Nominations: Middleweight Fighter of the Year 2022

Icon73

This is the official nomination thread for Middleweight fighter of the year 2022

This award is for the Middleweight fighter that was the best/most successful over the course of the year. 

A fighter only needs to be nominated once to be added to the voting stage

Nominations will end January 19th

On 1/8/2023 at 5:12 PM, The1rstSaint said:

Chip Nickel Billy A king of the MW's not even close

It’s Very very close actually man..

My vote is for Winston Todd. Olympic Champion and dominated all year until the end. 

Recently bias is kinda bullshit. Todd had one of the best years I have ever saw.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stpierrecanada said:

My vote is for Winston Todd. Olympic Champion and dominated all year until the end. 

Recently bias is kinda bullshit. Todd had one of the best years I have ever saw.

Considering each and every time I voted, I Said the term "Not even Close" it was pointed at one DBomb who used the term perviously, I feel your pain with seeing such an absurd and tasteless comment. Kinda proves my point? No one wants to hear that nonsense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The1rstSaint said:

Considering each and every time I voted, I Said the term "Not even Close" it was pointed at one DBomb who used the term perviously, I feel your pain with seeing such an absurd and tasteless comment. Kinda proves my point? No one wants to hear that nonsense.

You took such a small.comment to heart when you have no idea why I don't feel it is close.

As far as I know you only returned in march correct? How exactly is it supposed to be a close race when you missed a quarter of the year?

IMO the consistent quality of Celtics work in EVERY department (you don't even own a clothing store, he has created a franchise of stores and designs)

From January to December of 2022 Stryder put out elite avatars, elite clothing designs, elite posters as well as other graphics and such.

So TO ME PERSONALLY (as in just my own gosh darn opinion) its not a close race this year. He wins by a wide margin.

You both put out high quality poster and avatar work but Celtics IMO looks slightly cleaner.

You don't have a clothing store or designs and he does.

He has 3 more months of work on you.

Does that mean I think he's way better than you or more talented? No I never said any of that. But I think 12 months of conistsent work in all design categories warrents a landslide win this year.

So weird you chose this route man. It was never that serious my brother.

2 hours ago, The1rstSaint said:

giphy.gif

35 minutes ago, Icon73 said:

You took such a small.comment to heart when you have no idea why I don't feel it is close.

As far as I know you only returned in march correct? How exactly is it supposed to be a close race when you missed a quarter of the year?

IMO the consistent quality of Celtics work in EVERY department (you don't even own a clothing store, he has created a franchise of stores and designs)

From January to December of 2022 Stryder put out elite avatars, elite clothing designs, elite posters as well as other graphics and such.

So TO ME PERSONALLY (as in just my own gosh darn opinion) its not a close race this year. He wins by a wide margin.

You both put out high quality poster and avatar work but Celtics IMO looks slightly cleaner.

You don't have a clothing store or designs and he does.

He has 3 more months of work on you.

Does that mean I think he's way better than you or more talented? No I never said any of that. But I think 12 months of conistsent work in all design categories warrents a landslide win this year.

So weird you chose this route man. It was never that serious my brother.

So, in your theory because I was not around for the first three months, I shouldn't even be considered? Lmfao. Last year's winner was only around for three months, and you approved of his him being nominated. Of course, he worked for you as well, so the amount of time he put in doesn't matter right?

Web_capture_12-1-2023_154716_www.mmatycoon.com.jpeg

Regardless in my 9 months span I'm pretty sure I have matched all others Avatar sales and then some. Sure, some may have prospered more but I like to give people quality work for cheap as shit prices. As for posters I have done only 3 less than your org for the whole year, in my 9-month span. 

I am obviously taking nothing away from @CelticStryderhe does phenomenal work, but to say it's not even close is absurd IMO.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The1rstSaint said:

So, in your theory because I was not around for the first three months, I shouldn't even be considered? Lmfao. Last year's winner was only around for three months, and you approved of his him being nominated. Of course, he worked for you as well, so the amount of time he put in doesn't matter right?

Web_capture_12-1-2023_154716_www.mmatycoon.com.jpeg

Regardless in my 9 months span I'm pretty sure I have matched all others Avatar sales and then some. Sure, some may have prospered more but I like to give people quality work for cheap as shit prices. As for posters I have done only 3 less than your org for the whole year, in my 9-month span. 

I am obviously taking nothing away from @CelticStryderhe does phenomenal work, but to say it's not even close is absurd IMO.

The guy I nominated last year was making video poster graphics, something ive never seen in the game before or since to the level he did it in posters. Thats why. He was extremely innovative. He had what many people thought was the best poster of the year as well as second.

When did I day you should not be considered? I just said its not close IMO. 

Also you didnt address the clothes or anything. Also bringing up volume of posters is odd, that just means you have more events. 

Anyway you're an amazing talent who did amazing posters for me as well.

I don't think Fury vs Usyk would be close. Doesn't mean I fault anyone for picking usyk. He's an amazing talent.

Sorry if I offended.

3 minutes ago, Sprooch said:

this was a lot to unpack.

Were just having are yearly awards debate. I felt the need to state my case for why it's not a Not even close scenario. Great artist should thrive off one another and I think me, and Celtic have done so this year. I won't let someone discredit me in the process, even if it's just an Opinion on nominations lmao.

Apology accepted @Icon73.

21 hours ago, stpierrecanada said:

These votes are all about the recency bias. Todd was my FOTY up until he met Exotic and lost twice. Road has the same issue - beat Exotic but lost twice to Roli Poli. Then Todd also beat Nickel at the start of the year. 

It between Todd, Road, Exotic and Nickel and as you said it is really close between all four. It is a shame the Olympics still isn't held at the end of the year to help with deciding FOTY but instead was held in April to help with Syn Supernova. 

1 hour ago, ArtieBanks said:

These votes are all about the recency bias. Todd was my FOTY up until he met Exotic and lost twice. Road has the same issue - beat Exotic but lost twice to Roli Poli. Then Todd also beat Nickel at the start of the year. 

It between Todd, Road, Exotic and Nickel and as you said it is really close between all four. It is a shame the Olympics still isn't held at the end of the year to help with deciding FOTY but instead was held in April to help with Syn Supernova. 

Thats not why it was held in April? We had an entire org owners board on Discord that decided when was a good time for everyone then I proceed to do all the work of convincing mike and sorting through sign ups and such. The next one is supposed to be this summer and I'm actually the one who proposed we move the next year one to summer as thats when the Olympics usually are.

Why choose to say something like that when its not true?