ITFL Season 4 Official Sign Up Thread

GBK16

There will be 6 teams, each with 7 fighters (3 from the 170 class, and 4 from the 265 class). As long as your weight cut is under 170, you qualify for that, but if you cut under, it also means you won't qualify for the 265 division. So the key thing to remember here is the weight classes are decided by your MAXIMUM WEIGHT CUT.

I don't understand this rule.

Marky, it means that if you are 185 and can cut to 170 you are in the 170 division but cannot enter the 265 division, but if you are 186 and cut to 171 you cannot enter the 170 part .... or something like that

• Upvote 1

"Prodigy" Anakoni Kai (231898)

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14234968404233.jpg

"Prodigy" would like to formally announce his intentions to put his name forward in the above 170 portion of ITFL. He is here to put the Masaru Fight Team on the Map following previous failures by those who came before him in this, the greatest of all tourneys. Shame will be bestowed upon thee if results are experienced similar to those by Cans who followed the leadings of Louie D....

...fade to video replays....

Of Ravia plants his feet and lands a nice head kick!
http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/rocked2.gif
Gravas is rocked!
Of Ravia ducks under a wild hook from Gravas.
Oh Gravas is still all over the place! His legs are completely gone! Will he be able to recover?!!

--------------------------

that's three minutes gone in the round.
http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/knockdown2.gif
Wild lands a big uppercut and Bob crumbles to the floor! The ref thinks about stopping the fight but Bob looks OK. Wild waves Bob back to his feet!
http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/rocked2.gif
Bob is rocked!

---------------------------

McKay lunges in with an uppercut that skims his opponent's chin.
http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/rocked.gif
Orion is rocked!
Both fighters circling slowly here as the pace drops. Hopefully one of them does someth.. OOOHHHH!!!! McKay throws an absolute beast of a head kick! Orion is done! He's out cold, twisted and contorted up against the cage! Wow!

...the video cuts to a dark screen where a silhouetted figure stands looking down at what appears to be fallen fighters and an eeery voice can be heard making the statement "I will not fall like those before me...."

I think it means there will need to be 18 fighters who can cut to less then 170 and 24 fighters who can cut to 171 and above.

Pretty much

I just wanted to be definite about the Weight Rule just in case someone had a fighter who may be in the 180-90 lbs but can cut to 170lbs and didn't know which category they fit in. Of course, they can go on Weight Gain/Weight Loss as long as they are within their Weight Class come the fights.

Can you please explain how you will do the events, with 6 teams of 7 that gives you 42 fighters meaning you will need 3 events on 1 day to accommodate all fights that will take place each round.

Since there will be 21 fights taking place in each round, it will be 2 events filled with these fights, and I will have one of the fights on my normal Troid cards, but I will make sure people are informed beforehand that they will be on the Org Card rather than the Event Card

Since there will be 21 fights taking place in each round, it will be 2 events filled with these fights, and I will have one of the fights on my normal Troid cards, but I will make sure people are informed beforehand that they will be on the Org Card rather than the Event Card

That will mean that 2 fighters will be forced to fight with less rest/training time or more depending on the timing of the event they have to appear on then the remainder of those in the tourney. Some may not care but then others will for sure. Also then that means the next round will see 2 fighters put at a potential disadvantage. Does my ramblings make sense?

That will mean that 2 fighters will be forced to fight with less rest/training time or more depending on the timing of the event they have to appear on then the remainder of those in the tourney. Some may not care but then others will for sure. Also then that means the next round will see 2 fighters put at a potential disadvantage. Does my ramblings make sense?

It's all a fair question, but I can easily solve that by saying all the events will be taking place on the same day.

The plan is to have 2 ITFL specific events, which will hold 20 of the 21 fights, and then the normal Troid event which will have the remaining one fight on it. They will all take place on Saturdays at 6pm GMT.

So there are no weights for either division I take it?

No specific weights for either one. As long as you make it within the parameters. Going by the votes, I expect the sub 170 division will have mostly 155 guys while the 170+ will contain many 185 and 205lbs fighters

It's all a fair question, but I can easily solve that by saying all the events will be taking place on the same day.

The plan is to have 2 ITFL specific events, which will hold 20 of the 21 fights, and then the normal Troid event which will have the remaining one fight on it. They will all take place on Saturdays at 6pm GMT.

Yes that makes it easier for all taking place, thank u for clarifying

I'm just going to be posting the list of all the entered fighters in the OP for now.

As the teams are entered, I will put what team they are on in brackets, or if they are a draft pick.

If your fighter is in the OP (Got Mickey, Louie and Joe River's guys there right now) please let me know if they are for a specific team, or if they are to be a draft pick.

Just had another thought about one of Dinooo's posts about raising the entry fee.

He suggested $500k, which would be doubling the previous entry fee, and means overall that it will be $3m from the fees that will be put into the prize pool.

Thoughts on this?

Wasn't the draft intended to end up with more even teams? If you allow teams to enter themselves as a full team , or even with 2 or 3, then you take that away right?

+ I hope the double division work and I think it will, so hopefully this was a good idea to allow more fighters to join easily.

Not real sure why it's not just 155lbs and below and openweight since 170lbs only got 2 votes. I won't enter my fighter normally since to me it's stupid to fight with a 145lbs fighter against 170lbs fighters altough I know lighter fighters seem to have an advantage, but it seems a bit unrealistic.

I think something was lost in translation here, I thought all fighters were going into a pool, have we decided to change that and have full teams entered and the remainder go into a draft? As for the entry fee, I am not buying on so go as high as people are willing to pay!!

Yeah sorry my brain was completely demolished last night. This tournament will be a full draft, with the "Captains" being on different teams and then making the draft picks. Captains can pick from either pool (170 and 265) during their picks so it means there needs to be more strategic picking to get the team you want.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I really like the sound of a draft, as for the extra 250K that goes for whatever team I end up on. I am sure I wont be the only one to offer, so I would still raise it to 500K. There is so much money out there now, 250K is really not a lot unless you are just starting out and if that is the case you probably shouldn't be a team caption anyway.

Yeah sorry my brain was completely demolished last night. This tournament will be a full draft, with the "Captains" being on different teams and then making the draft picks. Captains can pick from either pool (170 and 265) during their picks so it means there needs to be more strategic picking to get the team you want.

+1 for this one for sure!