Fantasy Baseball 2015

Deuce7

Barring anything completely shocking and someone's entire team having a meltdown on the same day, it looks like Jacman and myself are moving on to face Davy and JLP.

It looks that way right now, hopefully my offense can keep this up because they're playing the best they've played all year. Maybe they can carry me to the title along with (in my opinion) the best pitching staff.

It looks that way right now, hopefully my offense can keep this up because they're playing the best they've played all year. Maybe they can carry me to the title along with (in my opinion) the best pitching staff.

My offense has actually been playing some of their best baseball right now, although compared to the rest of you guys it's pretty bad. My pitching, which has been the strong point of my team all season, has been garbage these last two weeks. Gray, Volquez and Corbin all had their worst starts of the season this week.

My offense has actually been playing some of their best baseball right now, although compared to the rest of you guys it's pretty bad. My pitching, which has been the strong point of my team all season, has been garbage these last two weeks. Gray, Volquez and Corbin all had their worst starts of the season this week.

Yeah my team has been riding on the backs of the pitching but all of a sudden the flip was switched and my pitching is mediocre. I think they'll turn it around but my biggest fear is that my pitchers start getting rested like they did with Wacha. I don't like relying on the offense, they've disappointed me too many times.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah my team has been riding on the backs of the pitching but all of a sudden the flip was switched and my pitching is mediocre.

The complete opposite in my case. The offence that carried me all season is mediocre and my pitchers are hot! Hopefully my offense starts producing soon, the score is way to close for comfort.

Samardzija gave up 10 yesterday

He's gotta be pitching hurt. He's been completely awful the last month. As a Sox fan, I get tired of yelling at my TV every time he pitches. Hindsight is 20/20 and I'll admit that I was happy when they traded for him, but Samardzija has been a total bust this year and I will be happy to see him go back to the cubs next season as a free agent.

Everyone of my SP's the last 4 days has given up 4+ runs........somehow I am still leading in ERA

Other than Arrieta, my SP's have been hot garbage for the last month. I sat all my starters over the weekend, hoping to win the WHIP category and knowing I'll keep my saves lead. Kendry Morales single-handedly saved your ass today.

What happens if we end the day in a tie(which looks like the most likely result)?

Jacman and I might end up in a tie as well if he gets just one more save, there is still a chance. These final matchups have been ridiculously close!

Hey if I can also get a steal out of Cespedes or Wright I could win the matchup(assuming I can get a save). Whichever teams win really had to earn their wins.

Tie-breaker is H2H record. So as long as we stay tied I'll advance as I beat Tulo-git 5-4-1 in both of our matches.

Looks like you're moving on JLP

I was really hoping one or two of your RP would blow it and they almost did, but not quite enough.

Complete Game Shutout from Arrieta last night and my closers went 3 for 3 in save opportunities. Arrieta getting three starts this round is huge for me. I'd love to see him get the Cy Young this year, Bryant is a shoo-in for the ROY.

That doesn't even sound like English lol. I'm sure it makes sense if you know about basketball but if we had a conversation, you would have tell me what a shutout, Arrieta, closer, 3 for 3, save, start, round, Cy Young, Bryant, and a ROY is before I had any hope of understanding you. To me it sounds like this...

Complete Game thing from thing last night and my things went thing in thing opportunities. Thing getting three things this thing is huge for me. I'd love to see him get the thing this year, thing is a shoo-in for the thing.

I don't mean to be annoying, but that's how it sounds, and I think it's funny enough to be worth mentioning. Like, three sentances and not one thing I understand! Now I know how it must sound when you read about football, with offside, corners, obstruction, Bobby Charlton, 1966 and all that.

• Downvote 1

That doesn't even sound like English lol. I'm sure it makes sense if you know about basketball but if we had a conversation, you would have tell me what a shutout, Arrieta, closer, 3 for 3, save, start, round, Cy Young, Bryant, and a ROY is before I had any hope of understanding you. To me it sounds like this...

Complete Game thing from thing last night and my things went thing in thing opportunities. Thing getting three things this thing is huge for me. I'd love to see him get the thing this year, thing is a shoo-in for the thing.

I don't mean to be annoying, but that's how it sounds, and I think it's funny enough to be worth mentioning. Like, three sentances and not one thing I understand! Now I know how it must sound when you read about football, with offside, corners, obstruction, Bobby Charlton, 1966 and all that.

It's called being well versed in all sports. I understood all of those references to baseball and football. Usually baseball is a thinking man's sport, but everything JLP said makes perfect sense to even novice baseball fans. If you're not a fan of baseball, that is perfectly fine, but you are in the wrong forum.

FYI.......

• Shutout - when a pitcher(s) does not give up any runs during a game
  • Arrieta - Jake Arrieta is a Starting Pitcher for the Chicago Cubs
  • Closer - a pitcher that comes in at the end of a close ball game to get the final few outs
  • Save - what a Closer gets when he comes into a game and gets the final outs when his team is leading by 3 runs or less
  • Start - Refers to the pitcher who gets start the game for his respective team (example: Jake Arrieta)
  • Round - Refers to the round which JLP is currently playing in our fantasy league
  • Cy Young - Awarded to the best pitcher in each league (American & National) at the end of the season
  • Bryant - Kris Bryant is the starting 3rd baseman for the Chicago Cubs
  • ROY - Rookie of the Year (anybody that watches any of the main 5 sports should understand what this is)
  • Upvote 1

It's called being well versed in all sports. I understood all of those references to baseball and football. Usually baseball is a thinking man's sport, but everything JLP said makes perfect sense to even novice baseball fans. If you're not a fan of baseball, that is perfectly fine, but you are in the wrong forum.

FYI.......

• Shutout - when a pitcher(s) does not give up any runs during a game
  • Arrieta - Jake Arrieta is a Starting Pitcher for the Chicago Cubs
  • Closer - a pitcher that comes in at the end of a close ball game to get the final few outs
  • Save - what a Closer gets when he comes into a game and gets the final outs when his team is leading by 3 runs or less
  • Start - Refers to the pitcher who gets start the game for his respective team (example: Jake Arrieta)
  • Round - Refers to the round which JLP is currently playing in our fantasy league
  • Cy Young - Awarded to the best pitcher in each league (American & National) at the end of the season
  • Bryant - Kris Bryant is the starting 3rd baseman for the Chicago Cubs
  • ROY - Rookie of the Year (anybody that watches any of the main 5 sports should understand what this is)

I was going to ask what a "Home Dunk" is and if the Harlem Globetrotters are still the best baseball team, etc...

But you so patiently explained that stuff that I feel bad now.

I'm hopeless at trolling :(

I was going to ask what a "Home Dunk" is and if the Harlem Globetrotters are still the best baseball team, etc...

But you so patiently explained that stuff that I feel bad now.

I'm hopeless at trolling :(

Trolling or not, I am always willing to explain parts of baseball that people do not understand. It is by far my favorite sport to play, watch, etc, so I enjoy talking and explaining the small nuances of the game.

I'm stoked the Jays clinched the AL East and all but damn, resting all of their regulars is really not helping me hang on to the slim lead right now!!! Martin, Donaldson, Bautista, and Pillar were all on the bench today. :suicide_anim: I'm sure you guys are feeling so sorry for me right now :P

September and October are definitely the hardest parts of the season to manage with the expanded rosters, guys getting more rest, pitchers being shut down or put on innings limits, injuries at this point mean the end of their season, etc.

The Blue Jays look fantastic right now and should probably be the favorites to make it to the World Series but I still think the Royals are gonna make it again. Royals/Cardinals World Series is what I'm thinking will happen. At this point though I don't care who wins I just don't want the Dodgers to win.

Well I think I've officially won the league! It was a nerve wracking last day, my team was very unproductive today and it easily could have gone JLPs way.

I will send out the winnings later tonight. Congrats Davy!!!

Congrats Davy. That's American's 0, foreign devils 2 since we started doing this league.

I think I stayed with it so long and was attentive on a weekly basis because the Cubs were doing well. I'm pretty sure second place is the best I've ever done in fantasy baseball.

• Upvote 1