What happened to these?

kobe.monteclaro

I really like the "smokers" idea but much more for non-VIP users than the other way around.

VIPs already have 10 spots and endless features to enjoy. non-VIPs are the potential future customers who are turned off by the slow pace of the game - Having only four fighter slots, waiting for fights, finding out they created bad builds, etc.

Female fighters is a useless idea.

• Upvote 1

Good point, and not having them count on your record is not exactly a disadvantage when you are new and testing things out. Maybe even give new players a bunch of "free" smoker fights to start with before being limited to the once per month? Would give you a taste of the game immediately without being the real thing.

If there is no record/hype involved that should also remove the incentive to create multis for the smoker fights.

• Upvote 1

I had an idea years ago before I took some time off of having sparring bot fights....Maybe used through a gym, like gym could pay a 1x fee to have them (like saunas) and it would cost X amount of money for the fighter to use) But, essentially it would be like QFC but happen within like 30 mins of asking for it...It wouldn't have tott (our it could) but it wouldn't count against your record or anything....but, it would give a manager the chance to test out how their fighter is doing, maybe get newer managers or those who still struggle with sliders to test different things out. You'd pay out of the fighters bank (make some kind of use of extra fighter cash) and would earn no money or hype....Really, just like the real world...You train over and over again in prep for a fight and then you spar another fighter before stepping in the ring/cage with him. Maybe have it so you could select the style of fight bot you face (boxing, MT, Wrestler, BJJ) to simulate what your upcoming opponent might do and see how you want to go in with your game plan.

Hmm, regex replace he/she, him/her etc. to use a variable instead. If that was the main issue Mike could send me the text files and I'd do it for him.

The problem is rather that it would just spread the total number of fighters between even more divisions without any gameplay benefit. If there was something like different physical skill caps for women to force a different build/slider meta there could be some point to it, but I doubt it would be worth the effort even then.

• Upvote 1

A big issue with women fighters that often gets looked over is the base avatars. I doubt Mike has the means nor will to create them, and I bet the guy who made the current men's ones isn't around anymore

Money makes the world go round. I am sure 20-40 female renders would be enough and could get done for free by a lot of the community.

I think biggest issue by far is text based and fighter size / coding based.

But it would be hilarious to see women mma restricted to island fighters, all I was saying.