ITFL Season 4 Official Sign Up Thread

GBK16

The main problem with a draft is it would be more work so it would take longer to start. But I think the outcome would be worth it. Even if it is decided to go with one weight I like the idea of a draft. But that is just me. Glad I don't have to make the final decision, good luck with that!!!!

I am not sure about the whole drafting idea myself for ITFL - it is a great thing for tournaments for sure, but it unique to GONY and probably a few other tournaments I am unaware of how they work. Personally I'd say keep the drafting out of ITFL but majority vote/GBK's vote counts here. You also got to keep in mind people paying the big entree fee for a team - some will pay the 250k for a team and if that team will be drafted, they had no say in who got in on their team really unless they still want to pay for the individuals joining the tournament regardless what team they'd get on

The draft also takes out prolly one of the most frustrating things about the ITFL. It is difficult to find 5 teams of 8 to team up together... Fuse in multiple seasons had to make a team up with individual guys and they were often at a huge disadvantage. There aren't many team tournaments in this game and the GONY tourney showed that the draft style not only works but it is a lot of fun for everyone; not just the guys that own the team.

End of the day it is upto grant but imo best case is either a higher up weight limit such as 205 or 185, or duel weight classes and a draft.

• Upvote 2

Yes, can we GBK? My life truly depends on the result of ITFL. You been ignoring my daily PM's too. I thought the more I sent, and the more frequent I sent them, the quicker you'd reply. That makes me wonder, why haven't you replied? Is there something wrong? Do you not like me? Can I do something to make you like me more? You know I like you, you are one of the best mana.. okay I gotta stop now haha.

Gonna ask Mike to send out a PM with a link so people can see it and get involved. I see Wednesday as being the latest, and we will see the results and decide then on what approach to take, but from my view, it is more likely to be a single weight division tournament. As soon as the Weight's are decided, the sign ups can happen and the full list of teams/competitors will be hosted in the OP

Full teams can enter, and then any team that still needs members can either have people join them, or they can participate in a draft if they are unable to find people.

Hope that helps for those unable to read - wait till Wednesday for more information. In the mean time folks should express their opinion and we'll see if there are any changes going to made with current suggestions/ideas/thoughts posted in the thread since that post was made by GBK

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Ok guys if we start bickering in this thread all we will do is drive interested parties away. I don't think the sarcasm was necessary Beck and neither was the quick reply Bjorn. Let's be adults here and try and build this into something fun and successful and not a teen age pissing match that no one has the time or desire to take part in

• Upvote 7

Yes, can we GBK? My life truly depends on the result of ITFL. You been ignoring my daily PM's too. I thought the more I sent, and the more frequent I sent them, the quicker you'd reply. That makes me wonder, why haven't you replied? Is there something wrong? Do you not like me? Can I do something to make you like me more? You know I like you, you are one of the best mana.. okay I gotta stop now haha.

Hope that helps for those unable to read - wait till Wednesday for more information. In the mean time folks should express their opinion and we'll see if there are any changes going to made with current suggestions/ideas/thoughts posted in the thread since that post was made by GBK

I see what you did there :shades:

But good idea lets wait until wednesday. I know grant was yesterday a little bit under the weather, he is not feeling so good. When he does, we all will know.

• Upvote 1

Do you get a hard one if you think about GBK Beck? He can answer himself if someone asks something, he doesn't need his lover to reply for him.

I asked a normal question, just a small update , since a lot of people are waiting to finally get some answers.

Are you against 'lovers' replying now? I just had a flash back to another tournament.. But let's not bring up your dubious past. Let's just go with the pot calling the kettle black here :)

Also 'normal' is leaving it to a single post or PM, and you and I both know you went a bit beyond normal with that.

Ok guys if we start bickering in this thread all we will do is drive interested parties away. I don't think the sarcasm was necessary Beck and neither was the quick reply Bjorn. Let's be adults here and try and build this into something fun and successful and not a teen age pissing match that no one has the time or desire to take part in

I am just worried someone drives the interrest of GBK away, thats why I had to throw in a healthy dose of sarcasm :) But you are right beyond that, and seeing as I like you Louie I'll do my best to keep this thread on topic beyond this point. Also, I am not in my teens anymore but I can see why the assumption was made :P

We'll find out tomorow what the direction of the tournament will be and as I said previously, I hope other people will chime in their thoughts and ideas they still have before then. As Bob mentiioned, Grant has been a bit sick so that would explain his absense here or he is simply waiting till Wednesday without having to deal with too much of the abjove till then.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

To not derail this thread even further, send me in PM what on earth you are talking about. I have no clue what you are talking about and your stupid attempts to try and give me a bad reputation or idiotic and based on nothing at all. The only thing you are doing is giving yourself a bad reputation. I sent GBK two messages yesterday with only the link of the forum thread in it to show him that there was a lot of stuff going on and give him the chance to reply on the posts.

If that's a bad thing to do, terribly sorry ! ( yeah right, sarcasm also)

If you have something to say to me , send me a PM and don't make yourself look bad by trying to give me a bad reputation . Thanks for the understanding

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

To not derail this thread even further, send me in PM what on earth you are talking about. I have no clue what you are talking about and your stupid attempts to try and give me a bad reputation or idiotic and based on nothing at all. The only thing you are doing is giving yourself a bad reputation. I sent GBK two messages yesterday with only the link of the forum thread in it to show him that there was a lot of stuff going on and give him the chance to reply on the posts.

If you have something to say to me , send me a PM and don't make yourself look bad by trying to give me a bad reputation . Thanks for the understanding

wow

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Couldn't you have PM'd him first instead of getting the last word. The part i highlighted in bold is like saying "no offence" before offending someone. You are doing perfectly well fucking up your own reputation without Beck doing it.

The sarcy comment was a bit harsh Beck, and the reply by Bjorn was harsh also; lets face it you two are a pair of cbombs, then again i am a cbomb also so lets all agree to be cbombs and draw a line under this.

I have left my two cents on the actual tournament format etc. If it isn't a full draft and people can enter full teams then i prolly won't buy a team just based on the fact that the drafting fighters part was meant to even the playing field, and finding a team with 5 fighters isn't something i particularly want to do.

• Upvote 5

I still like the draft idea even though my comments may come off as sounding differently. I hadn't thought about Dinooo's point about the work Fuse had to put in to get guys to join, with that being said perhaps a tweak isnt that bad, my concern is seeing this die, if it makes it last I am all for it.

I don't mind the single weight limit, i just want it to be higher up because it will be easier to get fighters instead of limiting yourself to a fraction of tycoon. I mean lets face it for every 135-155 fighter there are 8 or 9 fighters created heavier, the 135-155 weight limits have always been a cbomb to get fighters for and it is the reason most orgs don't even run the division or if they do it is a piss poor division bar a couple of exceptions.

• Upvote 1

I think my earlier comments were more selfish then anything as I have a 205 guy primed to jump into this but the more I consider the idea of "evolving" ITFL I like the idea, and am more willing to see some changes to the format in an effort to not only appease those interested in participating but more importantly increase the interest level of this Tourney and make it as good or better then any of the previous seasons. I just wish I had more time on my hands to jump in as a Team Captain but right now that simply isn't the case, struggling enough as it is to keep AXF on the upward swing.

I don't mind the changes being made btw guys. I think the draft is a good idea because not everyone is in alliances or has guys they can team up with.

I do agree w/ Stu however that having 2 different weight classes takes away from some of the match-making strategy that is involved in ITFL. On 1 hand I think it's a good idea because it gives more fighters/managers the chance to join then if it is only 1 weight class. Maybe a solution to this could be instead of 8 teams of 5, doing 6 teams of 7 fighters or something. Have 4 in the higher weight class and 3 in the lower weight class so there is still some strategy to the match-making.

If you do 6 teams just have them fight each of the other 5 teams twice and eliminate the team playoff aspect of it.

Haven't taken the time to think this through completely but what about 5 teams of 8, then u get 4 and 4 which also increases the possibility of some managers entering 2 fighters into the draft which increases your chances or makes it easier to get to your 40 fighters. I am just not sure how u would set up the scheduling for it, unless you fought each team 3 times and then maybe like Fuse said remove the playoff portion of the tourney and go straight to individuals?

I have been sick over the past few days, and really wasn't in any fit state to be thinking of how to move forward with this tournament so I have held off on it til today. Been in the hospital and had tests done and been pretty much bedsick since Friday.

I am gonna be travelling on a train so later on tonight when I get back to accessing my laptop (The trains WiFi is mediocre at the best of times) I will post what we will be doing here in full.

Mike has agreed to send out a mass PM about this tournament, so even if we don't get extra votes, we will hopefully still see an increase in the amount of members interested in joining.

• Upvote 1

Stuck on a train still. Apparently the Ticket Machines in the station don't take €50 notes so I had to run to the other side of the station to buy something I didn't need in a shop, then run all the way back to get my ticket only to see the train take off without me. Had to spend 2 hours in the Skype group on my phone talking about Game of Thrones with the guys there.

I have a bit of time now anyway so I can still post what is going to happen.

From the polls, it's clear there is interest in both the lower classes and the higher classes. From this, I think it is a viable solution to run the tournament in two weight classes (So teams will have a combination of 2 of them).

The 2 weight classes will be from 170lbs and under (So taking all the guys who voted 155 in here) and the other will be 265lbs and under (Since a number of guys voted for both 185 and 205, 265 will just also add in the few guys who voted for it while meaning the majority will still be 205 and 185'ers).

I liked Shortfuse's idea of less teams, more fighters. This also adds into the drafting so people can be added to the left over spaces.

There will be 6 teams, each with 7 fighters (3 from the 170 class, and 4 from the 265 class). As long as your weight cut is under 170, you qualify for that, but if you cut under, it also means you won't qualify for the 265 division. So the key thing to remember here is the weight classes are decided by your MAXIMUM WEIGHT CUT.

Now, of course, there will still be the individual tournament which will run after the team tournament is done. I am planning on splitting it into 2 individual tournaments after. One will take the 170lbs guys, and the other will be the 265lbs guys. Now, the winners of each of these individual tourneys will earn $1m and 6 months VIP.

I know this is a bit of a change from the traditional ITFL set up, but I am hoping this will be a fun tournament still to be a part of, and depending on whether it is a success or not will determine if we continue with similar set ups in future or stick to the "tried and tested" method Shortfuse had.

So just to summarise, here is how the events will unfold.

> We now have the rules set. All fighters must be 225k+. There will be 7 fighters on each team, 3 of them must be able to cut to under 170lbs, while the other 4 must not be able to cut under 170lbs.

> People can then sign up their teams. Even if you only have 2 guys in your team, you might find someone who will ask to be on your team, or the slots will be filled by the draft. Entry fees will only happen before the draft, so that way each team is sure they want to compete. Companies who want to sponsor a team will also receive a prize of $1m if their team should win, so it means a lot of involvement from different companies.

> The Draft will then take place. When it comes to this, it will obviously be the teams with the lowest amount of players to pick, but I will do the Draft Order, and give the Captains of the teams a time limit to make their draft pick. Or if need be, Captains can PM me a list of what they would pick and in what order so it goes faster.

> Once the teams are set, I will post the schedule. This Season will all teams in the same league, and they will all have one Home match and one Away match against each other team. I will be posting how the Home/Away team fight picks work later on to clarify it for anyone who isn't sure how it works.

From there, I will also post any necessary info. I will also be looking to either get a writer to do a profile on each team, or most likely, I will do it myself with the time permitting.

Finally, and this is what everybody is basically wondering, these are the following Prizes available to all fighters

> $1m to all fighters on the winning team of the tournament. This means $7m split between the fighters.

> $1m to the Sponsor of the winning team.

> $1m to the two winners of the Individual Tournaments AS WELL as 6 months VIP

> I will also be throwing in 3 months VIP to the fighters with the most KO's in the season, and also 3 months to the fighters with the most Submissions in the season. If there is a tie, both fighters receive it.

> There will be $250k Of The Season bonuses available. If any companies want to chip in, this prize will also increase.

> Each OTN bonus will be $25k, as before mentioned, if any companies want to chip in, this will also increase.

If I think of any other bonuses, I will also notify everyone of them. From my counting, that is roughly $11.5m in the tournament, so a massive prize pool for anyone to win.

I am sure I am missing some stuff, but I am pretty tired from my travelling so I will review this post tomorrow and post any additions or amendments to it.

Finally, can I just say thank you to Louie DePalma who was like the peacekeeper earlier. Definitely saved me from reading through it all and giving myself more of a headache.

Oh, and in case you didn't know....

• Upvote 5