The History of Multi By Metra M'Bole

A full reset will do. Send all his fighters to the FA list and put LFC and the other companies on sale for 1$

This means losing all companies, fighters and money. And start as a fresh noob that just bought vip.

I would also place a 6 months/1 year ban on owning an org(since this is the place where most of the exploiting happens)

I'm fine with him continuing to play the game and even keeping his main account(Manager ID number and name)

As for the resetting hype to 0, I find that pointless. After a couple of events, the hype will be at the exact same level as before. An org lives of the fighters it has under contract, not from hype from 3 or 4 previous events. To make a difference, the company needs to leave his hands permanently. If no one else wants to take it, it should be closed.

I agree with this. I was only stating above what Mentor's punishment was for the same 'crime'

what an altruist!!
i bow down to your greatness whose foundation is based cheat,lie and deciet. :notworthy: Your efforts to do good for the mma community here by plunging your own hands in filth are well appreciated.here is a trophy for you. :winner:
I'd like you to continue with your efforts. :P

• Downvote 1

I was currently competing on the Island and I loved the way things were working there but I wanted to create my own org. I ask to one of the most influant person in this game (I won't say his name) how could I get an other company and I was told it was impossible every manager can run only one company. So I ask him what if I create an other account with a VIP and I was told it was okay as long as no one knows and I don't transfert money between those accounts. And to be honest I never did beside to buy VIP to someone else and told him it was for a friends or to pay the Dojo (Drizzy's Gym on the island) which is like in any other private gym. And after a week of playing I created Drizzy Breezy creator and First Owner of LFC.

This is me. I say so because I can see people already trying to blame the usual suspects, and that would be unfair.

No, Im not as influential as Metra thinks, but it might have seemed like that to him because I mentored him when he joined and gave him a little money. He soon got the hang of fighting, was a nice guy, so I got him in my old alliance, Evolution.

I remember the conversation about multis. I don't know if something was lost in translation because Metra is a French-speaker, but I didn't intend to encourage him to multi, quite the opposite. In the conversation I said that it goes on all the time, that I don't think Mike particularly cares if you (or your flatemate) are both buying VIP, but I specifically warned him that if he did it he would be crucified if other players found out. That was the truth then, and the truth now, and that is what I told him.

I also said that I don't run a multi and I thought that should speak for itself as advice by example. With hindsight, maybe he thought I meant "I don't have a multi, wink-wink". I dunno (And I don't have a multi). Whatever, he must have certainly understood that running five multis was foolish, I would have thought.

But he was a nice guy, he knew about fighting, and I believe what he says about being motivated to help others. So I for one liked him.

When I heard about his multi accounts this week I wrote and said, if the accusations are true, he will surely get banned. I told him to contact Mike, confess, and see if he can restart with a single account. See what Mike says. On the whole, he is good for the game. But I think the shame of being exposed has got to him and he just wants to quit. Out of shame.

He mentioned in his "confession" here that he is a real MMA fighter. He told me that a long time ago - It came up naturally in conversation - and I never told anyone. He told me who he is and I occaisionally followed that fighter, asked about his training once or twice. I can't say I would stake my life on it, but he convinced me (mainly by his casual lack of TRYING to convince me). And especially because, as far as I know, he never told anyone else (until today when he thinks he's leaving forever). If you knew who, you could look him up on Sherdog and get a surprise. Now that he has mentioned it, I can too. You might want to ask him yourself.

If I'm completely honest, there was one of his multis that I was acquainted with that I did think was either him or something to do with him. I remember thinking that at some time. I didn't care. Did it remind me of him because it is him, or because this is a French-speaking friend of his? I wasn't bothered enough to investigate it. Who would "investigate" a friend anyway? Now that all his multis are listed, I see that actually "knew" most of them. Maybe he thought I knew they were him, maybe he didn't. I dunno.

Summary:

1. He's alright (and possibly the most famous MMA fighter ever to play Tycoon).

2. He knows he did wrong, and is about to leave forever because he's ashamed.

3. He did it because he loves Tycoon TOO much.

4. The game is better off if he comes back (fairly, without multis).

5. I have to defend him because if he thought "it was OK as long you don't transfer money" and it was a misunderstanding due to me, I owe it to him.

6. Let's give him a second chance. Much, much worse people have been forgiven.

I hope I can be as influential, just for once, as Metra thinks I am.

T

• Upvote 13

Time for me to have my say, as I've been fairly quiet so far. I personally think he should be allowed to stay and I'd be very surprised if he isn't allowed to stay given the current state of the game. Mike has already said that the VIP purchases in the last month were just enough to cover his living expenses which is pretty shit. If he leaves that's another customer lost who would have bought VIP which we can't really afford atm.

The guy loves playing MMA Tycoon and if he has any sense he'll have realised that he made a big mistake and wont do it again. Since this is his first offence, I don't see why he shouldn't be allowed to stay, we've have Mentor stay and others allowed to stay who have messed up a couple of times in the past before. Heck even Humors was given plenty of chances to play the game despite the stuff he pulled.

1. He's alright (and possibly the most famous MMA fighter ever to play Tycoon).

Do you not remember Jeff Smith? He runs an MMA gym and tried out for UFC's Ultimate Fighter. I'm curious as to who he actually is because if he is a professional MMA fighter, I don't see why we as a community can't raise some money towards getting a sponsorship deal with him where he'd have the MMA Tycoon logo on his shorts, unless of course he's in the UFC.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Time for me to have my say, as I've been fairly quiet so far. I personally think he should be allowed to stay and I'd be very surprised if he isn't allowed to stay given the current state of the game. Mike has already said that the VIP purchases in the last month were just enough to cover his living expenses which is pretty shit. If he leaves that's another customer lost who would have bought VIP which we can't really afford atm.

The guy loves playing MMA Tycoon and if he has any sense he'll have realised that he made a big mistake and wont do it again. Since this is his first offence, I don't see why he shouldn't be allowed to stay, we've have Mentor stay and others allowed to stay who have messed up a couple of times in the past before. Heck even Humors was given plenty of chances to play the game despite the stuff he pulled.

Do you not remember Jeff Smith? He runs an MMA gym and tried out for UFC's Ultimate Fighter. I'm curious as to who he actually is because if he is a professional MMA fighter, I don't see why we as a community can't raise some money towards getting a sponsorship deal with him where he'd have the MMA Tycoon logo on his shorts, unless of course he's in the UFC.

You said it yourself Marky, Mike said VIP sales were down in the last month, odds of a sponsorship happening with VIP sales dropping is a long shot at best.

Anywho, my goal in exposing him as a multi accounter was not to have him banned altogether, but purely so he wouldn't continue to benefit from cheating. Throw the book at him yeah, while allowing him to maintain his main account, but remove all companies from his possession, delete the other accounts and fine him cash and VIP days.

You said it yourself Marky, Mike said VIP sales were down in the last month, odds of a sponsorship happening with VIP sales dropping is a long shot at best.

It wouldn't need to come out of Mike's pocket to get MMA Tycoon to sponsor him, everyone here could donate $1 and we'd probably have over $100. The time we sponsored Leeroy Barnes who was fighting for Cage Warriors based in the UK, we paid him between £40-£60 I think, though I can't remember for sure :D

• Upvote 1

I'm not as much of an MMA fan as most people here (I just love Tycoon as a game) so it's quite possible that Jeff Smith is a bigger name, and I'm pretty sure he is because I can find Jeff Smith on Sherdog no problem. Metra showed me a link about a year ago (I think it was Sherdog) and he looked like a decent young pro, I followed a bit for a while but now I'm having trouble remembering anything. Let's put it this way, he isn't Rampage Jackson!

Metra said in his "goodbye" confession that he is an MMA fighter and, seeing as he now told everyone, all I can say is ask Metra. End of the day, he could have lied to me anyway. I just took him at his word, no bother. The name I thought I remembered is probably wrong because I can't find him now. I think I just forgot the name.

I just don't get why people would want to be a multi. I mean, this is a game and what fun is there in cheating the system and not trying to be succesfull by doing it in a correct / fair way...?! I would much rather fail miserably than having to create multiple accounts to try and benefit from them and get better like that.

Don't cheat the system, just try to do it the correct way and if you suck, ask advice to other managers, as most of us are all very willing to give advice to others...!

• Upvote 1

I find it hard enough to keep myself up to date with one account never mind multiple accounts :D

Agreed. It's always better to do one thing really well... than to do a bunch of things shitty.

As someone who got banned because of humours ive built myself to rank 12 in 10 months. Working hard and setting good tactics trying to get good FAs. Its humbled me and I appreciate being back.

I say ban them. Keeping the main account that was benefited doesnt do anything. Lose the fighters, hype, cash and businesses.

Keeping the name isnt really a issue. But all the gains should be removed. Since hes a good guy and a great contributer to the game he should get to stay and rebuild his name

• Upvote 2

I find it hard enough to keep myself up to date with one account never mind multiple accounts :D

Same here. As for the not exchanging money between accounts the rule has generally been no contact between accounts in any way. That means no fighting in each others orgs, no buying from their stores, no holding gyms for each other, no being in the same alliance or the same orgs, never fighting each other even in a QFC, and doing your best to not even be in the same cities, no sponsoring fighters, and no sharing money. I am based in Hilo, and all my fighters are in a gym there. They fight in various cities, but none of them fight in Sydney or Rio. If I made an account those would be the cities I used, and I would never let Madness do any business in those cities. Any fighters on that account would also never use an org one of Madness fighters are in. Mike pretty much said he knows most "family" accounts are just multi's, but as long as there is zero interaction he needs to get paid. No, I don't have an account in Rio or Sydney. It was hypothetical. :P

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why have rules if they're not going to be enforced? The integrity of the game should come first.

If rules are going to be cherry picked for certain players then do away with all the rules for everyone, not just those that "contribute more to the game"

• Upvote 1

Why have rules if they're not going to be enforced? The integrity of the game should come first.

If rules are going to be cherry picked for certain players then do away with all the rules for everyone, not just those that "contribute more to the game"

Not sure exactly what youre referring to but if youre referring to the family rule then you have to understand that some people legitimately do have family that play so if Mike bans all 'family', knowing that 'family' is usually a cover for multis then it will drive off real managers.

If you are referring to the punishment that Metra should only have his multis deleted but keep his main account then I understand where you are coming from but again due to experiences unique to this site banning is only reserved for the most extreme cases. Experience shows that if a banned manager really wants to play he can always set up a new account.

Honestly it sounds like the only thing Metra really gained for his multis is a bit off help to his org. I am not an org owner so I cant say how much help that really translates into so I dont know how outraged to be really. Fighting between multi accounts, or passing fighters from account to account is much much worse in my eyes but again that may just be because I have never been in the org business.

• Upvote 2

My two cents. He owned up to his mistakes and took responsibility, and he wasn't malicious in anyway with any of his multi's.

I say a possible fine and his multi's deleted, but he seems like a decent guy and he was a good manager for the most part. I know he cheated but he knows he messed up and is pretty ashamed it seems.

I forgive him, maybe i'm too lenient though.

• Upvote 2

I think the org needs to go too, all the multi accounts seemed to be helping towards the same goal - more fighters/cash for the org. If he still would like to run an org then I think it should be from scratch so he can do it fairly the same as everyone else, although now I've said that I don't think that's what has happened with other cases in the past. I seem to remember the hype being reset and a financial charge but that didn't seem to have much of an effect as the org was virtually back to where it was after a couple of events. (unless I'm just remembering it wrong).

• Upvote 1

I think the org needs to go too, all the multi accounts seemed to be helping towards the same goal - more fighters/cash for the org. If he still would like to run an org then I think it should be from scratch so he can do it fairly the same as everyone else, although now I've said that I don't think that's what has happened with other cases in the past. I seem to remember the hype being reset and a financial charge but that didn't seem to have much of an effect as the org was virtually back to where it was after a couple of events. (unless I'm just remembering it wrong).

As much as i agree with the comment it cannot be done, this was the exact same punishment i proposed to Mike when discussing the Mentor thing and he said "That would be a bit too much", while all his multi's were geared towards his org. You are right the way shit happened with Mentor but you cannot punish one guy without going back and doing the same to the others who previously done it because they got off lightly.

That being said before anyone mentioned SP he got deleted and bought his org back.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't defend Timmy, you have nothing to win in this.

For all those who said why running multi I have only one answer, having several companies.

Now some of you said that I should be banned other are saying that I should be allowed to stay with my main account. To be honest it doesn't really matter because I won't do multi again but I won't play again if I can't have several companies so basically I just won't be able to play.

As for those who think I'm ashamed, thank you but once again I'm sorry I'm not if I had the chance to make the right choice a year ago I would have done the same thing.

I'm not pissed of or angry at anybody I knew I would be caught one day my only regret is to leave LFC fighters.

And to finish yes I'm a professional MMA fighter and yes I love this game, please tell me who would give hours of playing everyday for nothing, for those who tell I did it to benefit my main account, what do you mean ? Can you pay your rent with your tycoon cash because I can't as far as I know I gave more than a year of my life for a game and just the pleasure to play it.

If my account isn't banned right away I will continue to answer in this topic but I won't do anything else so this is the time if you have something to say or to ask

You repeatedly fought each between the many accounts, most of those being card fillers for your main org LFC. And I honestly don't see why you keep saying you are an MMA fighter. Good for you, but it has nothing to do with you playing this game or you blatantly using multiple accounts to benefit with your 'main' account's org.

• Upvote 1