More fighter slots.

MMATycoon

Hi all.

I got asked today to increase the number of fighter slots you're allowed to buy from 25 to (more). What are people's thoughts on that? It's only set at 25 as an arbitrary number, essentially because I didn't wanna look greedy and let people buy endless fighter slots for $.

However, I don't really feel like it's a competitive advantage to have e.g. 30 fighters instead of 25. 

What are people's opinions? I'd need to make the decision asap to let people create fighters for the island in the next day or so. 

Thanks. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MMATycoon said:

Hi all.

I got asked today to increase the number of fighter slots you're allowed to buy from 25 to (more). What are people's thoughts on that? It's only set at 25 as an arbitrary number, essentially because I didn't wanna look greedy and let people buy endless fighter slots for $.

However, I don't really feel like it's a competitive advantage to have e.g. 30 fighters instead of 25. 

What are people's opinions? I'd need to make the decision asap to let people create fighters for the island in the next day or so. 

Thanks. 

Are talking about additional island slots or permanent?

It was me and I was referring to permanent slots - but in the context of FOMO with the island because I'm already maxed + 2 from spin and win (so 27).

At a certain point with a big roster you'd probably have to farm guys out to other gyms which might breathe some life into public gyms - especially if it's a 'made' fighter and you're just maintaining skills. I also don't believe it would give a serious advantage in hiddens farming, because the 15 day limit (or VIP day payment) still applies. Also more slots for active managers mean more fighters, and I think that's generally better for the game.

But this was before I realised I had a bonus 2 for the island bringing me up to 29... I'm just a sucker for having more guys and fights all the time and that's primarily where I was coming from.

• Like 1

I don't see a huge issue adding fighter slots. The only added element of "competitive advantage", if you can even call it that, would be the increased ability to test fighter hiddens and using less VIP time to sack fighters early. If managers want to spend the up front money and manage a larger roster, so be it. 

• Like 1

I think you'd probably need a lot of fighters to break even on an average Private Gym with 12 Elite Coaches wages vs Fighter Fees so 30 isn't a big deal on that angle.

I'd happily take more slots & I am completely fine paying for them as this game is relatively inexpensive & at least with fighter slots you aren't getting locked into a increase in daily expenses and you keep them if you drop out of VIP for whatever reason.

So I see Fighter slots as a reasonable way to raise some extra funds for the game myself, gives me more to do.

And "big Picture" it allows a smaller population of players to help increase the overall activity of the game by pumping more fighters into the available pool for fights - if they choose to get them.

Could probably add even more than the 30 suggested like 1 per weight division, but even 5 would be nice.

And could add 5 more again next year - like same day the Island opens.

I dont see how it could hurt to have the option of buying as many slots as you want personally. As mentioned above at some point it would be impossible to have your entire roster in your own private gym with quality training so would force some fighters back into public gyms and possibly makes that a profitable business venture again rather than a money pit that is just accepted as a necessary expense to develop your fighters.

Also gets people a little more active as you could have a handful of projects on the shelf training and still manager a full roster of fight ready guys.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MMATycoon said:

Edit - if you wanna jump in before that's active, you can send a donation with the right amount and a note of your username / what it's for. 

I have another suggestion.... Any possibility of letting managers own an Island business even if they already own the same business type on the mainland? I think that would help generate some more options as I doubt there are many experienced managers that are going to be willing to giving their mainland org or business that they have worked to build in order to run one for 6 months on the island. If you were allowed to run one business on the island with no vip penalty and without having to close their mainland org or business I would think some would jump on that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CelticStryder said:

I have another suggestion.... Any possibility of letting managers own an Island business even if they already own the same business type on the mainland? I think that would help generate some more options as I doubt there are many experienced managers that are going to be willing to giving their mainland org or business that they have worked to build in order to run one for 6 months on the island. If you were allowed to run one business on the island with no vip penalty and without having to close their mainland org or business I would think some would jump on that.

I wouldn't have a problem with it in principle, but we wouldn't be able to do it now, as it'd mean reprogramming the back end of all the business pages. If you look at e.g. the gymmanager.php page, there's no company ID in the URL, it just looks up if you as a manager own that company type, as I never thought anyone would want more than one of the same company, when we were programming the site. That'd need changing for every manager side page for all the company types. 

@MMATycoon Is there any potential for discussion on the upping of learning speed? A recent trend ive noticed is by time some guys are getting to open ID skill they are already hitting depop due to age. That and with how long it takes to build fighters it hurts with player retention once their crop of fighters age out and it also makes it harder to attract new players when there is such a huge gap to be surmounted. Ive noticed universally ive only seen manager praise for this idea.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Icon73 said:

@MMATycoon Is there any potential for discussion on the upping of learning speed? A recent trend ive noticed is by time some guys are getting to open ID skill they are already hitting depop due to age. That and with how long it takes to build fighters it hurts with player retention once their crop of fighters age out and it also makes it harder to attract new players when there is such a huge gap to be surmounted. Ive noticed universally ive only seen manager praise for this idea.

Discussed as a purchased option in the following:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MMATycoon said:

I wouldn't have a problem with it in principle, but we wouldn't be able to do it now, as it'd mean reprogramming the back end of all the business pages. If you look at e.g. the gymmanager.php page, there's no company ID in the URL, it just looks up if you as a manager own that company type, as I never thought anyone would want more than one of the same company, when we were programming the site. That'd need changing for every manager side page for all the company types. 

Totally understandable..... Possibly an improvement that could be made for next Island season? On the mainland only benefit I can really see in owning two of the same type of business would be having access to basically order double the units per month. I think it hurts the Island though because if I am going to put the work into creating a clothing shop for example what benefit is there for me to choose the island where the season is only 6 months, I have limited access to funds and my potential customer base also has limited access to funds. If I had the option to run my mainland clothing shop and also open a clothing shop on the island that would make a lot of sense to me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jet said:

Game and/or learning speed increase is something everyone ik agrees on

For sure.... I think the time it takes to create an 18yo properly and training them to a level they can compete in Open ID probably drives a lot of new managers away from the game because it takes a lot of time and patience.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Skuzbukit said:

Discussed as a purchased option in the following:

As a paid option I think it is flawed and unfair. Increase it for everyone. Training speed should be doubled game wide. 0.75 should be the slowest.

If people want a paid advantage in training I think a 3rd training slot daily or something to that effect would be a much better option then just outright selling learning speed.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MMATycoon said:

Edit - I think it should be good to go now.... Lemme know if you have any issues. 

Page won't let me buy any more, tried clearing cache & with different browsers.

15 of 20 slots purchased, when trying to buy those extras Clicking the Lookup button isn't working for me so I am not able to populate the Username & Manager ID fields, they are staying Grey & purchase cannot proceed for any quantity selected.

More-Fighter-Slots-Bug-15-20.jpg