MMATycoon re-boot

JLP

I am still in complete agreement that a city or two need to be removed until the amount of people playing increases (Hilo and Sydney being the two I would remove). The Prediction sliders are something I'm sure 80% of us don't use, so I wouldn't be completely against removing that as well.

There are always tweaks that some of us will want and I'm sure Mike will make a few of them in due time, but there is no pleasing everyone.

personally i think the island should be more of a test zone (for fight engine) along with a super fast play -- i think all the changes wanted here in this post can be done without a reboot or restart of the game, even down to new primaries, its not like we havent added skills before and reallocated points

personally i think the island should be more of a test zone (for fight engine) along with a super fast play -- i think all the changes wanted here in this post can be done without a reboot or restart of the game, even down to new primaries, its not like we havent added skills before and reallocated points

except for the huge piles of money we all have. The physicals cap would also probably cause a lot of problems.

I think that would be a great idea.

Maybe he could try opening a new x3 Tycoon server where everything is going three times faster? Tycoon year - 1 month, training is 3x boosted, energy replenishment - 3x boosted... That would be fun :)

Boost training a bit but allow for 3 training sessions/day... morning, midday, night.

I have learned over the years to give all changes a chance. I thought the tickers would kill the game, I was wrong, I thought removing them and going to the skill point limit would kill the game, again I was wrong. I do not like the idea of a reboot and starting from nothing, but I do like most of the other ideas, and am sure a good compromise will come out. Mike has so much invested in the game he will not want to kill it. I have wanted to see judo and karate added for a while, but if they are added I don't think we would need to change the point cap, even for physicals. More skills would mean more points needing spread out and they would have to come from something. Some people may want lower fight skills and crazy physicals others may want fighting beasts that have to end it fast or gas out. As for the rest I think they sound good, I agree escapes need toned down, or takedowns a bit easier to land, either way would help the ground game be more of an option.

I wouldn't mind a reboot or starting from scratch myself. I've gotten used to playing games where whatever progression you have done eventually gets wiped.

If it means some really interesting changes down the road for MMA Tycoon, a start from scratch would be preferable imo. That being said, a complete wipe would turn off many players, both old and new.

Though I figure some changes for fight engine, and maybe other stuff can be beta tested in the next Island season. Just suggesting using the Island as a testbed of sorts for upcoming changes. I don't think it'd be too bad of an idea to introduce small changes over time there so people can see what's coming and try it out for themselves.

[edit] changed last paragraph just re-clarify what I meant.

With so many veteran managers leaving lately and so many half-assing it now, I think it's time to seriously consider a re-boot/tycoon 2.0.

I think this is a bit of an over reaction. We've always had veteran managers leaving the game every couple of months but they tend to be replace by some new enthusiastic manager. In addition to these new managers joining, I'd say the majority of the veteran managers who leave tend to come back within one year of leaving.

• Upvote 6

At first when I read this I thought it was a ridiculous suggestion... Then I thought it could actually be pretty damn exciting. Either way I'd still play but put yourself in mikes shoes - mmatycoon is his full time job and to reset the whole thing is a big risk! I don't think there is any chance of this happening...

Another change that should be thought about, is with there being so few public gyms, it would be nice to be able to open a second gym, make to have to be public if you open it. Even if it cost us some extra VIP days or something, I would open one and keep it as cheap as I could to help as many people as I could. It would never make any money so would be just a type of community service. Would let new people get good training for their fighters without having to have their own private gym. At least once a week I have someone ask to join my gym and I can never let them because I dont want to ruin the training in mine. I would love to be able to send them to a public gym that I ran to get training. If it were marked as public the coach points could be unlimited and hire as many coaches as the people training in it could aford to pay for.

Just a thought, I know it has been brought up before, but I think it would help a lot of new players get started.

Another thing I would like to see, and I know I say something every time changes are mentioned. But I would love to see different fight tactics for each round, and using the PA's as corner men to adjust the tactics as the fights go on. I would rather see these than the extra skills like judo and karate. Just my opinion and something to throw out. The gym change is something that could be done now and would help new people right away.

I have never made a 16 or 17 year old fighter because I dont want to waste the VIP days and get a scrub, but I would pay the extra 90 VIP days today and have another public gym going by morning if that were started. It really dont affect me, I have my private gym and that is all I will ever run, I am to lazy to run an ORG, and cant make crap to do a clothes shop. Just an idea to help out as many people as possible, I assume I would not be the only one to do it.

I agree, if you run a public gym then you should not have to deal with the point limit. You could even keep the pay cap at 1000, because the more coaches they have the more people to train the more the cost is spread out.

As for running for a profit, I never really thought of that, it is so hard to make money running a good gym, to make money either it is over loaded or something, I was looking for a way to help other, but I do see your point. Probably wouldnt work, because it would make it crazy to try and run a public gym for money, they would never be able to compete with a gym that was made just to break even and give good training.

I don't think I have been here long enough to say if a reboot would be a good idea, but I really like some of the ideas being thrown out about the physicalls. I would also go so far as to say some tweeks to fight strategy. If my stand up guy knocks a ground fighter to the ground, I don't want him going to the ground obviously, but I don't just want him to let the guy stand up either. I would rather he throw strikes while standing if he has the the guy hurt and if the guy isn't that hurt or recovers have my guy back off and then stand him up. This is a rookie opinion of course. :)

I agree with physicals needing a fix.

I also agree with adding Judo or Karate to spread out the points to eliminate elite fighter's in all 4 primaries. However, there needs to be secondaries tied to it or I wouldn't train in those areas.

I don't think a reboot is necessary.

I think small tweets are needed but not a game update.

I love things the way they are..

I've been playing a bery long time and only have a recently became a top 50 manager. I've never been a top manager and I'm working on getting there and staying there.. If everything were to start over I'd be devastated and wouldn't have much to play for because I love my current roster and skills sets I've worked hard to train up.

I would have no desire or interest to play if this reboot happened, just my two cents from a manager who has been playing since 2009.

• Upvote 1

I agree with points 2 and 5.

However just because some older managers are leaving and/or some of your mates have gone, in no way makes this game tired or ripe for a makeover. Like UniC said this game waits for no manager, there are continually new managers joining and learning the ropes, and future managerial legends plying their trade right now.

• Upvote 2

- Instead of re-booting there should be second world or server or something like that (if that)

- JLP's point on physicals is a good one and I totally agree with it.

- Hell no for new primaries and skills

- I agree with the FA suggestion. It should be completely revamped.

- Agree with the cities and traveling thingy. Traveling sucks big time and is more irritating than interesting feature.

• Upvote 1

This is a terrible idea. Members will come and leave all the time, the total member base has been slowly increasing, which means that eventually someone else will fill in the void. By rebooting the game it wont solve the problem of older members leaving, in fact even more of that core will leave.

The main reason members are leaving has a lot to do with those constant changes to things such as the fighting engine, while at the same time very few new features are being added and if they are they are cosmetic ones usually. I do not even remember the last time a new good feature was added. There have been 100s of really good ideas posted in the recommendation forum, but we get nothing.

The one thing i most certainly do not think needs changing is the fight engine and rankings. That seems to work fine now and we know this due to the top 10 manager/fighter lists. Before we had a lot more people which violated the game mechanics to get there, we see that a lot less now.

• Upvote 2

A total reboot? No. Some changes, yes!

There are indeed too many veteran managers that leave and while some come back, not all do. There need to be a few changes to keep things interesting.

For me personally, the most important change would be that a gym can be seen as a bookmakershop, so that it doesn't count for a business. There would be a lot more people that would open orgs, me included, and also other businesses such as clothing and nutrition. It's called Mma TYCOON, so strange that this isn't allowed already. It would give people a lot more options and would bring a lot more life into the game. There would be more competition to get 'customers' for the companies. I saw in this thread somewhere that someone suggested auto-run orgs. I am not a huge fan of this idea, but on the other hand, there are a lot less good options to put fighters in that a year ago in my opinion. Orgs are closing or merging. Give people the chance to have a company apart from a gym and there would be a lot more possible and it would benefit the game a lot I believe.

• Upvote 2

I havent read all the comments or replies but a reboot is a stupid idea just because JLP doesn't like the engine. This is a GAME and Mike is always working on it to improve.

If we reboot JLP will just find something else to complain about.

Also, there is a mini reboot every few months, it's called "The Island"

• Upvote 2

A total reboot? No. Some changes, yes!

There are indeed too many veteran managers that leave and while some come back, not all do. There need to be a few changes to keep things interesting.

For me personally, the most important change would be that a gym can be seen as a bookmakershop, so that it doesn't count for a business. There would be a lot more people that would open orgs, me included, and also other businesses such as clothing and nutrition. It's called Mma TYCOON, so strange that this isn't allowed already. It would give people a lot more options and would bring a lot more life into the game. There would be more competition to get 'customers' for the companies. I saw in this thread somewhere that someone suggested auto-run orgs. I am not a huge fan of this idea, but on the other hand, there are a lot less good options to put fighters in that a year ago in my opinion. Orgs are closing or merging. Give people the chance to have a company apart from a gym and there would be a lot more possible and it would benefit the game a lot I believe.

If you could have a gym and another compan it would be disastrous. Public gym as a business would disappear, there would be too many orgs and that will resul in not enough fighters. Also it would be a pain In the ass to sign them
  • Downvote 1

I after agree about the second comepany, earlier I posted about running a second gym as a service to help people get better training. But once JLP said that about putting people out of business that run one to make money he changed my mind. Would probably be a bad idea. Maybe instead of doing that make a higher level cozad gym in each city that costs more but has better training. That way people who cant find a good gym at least have an option.

I also agree with the posts about deleating a couple cities, not sure what ones. but Hilo, and Amsterdam would probably be a couple options. I wouldnt want to do Tokeyo or Sydnie as they are the only ones in their country. Yes Amsterdam is too but there are a bunch of others in the same area to make up for lossing it. The only reason I say it over St Pete is St Pete has been here longer.