Fight engine improvements (April '15 discussion)

MMATycoon

My latest three losses 1, 2, 3. Even one takedown is too much.. :nono:

You might have some defensive ground sliders or build issues. I havent had one of my strikers lose to a ground guy since the end of January. The only fights ive been losing to grapplers have been with my grapplers or my CTD builds.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My latest three losses 1, 2, 3. Even one takedown is too much.. :nono:

I looked at them and it looks like a case of bad luck more than anything. You got taken down into side or half guard and then got advanced to mount pretty soon afterwards. I dont know if that had to do with sliders or ground skills, its so hard to tell with just the fight pbp.

I looked at them and it looks like a case of bad luck more than anything. You got taken down into side or half guard and then got advanced to mount pretty soon afterwards. I dont know if that had to do with sliders or ground skills, its so hard to tell with just the fight pbp.

I agree.. Two of my guys were basically grapplers and all my guys have good physicals and defensive ground skills..

When i look those fights i just see succesfull attemps to improve position.

I agree.. Two of my guys were basically grapplers and all my guys have good physicals and defensive ground skills..

When i look those fights i just see succesfull attemps to improve position.

Aside from some Malkin attempts there have been 4 submission attempts against Renato his whole career. Yes, his whole career 33 fights. Rather that getting subbed once being a problem I think the more important problem is that the game has turned mostly into a standup circus.

• Upvote 2

Aside from some Malkin attempts there have been 4 submission attempts against Renato his whole career. Yes, his whole career 33 fights. Rather that getting subbed once being a problem I think the more important problem is that the game has turned mostly into a standup circus.

Its not problem.. I think Shortfuse is smart guy..

To be fair though I had a lot of fighters that were pretty much made by the CTD era. They have pretty shitty hiddens that I was able to just slider around w/ energy manipulation via TD's. Now that I don't have that ability they are easily exposed on a regular basis

• Upvote 1

It certainly should. GnP from guard may not to huge amounts of damage, but it should be easy to hit, at least to the body. Problem is that GnP in this game only affects the head.

• Upvote 1

Regarding 'easier clinch' i think its easy enought right now. Contering the clinch attempts is quite hard, and clinching efficiency is quite high already.

Making it even more easy would have bad influence on fight engine. Clinchers would simpy engage in the clinch like 20 times in the round, which is simply not only unrealistic but quite stupid as well. It would also disort judges decisions with points being given for succesfull clinching.

On the other hand, breaking clinch is real pain in the arse.

There should be significant difference between controlling anb being able to actually throw hundred of strikes in the clinch. Its flawed, that one fighter can throw strike after strike and still, breaking clinch is almost impossible. Its waaaay easier to get into the clinch than get out of it. I mean theres only couple guys in the world that can control you in the clinch, keep you there, and be able to strike with volume at the same time. For me, if you keep striking a lo, theres no chance of stopping clinch break.

It would have some sense if we would only talk thai clinch with knees being thrown, but just leaning against somebody and throwing punches basically every second with minimal chance of breaking clinch is unrealistic, and simply flawed.

Thats my 5 cents on the subject.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Regarding 'easier clinch' i think its easy enought right now. Contering the clinch attempts is quite hard, and clinching efficiency is quite high already.

Making it even more easy would have bad influence on fight engine. Clinchers would simpy engage in the clinch like 20 times in the round, which is simply not only unrealistic but quite stupid as well. It would also disort judges decisions with points being given for succesfull clinching.

On the other hand, breaking clinch is real pain in the arse.

There should be significant difference between controlling anb being able to actually throw hundred of strikes in the clinch. Its flawed, that one fighter can throw strike after strike and still, breaking clinch is almost impossible. Its waaaay easier to get into the clinch than get out of it. I mean theres only couple guys in the world that can control you in the clinch, keep you there, and be able to strike with volume at the same time. For me, if you keep striking a lo, theres no chance of stopping clinch break.

It would have some sense if we would only talk thai clinch with knees being thrown, but just leaning against somebody and throwing punches basically every second with minimal chance of breaking clinch is unrealistic, and simply flawed.

Thats my 5 cents on the subject.

Watch TUF: ATT vs. Blackzillians. They clinch up so much I can't even count to that number...

GNP slider for body / head could be a good plan.

Also a slider for Elbows/Punches to Head. Elbows cut more, do more much more damage (especially if you have long reach) but are easier to counter (ex. you miss a winded up elbow from guard/half guard - opponent can take your back) and miss much more.

or

Damage/Accuracy slider. Do you want a TKO or stay accurate and aggresive, work your opponent and not get stood up to get a decision?

Byrk i think youre correct when it comes to clinch control but getting into and out of the clinch should be a lot easier

Well... getting in would need minimal change, while getting out would require collosal change.

And mike would have to lower points for getting clinch significantly, becouse there would be tons of points for getting in and out of clinch.

When is this going to happen? Only took 9 moves to go from the last sub attempt to standup... with some GnP mixed in. Two lines prior to the stand up my fighter was "working from the bottom."

To keep you updated. Finished the bit where we program in a potential escape attempt after each takedown.

It also appear that if you are set to high escapes, in my opinion there really wasn't enough selections of "escape attempt" as opposed to the other ground moves. I'll rework that.

After that I'll try and do something with ref standups.

I've already adjusted moving in and out of the clinch.

Will have a look at GNP from each position too.

• Upvote 7

To keep you updated. Finished the bit where we program in a potential escape attempt after each takedown.

It also appear that if you are set to high escapes, in my opinion there really wasn't enough selections of "escape attempt" as opposed to the other ground moves. I'll rework that.

After that I'll try and do something with ref standups.

I've already adjusted moving in and out of the clinch.

Will have a look at GNP from each position too.

Are these changes (clinch for example) are working already?

I've been away a bit from the forum and started to read again from the last 2-3 pages. Sorry to bother you with this but just one quick question:

Will the escape skill affect just a quick sparll after the takedown or will it be important everywhere the fight goes on the ground? so the escape will count if you want to stand up.