weight/speed advantage

chuckw94

fair or unfair  

39 members have voted

1. 1. does the smaller fighter have an advantage

My fighter actually fought the guy in question last. I honestly didn't even notice his weight until now, quality manager that I am ?.

Anyway for my two cents. I definitely think less weight has a speed and energy advantage as stated by others already. In saying that if the org hasn't got any specific minimum weights then people are free to do as they wish.

If people catch on they'll start rejecting fights and making the org owners life difficult. I'd say easiest thing would be for org to say minimum weight for 135 division is 130. Problem solved.

• Upvote 4

1) Letter of the law = if all parties agree to it, there's nothing wrong with it and if the org doesn't have a rule against it, it's fine, but it's likewise fine for opponents to reject such a fight.

2) Spirit of the law (IMO) is that if your WALK AROUND weight is in a lower weight class, you are taking unfair advantage. There is no lower weight class in MMA Tycoon, but if there was, it would be 125. IMO, it would not be unreasonable for org owners to say if you want to fight at Bantamweight, your fighter must weigh at least 126 lbs.

• Upvote 3

Proud of the community lately, it seems like problems have been handled in a mature manner. Im sure we will get back to the name calling and raging soon :)

I share the opinion of most people here. If there is no org rule, and the opponent is okay with it, by all means. The fighter isnt undefeated so obviously it can be overcome. I dont blame anyone for rejecting, and I think most top managers welcome the challenge.

Personally, it brings this question up for me: Seamus stopped losing weight at 111, but what if he didnt? I would be fascinated to see how the fight system handles a fighter weighing 15 lbs. (Although, I certainly dont recommend it)

• Upvote 5

I would be fascinated to see how the fight system handles a fighter weighing 15 lbs. (Although, I certainly dont recommend it)

Check out the latter part of this guy's career and you'll have a better idea. He would get rocked if you looked at him wrong.

• Upvote 2

Proud of the community lately, it seems like problems have been handled in a mature manner. Im sure we will get back to the name calling and raging soon :)

I share the opinion of most people here. If there is no org rule, and the opponent is okay with it, by all means. The fighter isnt undefeated so obviously it can be overcome. I dont blame anyone for rejecting, and I think most top managers welcome the challenge.

Personally, it brings this question up for me: Seamus stopped losing weight at 111, but what if he didnt? I would be fascinated to see how the fight system handles a fighter weighing 15 lbs. (Although, I certainly dont recommend it)

Shut up hippy boy

hug-icegif.gif

• Upvote 2

Check out the latter part of this guy's career and you'll have a better idea. He would get rocked if you looked at him wrong.

I didn't look at all his fights but his last one just now. He straight up got rocked from missing his own punch in the opening seconds lol

TKO via low blood sugar? Granite chin as well.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/round1.jpg

The bell rings for round one and we are underway!

Apple ducks under a wild hook from Romeiro.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/rocked.gif

Romeiro is rocked!

• Upvote 4

I didn't look at all his fights but his last one just now. He straight up got rocked from missing his own punch in the opening seconds lol

TKO via low blood sugar? Granite chin as well.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/round1.jpg

The bell rings for round one and we are underway!

Apple ducks under a wild hook from Romeiro.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/rocked.gif

Romeiro is rocked!

Interesting. I knew that higher weight gives a bonus to ko power, but didn't know it also gave a bonus to chin.

Got my 140lbs bantamweight lined up to fight Seamus now. I often made my fighters walk around slightly over the weight as IRL. Seems to have worked out ok, but will look for any effects from the weight difference in this fight.

Your other fighter Disco Kid was the only fighter to finish Seamus & he weighed 144 at that bout. Looking at Slammy Neckbreaker's record, he has a high finish rate so I look forward to the fight :)

These situations would take place if people didn't make "freaks and geeks" thinking it's cute/funny. Just sayin'. If I was an org owner, I wouldn't allow a 100lb twizzler to fight in the 135lb division.

I respectfully disagree. As far as the physical freaks and the usain bolt geeks I find it more rewarding to beat an opponent that is using a cookie cutter build and gets knocked out anyway lol. Everyone is beatable with the right sliders.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I respectfully disagree. As far as the physical freaks and the usain bolt geeks I find it more rewarding to beat an opponent that is using a cookie cutter build and gets knocked out anyway lol. Everyone is beatable with the right sliders.

Fact !

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=964288

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think you might've misunderstood me a tad. I'm not talking about build types, I'm talking midgets, 500lb fighters, 50lb fighters, and so on. This is mostly done by role players who enjoy the story of a fighter/trashtalking rather than the competitive aspect of the game.

• Upvote 2

I think you might've misunderstood me a tad. I'm not talking about build types, I'm talking midgets, 500lb fighters, 50lb fighters, and so on. This is mostly done by role players who enjoy the story of a fighter/trashtalking rather than the competitive aspect of the game.

Unless you pay for people`s VIP you cannot really tell them how to play the game lol

Also, no disrespect to you Alex but Buff is (and has been) much higher ranked than you for a while now and that is with him testing his fighters vs other managers. while you have barely broken the top 100 going through hoops such as creating an entire org just to test vs yourself because testing in QFC/vs other managers = L`s and L`s = loss in rankings.

I don`t think you are in a position to utter the word competitive. Yo test vs yourself bruv

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Also just to add: Nobody here has said a single bad thing about Buff

We had an educated conversation between managers and found a simple solution.

Fully on topic: If I had a 135 lbs. division I would 10000% implement a minimum weight to challenge for a belt due to the speed thingy.

But again, nobody disagreed nor started any drama. Everything was discussed with hespect as it should be as Buff is a top notch guy and CEC (where his guy fights now) is legendary.

• Upvote 2

O ok I didn't know that you meant the "super extreme" version of those builds. In that case I agree.

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1023615

Not that one fight is much to go by but this little leprechaun wasn't easy to get my hands on. A good part of those 111lbs must be the granite he is carrying around.

If i recall correctly the 2nd Disco Kid fight was during one of my occasional write ups for Budokai. Awesome fight.

• Upvote 1

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1023615

Not that one fight is much to go by but this little leprechaun wasn't easy to get my hands on. A good part of those 111lbs must be the granite he is carrying around.

Oddly enough despite the failed takedowns & failed punches (not taking a jab btw) Neckbreaker was the one who had more energy left at the end of the fight :o

Could anyone explain that?

Oddly enough despite the failed takedowns & failed punches (not taking a jab btw) Neckbreaker was the one who had more energy left at the end of the fight :o

Could anyone explain that?

It was my gameplan to conserve some energy and ko you late fight after you spazzed around for a couple of rounds. Difficult to say what my chances were on that, but probably not that great.