I wish more people used Buzz

Like the title says, I wish more people used Buzz as it's a great bit of fun for everyone (both the person buzzing and viewers seeing the buzz). I can understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea as you're basically roleplaying when you buzz but I find it fun (I happen to also play Dungeons and Dragons, a game full of roleplaying) and I think it's a neat thing that people should use more because (btw, you can just read the headlines and get the basic gist of it):

1. Helps spend awareness of you and your fighters/event/product/etc

It's true, it helps talent finders and sponsors find your fighters and help fighters find events to join and fight at instead of hoping that someone will pick them in an overcrowded pond of talent.

2. It's a great way to call out fighters and start brawls

We all know that real life MMA fighters often throw insults across social media apps (like Twitter) and start rivalries over it; It's the lunch pad of many MMA champions (eg, Israel Adesanya who has a 20-1-0 record) and that applies to in-game MMA fighters (just go on Buzz and scroll down, you will see people calling others out) and I follow and watch the fights of many interesting characters just because they're entertaining.

3. It helps enforce personas beyond the fighter description
Again this one mainly applies to those who enjoy roleplaying a bit with their fighters but it's a good outsource and helps enforce your fighter's persona eg, Jonney Seeds, a playboy 20 year old who's no stranger to calling out fighters or "Next" Jesus Joseph, a Christian who's both loved and hated by his own religion as he goes from sinner to sinner trying to fight them or Donald Trump who's...straight up just like real Donald Trump but after being president he thought "I've done WWE, that means I can do MMA too", my point is, It's a nice way to roleplay as your fighters and you don't even need to have a crazy persona like Macho Man (yep, that's a real in-game fighter), you can have a slightly cocky but still likeable fighter and have plenty of fun crafting whitty insults or plugging sponsors or whatever, it's Buzz so do the stuff fighters do on Twitter.

4. It's really entertaining to viewers, like really entertaining
A big part of why MMA is so enjoyable is the build up, the tension increasing 'till the day of the fight and all of a sudden...BOOM! The pressure value's been released and there will be a spectacle or a disappointment. Social Media is a big part of that build up; let's be honest, most of the biggest fights in any combat sport would not be as big if it weren't for the build up and it's the same for MMA tycoon, as I said earlier, I follow and watch some fighters for a number of reasons but a big part of why is because their is tension between two fighters, it could be respect for each other that they've gotten this far but now are forced to hand the other a fat L or just pure hatred and putting your pride at stake for the sake of proving that you're better then them.

Overall...

Just because you don't like buzzing doesn't mean I hate you and think that you are a twit but I do think you should give it a shot as it's unappreciated.

• Upvote 7

46 minutes ago, Ernieply said:

Like the title says, I wish more people used Buzz as it's a great bit of fun for everyone (both the person buzzing and people that see the buzz). I can understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea as you're basically roleplaying when you buzz as a fighter but I find it fun as I also play Dungeons and Dragons and I think it's a neat thing that people should use more because (btw, you can just read the headlines and get the basic gist of it):

1. Helps spend awareness of you and your fighters/event/product/etc

It's true, it helps talent finders and sponsors find your fighters and help fighters find events to join and fight at instead of hoping that someone will find and pick them in the crowd of talent.

2. It's a great way to call out fighters and start fights

We all know that real life MMA fighters often throw insults across social media apps (like Twitter) and start fights over it; It's the lunch pad of many MMA champions (eg, Israel Adesanya who has a 20-1-0 record) and that applies to in-game MMA fighters (just go on Buzz and scroll down, you will see people calling others out) and I follow and watch the fights of many fighters just because they're entertaining.

3. It helps enforce personas beyond the fighter description
Again this one mainly applies to those who like to roleplay a bit with their fighters but it's a good outsource and can help enforce your fighter's persona eg, Jonney Seeds, a playboy 20 year old who's no stranger to calling out fighters or "Next" Jesus Joseph, a Christian who's both loved and hated by his own religion as he goes from sinner to sinner trying to fight them or Donald Trump who's...straight up just like real Donald Trump but after being president he thought "I've done WWE, that means I can do MMA too", my point is, It's a nice way to roleplay as your fighters and you don't even need to have a crazy persona like Macho Man (yep, that's a real in-game fighter), you can have a slightly cocky but still likeable fighter and have plenty of fun crafting whitty insults or plugging sponsors or whatever, it's Buzz so you can do the same stuff people do on Twitter.

4. It's really entertaining to viewers, like really entertaining
A big part of why MMA is so enjoyable is the build up, the tension then the fight and all of a sudden...BOOM! He win or he lost (depending on what you wanted) and Social Media is a big part of the build up; let's be honest, most of the biggest fights would not be as big if it weren't for the build up and it's the same for MMA tycoon, as I said earlier, I follow and watch some fighters for a number of reasons but a big part of why is because their is tension between two fighters, it could be respect for each other that they've gotten this far but now they have to add a mark to the opponents record in the fights lost or just hatred and putting your pride at stake for the sake of proving that you're better then them.

Overall...

Just because you don't like buzzing doesn't mean I hate you and think that you are a twit but I do think you should give it a shot as it's unappreciated.

I agree with most of this, I find it fun to look at Buzz and see what's happening on there. I wouldn't know the amazing fighter Bobby Dent and others because of it. A very small portion of the user base uses Buzz and it's a shame because it's a great feature that had time put into it. I think I'll start having my fighter use Buzz more often, great write up! 

• Upvote 2

In like the three times I've tried to use it since coming back I've;

- Tagged a guy somehow in a post the day I released his fighter from my org, looking like a passive aggressive bitch.

- Replied to someone's question, only to have their account deleted and my response directed towards Mike instead, looking like a passive aggressive bitch.

I mean, sure, I'm a passive aggressive bitch, but come on at least let me be one on my own terms.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, popart said:

I really liked using buzz when I first started, but for awhile now it seems like it has been nothing but terrible noobie trash talk and gay jokes. Not my cup of tea. I prefer to use the fighter interviews section of the forum, very underutilized imo

Come on now this is Buzz gold 

1586885207GBU.jpg

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, Alfred said:

And The Stepdads run off another manager. When will something be done about these bullies?

Goodbye Winger. Always a class act and will be missed. 

??? Winger is my homie, we talk at least once a week on discord. Him leaving had nothing to do with shit talk, just boredom of the game. 

• Ernieply changed the title to I wish more people used Buzz