An MMA Tragedy- How Long Can This Continue?

Frito Lei is 72 years old, a veteran of 248 pro MMA fights, a raging alcoholic, and still fighting in the QFC because that $250 "show" money will buy him enough bottom shelf vodka ($12.50 for a 1.75 liter plastic jug of America's finest vodka) to get him through the next couple of weeks.

He's thrice divorced, been knocked out 121 times in his career, has lost 207 fights, is likely suffering from advanced CTE/dementia, and hasn't made it past the first round in his last 30+ fights.

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=64446

Yet he tragically soldiers on, and the QFC continues to book his fights, because jobbers/stat padders are always needed, and the QFC will gladly exploit a fighter to make a buck.

My question:  Is there a mandatory retirement age, or will Frito continue to get pounded until he one day dies in the octagon? 

If he is forced to retire from MMA, where does he go from here?  Other than US Senator or President, are there any jobs an old man with such  significant cognitive impairment could peform?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

2 hours ago, libertarian4321 said:

Frito Lei is 72 years old, a veteran of 248 pro MMA fights, a raging alcoholic, and still fighting in the QFC because that $250 "show" money will buy him enough bottom shelf vodka ($12.50 for a 1.75 liter plastic jug of America's finest vodka) to get him through the next couple of weeks.

He's thrice divorced, been knocked out 121 times in his career, has lost 207 fights, is likely suffering from advanced CTE/dementia, and hasn't made it past the first round in his last 30+ fights.

Yet he tragically soldiers on, and the QFC continues to book his fights, because jobbers/stat padders are always needed, and the QFC will gladly exploit a fighter to make a buck.

My question:  Is there a mandatory retirement age, or will Frito continue to get pounded until he one day dies in the octagon? 

If he is forced to retire from MMA, where does he go from here?  Other than US Senator or President, are there any jobs an old man with such  significant cognitive impairment could peform?

lmao

add 5 second KO over the GOAT to his resume. I actually have to live with a 5 second loss to this guy. I've never forgiven him, and I often extract revenge on him whenever the opportunity arises.

W Kenny Smith Frito Lei KO (Head Kick) Quick Fight Championship 2022-01-06 1 00:05
   W Taz McKane Frito Lei KO (Strikes) Quick Fight Championship 2022-01-01 1 00:05
   W Van Harvey Frito Lei KO (Punch) Quick Fight Championship 2016-07-09 1 00:11
   W Brick Tamland Frito Lei Submission (Armbar) Quick Fight Championship 2016-06-23 1 00:43
   W Orlando Diggs Frito Lei KO (Punch) Quick Fight Championship 2015-09-11 1 00:24
   W Orlando Diggs Frito Lei KO (Punch) Quick Fight Championship 2015-07-26 1 00:05
   L Kaambi Ayouba Frito Lei TKO (Kick and Punches) Quick Fight Championship 2015-04-01 1 00:05
   W Ben Stone Frito Lei KO (Head Kick) Quick Fight Championship 2011-12-03 1

00:40

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, libertarian4321 said:

I can't answer you about mandatory retirement age, but I have a feeling tycoon magic will prevent him from dying. Today an alliance member posted a screenshot of a game PM they received about their fighter being rushed to hospital and put on an IV drip because they had dropped to a dangerously low weight and were dehydrated. I had never even heard of this message before and the game put his fighter back up to 120lbs before cut. I remember seeing him as low as 75lbs. So around there, the game rushes you to hospital.

On the other end of the spectrum though, there are a couple of 400-500lb fatties around and I've seen a 1000+lb fatty. No hospital visits for them and they live on!

1 hour ago, Daudy said:

On the other end of the spectrum though, there are a couple of 400-500lb fatties around and I've seen a 1000+lb fatty. No hospital visits for them and they live on!

Really, there should be a special conditional programmed in for this one...and you get a *special* doctor stoppage in the cage...this time TKO (Stroke).

"Oh no, the doctor has been called into the cage by the ref and he's checking for a pulse...'so and so' looks awful, sweaty yet pale...good gracious, this fight has been called due to death by stroke!"

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, libertarian4321 said:

What's crazy is I don't even show he has Boxing or Wrestling skills, at all. It's not even Useless. lol

53 minutes ago, Mannetosen said:

There used to be a guy with negative weight before Mike implemented the IV drip. His cut weight was actually higher than his walking around weight and he'd get rocked from throwing a strike.

Do you happen to have any links to fight replays by any chance? I'd love to see it.

21 hours ago, Jet said:

Ikki?

This low blow hasn't gone unnoticed. RIP Ikki. I'll kick off the eulogy.

If it wasn't the 'betes or the 'rona, it was probably the lack of marijuana or drugs in your diet. May you party in heaven/hell in eternal bliss. P.S. please stay away from the virgins and don't violate your 1000ft from a school zone court ordered mandate in the afterlife.

❤️

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

This low blow hasn't gone unnoticed. RIP Ikki. I'll kick off the eulogy.

If it wasn't the 'betes or the 'rona, it was probably the lack of marijuana or drugs in your diet. May you party in heaven/hell in eternal bliss. P.S. please stay away from the virgins and don't violate your 1000ft from a school zone court ordered mandate in the afterlife.

❤️

Didn't know he passed RIP.

Ikki is no longer breathing heavily

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Mannetosen said:

There used to be a guy with negative weight before Mike implemented the IV drip. His cut weight was actually higher than his walking around weight and he'd get rocked from throwing a strike.

I have it bookmarked but since not VIP I can't access it to link it. IIRC he was minus 22# during that fight

On 12/6/2022 at 7:03 PM, Jet said:

I laughed so hard I terrified the cat...in my neighbours house.

Ladies and gentlemen, after -3033630593:05 of round 1, we have a winner by way of KO (Slam). Leo Chapman!

Damn near killed me IRL

On 12/5/2022 at 7:12 AM, Daudy said:

Put some respect on King Kong Dong 🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=372382

On 12/6/2022 at 7:57 AM, popart said:

A legend. An inspirational hero of the game. Here is a piece I did on him awhile back.

The legend is currently lying behind a Skid Row flop house, in a puddle of his own urine, after a night of heavy "training" for his upcoming QFC bout.  

Some say his current 53-fight loss streak taints the legacy of this once promising young fighter.  I disagree.  It's empowering for boomers to see one of their own climb into the cage to take a thumping at the hands of fighters 50+ years younger.

As his manager, and beneficiary of his life insurance policy, I enjoy every fight!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...