League of Leagues - Reboot Part Deux

rjs2442

6 hours ago, rjs2442 said:

Good luck to everyone in the LoL playoffs.  Winners will move on to Quarter Finals which will be taking place in CFC on 02/26 and the final will also take place in CFC on 03/19.

see you all at the after party!

Do you mean winners will move on to the Semi-Final?

Who is in the Semi-Final now? 

Ladislas Galopin, Big Smoke, Padraig Ahearn, & Sergeant Smash?

Yes, the semi finals will be...

Ladislas Galopin (377585) v Sergeant "Boom" Smash (377626)
Big Smoke (377560) (377560) v Padraig Ahearn (377637)

These fighters will be put on loan to sign with CFC to finish this bad boy out!  Thank you all who stuck this horrid thing out thus far and a special high five to gwad for getting to continue this misery!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

5h33Jb-fmBrZ5NiHbECMY357FWK8yV9KYcE0Zrqp

In our first Semi Final matchup we see Padraig Ahearn taking on Big Smoke.  Ahearn is an excellent boxer with KO Power and a sneaky BJJ game.  Standing across from him in the cage will be Big Smoke who possesses a Solid Boxing game to go with a Decent Wrestling skillset.   Ahearn comes in riding a 4-fight win streak which included 3 consecutive to turn around his fortunes that had seen him suffer 4 straight losses during the second round.  On the other side of the cage Smoke started out the second round with consecutive losses before rattling off 6 straight KO finishes before being put to sleep less then a minute into the first round of his week 9 matchup.  During the R1 playoff matchup against Everest Frank, Ahearn turned the tables on Frank after being taken down and was able to slap on a guillotine choke and put Frank to sleep earning himself an upset win securing his spot in tonight’s Semi Final fight.  In Smokes Playoff matchup he was able to dominate his opponent Carlos Lopez during the first round both at range and inside the clinch and then followed that up with a devastating second round which saw him knock Lopez down twice, the final blow is still being discussed to this day to decide if it was Smoke’s power or Lopez’s aggressive sprint towards his opponent’s quick jab that turned out the lights.  This fight is a rematch following their initial dance in Round 2 Week 2 that saw these warriors exchange a couple strikes before Smoke took the fight into the clinch where he was winning the battle before Ahearn was able to pull guard and instantly slapped on an armbar ending Smoke’s evening prior to the 2-minute mark of Round 1.  I am sure both fighters have learned from what was successful and what was not in their first meeting as they set their game plan in place, I can’t wait for this one, tune in to see it go down, I know I will!

• Upvote 2

USqkX7rSdMOcS9KtCNa4Bkej1J_tOyYMwz51Kz7V

Moving to our second semi final battle we have Ladislas Galopin facing off against Sergeant Smash.  Galopin is a good wrestler with some KO Power whereas Smash has himself a Granite Chin to go with his Excellent boxing skills but don’t let him fool you, he can also take the fight to the ground if he feels that’s where he has the advantage.  Galopin is easily the highest ranked fighter to make it this far and has the record to prove it, following a devastating TKO loss in his opening fight of the tourney he has gone on to knock off 17 of his next 18 opponents which includes a current 7 fight win streak.  Smash had a shaky start to the second round of the playoffs losing 3 of his first 5 however the last loss must have sparked something in him as since he has enjoyed a 5-fight win streak.  During his first round playoff matchup, Galopin took on Terry Tungsten and wasted very little time at all in taking the fight to the ground, quickly advanced to side control and then bent Terrys arm to an angle it is not supposed to bend, I still don’t know how that Americana did not snap it like a twig while Tungsten tapped faster then good ole Conor when Diaz sunk in his choke hold!!  I still say that was leadership driven for Tungsten but who am I?  Looking back on Smash’s first round matchup, he took on replacement Laughing Panda when his original opponent Phil Cosby when his previous life had caught up to him and he was placed back behind bars.  Early in the first round Panda took Smash down on 2 occasions however was not able to make much of the situation as they scrambled around a little but not much was happening causing the ref to stand the fighters up both times.  By then Smash had had enough of the silly games and unloaded with a massive counter right that dazed Panda greatly and a Left hook put out the lights!  Once again following this fight Smash seems confused on what his goals and intentions are here as for the 9 consecutive post fight comments, he begged like a little girl for a title shot, something that has never been at play here, if you ask me, I think he has taken one too many shots to the dome.  Much like our other semi final fight this one is also a rematch from round 2 of the LoL tourney, which saw the title day dreamer Smash suffer a first-round submission loss.  This was a boring affair as the only offence from either fighter on the feet were takedown attempts and much like his title aspirations Smash failed in his and then was dragged to the mat by Galopin.  From there Galopin had his way with him, moving into the dominate position and choking Smash out.  Here’s hoping this one tonight is a little more entertaining and I so hope we don’t have to hear that clown cry for a toy belt again tonight!!

• Upvote 3

1644007974463.jpg

LoL Semi Final Results

In the Co Main event of CFC 463 we enjoyed the first Semi Final showdown of the League of Leagues tournament.   As expected Galopin had no interest in taking on Smash on the feet and his focus was on getting to the ground as soon as humanly possible.   Smash did not show particularly good striking skills as he missed with a big uppercut and then landed an insignificant body punch before easily being dragged down to the mat.  It did not look good early as Galopin instantly advanced to full mount and Smash looked like he was done, you could see the fear in his eyes even from the nosebleed seats!  Smash squirmed around for a minute or so trying mightily to break free of the clutches of Galopin but all he was successful with was giving up his back where Galopin began his many failed submission attempts due to Smash’s apparent superior defensive skills, nah I prefer to say it was just pure luck.   Round 1 came to an end after well over 4 minutes of ground dominance by Galopin which I think clearly boosted his ego and belief in himself while my dear friend Smash slumped his shoulders and slowly made his way to his corner.  Round 2 began with a failed clinch attempt from Smash followed up with a punishing body punch which clearly took the sails out of Galopin as from there this one was basically all Smash.  Galopin failed in a takedown attempt and Smash put his superior boxing to use working a jab and a counter body shot that saw Galopin gasp for air.  A Brief exchange in the clinch saw both combatants trade uppercuts before Galopin escaped the clinch but was not able to escape with much more as a monster right hand landed by Smash sent Galopin briefly to the canvas but was able to bounce right back to his feet where he convinced himself he was good to go, too bad that uppercut had other ideas as once again Galopin hit the floor, only this time there was no bounce back, more like a sickening thud as he was out cold before he hit the mat.  At 1:13 of the second round we have our first Finalist for all the glory and a nice chunk of change Sergeant Smash.  And look at that folk’s, this clown didn’t beg for a title fight this time around, goes to show you how classless he and his manager are, am I right??

Moving to the Main Event and second Semi Final matchup Big Smoke got us started with a powerful jab that saw Ahearn’s head snap back which must have sparked something in him as he quickly got payback with a sniper like shot to the breadbasket.  In true form Smoke returned fire with a right to the side of Ahearn’s head, these guys are not taking any prisoners here they are going for it!!  Smoke threw out a quick job/cross combo landing both successfully however failed in his next two strikes and Ahearn made him pay with a nice uppercut.   Ahearn must have felt he was getting the better of their exchanges as he landed successful another powerful uppercut before missing on his follow up strike attempts and taking a counter punch right on the button.  At the 1-minute mark these warriors exchanged right hand attempts with only Ahearn being successful before Smoke faked him out with a right and then dropped Ahearn to one knee with a powerful left leaving Ahearn wobbly and trying to clinch and hold on to regain his senses.  Smoke said thanks but no thanks and threw him to the mat and began raining down shots causing Ahearn to tap faster then Sergeant Smash did back in round 2 in his previous showdown with Galopin, man that one was embarrassing too, am I right?  At 1:18 of the very first round we have our second finalist Big Smoke, and the stage is set.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, gwad12345 said:

Smash's success is really eating you up inside, huh? Amazing what is achievable under management that doesn't send him out in crutches every week.

Funny thing is him and his manager are the only ones to complain even though they knew what they had signed up for!  Best of luck in the final, May the best man win!

• 3 weeks later...

1646592392469.1.jpg

LoL Finals

Well folks the time has finally come, and the sun has risen for the final time before we witness the final showdown to determine who is the 2022 League of Leagues Champion.  Lining up to get their hands on the full little loot bag is Sergeant “Boom” Smash facing off against Big Smoke.  Smoke steps into the cage on a 6-fight winning streak and will no doubt be begging once again for a fake little title he will never actually win while Smoke has won 8 of his last 9 showdowns.  Smash earned his spot in the final with a brutal KO victory against Ladislas Galopin.  Early in their matchup Galopin had his way with Smash getting the early takedown and maintaining position on the ground throughout the initial round however Smash had different ideas when the bell rang to kick things off in round two stuffing a takedown attempt and working Galopins body over with strikes before sending him to the mat with a big right hand.  Initially it appeared Galopin had recovered but that was not the case as Smash hit him with a devastating uppercut knocking him out cold before he even bounced off the canvas.   In the second Semi Final matchup Big Smoke made quick work of Padraig Ahearn making him tap out under a barrage of strikes on the canvas at the 1:18 minute mark of the first round.  This sets the stage for us as we will see if Smash’s chin can hold up to the power of Smoke who has enjoyed all 18 wins in his career via (T)KO stoppages or will Smash change gears and look to use his slight ground advantage to his favor and grind out a victory there?  Both fighters are very similar in skill and success rating, neither ever throwing a kick of any kind in well over 40 fights and enjoying 50%+ success in their head and body punches.  Clinch isn’t much different as Smoke has enjoyed just slightly better results in close however   a gameplan used often in Smash’s career is grinding down his opponent in the clinch and then going for the kill.  Most can assume how this one will go however perhaps one of these warriors will pull out a surprise or 2 catching their opponent off guard on the road to victory.  All I know is I am sure we are all hoping this one ends in spectacular fashion and not a boring roll fest on the ground, am I right?  Tune in tonight live from LA to find out who gets Louie’s money!!

• Upvote 1

Well folks last nights LoL final did not dissapoint!  Sergeant Smash showed a tonne of heart as he did everything he could to stay in the fight but on this night Big Smoke was just too much.  After a pair of knockdowns during the 2nd round at the hands of Smoke, Smash came out swinging in the 3rd round and even mixed in a failed takedown before getting hit with another monster counter right dropping him to the floor a third time.  From there Smash was not able to recover and Smoke continued to light him up until the referee had seen enough and called an end to the evening.

Your winner of the third installment of the League of Leagues tourney by way of TKO strikes is Big Smoke

As the winner Big Smoke is taking home the following:

1st Place Winning amount of $10,000,000
3 Months of VIP
A shiny trophy (once I figure out how to do these)
lol_award_gold.png

Runner up Sergeant Smash takes home the following:

2nd Place (Runner Up) amount of $2,000,000

Congratulations to both of our finalists and to all other participants, I couldn't have pulled off this tourney without your involvement!!

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

Having evaluated his future career prospects, Big Smoke has decided to take an early retirement to the Bahamas, via Cluckin' Bell of course.

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Big Smoke

Big Smoke - Hiddens Report.

Intelligence: 44/150.
Heart: 90/150.
Chin: 71/150.
Injury Proneness: 89/150.
Self Confidence: 78/150.
Cuts: 135/150.
Fast Learner: 80/150.
Natural KO: 122/150.
Average: 88.6/150. Rank: 75,882 out of 216,510 (top 35%)

Experience: 147/150.
Potential: 120/123. (Min 96).
Age Drop Off: 28 years.

Days of Cuts: 0 (Rank: 225,684)
Days of Injuries: 88 (Rank: 15,420)

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, OptimalMMAPicks said:

Having evaluated his future career prospects, Big Smoke has decided to take an early retirement to the Bahamas, via Cluckin' Bell of course.

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Big Smoke

Big Smoke - Hiddens Report.

Intelligence: 44/150.
Heart: 90/150.
Chin: 71/150.
Injury Proneness: 89/150.
Self Confidence: 78/150.
Cuts: 135/150.
Fast Learner: 80/150.
Natural KO: 122/150.
Average: 88.6/150. Rank: 75,882 out of 216,510 (top 35%)

Experience: 147/150.
Potential: 120/123. (Min 96).
Age Drop Off: 28 years.

Days of Cuts: 0 (Rank: 225,684)
Days of Injuries: 88 (Rank: 15,420)

You really won a tournament with this guy? That's godly shit Optimal, great work!