SENSEI FC - smack talk thread

Curix

Sensei FC 7 Preview  

1641670068senseifc-7.jpg.0762a1207708b2a3effda63e1470a84b.jpg

image.pngsponsored by Paddy's Enhancing Drugs (160Q)   

Welcome once again to all Sensei fans, this will be the previous sensei FC 7 will take place on 15 Jan 2022 in the arena of Hayashi's Lounge Tokyo, then let's review what the fights will be of this great event.  

Main Event  

Charlie Crucifer  1-0   vs   Nicolai Kozlov 1-0  

Charlie will try to take the fight to the ground since he is a Brown belt on the other hand, his opponent Nicolai will try to make the fight go to the ground since he is an aggressive forward, both boys are undefeated 1-0 it will be a great stellar event, it only remains to say Good luck and may the best one win. 

Co-Main

Joshua Whitlock  1-0   vs   Kyoji Ahane 0-0  

In the co-main event, two forwards are measured, one undefeated, it is Joshua who is 1-0 and his opponent will make his debut in the organization, hopefully it will be a great fight like that of both I do not think it will last the three rounds. 

Undercard

Sam Bass 0-1   vs   Gwalchmei Wynne  0-1 

both boys lost on their debut, both are 0-1 records both are aggressive forwards which makes this fight bloody.  

Mito Taamasa 0-0   vs   Marcus Wheeler 0-0 

Both boys make their professional debut, both are aggressive forwards which makes this fight very attractive to the public as it will be blows after blows from start to finish. 

Tomiji Fukusawa 0-0   vs   Henri Web 0-0 

Fukusawa He is a forward and will try to make the fight stand up, he will seek to knock out his opponent, on the other hand Henri will seek at all costs to take this fight to the ground since he is a Brown belt. 

Sugawara Ichirou 1-0   vs   Andre Sawyer 0-1 

Sugawara On the one hand he is undefeated 1-0 and he will try to keep his opponent undefeated. Andre is coming off losing his debut, both are aggressive forwards, it will be a foot duel blow after blow. 

Nori Tatewaki 0-0   vs   Nathan Fedorov 0-1 

Tatewaki He will make his professional debut and will try at all costs to bring this fight to the ground, on the other hand his rival Fedorov has just lost his debut, he is an aggressive striker and will try to avoid falling to the ground looking to knock out his opponent. 

Yoshi Kuroda 0-0   vs   Frank Stevenson 1-0 

Kuroda will make his professional debut he is an aggressive striker trying to knock out and his rival is Stevenson who is undefeated 1-0 he is belt Brown and will try at all costs to take his opponent to the ground. 

Anders King Pin 0-1   vs   Bruce McGregor 0-1 

They both lost their professional debut and they are both aggressive forwards, this fight will be bloody from power to power. 

Yasuda Takahiro 0-1   vs   Takehiro Kubo 0-0 

Takahiro He comes from losing in his professional debut while his rival Kubo will make his professional debut, both are aggressive forwards which makes this fight exciting. 

I hope you liked the preview and see you on the day of the fight greetings and hugs.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

SENSEI FC 7 REVIEW 

1641670068senseifc-7.jpg.0762a1207708b2a3effda63e1470a84b.jpg 

Main event 

Charlie Crucifer    vs   Nicolai Kozlov 

Sub of the night: Charlie Crucifer 

Charlie Gave his rival no respite, from the beginning he looked for the takedown and easily dominated his opponent with a Submission (Armbar) at 00:53 seconds of the first round. 

Co-Main

Joshua Whitlock    vs   Kyoji Ahane    

Joshua He took advantage of the fact that his rival made his debut and remained undefeated, now it is 2-0, his rival did not throw a single blow, he only tried to take the fight to the ground on three occasions, all unsuccessful, instead Joshua threw many blows, thus finishing off his rival via KO (Strikes) at 01:27 minutes of the first round. 

Undercard 

Sam Bass   vs   Gwalchmei Wynne 

This was a tough fight from start to finish, on the one hand Bass tried 18 takedowns getting only one and his rival Wynne shot blows from start to finish, but he was looking for the fight all the time which gave him the victory by Decision (Unanimous) 

Mito Taamasa   vs   Marcus Wheeler  

These two guys made their professional debut and what a great debut, since from start to finish it was blow after blown from part to part, it was a very close fight, Taamasa was the winner by Decision (Unanimous) 

Tomiji Fukusawa   vs   Henri Web 

Ko of the night: Tomiji Fukusawa

These two boys made their professional debut, Fukusawa gave his rival no respite and from the beginning he aggressively looked for him, giving him a KO (Punch) at 00:08 seconds of the first round. 

Sugawara Ichirou   vs   Andre Sawyer   

These two warriors hit it all from start to finish, between clinch and blows, Ichirou kept his unbeaten record and raised his record to 2-0, winning by Decision (Unanimous) 

Nori Tatewaki   vs   Nathan Fedorov  

Fedorov Gave his rival no respite and aggressively from the start gave him a KO (Punch) at 01:18 minutes of the first round. 

Yoshi Kuroda   vs   Frank Stevenson 

Stevenson Remained undefeated, taking his record to 2-0, he did not give his opponent respite and immediately took him to the ground and there he gave him a Submission (Armbar) 

Anders King Pin   vs   Bruce McGregor     

fight of the night: Anders King Pin   vs   Bruce McGregor

These two boys found everything from start to finish, it was a tough battle, with McGregor winning by Decision (Unanimous) 

Yasuda Takahiro   vs   Takehiro Kubo  

These two boys hit it hard from the beginning, Kubo tried two takedowns but they were unsuccessful, Takahiro took advantage of an oversight and gave him a KO (Strikes) at 04:19 minutes of the second round.  

That was a summary of all the fights, I extend my invitation to everyone so that they do not miss the next events, see you there.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Shane Victorino Podcast:

Shane Victorino: Thank you for tuning into another podcast with The Flyin Hawaiian. I have a new mma fighter hitting the scene out of Hawaii Ajin Heceda. Welcome Ajin.

Ajin Heceda: Thank you for having me on your show Shane.

Shane Victorino: I hear you are a twin. What's that like?

Ajin Heceda: Yes I am a twin. My brother is Wyin Heceda. It's great you grow up with a life long friend. I mean we are brothers so sure we fight. And I'm a wrestler and our father doesn't consider that fighting so when we fight if I try to wrestle I get picked up and forced to strike. My brother is a striker so I have lost every single fight between us. He eats me up.

Shane Victorino: You aren't just any wrestler. I mean you are 16 years old and competing in the highest level for your age isn't that correct? And do you think if you could wrestle they would go differently?

Ajin Heceda: Yes I'm actually on the U.S. Junior Olympic wrestling team. So for my age it's safe to say I'm pretty good. No clue but I'm sure it would help. When I decided I wanted to do mma I started learning bjj to match with my wrestling to try and show that my style is fighting and that it works. About to get my purple belt.

Shane Victorino: I hear you signed with Sensei FC and will be fighting in two divisions and already have a fight signed, what two divisions and who is the fight with?

Ajin Heceda. Yes I will be competing with Sensei FC and will be fighting in both the 145 and 155 divisions. My debute fight is against another guy making his debute 18 year old Masayuki Araki. He is grappler and a purple belt in bjj.

Shane Victorino: How do you see the fight going and what is next for you?

Ajin Heceda: Well I think I will get the takedown. The he has been at bjj a lot longer than me so that is when the real battle begins, but I think I win by submission. After my fight at 145 I will be looking to have a fight at 155.

Shane Victorino: We will definitely be looking forward to hearing how your fight goes and having you back on the show.

• Upvote 1

Sensei FC 8 Preview 

815540789_1641921141senseifc-8b1.jpg.0406ad56a6204d116a56c21cf756ee68.jpg 

Welcome once again to all Sensei fans, this will be the previous sensei FC 8 will take place on 22 Jan 2022 in the arena of Hayashi's Lounge Tokyo, then let's review what the fights will be of this great event.   

Main Event 

Karl White 4-0   vs   Gabriel Mellios 2-0  

In the main event we present two undefeated boys, one is White, who currently has a 4-0 record, is a brown belt and will try at all costs to take his rival to the ground to submit him there, on the other hand, his opponent is Mellios, who currently has a record It is 2-0 to knock out his two rivals in the first round, and he will try to do the same this time, as you will see they are two undefeated boys and with different fighting styles what makes this fight exciting, good luck to both and may he win better. 

Co-Main 

Paker Nico 1-0   vs   Fung Hao Ming 0-1 

In the co-main event we feature two guys who are both aggressive strikers which means this fight will be standing up punch after punch and win the best chin so to speak :) 

Undercard 

Pacome Thibodeaux 2-0   vs   Toby MacAlister 1-0 

Introducing two aggressive forward guys both with undefeated records which ensures this fight is going to be really bloody, good luck to both of you. 

Patrick Hall 0-1   vs   Moussa Bouba 0-0 

In this fight both boys have good BJJ which means that both will look for takedowns and base their fight on seeking to submit their opponent, good luck to both and may the best win. 

Jin Mori 1-1   vs   Lee Sung 1-0  

We present two boys with different fighting styles, on the one hand we have Mori an aggressive striker who will try to throw punches from the beginning and try not to be knocked down, on the other hand we have Sung who will try to take the fight to the ground for from there is to look for a submission, good luck to both. 

Christopher Boyd 1-0   vs   Lyota Wont 0-1  

On this occasion he sees again two boys with different fighting styles, on the one hand there is Boyd who is an aggressive striker and will come out from the beginning to throw blows, on the other hand we have Wont who will try to knock down his opponent, good luck to both. 

Liam Studd 0-1   vs   Vic Gable 0-0 

We present two boys with the same combat style, both are aggressive forwards, which means that from the beginning they will go out to hit each other and the one with the better chin will win.  

Joao Oliveira 0-0   vs   Romeo "y" Julieta 0-0 

On this occasion, both boys have the same combat style, both will seek to knock down and base their combat on throwing blows on the ground or looking for submissions, luck for both and may the best win. 

Kevin Yanaoki 1-0   vs   Nikolas Khoronen 0-1 

We present two guys with the same combat style, both will look for takedowns and already being on the ground they will look for submissions, may the best submissive win. 

Izak Jeppesen 1-0   vs   Long Gon 0-1 

Introducing two guys with similar fighting styles, they are both aggressive strikers and from the start they will come out throwing punches from power to power and whoever has the better chin will win. 

I hope you liked the preview and see you on the day of the fight greetings and hugs.

• Downvote 3

SENSEI FC 8 REVIEW

Greetings SENSEI FC fans, Maurice here with a Review of the last show. Surprisingly, it's my first time writing for SENSEI FC. Benson hired me way before the org was founded but because of December tingz I couldn't write. Here I am though, and I will try by all means to make this a special write up. Enjoy!

UNDERCARD

Kevin Yanaoki defeats Nikolas Khoronen via Submission (Kimura)

Straight out the gate Yanaoki drove through with a successful takedown attempt after doing a beautiful feint leaving Khoronen vulnerable. He then needed just under 2 minutes to lock in a Kimura and making Khoronen tap out. Nikolas Khoronen needs to work on his grappling because he got embarrassed real bad tonight. Great work by Kevin Yanaoki, we look forward to seeing you inside the octagon again.

Christopher Boyd defeats Lyota Wont via TKO (Strikes)

Boyd worked aggressively and clinched with Wont very early in the fight. From there it was pure domination for Boyd, landing 9 head punches from inside the clinch and ultimately knocking his opponent out cold. Lyota Wont could get a lot better if he'd improve his clinchwork, and he would actually succeed in getting takedowns while he and the opponent are pressed against the cage. Christopher Boyd is looking really good! He maintains his perfect record, great stuff!

Moussa Bouba defeats Patrick Hall via Submission (Armbar)

The "end it in a jiffy" trend continued in the third fight of the night as we saw yet another fast finish from Bouba. After getting hit by Hall's left Bouba decided he wanted no more of that stand up smoke so he initiated a clinch. That proved to be a great decision because after jumping guard Bouba needed about a minute to separate one of Hall's arms and get that armbar in which led to Hall tapping. Another finish in less than two minutes, the fans were loving it!

Fung Hao Ming defeats Paker Nico via Decision (unanimous)

The fourth fight of the night marked the end of the quick fight finishing spree and marked the start of a string of fights ending in a decision. Hao Ming showed great striking skill in this fight, constantly transitioning from stand up to clinchwork to keep the opponent guessing. The strategy worked well because Nico was just being dominated on all fronts, only landing six punches and five combos in fifteen minutes. Hao Ming managed to hit his opponent twenty times in total, but that was not enough to crack the firm chin of Nico. Great performance by Hao Ming.

Liam Studd defeats Vic Gable via Decision (Unanimous)

The last undercard fight was between two heavyweights in Liam Studd and Vic Gable. Studd had no answer for Gable's takedowns in the first round but he was able to survive the brutal ground and pound the opponent unleashed on him. If not for his great striking inside the first minute of the second round Studd would have lost the round AND the fight, but that and minimizing Gable's output on the ground secured the round for him. The third round was just pure dominance for Studd. Gable had no answer for Studd's clinchwork and he wasn't having any success with his takedown attempts. I don't blame Gable for whining about the decision later on, it was a close fight.

MAIN CARD

Romeo Julieta defeats Joao Oliveira via Decision (Unanimous)

To kick off the main card we had Romeo Julieta squaring off against Joao Oliveira in the lightweight division. This fight was a boring contest honestly, with Julieta completely controlling the fight on all avenues. Julieta all his outside strikes, twenty in total, he was only able to hit the target once inside the clinch. All his takedown attempts on the outside were successful too, which makes you wonder what the fuck Oliveira was doing the whole time. I'll tell you what he was doing, nothing. Absolutely nothing. He didn't land a single punch, attempted sixteen takedowns, none were successful. Even on the ground Julieta was having his way. His chin is what kept Oliveira standing for the whole fight so he has that to thank for looking like an idiot for 15 minutes. Worst performance I've ever seen. He needs to change his management real quick.

Toby MacAlister defeats Pacome Thibodeaux via TKO (Strikes)

Two upcoming stars squared up in the second main card fight. A rather bad showing from Pacome, or very good strategy by MacAlister. One of the youngest in the Thibodeaux family simply got outclassed inside that clinch, mans was really helpless. MacAlister landed every strike he threw in the clinch, while Pacome landed just three. Great stuff from MacAlister, putting a stop to Pacome's two fight streak while entering his own, goat stuff.

Jin Mori defeats Lee Sung via Decision (Unanimous)

In a rather weird fight we had Jin Mori going up against Lee Sung in the welterweight division. This was a weird because over the duration of the whole fight not a single punch was threw, can you believe that! Fifteen minutes of fighting and no one even attempts to punch. But what we saw a lot of was knees, brutal knees from Jin Mori. He landed sixty five knees inside the clinch and everyone who was live to see it knows how devastating It was. It was like seeing Kilo Maluga paying his blood tribute the way Sung was bleeding. Matter fact, whole lotta knees in the clinch is also a popular Kilo strategy. At least we now know who Jin Mori aspires to be.

Izak Jeppesen defeats Long Gon via TKO (Strikes)

The co-main event was between two young heavyweights in Izak Jeppesen and Long Gon, and what a bloody affair it was. Both fighters got cut a few seconds into the fight, Izak by a beautiful combination and Gon by a nasty elbow. Jeppesen's elbows inside the clinch continued to open up Gon's cut until he managed to break the clinch. That proved to be his undoing because just seconds later he found himself on the floor and staring at the lights. Jeppesen doesn't play like that.

Gabriel Mellios defeats Karl White via Submission (Kimura)

Main event time! A middleweight bout between Gabriel Mellios and Karl White closed out the night, and what an underwhelming fight that was. My job is to review these fights as honest as I can so forgive me if I'm being rude, but these guys should never main event a card again. They're unworthy, and they proved it tonight. Oh well, all I can do is review the bummy fight. After being dominated on the feet by Mellios in the first round White decided to take the fight to the ground early in the second round. ROOKIE MISTAKE!! It didn't take long for Mellios to sweep and get top position, he then began on working to improve his position while also softening up the opponent with strikes. After what seemed like an eternity of improving his position Mellios started working aggressively to finish the fight. It didn't take long for him to lock in that nasty Kimura and force White to tap.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

SENSEI FC 9 PREVIEW

1642482285senseifc-9.jpg

Brought to you by Paddy's Enhancing Drugs (160Q)

MAIN EVENT: Viatus Enormis (3-0) vs Zombie Lee (2-0)

Two midgets go at it in the evening's main event when Viatus Enormis meets Zombie Lee in a bantamweight bout. Enormis is the taller man with a height of 166 cm, just a cm taller than his opponent. He has strong wrestling capabilities and has also earned himself a purple belt in Brazilian Jui Jitsu. Lee on the other hand has weak grappling skills but makes up for it with his wonderful striking. Both of these guys are on winning streaks so after the night is over, one of them will find themselves with a "1" in their record

Prediction: Enormis via Submission

CO-MAIN EVENT: Ant Thrax vs Roy Sands

This is shaping up to be a nice stand and bang clash between two upcoming welterweights in SENSEI FC. Thrax will be looking to end his inconsistency with a victory here while Sands will be gunning for his first professional win. Thrax has the 6 cm reach advantage, which will be crucial in this brawl as he and his opponent are evenly matched in terms of striking. Sands is a big welterweight, and by the look of things he'll just barely make weight for this fight. This fight only has one conclusion: one fighter with his hand up in there and the other on the floor knocked out cold!

Prediction: Thrax via TKO.

MAIN CARD BOUT #3: Zlatko Dedic vs Tykas Wong

These guys are physically identical, same height same natural weight. The only thing that will determine who is the better fighter is skill. Who's skill set is superior? Let's analyse them real quick. Dedic has a slight edge in boxing (even though his boxing is also trash) and a has a brown belt to his opponent's purple. He is also fresh off of his professional debut win, so that's a big boost to his mentality and morale. Wong's only strong point over Dedic is his wrestling, which is not something to really count on though as it's not where it needs to be to be really effective. There have been cases where a purple belt has beaten a brown belt, will this be one of them? Only one way to find out.

Prediction: Dedic via TKO.

MAIN CARD BOUT #4: Ryoko Imaeda vs Denilson De Oliveira

Finally a clash between the big boys. Well, not big big big boys but big boys. The debutant Ryoko Imaeda squares off against Denilson De Oliveira, a guy who's planning to ruin his debut like they ruined his. Imaeda has the size and reach disadvantage in this fight but he makes up for that by being better than his opponent at three disciplines: Muay Thai, wrestling and BJJ. De Oliveira is not helpless in this fight however, far from it actually because his boxing is so good that I feel like it can win the fight for him. That and his experience (losing experience muhaha) can actually play a big role in the outcome of this one.

Prediction: Imaeda via Decision.

MAIN CARD BOUT #5: Yuri Takahashi vs Matt Fredrickson

Now the REAL big big big boys are the ones opening up our main card when Yuri Takahashi goes against Matt Fredrickson. Takahashi has the 5 cm reach advantage while Fredrickson is the bigger fighter. Takahashi also has the boxing edge while Fredrickson's feeble wrestling is expected to greatly dominate his opponent's. Fredrickson also won his debut by TKO while Takahashi lost his, I can tell Takahashi still hasn't recovered from that morale-wise because he doesn't hit the mitts with as much enthusiasm as before. Overall, this is expected to be a stand up scrap, so no way you're allowed to miss it!

Prediction: Fredrickson via TKO.

UNDERCARD

Sam Cooper vs Lazor Kwiatkowski

Juan Martinez vs Jon Bondarenko

Mickey Wong vs Yurga Ibragomedov

Chris Hooper vs Shinohara Sosuke

Nikolai Kaspersky vs Genji Masamune

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

SENSEI FC 9 REVIEW

1642482285senseifc-9.jpg

Brought to you by Paddy's Enhancing Drugs (160Q)

Hello SENSEI FC fans! Sensei FC 9 went down this past weekend with a card jam packed full of action so lets get right to it.

UNDERCARD
Yurga Ibragomedov defeats Mickey Wong by unanimous decision
Lightweights Mickey Wong and Yurga Ibragomedov kicked things off. Wong tried to use his striking skills to keep Ibragomedov at a distance and score points but the grappling and ground game of the Ukranian proved to be too much. Ibragomedov was able to keep the standup fight in the clinch and scored takedowns early and often, imposing his will on Wong. Wong was able to weather the storm though to bring the fight to the judges scorecard. Ultimately all three judges agreed that Ibragomedov’s ground game was just too much and awarded him the unanimous decision 29-28 across the board.

Zlatko Dedic defeats Tykas Wong by Guillotine submission
In the second fight of the card Featherweights Zlatko Dedic and Tykas Wong locked horns. This one started out a bit slow with both fighters struggling to find the mark with their strikes. Dedic did eventually find the mark though and used his striking to set up a devastating takedown and ground and pound. After several submission attempts Dedic eventually got Wong to expose his neck and was able to finish him off at 4:36 of the first round with a Guillotine submission.

Ant Thrax defeats Roy Sands by TKO (Strikes)
Next Welterweights Ant Thrax and Roy Sands took to the cage. Both men brought the fight going toe to toe but it didn’t take long for Ant Thrax to catch Roy Sands with a big uppercut after Sands tried a head kick that missed. Sands never fully recovered and when Ant Thrax found the mark with another big right hand it was lights out at 2:42 of the first round.

Matt Fredrickson defeats Yuki Takahashi by KO (Head Kick)
KO OF THE NIGHT AWARD WINNER

From there we moved on to the Super Heavyweights with Yuki Takahashi taking on Matt Fredrickson. Fredrickson sustained a cut in the first minute but was able to weather a flurry from Takahashi to stay in the fight. Takahashi tried to keep this fight in the clinch but Fredrickson was able to keep his distance and time, a nice combination that cut Takahashi open. While Takahashi tried to recover Fredrickson landed another nice combo which set up a devastating head kick KO to the fans' delight earning him KO Of The Night.

Shinohara Sosuke defeated Chris Hooper by KO (Punch)
For the final undercard bout we had Lightweights Chris Hooper and Shinohara Sosuke facing off. It only took seconds for Sosuke to land an overhand right that busted Hooper open. Hooper battled back briefly landing a head kick and the two went toe to toe. A minute in, Sosuke landed a big shot that knocked Hooper down and that was the beginning of the end. Hopper was able to get back to his feet but never got his legs under him, eating another hard right hand seconds later to end the fight by KO at 1:35 of the first round.

MAIN CARD
Nikolai Kaspersky defeated Genji Masamune by Kimura submission

For the first bout on the main card Nikolai Kaspersky took on Genji Masamune in Middleweight action. This was another quick one  as Kaspersky took Masamune to the mat almost immediately and quickly took control. 47 seconds into the fight Kaspersky locked in a Kimura and got the dominating submission win for the fastest finish of the night.

Juan Martinez defeated Jon Bondarenko by TKO (Strikes)
Next up Heavyweights Juan Martinez and Jon Bondarenko for another quick one. Bondarenko came out of the gate swinging but Martinez was quickly able to get out of the way and counter with a takedown. Once the fight went to the ground Martinez took over with the Ground and Pound. Bondarenko tried to fight back from the bottom but Martinez’s ground skills were just too much and the referee declared a TKO at 1:38 in the first round.

Denilson De Oliveira defeats Ryoko Imaeda by TKO (Strikes)
The last fight before the main events saw more Heavyweight action between Ryoko Imaeda and Denilson De Oliveira and this one didn’t last much longer than the previous. Both fighters came out swinging but the fight had to be temporarily stopped when Imaeda inadvertently kicked De Oliveira in the groin. After a 5 minute break De Oliveira connected with a good shot and followed it with a nice combo that sent Imaeda to the canvas. De Oliveira quickly took his back and began dropping bombs that would end the fight at 1:53 of the first round by TKO.

CO-MAIN EVENT
Lazor Kwiatkowski defeats Sam Cooper by TKO (Strikes)

Our co-main event featured Super Heavyweights Sam Cooper and Lazor Kwiatkowski who were both victorious in their first bouts. This one did not see a lot of strikes but Kwiatkowski seemed to be able to take Cooper down at will scoring four takedowns across the fight. Once on the ground Kwiatkowski took complete control and Cooper was not able to provide much of an answer to the Ground and Pound offense. Cooper was able to survive the first round but took some big shots late in Round 2 and eventually gave up full mount. From there Kwiatkowski’s Ground and Pound skills took over and the referee jumped in at 4:42 of the second round to stop Cooper from taking any more damage. 

MAIN EVENT
Viatus Enormis defeats Zombie Lee by Armbar submission
FIGHT OF THE NIGHT AND SUBMISSION OF THE NIGHT AWARD WINNER

In the main event of the evening the undefeated Zombie Lee took on the undefeated Viatus Enormis in a fight with future Bantamweight title implications. Enormis was relentless in his attempts to get the fight to the ground right off the bat with 4 takedown attempts in the first minute. Lee landed a couple of strikes but once Enormis got the fight to the ground it was clear that Lee was outmatched. Enormis failed to lock in a guillotine but quickly switched to an armbar and was able to get the submission victory at 1:55 of the first round and further solidifying his case for a shot at the future Bantamweight title.

Well that is it for SENSEI FC 9! Join us again on February 5th for SENSEI FC 10 when the undefeated Vladamir Fedetenko takes on Alistair Read!

• Upvote 2

SENSEI FC 10 PREVIEW

1642591401senseifc-10-B.png

Hello all Sensei FC fans! It’s official owner of the company here, Roman Benson! It’s time for the 10th event! Can’t wait to see this! That event is going to be awesome!

170 lbs - David Morrell Jr v Andrew Wellington

David Morrell is going to make his first pro fight and his first pro debut in the cage of Sensei FC. His manager’s name is Frank Castello. I know that guy, I know that he is quite new manager, but he knows what is important in MMA world.

David’s nickname is „The Promise”! Will he promise us about his win in a great style? I hope so! That tall 18 years old man has a big Chance for a great MMA career. The level of his Muay Thai is really, really good. I saw him a few times on the trainings. He has a great clinchwork, he is really fast, young talented guy. What he is going to show all MMA fans at Sensei FC 10?

Andrew Wellington is his opponent this time. He is 0-1 in pro MMA. That 19 years old man lost his pro debut at Sensei FC 1. He was KO’d by Jin Mori in less than one minute of the fight. He is a great grappler. Andrew has a brown belt in Brazilian Jujitsu. The key to his victory is probably to take down his much taller opponent and submit him as fast as he can.

For me, the bigger favorite of the fight is David. I think that he is going to knock out his opponent in 1st round.

170 lbs - Goro Majima v Cenek Vit

Goro Maima is 21-yo fighter from Japan. His record is 1-1 in pro MMA. The two of all his fights were finished in 1st rounds of the fights. He won and lost by TKO. Last fight was his debut at SENSEI FC. He lost the fight quite fast, but now he has a big Chance to win! Dillo is a good manager. Maybe he knows the kay to victory of his fighter, who is a great boxer and quite good wrestler. Who knows…

Cenek Viti is just a mystery. That will be his first appearance in the world of MMA and his first appearance in SENSEI FC. I know that he is young, talented. He knows how to wrestle, he has got blue belt in BJJ. Also, his manager is quite new in MMA world… I watched some videos of Cenek’s trainings. He moves fast. Maybe he will take down his opponent fast…

That fight can be really, really interesting, but I think that Goro will win by knockout in the first or second round, lol! That’s my prediction.

155lbs - Yuma Shota v Jumba Smif

Yuma is another fighter of Tito Adolfo. Will he be successful this time? That young guy is going to have a quite hard debut against the fighter of really, really good manager, Scott Brandz.

Jumba Smif lost his debut by sub outside of the org, but the level of his amazing Muay Thai will be this time his key to the victory in the cage of Sensei FC.

Jumba seems to be faster and stronger than the guy from Japan. He is probably much better striker, I was watching their trainings live a couple of Times. I think that he will knock out his oponent in the first round.

135 lbs - Jaro Caro v Zack Blaze

Jaro is 25- yo grappler who is 1-1 in MMA. At his debut in the org he lost to Viatus "Bee Cha" Enormis at Sensei FC 5. Viatus is now 4-0 and he is #1 ranked man in 135 lbs div. Now Jaro has a Chance aginst a guy who is 0-0 in MMA, Zack Blaze.

Zack i salso 25 yo but he is a great boxer. But that’s gonna be his pro debut. I don’t know anything more bout him than he has got fast and strong hands, lol. That fight is really interesting for me, I don’t have any favourite here. Maybe Jaro by sub… 3rd round I think!

135 lbs - Saw Ba Nyein v Suk Chong

I had a Chance to see Saw in pro MMA. He is 1-0 in MMA. Saw is just 18. He looks impressive also at his trainings. He is a high level striker, his clinchwork is also good. Alfred is his manager, so… we all know who is that, lol!

Suk Chong is going to make his pro debut at Sensei FC 10. Another fighter from Tito, another young guy. That man is a 19 yo grappler with a Purple belt.

My prediction? Saw in the first round by knockout.

170 lbs - Mario Quintero v Blake Matthews

Two 25-yo guys, both will be first time in the cage. One boxer and one grappler. Mario is from the army of K Britt. That manager is extremely talented as his fighters, I think that will be his another win and another win by finish, another sub in the 1st round!

145 lbs - Pops Ceballos v Miguel Baez

Both are young! Both are 1-0! And both are 1-0 in the cage of SENSEI FC. Who will win this time? Manager Papa Vic aginst manager Dillo. Both knows boxing and wrestling well. I think that 19 yo Pops will win the fight by decision.

135 lbs - Lester Green v Bryce Mitchell

Quite fanny! They are also both 1-1, they are also 19 yo. For Bryce it’s his first time at the cage of Sensei FC. He is quite good boxer and great BJJ fighter. He has got brown belt in BJJ. He won and lost by sub.

Lester is from James army. Great boxer and Muay Thai fighter who won his debut in the org at Sensei FC 5 by TKO. I think that Lester is going to KO his opponent in the second round.

135 lbs - Manuel Requina v Daiki Takahashi

Manuel is 1-0 in MMA. He won his debut at Sensei FC 4 by KO in the 2nd round. He is a great boxer and grappler. This time he will be facing Daiki who lost once by SUB. Daiki is 2 years older but 1 cm shorter than his opponent.  I think that Manuel will finish it by SUB in the 1st round.

265 lbs – MAIN EVENT - Vladamir Fedetenko v Alistair Read

These two guys are tough! They are both 25-yo 2-0 fighters! They both are on the way to the belt! Both are 1-0 in SENSEI FC. Both by finish, both by knockouts, that’s going to be an awesome ME, but I think that Russian will KO his opponent in the 2nd round,

That’s all. Thank you guys.

See you at the event!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Curix said:

SENSEI FC 10 PREVIEW

Hello all Sensei FC fans! It’s official owner of the company here, Roman Benson! It’s time for the 10th event! Can’t wait to see this! That event is going to be awesome!

170 lbs - Goro Majima v Cenek Vit

Goro Maima is 21-yo fighter from Japan. His record is 1-1 in pro MMA. The two of all his fights were finished in 1st rounds of the fights. He won and lost by TKO. Last fight was his debut at SENSEI FC. He lost the fight quite fast, but now he has a big Chance to win! Dillo is a good manager. Maybe he knows the kay to victory of his fighter, who is a great boxer and quite good wrestler. Who knows…

Cenek Viti is just a mystery. That will be his first appearance in the world of MMA and his first appearance in SENSEI FC. I know that he is young, talented. He knows how to wrestle, he has got blue belt in BJJ. Also, his manager is quite new in MMA world… I watched some videos of Cenek’s trainings. He moves fast. Maybe he will take down his opponent fast…

That fight can be really, really interesting, but I think that Goro will win by knockout in the first or second round, lol! That’s my prediction.

GORO MAJIMA'S STATEMENT ON HIS MOST RECENT WIN AT SENSEI FC 10:

" 私は回転するたわごとを投げました。動いた!ローマのベンソンは彼の予測にぴったりだったと思います。"

Translation:
I threw spinning shit. It worked! I guess Roman Benson was spot on with his prediction.

• Upvote 2

SENSEI FC 10 was a mixed martial arts event held by the SENSEI FC promotion, in conjunction with Paddy's Enhancing Drugs (160Q) supplement company. This event took place on February 5, 2022 at the Hard Knocks arena in Tokyo, Japan.

SENSEI 10 - Official Review

[Preliminary Bouts]

(Welterweight Division) David Morell Jr (0-0) vs. Andrew Wellington (0-1)

Round 1 – David “The Promise” Morell Jr made his MMA debut here after a brief stint as an amateur kickboxer. His opponent was Jiu-Jitsu brown belt Andrew Wellington, who made his professional debut at SENSEI FC 1. Morell Came out wild with a reckless combination, looking for the early knockout but left himself open to the counter takedown into side control. Wellington immediately sank in a fight stopping kimura, forcing the tap just twenty-five seconds into the opening round.

Andrew Wellington def. David Morell Jr via Submission (Kimura) at 0:25 of round 1!

MCjLB3f.png

(Welterweight Division) Moro Majima (1-1) vs. Cenek Vit (0-1)

Round 1 – Two fights into his professional career, Moro Majima had previously fought for the Dillo's Deadly Fight Nights promotion before facing Ant Thrax in his promotional debut. Meanwhile his well rounded opponent, Cenek Vit was here to make his professional debut. Majima came out extremely aggressive, throwing everything with full power and throwing caution to the wind. Cenek Vit was having no luck with his takedown attempts but did a decent job at avoiding most of the shots that his opponent threw. At about the one minute mark, Majima landed that big power left before finishing Vit with a wild combination of strikes that left his opponent out cold on the canvas!

Moro Majima def. Cenek Vit via KO (Strikes) at 0:57 of round 1!

VN34eK8.png

(Lightweight Division) Yuma Shota (0-0) vs. Jumba Smif (0-1)

Round 1 – In this classic match-up of grappler versus striker, Shota made it clear early on that he wanted none of Smif's stand-up game. Shota ate a body shot early and immediately rushed forward to tie his man up with a clinch but then made the ill-fated decision to break clean and create distance. Shota pushed forward again, pressuring Smif and paid for it when he ate a jab and a big head kick that put him down! Wobbled and bleeding, Smif clambered to his feet and walked into a monster of a right hook that put him down and out!

Jumba Smif def. Yuma Shota via KO (Punch) at 0:19 of round 1!

ulPjtfr.png

(Bantamweight Division) Jaro Caro (1-1) vs. Zack Blaze (0-0)

Round 1 – BJJ purple belt Jaro Caro wasted no time in closing the distance on MMA newcomer and former boxer Zack Blaze. Caro telegraphed an early takedown attempt but chained it together nicely into a successful double leg takedown into half guard. From there, Caro was threatening early with a kimura but Blaze defended well. Undeterred by this setback, Caro passed into full mount and worked his foe over with hammerfists to soften the man's defenses a bit. Although Caro clearly started isolating an arm again, Blaze saw his intentions early and thwarted the attempt. Caro began pouring on the damage with topside ground and pound, prompting Blaze to roll over in an attempt to stand up. Caro seized the opportunity and sank in the fight ending rear choke for the win.

Zack Blaze def. Jaro Caro via Submission (RNC) at 1:47 of round 1!

mGLd950.png

(Bantamweight Division) Saw Ba Nyein (1-0) vs. Suk Chong (0-0)

Round 1 – Muay Thai standout Saw Ba Nyein made his promotional debut here after winning his lone bout with the RISE Fight League. His opponent Suk Chong was reportedly a competent BJJ purple belt from North Korea. We saw Nyein land a beautiful looping right hand that seemed to hurt Chong, but soon the grappler took Nyein to the ground, landing in half guard. Chong seemed content to mostly lay in control of that position, landing just enough ground and pound to avoid a standup. When Nyein finally got frustrated and attempted to escape, Chong passed into mount. After doing his best weighted blanket impression for the better part of three minutes, Chong ended the waiting and the fight when he caught the arm of Nyein and forced the tap.

Suk Chong def. Saw Ba Nyein via Submission (Armbar) at 3:59 of round 1!

yQOKHWW.png

Main Card Coming Soon...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

[Main Card]

(Welterweight Division) Mario Quintero (0-0) vs. Blake Matthews (0-0)

Round 1 – Starting off our main card we had a battle of debuting fighters with clashing styles as BJJ brown belt Mario Quintero faced off against amateur boxer Blake Matthews. Quintero faced some early adversity in the opening seconds of this fight as Blake Matthews brought an early fury with his striking. Matthews looked clean and sharp as he stuffed the takedown attempt of Quintero and seemed well on his way to victory. Maybe it was overconfidence on the part of Matthews but midway through his assault, Quintero shot in for a second takedown attempt and soon found himself trapped and mounted by the submission fighter! Matthews was eating a barrage of ground and pound as Quintero made him pay dearly for his early successes. Nearly two minutes in, Quintero stood over his broken foe and connected with heavy punches that put Matthews out cold!

Mario Quintero def. Blake Matthews via KO (Strikes) at 1:59 of round 1!

2tmr4m1.png

(Featherweight Division) Pops Ceballos (1-0) vs. Miguel Baez (1-0)

Round 1 – In this exciting match-up we had the battle of two well rounded strikers, both of which had secured a previous victory within the confines of the SENSEI FC cage. As the two fighters circled in the opening moments, it became clear that Baez was looking for an early knockout and Ceballos wanted to mix things up. Baez was finding a home for his punches and did well for himself, stuffing the takedown attempt of Ceballos and bloodying him up with a swift left hook. Just as things seemed lost for the kid originally from Lowell, Massachusetts, Ceballos turned things around by scoring a takedown into the guard of Baez. The winds of momentum had shifted as suddenly it was Pops Ceballos landing ground and pound. The frustration of adversity began to set in on the face of Miguel Baez who had enjoyed a strong lead earlier in the night. As the minutes ticked away on the clock, Ceballos fell into a rhythm of controlling the position and popping Baez with enough ground and pound to not get stood up. Baez did everything but go for an ear bite to get out of his disadvantageous position. As the round came to an end, Ceballos set comfortably in mount.

Round 2 – Ceballos seemed to come out the fresher of the two fighters as he went to work with his long limbs, landing punches and kicks from the outside. Baez pushed forward with punching combinations of his own but seemed to be struggling to find his mark in this round. Ceballos shot in for the big takedown... and Baez managed to stuff it this time. Baez pushed forward with more punishing shots to the legs and body but Ceballos dragged him to the ground for the second time in as many rounds. Baez tried desperately to brute force his way back to his feet but Ceballos easily controlled the position. Baez threw his legs up to work the high guard but Ceballos held his position and kept a clear head. Baez tried desperately to make a triangle choke happen but it was to no avail and he had to return to a closed guard. Ceballos began working Baez over with more ground and pound and soon the brawler from Mexico was floundering desperately in an effort to get back to his feet. Ceballos passed into half guard and held the position for the majority of the round, comfortable with the notion of dragging this fight into the deeper waters. Ceballos began working ground and pound some more and suddenly Baez turtled up! Ceballos postured up and began dropping heavier shots and it became evident that Baez was hurt! Ceballos pushed the pace with his assault and soon the referee had seen enough.

Pops Ceballos def. Miguel Baez via TKO (Strikes) at 4:56 of round 2!

5c1PogY.png

(Bantamweight Division) Lester Green (1-1) vs. Bryce Mitchell (1-1)

Round 1 – Lester Green returned to the SENSEI FC cage for the first time since his triumphant knockout of Stiruz Lygre at SENSEI FC 5. Green, a high level kickboxer, was promising more fireworks as he faced off against the BJJ brown belt and two time QFC veteran Bryce Mitchell. This opening round was everything pundits expected it to be: Lester Green showing off his beautifully technical style of striking while circling and defending the advances of his opponent. Bryce Mitchell seemed to want to find a counter takedown based off of a mistake from Green but that opportunity never arose. Green simply smothered this man with a relentless barrage. By the end of the round, Green was hitting Mitchell at will, picking him apart against the cage.

Round 2 – With a tough round behind him, a swollen and battered Bryce Mitchell came out aggressive in the second round. To our surprise, Mitchell seemed to be looking for punches of his own but it was nothing doing; Green was too well versed for this strategy to hold water. As the round dragged on, Mitchell did find some late success with his Hail Mary punches. However Green stunned Mitchell with a big shot late in the round. Green is a true finisher, when he sensed his opponent's vulnerability he went for the kill, putting Green down with a big uppercut and follow-up strikes for the victory.

Lester Green def. Bryce Mitchell via TKO (Strikes) at 2:41 of round 2!

Z7wlhxN.png

After Green took to the mic to thank his fans, a gracious Mitchell said: “They say if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie.” But that may have been the concussion talking.

[Co-Main Event]

(Bantamweight Division) Manuel Requina (1-0) vs. Daiki Takahashi (0-1)

Round 1 – Returning after his amazing promotional debut at SENSEI FC 4, BJJ purple belt Manuel Requina put it on the line against well rounded Japanese sensation Daiki Takahashi. These boys got after it right away; both men were throwing strikes right away. Takahashi went to work with long range kicks, first to the body and then to the head. Requina came in and closed the distance with a big right hand. Requina began circling on the outside and avoiding the flashy kicks of Daiki Takahashi, only to dart in with crisp punches and move out of range again. As the minutes passed by, Requina found more success avoiding the kicking game of Takahashi. After a minute had gone by, Requina avoided a takedown from Takahashi and cracked him with a big shot to the body. Takahashi reacted visibly to the body attack and Requina pushed forward with a big right hand that stunned the Japanese native. Smelling blood in the water, Requina pushed the attack! Requina battered Takahashi with punches that put him down, prompting the referee to mercifully step in and save him.

Manuel Requina def. Daiki Takahashi via TKO (Strikes) at 1:23 of round 1!

RZaNuIh.png

[Main Event]

(Heavyweight Division) Vladamir Fedetenko (2-0) vs. Alistair Read (2-0)

Round 1 – In exciting main event match-up we had two undefeated strikers clashing head-to-head. Vladamir Fedetenko had made his promotional debut at SENSEI FC 6 where he defeated Mikail Spartakov in under a minute. Alistair Read meanwhile debuted at SENSEI FC 2 with a mid-round knockout of Veli Kemppainen. These two undefeated heavy hitters came out and met in the middle of the cage immediately. Fedetenko was looking to clinch early; failing that, he went to work with some attempted strikes but Read stayed diligent, circling away from his opponents attacks. Read came back with big punches of his own, putting Fedetenko on the back foot. Read clinched, pushing Fedetenko against the cage. Satisfied with his outcome, Fedetenko quickly reversed the position so that he had Read against the cage. Realizing his mistake, Read attempted to break free to circle away but Fedetenko was having none of it. “You wanted this and now you have it.” Fedetenko poured on more shots, opening a cut over the eye of Alistair Read. For his part, Read seemed to break or fatigue rapidly as the relentless assault of Fedetenko only increased in ferocity. “Down goes Read!” Fedetenko landed a monster of an uppercut against the cage and stayed on Read with more shots until Read went down under the weight of the assault and forced the referee to step in.

Vladamir Fedetenko def. Alistair Read via TKO (Strikes) at 1:31 of round 1!

7XrE28P.png

[After Action Report]

Fight of the Night: Pops Ceballos vs Miguel Baez

Knockout of the Night: Jumba Smif

Submission of the Night: Andrew Wellington

Active Winning Streaks (2+ consecutive wins within SENSEI FC)

Viatus Enormis (135) (3-0) [1/29]

Gabriel Mellios (185) (3-0) [1/22]

Vladamir Fedetenko (265) (2-0) [2/5]

Manuel Requina (135) (2-0) [2/5]

Pops Ceballos (145) (2-0) [2/5]

Lazor Kwiatkowski (265+) (2-0) [1/29]

Nikolai Kaspersky (185) (2-0) [1/29]

Juan Martinez (205) (2-0) [1/29]

Ant Thrax (170) (2-0) [1/29]

Izak Jeppesen (265) (2-0) [1/22]

Jin Mori (170) (2-0) [1/22]

Toby MacAlister (155) (2-0) [1/22]

Christopher Boyd (155) (2-0) [1/22]

Charlie Crucifer (155) (2-0) [1/15]

Joshua Whitlock (145) (2-0) [1/15]

Sugawara Ichirou (185) (2-0) [1/15]

1636285481sensei-fc-raw7.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

SENSEI FC 11: White vs Bouba is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by SENSEI FC, in conjunction with Paddy's Enhancing Drugs (160Q) on February 13, 2022 at Hayashi's Lounge in Tokyo, Japan.

[Official Preview]

1643631622jHlONi1.jpg

[Main Card Bouts]

(Welterweight Division) Fredrik White (5-0) vs. Moussa Bouba (1-0)

Undefeated Muay Thai kickboxer Fredrik White was originally born in Helsinki, Finland, but has relocated to Las Vegas, Nevada, bringing

Long before relocating to Las Vegas, Nevada, Muay Thai stylist Fredrik White fought in the local QFC circuit of Helsinki, Finland. There he quickly made a name for himself as a devastating striker with powerful, technical strikes with a world class clinch game. He made his MMA debut against Magomed Kharimvotrik, a submission grappler. White made short work of the man, bringing the fight to him in the opening seconds before tying him up against the cage. Just one minute into the opening around, Kharimvotrik wilted under the relentless pressure of White's punches against the cage. Next he was paired up against fellow Muay Thai stylist Luke Rockhold. Once again the fight took place mostly in the clinch with White dominating and finishing his opponent against the cage. In his third bout, Fredrik White faced adversity for the first time in his MMA career when wrestler Joe Pills took him down in the opening seconds of their fight. White survived and controlled until the referee stood them up and finished Pills with brutal strikes from the outside. In his final appearance in the QFC arena, Fredrik faced a boxer by the name of Arunas Ziemelis. This man was arguably as good of a boxer as Fredrik White himself but he never had the chance to prove it. White did what he does best: push the pace, force his opponent to clinch, and make it an ugly experience for the man across the cage. All of Ziemelis's experience with boxing failed to prepare him for the brutality of fighting White in the clinch. Soon he became the fourth man in seven days to fall to the professional fury of Fredrik White.

Fredrik White's most recent fight came at SENSEI FC 6 where he faced off against acclaimed Muay Thai striker Jaden Tufalo. This would prove to be the hardest fight of Fredrik White's career as Tufalo was capable of hanging with him in the clinch. The two battled for twenty-five minutes both against the cage and at a distance. Although White was arguably landing the better shots, his face clearly wore the marks of battle. At the end of the day we had a bloodied but unbroken Fredrik White holding his hands in the air.

Born and raised in Douala, Cameroon, Moussa Bouba struck out on his own at a young age to train in the gentle art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. He proved to be a talented grappler, eventually earning a brown belt in the art. He had never dreamed of actually having to use his skills as a prizefighter, he simply wanted to learn to defend himself while practicing something he enjoyed. After some gentle urging from teammates, Moussa agreed to take a single fight just for the experience; he signed with the SENSEI FC promotion shortly after. At SENSEI FC 8 Moussa Bouba faced off against fellow brown belt Patrick Hall. “Just stick to my training,” Bouba told himself as he stared across the cage at Hall. Bouba was shocked when he ate a big punch immediately but then his training kicked in and he tied Hall up, pulled guard, and began working for a submission immediately. Hall defended well but attempted an ill timed scramble to escape and fell into an armbar from his wily opponent. Bouba may lack the blood lust of some of his fellow fighters but he has realized that he has a real talent for fighting and wants to see how far this can go.

bVrWvw4.png

(Heavyweight Division) Pekka White (2-0) vs. Penny Wise (0-2)

Helsinki, Finland native Pekka White is an undefeated Muay Thai stylist known for his devastating striking power and threat of clinch control. White made his MMA debut in the local QFC arena where he faced off against undefeated kickboxer Joe Barbaro. The two strikers exchanged big shots in the opening seconds before Barbaro initiated a clinch. After three minutes of grueling striking against the cage, White hurt Barbaro with a punch and finished him with power punches at a distance. Next White faced 1-0 wrestling prospect Killer Return. After surviving Return's ground onslaught in the first round, a clinch battle ensued in the second frame which strongly played into White's game. Midway through the second round, White hurt Return with big shots against the cage and finished him with followup action.

Known affectionately as “The Politician” by friends, Penny Wise is a boxer from St Petersberg, Germany. Much like his opponent, Wise has thus far fought out his career in the QFC arena across two bouts. Wise made his MMA debut against submission grappler Mohamed El Shaarawy. Wise came out aggressive, looking to assert his dominance early on but ran into a brutal head kick from Shaarawy that pu him down but not out. Penny Wise managed to make a big comeback, dominating the remainder of the opening round. Penny ran away with the lead in the second round, thwarting all of the grappling attempts of his opponent while picking him apart from the outside. In the third round however, El Shaarawy scored a takedown into mount, finishing the fight via rear naked choke. Next Penny Wise was paired up with undefeated Muay Thai striker Powder Puff. Despite his less than intimidating name, Puff carried some serious power with his shots. Wise discovered this first hand when he was dropped with an uppercut and later finished with a barrage of punches against the cage, just thirty seconds in the opening round.

(Light-Heavyweight Division) Ronan Frost (1-0) vs. Seiji Tanikawa (0-0)

Originally from Nottingham, England Ronan Frost moved to London to follow his dreams of becoming an MMA world champion. Having aligned himself with the management of Ben Hornby and the Golden Team, Ronan trains out of the London MMA Club alongside champions Enzo Williams and Mariusz Dominator who compete elsewhere. Ronan made his professional debut at SENSEI FC 6 where he faced off against iron chinned brawler Razan Hase. The bout would prove to be an exciting one with both men trading big shots as soon as the opening bell sounded. After battering Hase for the better part of a minute, Frost brought the fight to the ground to prove that he could. After standing back up, Frost cracked Hase with a big head kick that sent him tumbling to the canvas. After the two went back at in the center of the cage, Frost clinched and pulled guard. Although Hase reversed to the top position, he fell into the guillotine choke of Ronan Frost.

Seiji Tanikawa is a freestyle fighter originally from Osaka, Japan, currently living and training out of London, England. Seiji trains out of the Gym Goroshi London training center.

(Middleweight Division) Josh Blaze (0-0) vs. Jerry Spike (0-1)

Originally from Auckland, New Zealand, Josh Blaze lives and trains out of Sydney, Australia where he has been training in preparation of his long anticipated MMA debut. When asked about his martial arts background, Josh blaze was self-described as a boxer but assures this writer that his ground game is solid.

Equal to the challenge is Los Angeles, California native Jerry Spike. In his lone MMA bout, Spike was paired up with undefeated backyard legend Timo White, who would go on to win four MMA bouts before disappearing just as abruptly as he appeared. Spike became the third of four men to fall to the shocking power of White. By all accounts he has learned from this painful lesson and is ready to prove himself in his promotional debut.

(Super-Heavyweight Division) JR Jenkins (2-0) vs. John Ryland (1-0)

Undefeated sensation JR Jenkins is a talented wrestling standout that has earned a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Jenkins made his MMA debut as so many did in the local QFC scene where he earned a unanimous decision over fellow wrestler Bob MCBobington. Not long after, Jenkins signed with SENSEI FC, making his promotional debut at the organization's fourth event. His opponent was wrestling standout and BJJ purple belt Olavi Korhonen. Although his foe put up a fight in the opening round, Jenkins dominated Korhonen with his superior grappling as the two traded submission attempts. The ground and pound of Jenkins kept his opponent on the defensive throughout the opening round. In the second round, Jenkins maintained top control as he battered Korhonen with heavy shots before hurting and finishing him.

Promotional newcomer John Ryland has a tall order ahead of him in this bout but he has declared himself up to the task. In his lone MMA bout, Ryland faced off against an undefeated local brawler in the QFC arena. After struggling through early adversity in the opening minutes of the fight, Ryland came back with a big display of heart to knock his opponent out cold with punches.

[Undercard Bouts]

(Light-Heavyweight Division) Benjamin Read (1-1) vs. Kelvin Cadenhead (0-0)

Teased by teammates for his thick English accent, Benjamin Read is a longtime resident of Hilo, Hawaii. He is a heavy handed boxer that made his MMA debut in the regional QFC circuit. In his debut performance he was paired up with future Slavic Fighting League light-heavyweight champion Boryenka Belsky. That would prove to be a tough night out for Read, who had never experienced any form of grappling in any of his boxing matches and was caught off guard by the abrupt change in rules. Despite this setback, Read signed with SENSEI FC and made his promotional debut at SENSEI FC 4 against undefeated kickboxer Hendrix Parker. The two striking aficionados met in the center of the cage trading heavy leather with both men landing big punches. Although Parker seemed to be getting the better of the initial exchanges, it was the raw horse power of Benjamin Read that put his opponent down for the count, earning himself a lightning fast first round knockout.

Kelvin Cadenhead is the next stalwart kickboxer to challenge Read to half dressed fisticuffs. Cadenhead is a longtime resident of Las Vegas, Nevada, where he trains out of the prestigious Scrap Squad gym. With a sparring partner like Anti Championship Berkut featherweight champion Vasily Grossman, Cadenhead has a wealth of fighting knowledge under his belt coming into this exciting MMA debut.

(Welterweight Division) Bert McAlroy (4-1) vs. Ichiro Sato (1-0)

Described by pundits as the dark horse of the SENSEI FC 11 prelims, Bert McAlroy has a wealth of experience under his proverbial belt already. Bert entered into MMA by taking part in the QFC 1078 Welterweight Tournament where he knocked out Yibo Chang, Chopper Durill, Isidro Alvarado, and James Jones to become the tournament champion. He was quickly signed up to compete in the Newark Regional Circuit's New Years Eve event last year. There he was paired up with phenom wrestling standout Lars Phantom. Although the entirety of their bout would take place on the feet, McAlroy would show moments of ground competence when he reversed the talented wrestler in a shocking display of defensive grappling. In the end, the top control and ground strikes of Phantom would force the referee to end the winning streak of the undefeated slugger from Seattle, Washington. At only twenty-two years of age, it's easy to see why many are calling Bert McAlroy the up and coming fighter to watch coming into this match.

Originally from Saitama, Japan, Ichiro “Zero” Sato has relocated to London, England, where he trains out of the Gym Goroshi London training center. Ichiro made his MMA debut at SENSEI FC 6 where he faced off against BJJ brown belt Vernik Dahl. Sato put on a kickboxing clinic against Dahl, chopping away at the man's legs before putting him on his back with a monster of a head kick. One minute into the round, Sato cleaned Dahl's clock with a left hook straight out of Rocky 3, earning him the first round knockout victory.

(Light-Heavyweight Division) Masa Saitoh (0-0) vs. Killian Finbarr (0-0)

We have two MMA newcomers making their professional debuts against one another in this exciting preliminary bout. According to my personal spy within his fight camp, Masa Saitoh seems to be fairly well rounded although I've received no definitive glimpse at what he does best or how he will approach this fight. Seeing as how he has a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, logic would lead me to assume that he means to turn this into an ugly grappling match while he searches for the submission.

Ugly it will have to be since he has a tall mountain to climb against Irish Killian Finbarr. Reportedly a talented striker, Finbarr would be the first to tell you that his grappling is extremely limited at best. Will he be able to put Saitoh away before getting taken down?

(Lightweight Division) Gervonta Davis (0-0) vs. Harada Sanosuke (0-1)

Known affectionately by teammates as “Tank”, Gervonta Davis is making his MMA debut here. Described as a striker, Davis trains out of St Petersburg, Germany where he trains alongside Saul Alvarez.

Across the cage will be returning SENSEI FC fighter Harada Sanosuke. Having made his debut at SENSEI FC 5, Harada showcased powerful takedowns whn he faced off against Adolfo Uchiha. Although that fight did not go Sanosuke's way, he vows that he has overcome the issues that plagued him in his last appearance and will be able to put his skills on full display this time around.

(Middleweight Division) Genji Okumichi (0-1) vs. Saul Alvarez (0-0)

Hailing out of Kyoto, Japan, Genji Okumichi is a former amateur boxer that is making his return to the SENSEI FC cage. He previously competed at SENSEI FC 4 where he fell victim to the grappling prowess of Jomar Habbestano.

Originally from Guadalajara, Mexico, Saul Alvarez is a striker that has put himself under the tutelage of Frank Costello. Having moved to St Petersburg, Germany to begin training in mixed martial arts, Saul is making his MMA debut in this match which promises to deliver fireworks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

SENSEI FC 11: White vs Bouba was a mixed martial arts event held by SENSEI FC, in conjunction with Paddy's Enhancing Drugs (160Q) on February 12, 2022 at Hayashi's Lounge in Tokyo, Japan.

[Official Review]

1643631622jHlONi1.jpg

[Undercard Bouts]

(Middleweight Division) Genji Okumichi (0-1) vs. Saul Alvarez (0-0)

Round 1 – This fight promised fireworks and boy did it deliver! Straight out of the gate these two strikers started exchanging strikes. It became abundantly clear that Alvarez was the superior technician of the two as he went to work early with shots to the body. Okumichi tried to fire back but was whiffing shots in a big way. Okumichi took a step back to catch his breath and Alvarez rushed forward with an uppercut that put his opponent out cold. Saul Alvarez def. Genji Okumichi via KO (Punch) at 0:29 of round 1!

Akrcw68.png

(Lightweight Division) Gervonta Davis (0-0) vs. Harada Sanosuke (0-1)

Round 1 – During the previews for this fight, the question was asked: will Davis be able to connect with his strikes before getting taken down? The answer became clear five seconds into the fight! Gervonta Davis caught Harada Sanosuke coming in for a takedown, clocking him with a stiff one-two combination that put Sanosuke down and following up with ground n pound! Gervonta Davis def. Harada Sanosuke via TKO (Strikes) at 0:05 of round 1!

vvpJHUF.png

(Light-Heavyweight Division) Masa Saitoh (0-0) vs. Killian Finbarr (0-0)

Round 1 – Killian Finbarr wasted no time in shooting for the legs of Killian Finbarr, bringing the fight to the ground and landing himself in side control on top. This was a confusing decision since Killian Finbarr is a striker with literally no grappliong background. Masa Saitoh immediately worked his way to half guard and then to guared. Saitoh reversed to the top position and began working ground and pound, battering Finbarr until the referee had seen enough. Masa Saitoh def. Killian Finbarr via TKO (Strikes) at 1:59 of round 1!

tqAwIRG.png

(Welterweight Division) Bert McAlroy (4-1) vs. Ichiro Sato (1-0)

Round 1 – Bert McAlroy dominated this fight with his superior boxing. The overwhelmed kickboxer Ichiro Sato did his best to fire back with a leg kick but it only prompted more abuse from the heavy handed pugilist. McAlroy channeled his inner Diaz with a slap that seemed to stun Sato. McAlroy capitalized on this by pushing forward with big punching combinations followed by a big left hook that knocked Sato out cold! Bert McAlroy def. Ichiro Sato via KO (Punch) at 0:49 of round 1!

M7HKJRC.png

(Light-Heavyweight Division) Benjamin Read (1-1) vs. Kelvin Cadenhead (0-0)

Round 1 – Four punches. That's all it took for Benjamin Read to knock out Kelvin Cadenhead. This fight was over so fast that the ring card girl hadn't even sat down yet. Read bloodied Cadenhead with a jab and worked him over with a few more punches, with the fourth winning him the fight in brutal fashion. Benjamin Read def. Kelvin Cadenhead via KO (Punch) at 0:18 of round 1.

Bib4Hjq.png

[Main Card Bouts]

(Super-Heavyweight Division) JR Jenkins (2-0) vs. John Ryland (1-0)

Round 1 – Jenkins jabbed Ryland in the face to start our main card off; Ryland tried to answer back but whiffed the shot. Jenkins pushed forward with a takedown into half guard on top of Jenkins and started going to work with ground and pound before advancing into mount! Ryland began desperately trying to force a standup from this horribly disadvantageous position but to no avail! Jr Jenkins managed to spend the remainder of the round on top hammering away at Ryland as the two battled for position.

Round 2 – An early clinch from Jenkins started us off; after a failed takedown attempt separated the two, Jenkins clinched once again. After another failed attempt at dragging Ryland to the canvas, Jenkins brought him down with a single leg takedown. Jenkins worked some short ground n pound from half guard until Ryland exploded out of the position. The two ended up pressed against the cage. Jenkins bodied Ryland back to the ground but Ryland sprung right back to his feet with little effort. The two attempted to establish range with their punches while Jenkins continued to creep forward looking to grapple. Jenkins clinched again, threw Ryland to the ground, and once again John Ryland escaped to his feet. With time ticking away, Jenkins rushed forward, forcing a clinch, throwing Ryland to the ground. Jenkins began working for an arm triangle but contented himself with stalling out the remainder of the round on top in side control dropping short elbows.

Round 3 – After an exhausting second round, Jenkins started us off with a big takedown into the guard of John Ryland. Jenkins seemed to be stalling on top, attempting to rest for a minute but Ryland took the opportunity to scramble to his feet. Jenkins immediately rushed forward, pushing his man against the cage. Jenkins brought the fight to the ground once again, land ing in guard. Once again Jenkins mostly stalled for time to recover in this top position. After about a minute of top control, the referee stood them up. Sensing that he had a gassed opponent in front of him, John Ryland started landing punches at will. Ryland was working the head and the body, landing combinations, hitting Jenkins with everything he had. The two were staggeringly tired by this point. One big punch or takedown could have won the fight for one or the other at this point. Jenkins pushed for a takedown but Ryland stuffed it with ease and went back to work with his punches. Left, right, left! Again and again Ryland punished Jenkins. Ryland cracked Jenkins with a big combination that dropped him to the canvas! He allowed Jenkins to clamber back to his feet and put him back down with a big right hand! Again Jenkins stood on wobbly legs and again Ryland dropped him with a well timed right hand! Again and again Ryland tagged Jenkins. After Jenkins went down a fourth time, the referee mercifully saved him from further abuse. John Ryland def. JR Jenkins via TKO (Strikes) at 3:42 of round 3!

IhzFTVv.png

(Middleweight Division) Josh Blaze (0-0) vs. Jerry Spike (0-1)

Round 1 – Josh Blaze came out aggressive from the getgo, throwing but not landing with frequency. Josh Blaze attempted a big takedown but nothing doing. Blaze took a big deep breath and tied Spike up in a tight clinch but then the two separated. Spike began landing punches at this point and Blaze started looking for the takedown again with no success. For the remainder of this round, Jerry Spike put on a striking clinic against his fatigued foe.

Round 2 – Spike went back to work with his boxing. After four minutes of eating shots, Blaze managed to score a takedown into side control. For no reason at all, Blaze stood up and ushered Spike back to his feet. Blaze spent the remainder of the round trying to correct his mistake with another takedown but it never came.

Round 3 – This round belonged entirely to Jerry Spike. Josh Blaze tried to bring the fight to the ground on multiple occasions but Spike as wise to his plans and deftly avoided it all. Spike dominated until the final bell, landing shots the entire time. Jerry Spike def. Josh Blaze via Unanimous Decision (30-25, 30-25, 30-24).

Zj0WFBS.png

(Light-Heavyweight Division) Ronan Frost (1-0) vs. Seiji Tanikawa (0-0)

Round 1 – After missing a head kick and avoiding an attempted counter-left, Frost shot in for a doomed takedown attempt. Frost circled away and tagged Tanikawa with a big right hand that busted his nose up. Tanikawa was throwing full power shots that were missing by miles. As Tanikawa lunged in with a big hook, Frost cracked him with a head kick that put him down! Tanikawa seemed to wake up from hitting the mat and quickly rushed to his feet! Frost pushed forward with another head kick attempt followed by a few jabs. Tanikawa was in big trouble but defending well! Tanikawa circled away, slapping the leg of Frost with a kick as the striker moved in for the kill. Frost cracked Tanikawa with another big shot that absolutely pancaked the poor man's nose. Frost pushed forward with more punches! He sensed that he had this man hurt and almost out of the fight but Tanikawa kept defending and landing shots, defending and landing shots. Tanikawa pushed forward with a left to the boy and a right upstairs that bloodied Frost's lips! The two began exchanging power punches in the center of the cage, with Tanikawa answering Frost blow-for-blow until he dropped Frost with a big right hand! Frost jumped to his feet and Tanikawa met him on the way up with another monster right hand that put the man down once more! Tanikawa pushed forward with shots on the ground and Frost covered up, prompting a referee stoppage! Seiji Tanikawa def. Ronan Frost via TKO (Strikes) at 2:28 of round 1!

o9fuP3O.png

(Heavyweight Division) Pekka White (2-0) vs. Penny Wise (0-2)

Round 1 – Pekka White came out very aggressive with punches in the opening minute of this fight, opening a cut on the face of Penny Wise. After eating a counter-shot from Wise, White thought better of it and clinched instead. White began working heavy punches against the cage and it became clear that Wise had no answer for this style of fighting. Wise went down from big uppercuts and White finished him with punches. Pekka White def. Penny Wise via TKO (Strikes) at 2:57 of round 1!

oNWOIOG.png

(Welterweight Division) Fredrik White (5-0) vs. Moussa Bouba (1-0)

Round 1 – Fredrik White opened this fight with a jab that busted up the nose of Moussa Bouba. White followed it with a big shot to the solar plexus. Bouba tried to clinch but White backed away and tagged him with another big shot up the middle. White circled away, landing a jab as he moved back to the center of the ring. Bouba clinched and tried to push White against the cage; White was having none of it, he reversed and pushed Bouba's back to the wall. After defending a takedown attempt from Bouba, White started pouring on short range punches. White landed short hooks to the body, a big left hook to the head, and pulled out of the clinch. As Bouba came forward to tie White up again, White met him halfway with a looping overhand right! Bouba went down with his legs stiff and eyes blank! Fredrik White def. Moussa Bouba via KO (Punch) at 0:36 of round 1!

mSWbGoA.png

[After Action Report]

Fight of the Night: John Ryland vs JR Jenkins

Knockout of the Night: Gervonta Davis

Submission of the Night: N/A

Active Winning Streaks (2+ consecutive wins within SENSEI FC)

Viatus Enormis (135) (3-0) [1/29]

Gabriel Mellios (185) (3-0) [1/22]

Fredrik White (170) (2-0) [2/12] +

Benjamin Read (205) (2-0) [2/12] +

Vladamir Fedetenko (265) (2-0) [2/5]

Manuel Requina (135) (2-0) [2/5]

Pops Ceballos (145) (2-0) [2/5]

Lazor Kwiatkowski (265+) (2-0) [1/29]

Nikolai Kaspersky (185) (2-0) [1/29]

Juan Martinez (205) (2-0) [1/29]

Ant Thrax (170) (2-0) [1/29]

Izak Jeppesen (265) (2-0) [1/22]

Jin Mori (170) (2-0) [1/22]

Toby MacAlister (155) (2-0) [1/22]

Christopher Boyd (155) (2-0) [1/22]

Charlie Crucifer (155) (2-0) [1/15]

Joshua Whitlock (145) (2-0) [1/15]

Sugawara Ichirou (185) (2-0) [1/15]

• Upvote 2

20a1.jpg

JERRY SPIKE: "I remember, as a kid, watching PRIDE and being mesmerized by the talent and fortitude on display. But PRIDE is no more. This is our time now, the time to teach to the world that Japan is still the house of the best MMA. So strap in, because my masterclass has just begun."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20211107114352beltraw3.gif

We are after 11 events. 11 really, really good events. Sensei FC 12 is coming next! Some fighters showed to the whole world their skills, they proved to all fans from Japan and the whole world what they can. And... It's just a beginning. It's just a beginning of the new era. Now it's time for champs. Who? Who will be the first champion? Title fights are coming... Soon. Really, really soon.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16316851348012.gif

"Gloomy" Yasuda Takahiro (380343)

"Hiya all Sensei FC fans! It's Yasuda Takahiro here, "Gloomy". I have an important message for all MMA world and all MMA fans. Maybe my English is not that perfect as Japanese, but... But I'm sure that the whole world will understand my significant words.
TOP... TOP... TOP... I'm coming for the top of my division. Step by step. My trainings going well, really, really well! I'm superb fast, getting stronger, every of my skill is going up!
I'm listing a lot of sad or aggression music before some trainings. That's my best way to relax. Rap rules, bruhs!
My next fight is really important for me. Hope to have 2 fights wins streak! I'm coming for the KO... I have no fucking idea in what round... I would bet possibly for the second.
For all fighters in my division, watch out, guys! Watch out, the most dangerous, the most talented sad man is coming for you all! "Gloomy" is climbing on the top. TOP OF THE TOP! Soon. Be ready for my punches!
Seeyyyyaaa, no greetings."

• Upvote 1

Leroy Brown: All you cool cats and fine ladies thank you for tuning into another episode of Bad Bad Leroy Brown the baddest man in the whole damn town's show. I have Ajin Heceda with me another bad bad man.

Ajin Heceda: Thanks for having me here. 

Leroy Brown: What have you been up to you cool cat?

Ajin Heceda: Well the Jr. Olympic games are now over. So been focusing strictly on my upcoming fight.

Leroy Brown: How did the Jr Olympic games go?

Ajin Heceda: I won the Gold in both Free style and the Greco Roman 145 pound division.

Leroy Brown: You might just be the baddest man in the whole damn town.

Ajin Heceda: I don't know about that I'm not badder than Ole King Kong like you.

Leroy Brown: Still an impressive feat even if it's just the Junior Olympics. You also said you have been preparing for your MMA match coming up how is that going?

Ajin Heceda: Well obviously since I was preparing for the Junior Olympics my wrestling has been getting better but training for my MMA fight my BJJ has gotten a lot better I even received my purple belt.

Leroy Brown: Wow isn't your opponent also a bjj practitioner and a purple belt?

Ajin Heceda: Yeah Araki is. He's been at bjj a lot longer than I have though, but the coaches and one of my BJJ sparring buddies at the gym James Howlett since I'm fighting not only 145 but 155 as well and so is James but anyways they say I'm a bit of a natural. Now that doesn't keep James from still making me tap everytime we roll around but he does say it's getting a little more difficult.

Leroy Brown: I've heard about James Howlett. He's the youngest Canadian born BJJ black belt and Abu Dhabi Champion in history and undefeated currently in MMA right?

Ajin Heceda: That's the one.

Leroy Brown: No wonder you are getting good rolling around with a guy like that.

Ajin Heceda: Helps you get better and keeps you humble for sure.

Leroy Brown: So how is your fight with Araki going to go? On paper being same BJJ belts and you have got to have the wrestling advantage being a Jr Olympic Gold medalist in both freestyle and Greco Roman.

Ajin Heceda: Yeah even though I'm only 17 I'm probably one of the best wrestlers in all of Sensei FC. As far as the fight I see me taking him down where we both want to be and with him being at BJJ a lot longer than me I plan on using my wrestling knowledge and background to work my way around to getting the back mount giving me a big edge in BJJ to get the submission and not have to worry about his.

Leroy Brown: What about after your 145 pound fight?

Ajin Heceda: That's a good question. After my 145 pound fight with Araki my plan is to keep training and prepare for a 155 pound fight.

Leroy Brown: Anyone in mind for the 155 pound fight?

Ajin Heceda: Well I fully expect to win my fight with Araki but you never know how it's going to go. It's really up to Sensei FC but if I win and given how new everyone in Sensei FC is I would assume I would get a match against one of the top guys in the division of 155.

Leroy Brown: Do you plan on bouncing back and forth between the divisions?

Ajin Heceda: Yeah I fully plan on fighting 145 and then 155 and then 145 and then 155 and so on and so on. It's not hard for me since I walk around at 150 I only cut 5 pounds to make 145 and I don't really have to cut for 155. Wrestlers are known for cutting weight so if there was a weight class in the Junior Olympics between 145 and 160 I probably would have competed in the higher weight class but the average 160 wrestler is probably cutting about 10 pounds and giving up 20 pounds of muscle at such a high level is a lot to give up.

Leroy Brown: I bet you still could have done it.

Ajin Heceda: I don't know about that. But I'm glad to have did what I did for my country.

Leroy Brown: Well all you cool cats and fine ladies tune in next time to the baddest man in the whole damn town and bring other bad men in other towns to you.

• Upvote 1

SENSEI FC 12: White vs Bouba is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by SENSEI FC, in conjunction with Paddy's Enhancing Drugs (160Q) on February 19, 2022 at Hayashi's Lounge in Tokyo, Japan.

[Middleweight Division]            Gabriel Mellios                  versus Todd Andrade

[Featherweight Division]           Yasuda Takahiro              versus Jevon Grimson

[Middleweight Division]            Nathaniel Lewandowski   versus Bob Allen

[Light-Heavyweight DivisionShozo Amisaki                   versus Pablo Asprilla

[Super-Heavyweight Division] Max Planck                        versus John Kowalski

[Light-Heavyweight DivisionPetr Sirotek                       versus Dave Sub

[Super-Heavyweight DivisionCallum Adams                 versus Niven Grier

[Welterweight Division]             Harley Bird                        versus Vernik Dahl

[Middleweight Division]             Shane Fergusson                versus Kojuro Kano

[Middleweight Division]             Aki Nakatani                          versus Shaun Wallace

16441643191SJQUNr.jpg

[Undercard Bouts]

(Middleweight Division) Aki Nakatani (0-1) versus Shaun Wallace (0-2)

Aki Nakatani is a Muay Thai striker from Tokyo, Japan. He trains out of the Gym Goroshi London training center. In his lone MMA bout, Aki Nakatani faced off against fellow striker Pat Garrett at SENSEI FC 5. In their bout, the two Thai fighters fought at a kicking distance as well as in the clinch. In the end, Nakatani came out on the wrong side of the fight.

Shaun Wallace is another Muay Thai striker. Training out of the exclusive training center known as The Nonce Hunters, Shaun has competed twice in mixed martial arts. His MMA debut took place in the local QFC arena where he faced off against Jack Bruce. Unfortunately, Shaun was caught off guard by the takedown prowess of Bruce and soon found himself submitting to an armbar. Shaun made his promotional debut at SENSEI FC 4 where he fought David Pele. Shaun Wallace dominated the sections of the fight where the fighters were striking or clinched up. In the second round, Pele scored a takedown and eventually went on to force a tap out with a rear naked choke.

(Middleweight Division) Shane Fergusson (0-1) versus Kojuro Kano (0-1)

Shane Fergusson is an eighteen-year-old amateur kickboxer from Iverness, Scotland. With fighting as a proud tradition in his family, Fergusson was drawn to the allure of mixed martial arts. After relocating to Amsterdam, Shane started training out of the exclusive Glory 4 Boxing gym. Shane Fergusson made his pro debut in a local QFC arena. There he faced fellow kickboxer Karl Koman. After going down from a big head kick, Shane engaged Karl in a slug fest but went down from a big knee to the chin.

Kojuro Kano is also eighteen years old and also a kickboxer. Straight out of Furano, Japan, Kojuro is now a resident of London England. He trains out of the Gym Goroshi London training center. Kojuro's first fight came at SENSEI FC 5 where he was paired up with the always aggressive Nathaniel Lewandowski. Kano initiated the early clinch and the two warriors dueled against the cage for the better part of four minutes. Kano was rocked by a brutal uppercut and later finished when another big shot put him down.

(Welterweight Division) Harley Bird (1-0) versus Vernik Dahl (0-1)

If you asked Harley Bird what his fighting style is, he would respond “fighter” with a smirk. Harley is young and well rounded, with ample skills in striking and in submission grappling. Harley's professional debut came at SENSEI FC 5 against Yibo Chang, a hard nosed wrestler. Although he was taken down immediately, Bird landed with a high guard and immediately locked in a fight ending triangle choke for the win. Harley trains out of the London MMA Club.

Vernik Dahl is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu brown belt from Sweden. He currently trains out of the prestigious Cozad MMA Helsinki. In his MMA debut, Vernik faced kickboxer Ichiro Sato at SENSEI FC 6. Dahl was never really able to get his game plan going; he shot for an early takedown and ran face first into a head kick from Sato that put him down but not out. Although he tried desperately to come back strong, Dahl soon fell victim to the power punches of his opponent.

(Super-Heavyweight Division) Callum Adams (0-1) versus Niven Grier (0-0)

Callum Adams is a kickboxer from London, England. He has aligned himself with elite training at The Nonce Hunters gym. Callum made his fighting debut in the QFC arena where he faced fellow kickboxer Powder Puff. Adams was surprised with Puff opted to bring him to the ground rather than stand and bang. Puff went to work with ground nl pound that opened a cut on the face of Adams, prompting a doctor stoppage.

Originally from Edinburgh, Scotland, Niven “Kilt” Grier has transplanted himself to New York, New York. Niven is not undergoing any sort of professional training at the time of this writing and his management could not be reached for comment.

(Light-Heavyweight Division) Petr Sirotek (2-1) versus Dave Sub (0-0)

Petr Sirotek is a mixed martial artist specializing in Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. In a fight, he brings the fire both on the feet, in the clinch, and on the ground. Originally from the Czech Republic, Petr has spent his recent years in London, England where he trains out of Cozad's gym. Petr fought his early fights in the regional circuit. In his debut he fell victim to future Slavic Fighting League light-heavyweight champion Boryenka Belsky. Late in the opening round of their fight, Sirotek fell to the power wrestling and ground n pound of Belsky. Petr immediately rebounded with a big win over former FWFC fighter Nemanja Kenitov, coming out victorious with a third round rear naked choke. In his most recent bout, Petr submitted wrestler Guilherme Pereira via second round rear naked choke.

Dave Sub is a BJJ brown belt from Malmo, Sweden. After competing at the TWGC 36 light-heavyweight tournament, Dave has decided to try his hand at mixed martial arts combat. Although he came up short in his bid to compete in submission grappling, he still managed to bring his much more experienced opponent the distance. To prepare for his MMA debut, Dave has been training out of the London MMA Club.

[Main Card]

(Super-Heavyweight Division) Max Planck (1-0) versus John Kowalski (1-0)

Before transitioning to mixed martial arts, Max Planck was an amateur boxer known in his hometown of Kiel, Germany for his technical punches and heavy hands. Max moved to London, England to further his training. While living there, he signed up for a short notice local MMA match. Sharing the cage with him was fellow boxer Nathaniel Ryan. Surprisingly, Nathaniel opted to wrestle with Max which won him the first round. However in the second round, Max managed to keep the fight standing and a slugfest ensued. Fifteen seconds into the second round, Max put Nathaniel down and out. Max Planck trains out of the Gym Goroshi London training center.

John Kowalski is a freestyle fighter that does it all; punches kicks, grappling, submission attempts. In his lone MMA fight, Kowalski displayed heavy hands and a well rounded skill set. In his professional debut, John was paired up with blue belt BJJ practitioner Jamie Hutch. Their fight started with Kowalski tagging Hutch with a big combination that put him down, hurt badly. Kowalski jumped into side control and a ground battle ensued. While Kowalski worked ground and pound from the top position, Hutch fought for a submission. Midway through the opening round, the referee stood the fighters up due to inactivity. Kowalski began one of my least favorite fight strategies: clinch-and-release. He performed this feat for the remainder of the first round and started it anew before scoring a takedown into the guard of Hutch. Kowalski rolled for a kneebar and Hutch reversed into the top position but then stalled until the referee stood them up once again. The third round was more of the same with Kowalski pulling clinch-and-release before scoring a pair of takedowns. The referee even got involved with a standup near the end. In the end, John Kowalski walked away with the judge's nod.

(Light-Heavyweight Division) Shozo Amisaki (1-0) versus Pablo Asprilla (0-1)

Shozo Amisaki is a Muay Thai stylist from Sapporo, Japan. His lone MMA bout took place at SENSEI FC 5 against pugilist Rick Bells. Although Bells seemed to be dominating the opening seconds of their fight, he chose to clinch which is where Amisaki's skills are allowed to shine. Against the cage, Amisaki dominated Bell; after busting his face up with short range shots, the doctors finally halted the match to protect the damaged fighter.

Hailing out of Monteria, Colombia, Pablo Asprilla is also young and also favors Muay Thai in his approach. Like his opponent, Pablo has fought his single fight within the confines of the SENSEI FC cage. At SENSEI FC 3, Pablo faced Japanese wrestler Yujiro Okada. Their fight would be a short one as Okada scored an early takedown and controlled Asprilla until a submission opportunity presented itself.

(Middleweight Division) Nathaniel Lewandowski (1-0) versus Bob Allen (0-0)

Nathaniel Lewandowski is young but very well rounded despite it. He trains out of the Japanese training center named Simply The Best which currently boasts four world champions. Many think that Lewandowski has the potential to become the fifth. Nathaniel made his MMA debut at SENSEI FC 5 where he was paired up with fellow kickboxer Kojuro Kano. Nathaniel made a big splash in this debut performance as he dominated Kano both on the outside and in the clinch, finishing him with strikes in the opening round.

Bob Allen is an unknown; a newcomer to the sport. A lifetime resident of Los Angeles, California, USA, Bob is reportedly a kickboxer that trains out of Stewie's Training Center. Bob is reportedly a striker with decent wrestling.

(Featherweight Division) Yasuda Takahiro (1-1) versus Jevon Grimson (0-1)

Yasuda Takahiro is a proud young Japanese fighter that specializes in Muay Thai. Training out of the exclusive Gold Samurai's Gym, Yasuda has fought his entire MMA career inside of SENSEI FC. Yasuda made his debut at SENSEI FC 1 where he ran into an absolute hammer named Joshua Whitlock. Takahiro was defeated but survived five knockdowns in a massive display of heart and courage. Takahiro rebounded at SENSEI FC 7 with a big knockout win over boxer Takehiro Kubo.

In the buildup to this fight, Takahiro has been very vocal in his proclamation that he is coming to score a knockout. He professes that he will soon be at the top of the top.

Standing across the cage begging to differ at these words will be Jevon “The Reaper” Grimson. Originally from the Bronx, New York, Jevon is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu blue belt that trains out of the world famous Cozad's MMA gym. His lone MMA bout came in the regional circuit where he was defeated by a boxer named Earth Quake.

(Middleweight Division) Gabriel Mellios (3-0) versus Todd Andrade (1-0)

Although initially he comes across as soft spoken, gentle, and unassuming, Gabriel Mellios can be anything but. When we sent our writer to speak with Gabriel in the weeks leading up to his main event showcase, we discovered that he is quite the public figure in his hometown in Luxembourg. After growing up participating in the local wrestling programs, Gabriel discovered that he had a passion- and a talent- for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Shortly after, he began competing as an amateur in MMA although it was mostly for fun. A chance meeting happened at an MMA show in which Gabriel met with some French businessmen that happened to be huge fans of the sport. They saw the potential in Gabriel and encouraged him to branch out and see how far the wings of hope could carry him. After helping him get paired up with the elite management of K Britt, he eventually moved to Los Angeles, CA, USA, to begin training full time as a mixed martial artist.

So few turn to prizefighting in his small region that Gabriel is something of an oddity. When he first announced that he wanted to transition from wrestling to fist fighting other men in a cage for money, the responses ranged from mild amusement to questioning his sanity. However after seeing his continuous success in the sport and the fan reception that he has gotten along the way, Gabriel is living a life not unlike Mr Deeds in his small town.

Gabriel Mellios signed with the brand new SENSEI FC promotion, promising big things in his debut performance. At SENSEI FC 1, Gabriel delivered on his promises. His opponent was Roy Sorby, a world class kickboxer from the UK. Mellios wasted no time in changing levels and dumping Sorby on his head. From the top position, Mellios was a demon straight out of hell, dropping punches and elbows until his broken opponent shelled up and prompted a referee stoppage. Next Gabriel faced fellow wrestler Charlie Fredrickson. Gabriel allowed Fredrickson to take him down and then dominated on the ground, reversing to the top position and beating Fredrickson like he insulted his mama.

In his most recent bout, Gabriel faced fellow BJJ brown belt and undefeated MMA fighter Karl White. This man was on a four fight winning streak, having submitted four straight opponents before his meeting with Mellios. The opening round took place mostly in the clinch off of a failed takedown from White. The clinch fighting was ugly but one-sided as Mellios worked short elbows against the cage to bloody White. In the second round, White scored a takedown that led to his own demise; Mellios reversed position and worked himself into half guard where he locked in the fight ending Kimura.

His opponent is Thai boxer Todd Andrade. Fighting out of Las Vegas, Nevada, Andrade trains out of Cozad's gym. Although we attempted to reach Todd Andrade for comment on this fight, he was so busy receiving elite training at Cozad's that he left me on read. His lone MMA bout took place in the QFC arena where he dominated an arguably more skilled striker in Eduard Folayang. Andrade showcased that he is more than a striker when he punched, kicked, clinched, and wrestled his way to a unanimous decision victory.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I loved the write-up, but have to correct about Mellios that he is from the small European nation of Luxembourg.  It's a nation, not a region of Germany.

Everything else about the write-up is great, and everything else about Mellios is correct from the background information he asked for from which to write.

• Upvote 1