steals that I predicted after the draft, plus actual steals that each has picked up. Any one object???

As long as the Blue jays have a shitty week ,Davy Jones can beat.

Yeah... then they better stop playing my White Sox... jeez. Sounds like Davy's going to do well this week.

Hey there beating the Jays right now as long as they don't blow the last inning. My Tampa Bay pitchers Archer and Odorizzi can't buy a damn win, no run support what so ever.

Yeah. Archer should be ok with other categories, but Wins will be hard to come by.

Team Heard Round The World

Draft Steal: Joey Votto - .275 AVG/ 20 Runs/ 8 HRs/ 22 RBIs / 5 SBs

Votto hasn't been quite as good as I expected, but his slash line (the numbers above) is solid enough that getting him in the 6th round should still be considered a steal. He still has the potential to put up big numbers, but the the Reds offense struggling so I expect him to around .285 AVG/ 25 HRs/ 85 RBIs.

Draft Sleeper: Ben Zobrist - .246 AVG/ 10 Runs/ 1 HRs/ 10 RBIs/ 1 SB

Jacman traded Zobrist to Deuce7 for Koji Uehara and it seems he has gotten the better end of that deal. Zobrist recently returned from the disabled list, where he has been for a bout a month. With the A's playing terrible, look for Zobrist to be traded to a contender by the end of July where he could be plugged into the back half of a line up and his RBI numbers increase.

Best Pick Up: Nick Hundley - .315 AVG/ 17 Runs/ 5 HRs/ 16 RBIs

Hundley has been a nice surprise for the Rockies, who expected Wilin Rosario to be their starting catcher coming into the season. But when Rosario couldn't hit the Rockies turned to Hundley who has exceeded expectations. A career .243 hitter, Hundely is taking full advantage of playing his home games in the thin air of Denver and could continue to produce career high numbers.

Actual Steal: Dallas Keuchel - 7 Wins/ 60 Ks/ 1.76 ERA

I don't think anyone expected Keuchel to have the season he is having so far. Easily one of the best pitchers so far this season on an Astros team that has caught many people by surprise. He has the lowest ERA in the American League among pitchers that qualify and is also 1st in batting average against holding opposing hitters to a .183 average.

• Upvote 3

The write up for my team was great Deuce. Couldn't agree more with the players you picked at each spot. If I could throw in a biggest bust for my team it would be Anibal Sanchez (3-6, 5.75 ERA, 1.31 WHIP, 68K). He's had one great start and a couple good ones but the rest have been mediocre. Starting the year I thought he would be my second best option at pitcher behind Scherzer but so far he's been pretty awful. Good thing is though that Wacha and Keuchel are pitching out of their minds.

The write up for my team was great Deuce. Couldn't agree more with the players you picked at each spot. If I could throw in a biggest bust for my team it would be Anibal Sanchez (3-6, 5.75 ERA, 1.31 WHIP, 68K). He's had one great start and a couple good ones but the rest have been mediocre. Starting the year I thought he would be my second best option at pitcher behind Scherzer but so far he's been pretty awful. Good thing is though that Wacha and Keuchel are pitching out of their minds.

Yeah I'm trying to avoid the bust since it is still early, plus I figure most guys have dropped their biggest bust.

Beer Showers

Draft Steal: Adam Wainwright - 2 Wins/ 18 Ks/ 1.44 ERA

Well Wainwright was definitely on his way to another dominant season, but then tragedy struck and a torn achilles put him on the shelf for the entire season. Clearly Wainwright would have been an absolute steal in round number six and would have made the Cardinals the most difficult team to beat in the NL and probably World Series favorites.

Draft Sleeper: Lance Lynn - 3 Wins/ 67 Ks/ 3.41 ERA

Lynn is still that one guy that shows flashes brilliance one start and then completely bombs his next start. A 3-4 win/loss record isn't bad, but isn't exactly great. All of that being said, Lynn ranks among the top 15 in Ks and should still hit his average 15 Wins (probably more) and be around 200 innings pitched for a playoff bound team.

Best Pick Up: Alex Rodriguez - .281 AVG/ 28 Runs/ 11 HRs/ 27 RBIs

Very few people could have seen this coming. Age 39, coming off an entire season and then some of no live pitching or competition and he is actually leading the Yankees in a few offensive categories?? I would like to say that I don't expect him to keep this up all season, but I think the time off actually rejuvenated his passion and lit a fire under him, so 25-30 HRs isn't out of the question.

Actual Steal: Kris Bryant - .281 AVG/ 27 Runs/ 7 HRs/ 32 RBIs/ 5 SBs

Not like this one was a hard choice. While the power numbers haven't quite been there (or at least been what everyone has expected), Bryant has put together a great start to his rookie campaign. Even though he had to wait the 10 days for his call up he is ranked in the top 20 of RBIs with 32 and has shown sneaky speed by stealing 5 bases. The sky is the limit for Bryant this season.

I think Gallo will be more like Baez than bryant. If he is hot for his two weeks hes up and hits some HR's I'll be happy.

Yeah I think that will probably be the better comparison.