ITFL Season 4 Official Sign Up Thread

GBK16

I actually think it will be easier to fill with 2 weight classes. As for the team changes, I did like the idea of a draft but I am good with teams and just putting the extras in the draft. I am not sure if the Legion of Pain will have a team or not, if not my guy will be in the draft. I think the changes are improvements to ITFL.

Without a full draft and the thought of having to try and get 7 fighters, never mind 5 in a team is too much hassle for me. I think Fuse is putting together a team, so i think he'd take my place as a team owner.

As Fuse said the full draft would have made it more even, instead of 2 or 3 teams dominating and the rest fighting for scraps. The thought of also having to draft from a pool that no one had decided to make part of their team says it all really, it would just be a filler team with no hope of competing.

• Upvote 1

Why would anyone buy a team when there is no team if all participants will be drafted and you don't know what you'll get?

For the joy of picking fighters and then some fights...? I guess...

Well you get to pick who you get in a full draft and choose from a pool of 40 fighters; it isn't done randomly the owners pick the fighters they wish to get in a order... so basically you would get the chance of drafting two elite guys, two mid tier guys and a guy who could grow into a better fighter later in the tournament. Instead people will be entering against at least one or two teams with elite fighters across the board.

• Upvote 1

Without a full draft and the thought of having to try and get 7 fighters, never mind 5 in a team is too much hassle for me. I think Fuse is putting together a team, so i think he'd take my place as a team owner.

As Fuse said the full draft would have made it more even, instead of 2 or 3 teams dominating and the rest fighting for scraps. The thought of also having to draft from a pool that no one had decided to make part of their team says it all really, it would just be a filler team with no hope of competing.

My thoughts exactly. I am still pumped for this tourney and I bet its still going to be great but I hope someone else makes a tournament in THIS style.

I do think ITFL can be run as a full draft tournament for a future season (Season 5 potentially) but I think for this season, it would be best to limit the number of changes to see how efficiently I can run the tournament, or basically learning to walk before I try to run.

If this season runs well, then a Full Draft for Season 5 is something that could definitely be done.

I'll pay for my team after it fills Grant. It seems you have 2 factions on how they want it done & both seem ready to pout, take their ball, go home & not participate if you don't cater to their every whim. So I sort of doubt this season ever gets off the ground

I only entered because of the possibility of a full draft because as you know putting together a team is a pain in the ass, and there are no point in drafting some shitty team just to take part. A lot of people showed leeway when it came to weights etc, but a partial draft? It is like the free agency after the main fantasy football draft and if you are relying on that to win you a title i believe the saying is the chances are none and fuck all.

Also from what i see, it is team owners who don't want to do it prolly because of what i stated above, no one so far as said they will not enter there fighters due to the new rules, so i don't think there are much pouting going on.

So there will be no posibility to enter full teams??? As you said there would be, with the rest being draftet? Thats a bit a killer for me. Was hoping to enter with an alliance team, but since thats of the table, if i understand it right, i might not enter any fighters then.

I thought that whats made the last ITFL so interesting to me. Teams that entered right from the start. Of course there where on or two mixed teams, but that worked fine as well right?

I have signed up to have a team myself, but that was under the believe we would be able to submit our full teams as well.

For now I will have to give this a good thought wether or not I still want to participate and will give a definitive answer within the next few days.

I respect your decision , but since it's only a partial drafting, I'll most likely pass on becoming a team captain. The partial draft will be very hard to make smooth I think. I'm not 100% sure about entering with my fighter because of the weight, but I'll discuss it with possible team-mates and see what they say.

That's at least 4 examples of people who seem to not want to participate because either the weight class or the draft didn't go the way they wanted it too. I also pm'd Stu & asked if he wanted to partake on Team Conquer again and he doesn't like the 2 different weight classes thing so is passing as well. So that's 5 examples and I only had to go back to page 8

That's not a personal attack on anybody. It just seems like there are a lot of people who only want to enter if all the rules suit them. Some want a full draft & if it's not a full draft the don't want to be in it. Some want to enter as a full team and if it's not that they are unsure they want to compete. As I said Stu isn't a fan of the 2 weight classes and how it takes away from the strategy in the match-making. To each their own really.

I just don't want to pay upfront when it looks like there are a lot of people who are going to back out if everything isn't to their liking. Because it appears as though his interest is going to get cut in half no matter what he decides. I am game either way because I am not as picky as other people seem to be.

I would be fine with any setup my only problem is I don't have a guy :( this always happens to me with this tourney! I've wanted to join for ages. Waaah!

What is concerning to me and likely is a direct result of the Team/Draft idea is that other then Fuse (put forth names for an entire team) only 3 other managers have put forward names of fighters to enter. Man up boys and let's get some names flowing here, don't let this die on us! One of the greatest tournies out there we should have managers lining up to sign their guys up!!

• Upvote 1

That's not a personal attack on anybody. It just seems like there are a lot of people who only want to enter if all the rules suit them. Some want a full draft & if it's not a full draft the don't want to be in it. Some want to enter as a full team and if it's not that they are unsure they want to compete. As I said Stu isn't a fan of the 2 weight classes and how it takes away from the strategy in the match-making. To each their own really.

I just don't want to pay upfront when it looks like there are a lot of people who are going to back out if everything isn't to their liking. Because it appears as though his interest is going to get cut in half no matter what he decides. I am game either way because I am not as picky as other people seem to be.

I wouldn't have entered a team if the draft wasn't mentioned; actually i wouldn't even have posted. As you can look back the duel weight thing didn't bother me, for me it was about the drafting of fighters because as you have stated yourself this tournament has always been lopsided. There have always been 2 or 3 teams capable of winning it and the rest were cannon fodder.

Now if you want to talk about how the rules changed which made it even worse for those who didn't want to try and get a full team. It means three things, one you have to find 2 more guys than previous seasons. Two, it means those elite teams just got better and three, it means that there are less chance a decent fighter will drop down into the draft.

To Louie

Davies said he is going to go hunting for guys to sign, i think Joe is gonna put up a team, Bob and Beck will put forward teams now, and Fuse has put forward a team he hopes that will compete. I think there are only 5 teams now anyway.

I am trying to get a team, a few guys want to but that is all I have heard from so far but I am trying. I am in either way, and just incase I cant get a team and Bernhard has to enter the draft, just so everyone knows he is going to win at the under 170 class so keep that in mind when drafting.

I can't tell if I offended you Dinooo or if you are just trying to debate bc that's your thing? But I don't need to look back. I never said you cared about dual weights, WC or ID. What I said was everyone seems to have "stuff" that they do care about & if it isn't the way they want they aren't playing.

For you & Bjorn it's the partial draft. Bjorn also is unsure about fighting a 145'er @ 170. Madbob & Beck wanted to enter full teams & were anti-draft. Stu didn't like the 2 weights classes.

I tend to agree with you on the draft. A partial draft likely ends with nothing but junk teams. It should be full draft or no draft. But if you really wanted to be in it I doubt you'd have a difficult time finding a good team without putting in any effort. You're easily the 2015 midway manager of the year & would be getting offers to join a good team. I already offered you 2 spots on mine

At least with a partial draft you get to pick the guys on your team, not just getting stuck with who you are given to fill in your team. I would prefer a full draft but not everyone wants it, so for this time I think we can make it work if everyone tries.

This is the most fun tournament I have been in on here, I would hate to see it stopped because people cant find a middle ground. I think even if we do draft partial teams once the captains start drafting and trash talking and planning out their draft looking for sleepers like in fantasy football it will be a lot of fun. Then yes there are not as many fight choices because of the 2 weights so that makes the draft that much more important. Just like in football you may need a wide receiver but if that stud running back is still there are you going to pass on him? I hope the details can get worked out.

I can't tell if I offended you Dinooo or if you are just trying to debate bc that's your thing? But I don't need to look back. I never said you cared about dual weights, WC or ID. What I said was everyone seems to have "stuff" that they do care about & if it isn't the way they want they aren't playing.

For you & Bjorn it's the partial draft. Bjorn also is unsure about fighting a 145'er @ 170. Madbob & Beck wanted to enter full teams & were anti-draft. Stu didn't like the 2 weights classes.

I tend to agree with you on the draft. A partial draft likely ends with nothing but junk teams. It should be full draft or no draft. But if you really wanted to be in it I doubt you'd have a difficult time finding a good team without putting in any effort. You're easily the 2015 midway manager of the year & would be getting offers to join a good team. I already offered you 2 spots on mine

I do like debating but that isn't the point here, the cheap shots though are getting annoying.

I was saying quite clearly i thought that the reason i signed up to buy a team was on the sole purpose that there would be a full draft, go back to page 2 and take a look its at the bottom. I haven't even mentioned not entering a fighter, actually on that same page you will see me saying i may enter a heavy, and i haven't said shit about entering a fighter since.

So just to clarify, i am not buying a team. That does not mean that one of my fighters might end up showing up in this tournament, chances are if i was to join, i would do it in the draft; just out of principle because i don't want to be part of a god squad. The only thing that is holding me back from saying if i will enter a fighter is i want to see who the team owners are first, i think you remember the shit that went down in the second season of the ITFL and i don't want to be stuck on a team like that again.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/37/37a1.jpg

Mikaiah "Boomstick" Rynn (226992)

"I am proud to announce that I will be joining the ITFL this season in the 205 class. I have pledged allegiance to Joe River's team if we are coming in as whole teams, but if we are drafting I look forward to seeing where I end up. Either option is fine with me. I will win regardless."

• Upvote 1