PSE 265lbs+ Grand Prix

Alfred

I've really enjoyed the tournament, and can't believe I'm gonna say this...but at this point I just want Diego's run to come to an end so damned bad! lol! I mean, this poor guy has been fighting cut and injured so much, he doesn't stand a chance every time he steps in there.

Yeah this round wasn't so nice for him....at this point not so good for me either.

PSE 265lbs+ Grand Prix

Week 10 Review

Group A

A big win for Johannes Boe in my book to beat Amadeo Camara and move up a spot into third. Boe wasn’t given much of a chance at the start of this round so it is certainly interesting to see him sitting in a qualifying spot. It was mentioned before that Camara is letting down his management team and this result will do nothing to subdue those claims. At this point it’s hard to see him in the play-offs especially as he will now go into his next bout in pretty bad shape.

Daniel Bradshaw continues to shine and is now 3-0 in this round. Perhaps his result against Petrozuli wasn’t much of a surprise but Petrozuli was expected to be a front runner in this phase and instead it is Bradshaw that is pushing for the top spot.

Poor Diego Columbo took another beating and just cannot seem to catch a break with injuries and cuts. Now firmly at the bottom of Group A without a win, he once again goes into his next fight against Amanda Nunes with a massive cut.

A much need win for Alf Konrad who picks up his first of the round and keeps himself within breathing distance of the qualifying spots.

Something of a surprise for me was Patrick O’Phoenix defeating Sven Eklund. O’Phoenix hasn’t quite been living up to expectations and Eklund had a great first round so I thought Eklund would be able to get the GnP stoppage on the ground. I was wrong and O’Phoenix keeps himself in the game and moves up to 5th. Eklund, now 1-2 this round so far, drops down to 9th.

This one was absolutely shocking to me as Alan Odrobny handed Amanda Nunes it’s first loss of the tournament. I expected Nunes to defeat Odrobny and keep the run going but it wasn’t to be and now I wonder have things taken a huge turn for the worst? Nunes has dropped down to 4th and while still currently in a qualifying spot will be injured for the next fight and in danger of dropping outside the safe zone.

Group B

A bottom of the table clash saw Jon Bones pick up a decision win over Thom Tharrier. It was his first win of the round and meant he was able to move up from the bottom of the table. Tharrier is still searching for his first win though still keeps one spot above the bottom at number nine.

Bishop Heahmund might be disappointed with his KO loss to Michael Dobson after having a good amount of time and opportunity to finish on the ground in round one of their fight. Dobson came back in the second to pick up his second win of this round and move just outside of a qualifying spot. Not quite time to panic for Heahmund just yet as he remains only a win away from a safe position.

Okino Naruhiko picked up a massive win against Victor Slaughter to put an end to his poor start this round. While he doesn’t move in the standings, the points do mean he stays within range of those above him. Slaughter loses for the first time this round and with it concedes the top spot in Group B. He drops down into forth and remains in a qualifying position.

Potential play-off candidates Hugues Dupont and Kyle Cruz fought to a draw meaning that for now, Dupont remains undefeated still. In fact, with Nunes loss in the other group, Dupont is now the only undefeated fighter left in the tournament though this in under threat as Dupont might not be fully fit for his next fight. Both Dupont and Cruz move up a spot from last time and currently sit in second and third respectably.

Heitor Machado picked up his third win in a row to claim the top spot in Group B and in doing so, sent his opponent Roar Dinosuar Jr down to the bottom of the standings. Machado is now on a four fight win streak though whether he can maintain this run of form, I’m not too sure. For Dinosuar Jr, he will need to step up massively if he is to make a come back from where he currently is

• Upvote 2

I did see that and wondered if that meant Nunes was about to go inactive but he's signed up for his next fight so hopefully all good. Would be a terrible shame to do so well and then just give up. Saying that though, Nunes is fighting with an injury next so that will be interesting.

Guest MpJuice

No worries I am not leaving the game and will honor the contract I have but I acknowledge that I am out of winning this tournament so good luck the the guy who can beat Alan!

• Upvote 1

No worries I am not leaving the game and will honor the contract I have but I acknowledge that I am out of winning this tournament so good luck the the guy who can beat Alan!

Glad to hear you are continuing mate but there's no reason why Nunes couldn't still win. To be honest, I'd say anyone who makes the knockout stages has a decent shot