MMATycoon re-boot

JLP

That is the point. New manager with young fighter could grow faster while vet mangers would grow slow creating a balance between vets and noobs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

@Rain

Why is that? So all fighters can have 50+ fight careers? Think about it... this is an MMA game. MMA fans want fighting or organization simulation (like wmma). sometimes you're lucky if your fighters fight once a month in this game. If you want to appeal to the fan you need to fight at least once a week. Even your first warm up fights take a couple days to happen, a lot of new users never sign on again after that.

Fighters can fight every two weeks, for one irl year, twelve in game years, and they will have 24 fights in an irl year By 30 yrs old. this isn't including qfcs. If they fought once a week (honestly, virtual fighters in game fighting only ONCE a week - when most games you can fight at least once a day - still isn't that active)

auto-orgs or auto-pilot orgs that auto set up opponents based on hype isnt a bad idea either if programmed properly.

I have said this before and will say it again, let me break it down for you all one more time.

The game is called MMA Tycoon.

Tycoon

1. a wealthy, powerful person in business or industry.

The real goal of this game is to be a great fighter manager, in fact the best fighter managers are called the top tycoons in this game.

That is the down fall to our rankings system.

Now if we make our managers rating to include our companies ranking giving us a Tycoon rating for each manager the top fighter manager in this game today would no longer be top tycoons.

Your over all manager rating is combined from your fighters records and company ranking. Creating a Tycoon.

How to work gyms with this rating system = All gyms get rated by the highest level of growth on fighters weekly game wide creating a gym rating.

Now, if you make the members play like tycoons and not like fighter managers you have a whole new game.

Alliance rankings, this is something that should have been done yesterday.

Take each managers over all fighter ranking, company ranking combined and combine them together creating an alliance over all ranking.

Why are we not do these things allowing us to be real Tycoons?

The game economy is totally busted already. Imagine how bad it would be if we were all running for profit companies. Also what you suggest would be so easily manipulated by large alliances that it would probably destroy the game pretty quickly.

• Downvote 1

I have said this before and will say it again, let me break it down for you all one more time.

The game is called MMA Tycoon.

Tycoon

1. a wealthy, powerful person in business or industry.

The real goal of this game is to be a great fighter manager, in fact the best fighter managers are called the top tycoons in this game.

That is the down fall to our rankings system.

Now if we make our managers rating to include our companies ranking giving us a Tycoon rating for each manager the top fighter manager in this game today would no longer be top tycoons.

Your over all manager rating is combined from your fighters records and company ranking. Creating a Tycoon.

I think i'd still be #1 personally.

@ dinooo I agree with you. Your a great example of a tycoon. Able to master all angles of the game and have.

You are a true tycoon.

• Downvote 1

JLP are you trying to say SP is suggesting using a large alliance as a way to benefit himself and his tycoon "status?" How dare you, he'd never do such a thing!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I wrote a big post a few years ago and part of the post containted how I thought physicals should be affected, mainly strenght.

The difference between a younger guy and an older is not that they cannot lift the same weight. If you keep in shape both can do it equally as well. The difference is that an older guy spends more energy doing the same task than a younger person. The older person also has worse recovery so it will deplete him longer while as a young person will recover quicker and be good to go.

I think you see this quite often when look at the older fighters in the UFC. The first 2 rounds they are explosive and the energy is good but then you also notice they tire quicker. If it's a 5 round fight, the energy is completetly gone. The younger guys are naturally also tired when entering the fifth round but it's not the same level of tiredness.

One of the best examples I think is to look at the hendo vs shogun 1.

So how would this affect the game.

I don't think strenght as a physical really should degenerate but should instead result in costing more energy points in doing the same actions. An older fighters is not naturally going to be able to keep a high pace for a long amount of time. Throwing heavy shots should drain more energy. The same way stamina should be affected, more aggression will cost more energy points. The result is that the older fighters will have to plan their tactics differently than when they were younger. They still can be aggresive and explosive but they can't count on being that for 5 rounds. This means they'll be worse at recovering energy between rounds and after taking big shots. imo it's a quite realistic thing that does happen in the real world.

• Upvote 2

I wrote a big post a few years ago and part of the post containted how I thought physicals should be affected, mainly strenght.

The difference between a younger guy and an older is not that they cannot lift the same weight. If you keep in shape both can do it equally as well. The difference is that an older guy spends more energy doing the same task than a younger person. The older person also has worse recovery so it will deplete him longer while as a young person will recover quicker and be good to go.

I think you see this quite often when look at the older fighters in the UFC. The first 2 rounds they are explosive and the energy is good but then you also notice they tire quicker. If it's a 5 round fight, the energy is completetly gone. The younger guys are naturally also tired when entering the fifth round but it's not the same level of tiredness.

One of the best examples I think is to look at the hendo vs shogun 1.

So how would this affect the game.

I don't think strenght as a physical really should degenerate but should instead result in costing more energy points in doing the same actions. An older fighters is not naturally going to be able to keep a high pace for a long amount of time. Throwing heavy shots should drain more energy. The same way stamina should be affected, more aggression will cost more energy points. The result is that the older fighters will have to plan their tactics differently than when they were younger. They still can be aggresive and explosive but they can't count on being that for 5 rounds. This means they'll be worse at recovering energy between rounds and after taking big shots. imo it's a quite realistic thing that does happen in the real world.

Couldn't the same result be more easily achieved by simply making conditioning decline faster than other physicals as a fighter gets over 30? Tying it to strength in particular seems more complicated, plus movement and all other actions (not neccessarily using strength in particular) effect stamina during a fight also.

I thought high damage and/or aggression already used more energy than low damage and/or aggression? To be honest though, I've always just assumed that's the case (and set sliders according to that). Are you telling me it doesn't work like that?

• Upvote 1

Couldn't the same result be more easily achieved by simply making conditioning decline faster than other physicals as a fighter gets over 30? Tying it to strength in particular seems more complicated, plus movement and all other actions (not neccessarily using strength in particular) effect stamina during a fight also.

I thought high damage and/or aggression already used more energy than low damage and/or aggression? To be honest though, I've always just assumed that's the case (and set sliders according to that). Are you telling me it doesn't work like that?

It does. Let me clarify what I ment with more energy. Say a fighters energy points is 100 points, lets say a fighter when doing an action with 50% aggression and 50% dmg spends 1 energy point doing 1 move. That would allow him to do 100 moves until his energy is depleted. What I mean is that when a fighter gets older he spends more energy doing the same thing. So if the first case was a 18y old and the next would be a 30y old instead. The 30y would spend perhaps 1.5 points doing the same thing with the same actions. The difference would be he'd only be able to do 66 actions instead before getting his energy depleted. These numbers are totally fictional and only for the sake of argument to illustrate what I ment.

People in general don't like seeing degeneration in games. It's demoralising watching your fighters lose skills even if the skill affect is not that much of a difference, the psychological damage is much higher. I think when people are bussy with life and they login to check their fighters and all that red shows it completetly takes away the motivation. They might rebuild the skills a few times but after a while I think the will to do that goes away. It's also not very realistic how it works and I think that with a system like the one I showed is more life like and easier to swallow than your fighter once was an elite fighter but he's totally forgotten how to throw a punch.

• Upvote 2

Im thinking most guys use their Iphones for this game, as im doing now, at the toilett hiding from the boss, others might hide from their wife etc, anyway, I spend 85% of the time on here on my phone, not being able to use the woc on my phone makes me not look at it, i cant predict etc.

Also woc is a ton of information, stats, green/orange blue yellow buttons, shortening of words etc, to be able to invest time ut might have to be simplyfied somehow..