ITFL Season 4 Official Sign Up Thread

GBK16

Yeah sorry my brain was completely demolished last night. This tournament will be a full draft, with the "Captains" being on different teams and then making the draft picks. Captains can pick from either pool (170 and 265) during their picks so it means there needs to be more strategic picking to get the team you want.

So there will be no posibility to enter full teams??? As you said there would be, with the rest being draftet? Thats a bit a killer for me. Was hoping to enter with an alliance team, but since thats of the table, if i understand it right, i might not enter any fighters then.

I thought that whats made the last ITFL so interesting to me. Teams that entered right from the start. Of course there where on or two mixed teams, but that worked fine as well right?

> People can then sign up their teams. Even if you only have 2 guys in your team, you might find someone who will ask to be on your team, or the slots will be filled by the draft. Entry fees will only happen before the draft, so that way each team is sure they want to compete. Companies who want to sponsor a team will also receive a prize of $1m if their team should win, so it means a lot of involvement from different companies.

Is this void now?

EDIT

It might be good then to update the first post, after you finalized all the changes.

• Upvote 1

I have signed up to have a team myself, but that was under the believe we would be able to submit our full teams as well.

For now I will have to give this a good thought wether or not I still want to participate and will give a definitive answer within the next few days.

We have been discussing the draft idea now for at least one or 2 pages and all that has been said is positive comments and now that it is confirmed guys start coming out to complain now?

Not complaining, havn't been following, it's just that ITFL has been around for a while, this is a major change that I didn't expect, that's why I didn't care about following the thread. ID and weight class is the only thing I thought would change (and honestly, it's the only thing that should change, since it's already proven as a successful type of tournament).

I just find it a little weird that this season would be draft. Nevertheless, it will still be interesting for sure, just not ITFL like, since it would be far better to join with an alliance for example, than join in and hope to be picked by a captain you like.

Not complaining, havn't been following, it's just that ITFL has been around for a while, this is a major change that I didn't expect, that's why I didn't care about following the thread. ID and weight class is the only thing I thought would change (and honestly, it's the only thing that should change, since it's already proven as a successful type of tournament).

I just find it a little weird that this season would be draft. Nevertheless, it will still be interesting for sure, just not ITFL like, since it would be far better to join with an alliance for example, than join in and hope to be picked by a captain you like.

At first I didn't like the idea either however with more thought I began to like the possibilities it could create

We have been discussing the draft idea now for at least one or 2 pages and all that has been said is positive comments and now that it is confirmed guys start coming out to complain now?

Well nothing was said against it, because it was from grant side never in question. He said it 2 times here in the Topic, full teams can enter and talking to him outside of the topic, he confirmed that there will be draft for people who dont have a team and full teams can still enter.

So you have to understand that it comes to a surprise to me that even after releasing the final rules, a few posts later, there is suddenly a general draft for all the Teams. This was just never in question even with all the suggestion in the Topic.

SInce it has been changed now, i just wanted to voice my oppinion, like all the other people did with points they didnt agree with. (Weightclass, ID, etc.)

You surely can understand, that this might be understandable to you, if people say something to it now.

EDIT

The posts. Until now there wasent really any suggestion grant will change it defenetly.

No draft as such. You can make a team along with 4 other managers and you buy one of the team slots (So $250k between the 5 players). Anybody who doesn't have 4 people to form a team with can sign up as an individual, and if there are spaces on a team, they can join that team.

- After all entries are in, and teams are bought, the entries without a designated team will be entered into a draft. Now, the picking order will start with the team with the fewest amount of fighters while slowly moving down the line. A more detailed description will be made when it comes to that time, as well as a picking order to make it easier for the teams.

- After the teams have been completed with drafting, the scheduling will be posted and there will be plenty of time for the fighters to fulfil any fights/obligations they have with their current orgs before joining the tournament.

Full teams can enter, and then any team that still needs members can either have people join them, or they can participate in a draft if they are unable to find people.

I liked Shortfuse's idea of less teams, more fighters. This also adds into the drafting so people can be added to the left over spaces.

> People can then sign up their teams. Even if you only have 2 guys in your team, you might find someone who will ask to be on your team, or the slots will be filled by the draft. Entry fees will only happen before the draft, so that way each team is sure they want to compete. Companies who want to sponsor a team will also receive a prize of $1m if their team should win, so it means a lot of involvement from different companies.

I am changing my call quite a lot it seems, and it has lead to a lot of confusing. I can only apologise on my side for that.

Thinking on the actual teams of ITFL, I do feel it would take away from the whole "Team" element if people could be teamed with people they don't know, or even with somebody they dislike, which wouldn't make it as enjoyable.

I also noticed that if we were to go with a "Full Draft" then that would leave almost no recognition of previous ITFL tournaments, and I don't want to complete change or ruin it's identity.

This is my final decision on how it will run. Perhaps changed can be made for upcoming seasons, but I don't want to throw every change in one season, more of a precision work where we add something in a season, see if it works, then plan for the next season based on how it went.

So from that, there will be a draft, but ONLY for teams who do not have all their spaces filled.

Teams can enter, as I know that there were plans for a few alliances to put some teams in, and I think it will be more enjoyable on a whole for there to be a real sense of belonging to a team.

So just as an example, let's say Vendetta were to enter a team (I acknowledge the boos). They have all 3 slots filled for their 170 and below, but only have 2 fighters for the 265 and below. That means they will participate in the draft, and will select 2 fighters from the pool available to join their team. Now if there were to be another team involved in the drafting (We will say they need 1 170 guy and 1 265 guy), and this team gets to pick BEFORE Vendetta, they can choose whether to pick a 265 guy or a 170 guy. It isn't forced into choosing from one pool at a time and it means that more strategical picks need to be made.

I know this makes it seem like the Draftee's will be the outsiders, but this is a good chance for them to get to know players they otherwise wouldn't have known, and potentially have future team mates for future ITFL tournaments.

I am all for changes, but think we need to limit the amount we change. Shortfuse's ITFL tournament is a fantastic concept, and I do want to see if there are tweaks that can be made to improve it, and that's why the changes will be limited so we can pinpoint what actually worked and what didn't. But on the flip side, I don't want to remove it from being the ITFL, and turn it into a new tournament altogether.

So the main changes for this season are Dual-Weight and Partial-Drafting. We will see how these changes fare in this season, and then discuss what to keep and what to remove from future seasons.

Again, I can only apologise for the confusion, and it is purely my lack of communication which led to it, and I hope to improve that once the tournament rolls on.

This is the final call on it, and I have weighed up the options regarding fairness, concept and such, and believe this to be the best way to move forward. If anybody wishes to withdraw from this, I understand, but I hope you will stick with it and make this tournament a huge success, and a great tournament for all the participants to be a part of.

On one last note, I will be out for a friends 21st tonight so I don't expect to be around much tonight.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I respect your decision , but since it's only a partial drafting, I'll most likely pass on becoming a team captain. The partial draft will be very hard to make smooth I think. I'm not 100% sure about entering with my fighter because of the weight, but I'll discuss it with possible team-mates and see what they say.

Yeah sorry my brain was completely demolished last night. This tournament will be a full draft, with the "Captains" being on different teams and then making the draft picks. Captains can pick from either pool (170 and 265) during their picks so it means there needs to be more strategic picking to get the team you want.

Draft? This started up as a ITFL season, now it's switching to GONY style?

Yeah, I'm not pleased with this change. I loved the last season and thought it was very well organised and very well run.

Edit:

Just noticed there's another post about the rules on this page which I haven't read yet :D

Guys you really should cut Grant a break here. He's trying to please everybody at once & unfortunately that's not really possible. As the guy who created and ran 3 seasons of this tournament it's a bitch to fill. Last season we actually didn't fill it & I had to bastardize the schedule in order to make the season work.

The 1st season required Dinooo entering a 5 man team all by himself in order to fill it. The 2nd season was the only one that seemed to fill up without too much effort or calling in favors on my part. Getting 8 teams of 5 guys is no easy task at all trust me

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah I know you had problems in the past filling it Shortfuse but everyone who participated thoroughly enjoyed it (like myself) and that's why the likes of myself and Listerman who both were in Season 3 want to see ITFL keep the same rules.

ITFL with these new changes is not ITFL, it's a new tournament trying to disguise itself as ITFL. If Grant wants to adjust the rules then a new tournament should be announced instead and someone else can take over ITFL.

You struggled to fill the competition when we needed 40 fighters, this season the target is 42 fighters which could prove to be another problem if it isn't filled.

• Upvote 1

I hear what you are saying Mark. I actually am intrigued by the draft because in almost every season there were only 2 or 3 teams who could legitimately win & the rest were just card fillers. So a draft may even the playing field a bit.

Plus I don't feel like finding teammates since I'm pretty sure Team Conquer won't have a team this time

I hear what you are saying Mark. I actually am intrigued by the draft because in almost every season there were only 2 or 3 teams who could legitimately win & the rest were just card fillers. So a draft may even the playing field a bit.

Plus I don't feel like finding teammates since I'm pretty sure Team Conquer won't have a team this time

The team I was in for the last tournament wasn't just The Corporation alliance team, we had one of Igor's fighters in our team. I'm sure you'll be able to find a team to join :)

It seems like the process for this tournament is now set and it sounds good but I would just like to say to prospective tourney runners that there definitely seems to be a lot of demand for an ITFL-style tournament with a GONY type draft for ALL fighters in the future. If you make it they will come so to speak. I know I would.

Well since we are not doing a full draft I will force my comrades in arms to join me in battle. The defending champion Team Conquer will enter a team!

Durlag Trollkiller - 170lbs

Chris Severn - 265lbs

Ajai Hoo - 265lbs

Trey Brown - 170lbs

Pernell Whitaker Jr - 170lbs

Itse Perkele - 265lbs

Medium Hardon - 265lbs

I reserve the right to change any of those team members once I talk to the rest of the guys

• Upvote 1