The Quest for the QFC

Alfred

On 8/7/2021 at 4:27 AM, Zello said:

QFC times need to be shorter. Maybe 1 day between fights instead of 2.

Unpopular suggestion but I think we're gonna need some CPU Fighters in QFCs.

It kinda gets people used to the marathon and not a sprint type of game this is. However, lowering the number of days isn't the worst thing. The other thing Mike could do is just take away the cities when it comes to matching up in QFC. There are fighters in the same weight class and level but in different cities waiting for a fight. If you take away the city limitation it should avoid the CPU fighters. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Zello said:

There should be more incentives to make 18 year old fighters fight frequently in the QFCs. More fights you take more money you earn regardless of record or maybe your skills progress faster idk.

Reduce the energy loss from QFCs significantly and tack on a huge learning speed boost for a week or two after having one of your first 5 or so fights.

The only downside of that is QFC isn't really meant to be a core part of the game. That's why apparently you get capped out at a relatively low hype. You're supposed to be incentivized to join an org run by a user.

I'd say my favourite solutions would be;

1) Remove cities from QFC

2) Released fighters don't instantly retire and are CPU led QFC fighters.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, clydebankblitz said:

The only downside of that is QFC isn't really meant to be a core part of the game. That's why apparently you get capped out at a relatively low hype. You're supposed to be incentivized to join an org run by a user.

I'd say my favourite solutions would be;

1) Remove cities from QFC

2) Released fighters don't instantly retire and are CPU led QFC fighters.

None of this really incentivizes QFCs over taking 3 min test fights, cooking your guys for a decade and then joining an org. Don't get me wrong, I really like your first point in particular.

As for QFCs not being a core part of the game, I disagree. Getting quick QFC fights is a huge part of the hook for new players. We should incentivize everyone to take QFCs in order to try and increase new player retention IMO.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 6:34 AM, Mannetosen said:

As for QFCs not being a core part of the game, I disagree. Getting quick QFC fights is a huge part of the hook for new players. We should incentivize everyone to take QFCs in order to try and increase new player retention IMO.

Btw I completely agree about QFC being an important part but just in terms of game mechanics, it's clearly designed to push you into an org over fighting in QFC since you get hype capped quickly. I mean it's not a core part by design rather than practice.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve not been around for a while so I’m not fully up to speed on what’s been happening in the tycoon world lately so forgive me if this has been brought up and dismissed as a bad idea already.

So years ago we had a user run QFC org. I didn’t partake in it but I always liked the idea of someone doing something a bit different. I know at various points other org owners had suggested it for vacant divisions they had going but I’m not sure of its success when tried out. Without getting too bogged down in details, do you all think there would be enough interest to create an org to facilitate QFC style fights? My immediate thoughts are that it automatically tackles the problem people have pointed out here of 2 guys in the same division but in different cities not getting matched up. I know there could be a lot of details to iron out but could something like this be helpful and are there enough managers and fighters to utilise it?

I’m pretty sure the org I am talking about ran it as no fighter training with regular fights which I had always thought of trying out when I had considered getting back into the org game. I’m not sure however what happened to it. Did it just run its course or were there problems with the concept? Anyway, it could be run that way or purely for guys who will want one off fights. I’d be interested in chatting about this with some of you and if it is something that would be of benefit and worthwhile then I’d be happy in running such a thing as part of my return to this life.

4 hours ago, jefframrod said:

I’ve not been around for a while so I’m not fully up to speed on what’s been happening in the tycoon world lately so forgive me if this has been brought up and dismissed as a bad idea already.

So years ago we had a user run QFC org. I didn’t partake in it but I always liked the idea of someone doing something a bit different. I know at various points other org owners had suggested it for vacant divisions they had going but I’m not sure of its success when tried out. Without getting too bogged down in details, do you all think there would be enough interest to create an org to facilitate QFC style fights? My immediate thoughts are that it automatically tackles the problem people have pointed out here of 2 guys in the same division but in different cities not getting matched up. I know there could be a lot of details to iron out but could something like this be helpful and are there enough managers and fighters to utilise it?

I’m pretty sure the org I am talking about ran it as no fighter training with regular fights which I had always thought of trying out when I had considered getting back into the org game. I’m not sure however what happened to it. Did it just run its course or were there problems with the concept? Anyway, it could be run that way or purely for guys who will want one off fights. I’d be interested in chatting about this with some of you and if it is something that would be of benefit and worthwhile then I’d be happy in running such a thing as part of my return to this life.

I think some iteration of what you suggest would be interesting but ultimately I don't know if there is enough of a player base to make it worth your while. Not compared to the relatively quick and simple fix of making QFC global. The other good thing about QFC is that is managers can't decline fights like little pussies. I feel that the types of people you'd get signing up to the org would be some of the worst for declining fights.

Would love to see you give it a try but mainly it would just be great to have an OG manager back in the game full time. Perhaps see CEC rise from the ashes in some way

7 hours ago, jefframrod said:

Pretty sure Mike nerfed it, it was a great fast way to build up fighters hype and all that jazz but like always guys complained until it got shut down.  I dont know for sure but if it was to be tried it would be good for being active and such but there would be no benefit to the fighter or Org as far as gains go.  If I am wrong I apologize, please correct me.

17 hours ago, Alfred said:

I think some iteration of what you suggest would be interesting but ultimately I don't know if there is enough of a player base to make it worth your while. Not compared to the relatively quick and simple fix of making QFC global. The other good thing about QFC is that is managers can't decline fights like little pussies. I feel that the types of people you'd get signing up to the org would be some of the worst for declining fights.

Would love to see you give it a try but mainly it would just be great to have an OG manager back in the game full time. Perhaps see CEC rise from the ashes in some way

To be honest, I’ve been looking at a way back into the game after a long time away. I’m pretty sure if I come back with just my own fighters I’m likely to fall away again quite easily but if I had something to keep me busy then I know I would commit to it. I wouldn’t have lasted as long as I did before without CEC to keep me busy.

I recall wait times for QFC being quite annoying before I left and when I read through this thread it seemed it hadn’t improved in any way so thought if there was something I could do then why not. Obviously if there isn’t much interest or need then I’ll look at other options but I’m keen to get involved with something again.

14 hours ago, rjs2442 said:

Pretty sure Mike nerfed it, it was a great fast way to build up fighters hype and all that jazz but like always guys complained until it got shut down.  I dont know for sure but if it was to be tried it would be good for being active and such but there would be no benefit to the fighter or Org as far as gains go.  If I am wrong I apologize, please correct me.

Yeah, now that I’ve read that it does ring a bell. In all honesty I was looking for something to keep me interested for a long time to come. Running an org done that for me and once I moved on from that it was never really the same so in returning I need a project of sorts beyond training and fighting my own stable. 

Making money and taking an org up the rankings wouldn’t be the primary reason for doing it. Just the enjoyment of doing it again would be enough. If it purely breaks even, gets me matchmaking again and offers something to the community then I’d be happy. 

So if people want or need some sort of QFC style org, even if it’s just something that’s a bit of fun with one or two of their fighter slots then I’d be happy to do something. If however, there just isn’t enough interest then cool, I’ll look at other possibilities. Like I say, I’ve been missing for a while so don’t really know what is wanted/needed.