MMA Tycoon GOAT?

saklain

On 2/8/2022 at 7:44 PM, Rambo said:

This is the most complete and accurate list I've seen. How to actually rank these fighters would be debatable, but this list is about as good as you can get. 

59 minutes ago, Mentor said:

All i know is that when he lost his first fight, Deamus was telling me it was connected to some changes that were made, he lost 3 of 5, so clearly there was something wrong as Tonal was just 30 at the time. More changes happened when he already retired, if i am not mistaken transitions etc happened while retired?

However you put it, you cannot consider the Womba vs Tonal as being peak vs peak. You had a retired manager, out of the game fighting with a fighter who was retired and just coming off a bad run of 5 fights. 

The GOAT himself, Mr Templeton set the sliders. 

LT at the time said his ground game had went down a fair bit (he had no transitions etc). Tonal at the time still had good stand up skills. 

Deamus was leaving the game. He told me that the millionaires tournament would probably be his last. I talked him around into fighting GMG who was also leaving the game to give GMG one last chance at beating Tonal (which he did). 

As far as engine changes etc? That had nothing to do with it. Deamus was just fed up with the game and the game changes didn't occur until later that year. 

That being said i'd still take Tonal over Womba. Tonal was forever fighting the best managers and best fighters. Womba seemed to be stuck in a loop of fighting CK or Ryo (who as Chris will tell you had mediocre hiddens). He fought in an era catered to counter takedowns. We seen the rise of guys like Danny Power etc during that time all because of the counter takedowns. Once they were gone then so were those fighters.  

11 hours ago, ArtieBanks said:

That being said i'd still take Tonal over Womba. Tonal was forever fighting the best managers and best fighters. Womba seemed to be stuck in a loop of fighting CK or Ryo (who as Chris will tell you had mediocre hiddens). He fought in an era catered to counter takedowns. We seen the rise of guys like Danny Power etc during that time all because of the counter takedowns. Once they were gone then so were those fighters.  

Tonal wasn't doing anything that Womba wasn't doing. So I don't understand the narrative. Everybody has a preference. I don't use Womba's win, nor Tonal's win, over each other, as any metric to the GOAT debate. I think just look at their resumes and their body of work. Tonal was great. He really was. But Womba had a better career.

How many top P4P fighters did each beat? How many top w/c fighters did each beat? I'm pretty damn sure if you line this up across the board, Womba's standing like a foot over Tonal. The only thing Womba didn't do that Tonal did, was beat up fat Heavyweights in the body gassing era.

Also, I had the best LHW roster in the game. If you remove Tonal and Womba. Taj, Moses, Nabijos, all #1 W/C fighters and 2/3 would've been #1. Diggs was #2 when he ran into Tonal's juiced up KO power.

I'm also probably the best manager Deamus ever fought, he fought me once. Womba beat me 6 times... some really good fighters too. But Womba beat me 6 times out of 40+ wins. Tonal had a smaller body of work.

Kelly beat me, Kelly beat you, Kelly beat LT...

And also Dean, since you're so adamant about Syn not winning org of the year because of cheating and fairplay...

Tonal was farmed on a multi account. He popped granite chin and released after a victory so Deamus could pick him up.

Richard Davenport (10647) - immediately snatched him up

Xavier Stone (10940) - released Tonal after GAMMA debut

Pops granite in QFC. Signs to GAMMA (LOD alliance). Releases after GAMMA debut TKO win and getting the "Power to score a KO here" text.

He was a multi-farmed, Moyses Mattos style project.

There used to be a bug where you could see fighters hiddens upon creation. @MMATycoon can confirm this if he remembers.

It got nerfed fairly quickly, but I know a guy HBK that used to do it. The bug was definitely active early in 2009. There's a small chance even, that Deamus knew Tonal's hiddens before picking him up. I would bet he didn't, because he waited til after the "power to score a KO" in his GAMMA debut to pop before releasing him into FA. And if you know hiddens, why not release before QFC...

OK adding this too...

He fought in an era catered to counter takedowns. We seen the rise of guys like Danny Power etc during that time all because of the counter takedowns. Once they were gone then so were those fighters.  

Tonal was a TD + GNP machine. How many times did Tonal land counter takedowns, or even better, takedowns into mount?

TD's into mount FTW:
https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=431053
https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=430928

Tonal Counter TD FTW:
Tonal vs Lavey
Tonal vs Bubba R1
100% counter era and counter TD
Lands 2 counter TD

Tonal benefited from same shit.

BTW if we're arguing who the BETTER FIGHTER was, Tonal, hands down. Better legacy? More accolades? Womba easily takes the cake imho.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

7 hours ago, ArtieBanks said:

Womba seemed to be stuck in a loop of fighting CK or Ryo (who as Chris will tell you had mediocre hiddens). 

Ryo had a dangerous hidden combination. He had remarkable heart. Almost elite confidence. Sensational KO power. His chin was average. Below average IQ. More than enough for an elite manager to make some noise. Yeah, chin was average, but heart and KO power make it deadly to ping him. Far from elite. Definitely what we'd look at and probably feel like he was medicore, but probably safe to say that he was a superb-remarkable level fighter.

Ryo Narushima - Hiddens Report.

Intelligence: 28/150.
Heart: 106/150.
Chin: 75/150.
Injury Proneness: 4/150. (really should be 146/150 since low injury proneness is a good thing)
Self Confidence: 139/150.
Cuts: 51/150.
Fast Learner: 101/150.
Natural KO: 131/150.
Average: 97.125% (adjusted average)

Moses Diggs - Hiddens Report.

Intelligence: 68/150.
Heart: 71/150.
Chin: 107/150.
Injury Proneness: 49/150.
Self Confidence: 127/150.
Cuts: 24/150.
Fast Learner: 142/150.
Natural KO: 145/150.
Average: 91.6/150. Rank: 59,624 out of 215,218 (top 28%)
Age Drop Off: 30 years.

You want to see some real mediocrity.

Samor Kanen - Hiddens Report.

Intelligence: 24/150.
Heart: 25/150.
Chin: 99/150.
Injury Proneness: 63/150.
Self Confidence: 87/150.
Cuts: 26/150.
Fast Learner: 120/150.
Natural KO: 118/150.
Average: 70.3/150. Rank: 171,639 out of 215,218 (top 80%)

Experience: 147/150.
Potential: 118/123. (Min 96).
Age Drop Off: 28 years.

Still good enough to smash the GAMMA champ though.

9 hours ago, Rambo said:

too long to quote

The first part I need to address of the bat is the counter takedown. The CTD was a slider introduced which empowered counter takedowns. You could still land a counter takedown prior but that was down to dice roll where as the slider meant you could take away that dice roll completely. It was overtuned to start with and Mike eventually nerf'd it to the point we have the game as it is today. He also fixed escapes at the same time which saw the downfall of many of the fighters in the CTD era. 

Secondly, you got an IP match to prove that? Mattos etc all got IP checked on it. To play devils advocate - there is a chance Deamus just saw him and picked him up. Stopping someone else from farming. 

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=165438 was someone I picked up off the FA list. It looks by all means farmed. Same with https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=250649. Neither of which is the case and without the user still being there we can't see if he was an actual player who just up and quit or was a multi used to farm granite chins like Mattos did. Deamus was also part of The Manhattan Project - LOD wasn't even created when he retired.

The final thing i'd say on that point is that Tonal was created the same way any fighter was created. What happened with Syn was like Wolf and Aaron - juicing up their fighters by hacking the game. They juiced up their org by exploiting the game and having an infinite source of money.

Kelly was 1-1 vs LT with Womba - LT won the match before the CTD changes and Womba won the fight after it. Between me and you during Womba's run - 9-1.  10 fights out of 22. I mean in one of the fights you actually took Womba down with Diggs and got tapped lmao. I had to literally throw the kitchen sink just to stand a chance against her ground game because at the time you just could not do fuck all about it. 

As far as you being the best manager that Deamus fought? GMG/Mogul, Opa? Jacky, Barn, Jbomb? They all had the same number of votes as you or more in the 2011 Manager of the year discussions. Actually outside of Edwards and Mattos - Deamus defeated every manager nominated in that thread. As far who fighters who tonal beat? 14 different fighters who reached #1 in their weight class . Plenty more who reached #2 and #3. You are using hindsight wrong in this regard. He fought the very best that was there during that time period. It took you years to accomplish what you have to the point you consider yourself the GOAT. Most guys have a body of work nearly three times less than yours yet accomplished more than you in that four year period. That isn't saying you weren't a very good manager at the time - you were. You just don't seem to either remember or want to acknowledge that back then they were some very fucking good managers kicking about. 

As far as Ryo goes - he had elite injury proneness, plus plus power, plus heart and plus learner (relatively slow compared to most). His average chin in a division where granite chins were typically the only guys who reached the top is as you said down to slider fu than relying on hiddens. I'll take the elite manager thing as a compliment though - thanks. 

14 hours ago, ArtieBanks said:

Secondly, you got an IP match to prove that? Mattos etc all got IP checked on it. To play devils advocate - there is a chance Deamus just saw him and picked him up. Stopping someone else from farming. 

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=165438 was someone I picked up off the FA list. It looks by all means farmed. Same with https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=250649. Neither of which is the case and without the user still being there we can't see if he was an actual player who just up and quit or was a multi used to farm granite chins like Mattos did. Deamus was also part of The Manhattan Project - LOD wasn't even created when he retired.

Those 2 accounts you linked were VIP managers who went inactive. Topo made avatars. The other guy was in some Brazilian alliance iirc.

Also, those accounts weren't made 1-2 days after yours. Look at the ID's. What are the odds? Damn near none. And of all the orgs to sign... GAMMA? Deamus' alliance... Hmmm. 🤔

Kelly was 1-1 vs LT with Womba - LT won the match before the CTD changes and Womba won the fight after it. Between me and you during Womba's run - 9-1.  10 fights out of 22. I mean in one of the fights you actually took Womba down with Diggs and got tapped lmao. I had to literally throw the kitchen sink just to stand a chance against her ground game because at the time you just could not do fuck all about it. 

Wait? You mean Moses tried to score TD and win via GNP? 😲 IDK why a fighter with elite KO power, elite wrestling, and elite GNP would ever consider such things? It was his style. Fedor doesn't get scared of Big Nog's guard.

I think we could've nerfed Womba ground game a lot more. People just weren't aware of the super cheesy ground defense with 100% control and 80-90% counter. The ground game hasn't changed. Ref stand ups always been grappler kryptonite.

Tonal's streak vs top competition was 18-4 (I'm starting with everything post back to back GAMMA losses to J Breaker).

If Womba's streak fighting top comp starts at EMPIRE (despite fighting plenty of top comp prior to signing there like Murdock #2 P4P, Marshall #4 P4P, Sullivan #11 P4P, Nabijos #17 P4P) then Womba went 21-2-1.

Tonal's age drop off 33 y/o. He walked away at 30 y/o. None of his losses, minus Womba, were post age drop off. Womba hit age drop off at 35. Went 6-6 post age drop off. 1-1 vs Tonal. Before age drop off, Womba was 40-6-1. Tonal was 35-8.... 33-8 if you don't count the QFC multi fights.

As far as you being the best manager that Deamus fought? GMG/Mogul, Opa? Jacky, Barn, Jbomb? They all had the same number of votes as you or more in the 2011 Manager of the year discussions. Actually outside of Edwards and Mattos - Deamus defeated every manager nominated in that thread. As far who fighters who tonal beat? 14 different fighters who reached #1 in their weight class .

Womba fought 21 times against fighters that reached #1 in their weight class. Didn't bother with the rest of it, but Womba clearly has more legacy points by every metric.

It took you years to accomplish what you have to the point you consider yourself the GOAT. Most guys have a body of work nearly three times less than yours yet accomplished more than you in that four year period. That isn't saying you weren't a very good manager at the time - you were. You just don't seem to either remember or want to acknowledge that back then they were some very fucking good managers kicking about. 

Dude, so wrong lol. I've been one of the very best managers in this game since I stepped down at 2009. Did I have the best fighters? No. But I wasn't farming fighters on a multi and picking up granite chin prospects lol.

Look at my first batch of 18 year olds, ever.

"The Godfather" Don Marciano #1 P4P

"One Bad Man" Moses Diggs #2 P4P

"The Tasmanian Devil" Taj al Din #1 P4P

"Just a Buffalo Soldier" Bob Chong #35 P4P (CFC HW HOF career)

"The Mighty" Qing Kong #1 P4P KT (zero confidence)

And what happened? I became reliant on picking up FA goods and stopped cooking my own homegrown projects. Had a full roster for years, these fighters above created in 2010 and some didn't retire until 2014-2015.

I never had another large batch of projects, literally until 350K. I basically got stuck how LT got stuck. Picking up FA leftovers, and not creating/farming your own fighters. Your roster ages out.

"Deus de Guerra" Pluto Palhares (#2 P4P - EVO champ)

Ben "Balls of " Stone (#21 P4P - chinless, #2 W/C, Syn and ONI champ)

Leonidas "卍eus ☮" Katsaros (#9 P4P, #2 W/C)

"Heartless" Patrick McWhiskey (#5 P4P, #1 W/C)

Ichiro "War Machine" Takahashi (#38 P4P, #3 W/C, CEC champ)

"Rasta" Ziggy Cliff (#16 P4P, #2 W/C)

Musashi "Kamikaze" Kato (#37 P4P, #1 W/C)

Enzo "Knuckle�head" Moretti (#21 P4P, #2 W/C, EVO and CEC champ)

I know you've always had a hard time accepting this, but before you even joined Convicted people considered me one of the GOATs 🤷‍♂️

I've been "top manager" elite level since 2009-2010. In 2010 I got to #1 manager fairly quickly after my comeback. I was #9 ranked manager before disappearing near end of 2009.

shiiiiiiiiit I did all this while living a life and doing shit most of ya'll can't relate to or even fathom 😈
^^^ which is a good thing, but poor man Lee Murray dominated the tycoon circuit and street life for a long time

See the source image

The life of a male prostitute is both dangerous and exciting.

Gotta remember, LT and me go back to DBA in the MMArmy days before tycoon.

If LT were to do a HOF speech, I'm sure I'd be one of the few people he mentions. If I were to do a HOF speech, he'd be one of the few people I mention. We helped each other plenty, and more than adequately operated on our own. We're the GOATs for a reason 😇

btw, idgaf if Tonal was multi-farmed or not. Irrelevant to how I compare his career to Womba's. I was always on Team Tonal when it came to who the more talented fighter was, but career wise, Womba has more legacy points.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, soyster89 said:

Lance, CK, and Avon would be my top 3 of all time. 

triple goats 🐐🐐🐐

tycoon dream team

Shoutout @Avon  he would definitely be in a real ninjas HOF speech‍👤🏆

In 2009 Avon was the #1 manager in the game teaming up with the new hotness on the block, the KO Kid, the future GOAT.

Instantly won the tag team championship and been pissing excellence ever since.

i wonder if he regrets creating a monster 😈😈😈

When it comes down to LT and myself. You can't put 2 GOAT's on the same team. 🐐🐐 double GOAT bro. it's just not fair.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

Once again too long to quote

As you have already said #1 manager is something that you can can crush your way to success. That being said you weren't one of those people you always wanted to fight the top competition even if it was to your own detriment (Womba being the prime example of this). Even you laughed at the Diggs thing and it had a few of us in chat scratching our heads at it. You could have fluked a TD into mount but the risk imo wasn't worth the reward especially with how prolific Womba was at submissions. 

Ryo had wonderful defensive grap and 0 transitions or escapes because he didn't have the points to spare. We were well aware of the cheesy control technique. The problem was that Kelly was well adept at ground sliders and there is actually a way of countering it. I did it with Crassus prior to the CTD era. The biggest difference really was people either went control/counter or very aggro control - it was three controls to a stand up iirc. So people used to cheese the life out of it. However with the changes that were made with the CTD that was nerf'd quite a bit. If Womba got you down then you were staying down for a bit. 

As far as Womba fighting 21 times against #1 WC fighters - 7 of those times were against either Ryo or Diggs. He also lost one of those times. Womba was 23 fights into his career before he fought his first #1 fighter in Murdock (who for lack of a better word absolutely smoked Womba). Marshall also got a dub. Pat got a draw, Prijovic, Tonal Bennet and McWhiskey all got dubs also. Therefore Womba won 13 of those times and drew once. Tonal on the other hand beat 14 different guys who made it to the #1 spot. If we include the L's and rematches then it is 19. 2 more isn't exactly 'standing a foot taller than Tonal'. 

Tonal didn't just go up the weight classes to fight legends such as Bubba, Glory and Mjolnir. He went down the weight classes and fought Reinikainen and Protagonist both of whom were #1 MW's at the time (he also lost to Disposition who was a MW). While Womba fought McDermot to a draw, Murdock twice - one L one W. 

When I joined you were considered one of the better managers. People argued over Luke and Avon as the best (2009 MOTY vs 2010 MOTY). By the end of 2012, Mr Templeton entered the conversation and by 2013 LT had ended that conversation. Probably around 2014-2015 your name was circulated as one of the best - but never the best - you were mentioned below Avon but above Luke. That title was LT's and LT's alone. That is when I left LT was firmly in the part time column (I never directly asked but I am guessing once you reach the summit of the Tycoon Everest twice it just becomes boring to try and climb it again). I may be harsh in saying you were very good at the time. You are an elite manager and have been since I joined the game and prior. However, saying that you were the best Deamus faced at that time - no. I'd have ranked GMG higher (even more so with hindsight knowing he was Mogul also). The other guys I mentioned weren't any slouches either. All of them are guys i'd consider elites (despite Jacky being a troll he beat Bankrupt to the point he quit and gave GMG a skelped arse a few times). 

Just to touch on the Deamus - GAMMA thing. Deamus was in TMP with guys like Gable etc who worked for Blitz. He also had Bokhari in Syn - he had a LW that I can't remember the name of in NFC and other guys dotted across the area. People only remember that he fought in GAMMA because of Tonal and having to deal with Mentor if you wanted a superfight. The main reason I doubt it is that Deamus had a few fighters and only Tonal looks farmed. So he either just did it once or it is a coincidence. 

It is probably easier to do a mount rushmore of LHW's. al Din, Bennet, Tonal and Womba (alphabetical order btw) and just leave it at that because there is barely a gingers pecker between the pair of them and we could argue the merits all day. 

Taj is probably 4th on that list. Maybe slides in front of Bennet if you compare entire career.

This guy should've been on that LHW GOAT list but rotted on Matt Cave's roster:

Colin Croft - Hiddens Report.

Intelligence: 32/150.
Heart: 103/150.
Chin: 145/150.
Injury Proneness: 69/150.
Self Confidence: 137/150.
Cuts: 144/150.
Fast Learner: 132/150.
Natural KO: 139/150.
Average: 112.6/150. Rank: 3,550 out of 215,228 (top 2%)

Age Drop Off: 29 years.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

Taj is probably 4th on that list. Maybe slides in front of Bennet if you compare entire career.

He was probably the biggest what if with a bad age drop off. When I first got him and un-retired him within two weeks he was de-popping. It was clear he had elite power, chin and confidence but by the time he got around to November his elites had went to sens. Fuse throwing a hail mary and hitting those head kicks was a pain. Makinwa loss was me just not paying any attention since I had just smoked Makinwa a fight prior. By the time the Seia fight etc came around I already had a foot out the door and was ready for doing the off. IIRC he was barely sens in his last fight in most of his seconds + physicals. 

Bennet had the run but really fizzled out after his L. Although the U21 tournament was really quite good in showcasing some of the best talent around. Bennet really only fought 14 times outside of an ID org and lost 4 of those times (under JLP). He kinda hit the sweet spot between the old kings declining (Womba, Taj, Diggs, Ryo and Yance) and the new kings rising Renato, Seia et al. I'd put al Din ahead of him. 

7 hours ago, ArtieBanks said:

He was probably the biggest what if with a bad age drop off. When I first got him and un-retired him within two weeks he was de-popping. It was clear he had elite power, chin and confidence but by the time he got around to November his elites had went to sens. Fuse throwing a hail mary and hitting those head kicks was a pain. Makinwa loss was me just not paying any attention since I had just smoked Makinwa a fight prior. By the time the Seia fight etc came around I already had a foot out the door and was ready for doing the off. IIRC he was barely sens in his last fight in most of his seconds + physicals. 

Bennet had the run but really fizzled out after his L. Although the U21 tournament was really quite good in showcasing some of the best talent around. Bennet really only fought 14 times outside of an ID org and lost 4 of those times (under JLP). He kinda hit the sweet spot between the old kings declining (Womba, Taj, Diggs, Ryo and Yance) and the new kings rising Renato, Seia et al. I'd put al Din ahead of him. 

Career wise, yeah absolutely Taj gets the nob, not even close, but Bennet was #1 P4P and 27-0 or some shit, coming off a win over the previous LHW GOAT. You screenshot that guy and he's better imo.

Taj would have murdered him tho, on any given sunday. 😈

8 minutes ago, poraan said:

I have always felt like when my fighter does super good he will disappoint. When i have horrible fighter he will surprise.

Jacky Chan was best at beginning of 2010s, but in the end im not sure was he really that good.😁

Don Marciano - Hiddens Report. (CK)

Intelligence: 101/150.
Heart: 100/150.
Chin: 102/150.
Injury Proneness: 121/150.
Self Confidence: 113/150.
Cuts: 72/150.
Fast Learner: 124/150.
Natural KO: 76/150.
Average: 101.1/150. Rank: 22,036 out of 215,239 (top 10%)

Afro Samurai - Hiddens Report. (Jacky)

Intelligence: 57/150.
Heart: 129/150.
Chin: 134/150.

Injury Proneness: 133/150.
Self Confidence: 150/150.
Cuts: 135/150.
Fast Learner: 108/150.
Natural KO: 141/150.
Average: 123.4/150. Rank: 266 out of 215,239 (top 0%)

CK ends 27 fight win streak stealing #1 headband

In favor of your winner, by unanimous decision... Don Marciano!
Don Marciano made sure to give a little speech post fight, saying 'Game engine screwy? Ticker break game? Mike Tycoon fix fight? Cry me a river. Go cry to Mother AA to rebuild your lost hype & pad your record. Afro Samurai vs some guy... that wasn't a can, and you lost. Aint that a kick in the head.'.

Nabijos vs Hype Stealer another cakewalk

9 hours ago, poraan said:

I have always felt like when my fighter does super good he will disappoint. When i have horrible fighter he will surprise.

Jacky Chan was best at beginning of 2010s, but in the end im not sure was he really that good.😁

It was the counter era that Jacky became famous for. He had a LHW called STP or The Pendulum  who was a nutty 215cm. Landed almost every head punch in that era. He was 24-0 before Tonal put an end to him. He also had Afro who he can crushed his way to the #1 P4P trophy. He basically fought AA one a fortnight. Trolled everyone which was always good fun. Then CK danced his way to a UD victory over him before I sent his head into space. Jacky kinda disappeared after that. 

He was good during the counter era but failed really to adapt to the game changes and left. 

It was the counter era that Jacky became famous for. He had a LHW called STP or The Pendulum  who was a nutty 215cm. Landed almost every head punch in that era. He was 24-0 before Tonal put an end to him. He also had Afro who he can crushed his way to the #1 P4P trophy. He basically fought AA one a fortnight. Trolled everyone which was always good fun. Then CK danced his way to a UD victory over him before I sent his head into space. Jacky kinda disappeared after that. 

He was good during the counter era but failed really to adapt to the game changes and left. 

The old 2 most famous words in tycoon "You Jelly"

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2022 at 10:34 PM, Rambo said:

now thats a fighter i would love to have, excellent hiddens