HIGHLAND $6mil CREATION DATE TOURNAMENT

clydebankblitz

1 hour ago, clydebankblitz said:

So need some feedback from everyone. Would you prefer for me to post the entire schedule, as well as all the groups, right away? That way I'd be posting the manager's names rather than the fighters' names. Or is it better to wait until right before the finalisation date to post the schedule?

I say post everything now. I can't wait to find out who'll be my opening meal

• Upvote 1

On 10/10/2021 at 10:01 PM, MasterLeader said:

Post it all now I reckon - I’m sure everyone would be interested to find out.

Only negative is that some managers may create fighters to counter builds from other managers in their groups

I suppose the plus side is everyone has the same ability to do it them, so no one has an advantage.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jackking said:

Cheers Callum, very nice work so far.   
I was happy to sneak my way into the final spot and I'm looking forward to it!  

From what I can tell and aside from some possible bonuses,  it's winner take all.   Correct?   Or are there going to be prizes for 1-3, etc.? 

Yep, winner takes all. However some additional stuff is if someone wanted to run a test org for 2 weeks, they could make a few bucks from that. I'm also considering allowing people to bet on the fights by setting odds, but I'm scared I'm not smart enough at setting odds and end up losing all my money haha. If anyone's more intelligent at me in gambling odds, shoot me a message.

I was originally going to make some odds and make it with 100k bet limits, but thinking harder about it, I don't actually know enough about settings odds for events so to avoid losing an absolute fortune, we'll do it at a single $50k bet from each user.

I've went through the profiles and tried to set "likelihood" based on best ranks and recent wins. It's not an exact science. Consider me to be the bookie here and my goal is to get you to bet, and your goal is to beat me. So, if you're the underdog, slap some money on it and make me pay! haha. But I don't even really follow the game, know how to set sliders or build fighters, so take my odds with a pinch of salt and don't take em personally. This is just for fun. Also, I'll put in that if a bunch of people bet huge amounts on one guy, I may adjust my odds haha.

So, here are the odds below. Each person get's to make ONE $50k bet.  You are betting on who is going to win their group. Two people go through from each group, but this is a bet as to who is coming in first.

GROUP A
Jack King - 1/2
Master Leader - 3/2
Marius Catalin - 3/1
Jet - 10/1

GROUP B
Blaze King - 1/2
Rob Devastation - 3/2
Maurice Simmons - 3/2
Jimmy Normal - 2/1

GROUP C
Rodrigo Rojas - 2/1
Hector Bautista - 2/1
Scott Bandz - 2/1
Shape Shifter - 3/1

GROUP D
Judo Beau - 1/5
Lek Buddha - 3/2
Juice Box - 3/2
Jason Swanson - 3/1

GROUP E
Optimal - 1/4
Thomas Forrester - 3/2
Dakota Thibodeaux - 3/2
Aaron Aaronson - 4/1

GROUP F
Johnny Lee - 1/5
Tristan Finch - 3/2
Roman Benson - 3/2
Theocrates - 5/1

GROUP G
Hare Rumpler - 1/2
Dana White - 3/2
Kento King - 3/2
Joe Outlier - 4/1

GROUP H
G Wad - 1/5
Mickey Rafferty - 3/2
Aydan The Wandering Spirit - 3/2
Ben Hornby - 3/1

The deadline for these bets is Friday, October 15th. That way you're betting on the managers and not the hiddens etc. We may do something else before the event. Also I'm just going to edit in a rule; you can't bet on someone else from the same group that you manager a fighter in. All bets will be settled after the group stage (currently scheduled for December 10th).

If you want to bet, post your bet in this thread and then send through your money (max 50k) to my account; Callum McGregor (93705). This is just in case someone wants to chance their luck, throw down 50k on the 10/1 manager and then never post again if he doesn't win the group.

This is just supposed to be a little fun addition to make it a bit more exciting. Spread the word out to everyone to help get some people that haven't signed up to the tournament involved.

BETS

OptimalMMAPicks - 50k Scott Bandz at 3/1

TheMatth99 - 50k Scott Bandz at 3/1

Jimmy Normal - 50k Jimmy Normal at 2/1

Master Leader - 50k Scott Bandz at 3/1

Scott Bandz - 50k Jet at 10/1

Jet - 50k Scott Bandz at 2/1

G Wad - 50k G Wad at 1/5

Dakota - 50k Jet at 10/1

Maurice Simmons - 50k Jet at 10/1

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, clydebankblitz said:

It's the much easier way than the weird American money lines I always thought.

1/8 means "If you put on 8, you make 1". So risking 50k would get you 6250 in a win.

I’ve personally always preferred decimal odds. Like you literally multiply your bet by the decimal number to calculate your total return

1 minute ago, gwad12345 said:

Wait I have to send you the money now? With transfer fees I'm literally gonna be losing money when I win.

Oh yeah I'm so used to jets these days. You get a pass on sending money early haha. 

Itd be 7.15 at 1/7. You know what I'll change the odds to 1/5 to make it more enticing. 10k profit on a 50k bet 

• Upvote 1

Just now, scottxbandz said:

i dont get some of the odds like 3/2 so im going w jet

3/2 is just "If you put on 2, you get 3 back". If everyone is just putting down 50k bets, would yous prefer I just translate the bets to how much profit you'd make? haha.

Jet so far is the money pick at 500k income if he wins. Those odds won't stick around forever mind you haha.