LEVEL MMA: Summit Series

Carciofi

16993810958259.jpg

I have to admit I had my money on Wang, and Jone got it done the same way I had via guillotine, I wasn't surprised but I did think Wang had the goods to beat Jone.

I am looking forward to a tough match up against Jone, this will be a true test of my grappling skills. My coaches are preparing me well and we know how dangerous Jone is so we will not be taking him for granted, he'll be the toughest match up thus far, but we aren't going in there to lose I will be doing everything I possibly can to secure a win.

• Like 1

IMG-9040.webp

LEVEL SUMMIT SERIES - Grappling Level Round 6 Highlights

Tokyo, Japan

FOTN - Caique Lima vs Frank Brown

Fucking hell. Whoever gambled on these odds at the bookie made out like a bandit! Lima shocks the world and backpacks Frank Brown before sinking in a Rear Naked Choke. I want to speak to anyone who had that result on their Bingo Card because I’ll need betting tips from you moving forward. Congratulations to Lima on his first victory in the Series and in doing so, manages to submit one of the front runners  

SOTN - Lysander Birdwhistle

Bob fucking Slay. Need I say more? 6 fights, 6 finishes, 4 OTN awards  Birdwhistle is on fire!

HONOURABLE MENTIONS

Jone White tears a page out of Birdwhistles playbook and chokes a Wang. He’s now gone 6/6 on finishes and shares the lead with Lysander. The two meet each other next Sunday and oh my days am I looking forward to the next card! 100% top billing.

Young Blood remains pointless, but it’s clear that the grappling stages were never going to be in his game-plan. I sense some payback will be forthcoming from this man in the next round. (Shout out to Maximus for saving me from writing a new paragraph - copy n paste bitches!)

Rockmuller, Suita and Robillard quietly accumulate points while Panda and Kona look to be stalling a bit.

Round 7 next week. Final round before Group A and Group B mix for domination. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Tonight is the night! We get to witness a pivotal match up that has the potential to be a rivalry in the making. Jone White and Lysander Birdwhistle will battle it out for the #1 spot heading into the final round of the grappling leg. Barring any crazy upsets on the next 2 cards, tonight could very well signal the winner for the round  

There are plenty of opportunities to change the rest of the landscape as well and this is not one to be missed. 

16993810958259.jpg

I'm excited, prep is done, training week has been brutal as my coaches want me to be at my absolute peak for this match up but everything has gone well, if I lose I will not have any excuses if I win the hard work will have paid off - for this phase, there's still a long way to go in this tournament but this feels like a title fight & in a way it is, for the best pure grappler of the tournament and no matter who wins & who loses it will undoubtedly set the tone for everything to follow, it will set the bar for all the confict to ensue and it will ignite passions in every fighter to claw back any & all losses they may have suffered so far, some scores will be sttled some will just be inflamed further.

What a time to be alive & what a great tournament design this is shaping up to be.

• Like 1

IMG-9040.webp

LEVEL SUMMIT SERIES - Grappling Level Round 7 Highlights

Tokyo, Japan

FOTN - Tinashe Chukwuma vs Frank Brown

In what could be described as an upset, Chukwuma manages to defeat Frank Brown by submission in this highly competitive match. Very close on points throughout the fight, Chukwuma seemed to overcome previous struggles with conditioning and overcomes the relentless ground game of Brown. 

SOTN - Hung Young Wang

The Mighty Wang penetrates another opponent’s defence and thanks to his stellar position, drives home an excellent finish.

HONOURABLE MENTIONS

Birdwhistle vs White went to a decision however it was never really close. Lysander took the undefeated White into deep waters, dominating from the opening bell and settling the question of who was the better grappler. 

Mac Little puts a Macho stamp on Group A as his fighter tops the division going into the final round and matches up with Birdwhistle for the #1 spot.

Don Rockmuller (from the eerily quiet Winterbottom Camp) and Tinashe Chukwuma had a slow start, but managed to ramp up their points output as the grappling rounds wore on. A testament of determination and heart. Lima seems to have hit his stride also, submitting Ted Kona and adding to his point total.

• Upvote 1

16993810958259.jpg

I'm slightly disappointed to not get the finish over Jone, nothing really emerged to go for 100%, but we expected him to be prepared and have great defences so we had to settle for positional dominance, he did throw up a fair number of subs as I attempted to gain more control so he was still very aggressive but I countered that though lots of movement & sub attempts of my own. A tough match up as expected but my team and I are satisfied with a clear points win against a very dangerous guy.

Next up I will facing the grappling phase's ultimate wet-blanket who has progressed through the tournament with smothering top pressure and little-else.
This will be a boring fight for the fans unless I can throw up some solid sub attempts, a lot of which I expect to have to do from my back as he has a very strong base & positioning, strangulation will be the goal but I'll settle for twisting his arms or legs off if he leaves one out there for me to snatch up, whatever I can get, as I badly want to be the fighter to make him tap.

• Like 2

18w6.jpg

Super Macho Man: The fans want to see me, naturally, I mean why else would they be there? So I keep the top position and give them their moneys worth. Always think of the fans. Tapping? Pfft, crazy idea, could lose me minutes of prime time exposure now that I reached the final, won't happen.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2024 at 3:37 PM, jjsquirrel said:

18w6.jpg

Super Macho Man: The fans want to see me, naturally, I mean why else would they be there? So I keep the top position and give them their moneys worth. Always think of the fans. Tapping? Pfft, crazy idea, could lose me minutes of prime time exposure now that I reached the final, won't happen.

16993810958259.jpg

Congratulations on another victory by way of extreme boredom.

The referee doing absolutely nothing for over 4 minutes while you just laid there like a corpse was bad. you may have managed to bore him to sleep, I am sure I heard him snoring.

I knew I had to get a sub to prevent a snooze-fest and it was on me to get something to stick, but in my defense trying to shift your big dumb lump of a body for 15 minutes when you barely move and never try any finishing moves was exhausting, being purely a blanket is one way to win I guess but If you are really here looking to build a fan base for a movie career you are doing it all wrong man, nobody likes your "style" and they have Nyquil for insomnia.

Ultimately I am disappointed with myself, I got beat by the most boring fighter in the whole tournament & I shouldn't have let that happen, but it wasn't just me who lost, the fans lost too and arguably the entire sport loses when fighters like you have success doing so little.

All that said, I am very happy with my record so far, and there are 2 more stages to go.

• Like 2

IMG-9040.webp

LEVEL SUMMIT SERIES - Grappling Level Round 8 Highlights

Tokyo, Japan

FOTN - Super Macho Man vs Lysander Birdwhistle

Regardless of the seemingly unpopular style Macho brings to the grappling phase, and despite Lysander’s disappointment in the outcome, there is no denying the effective gameplan the Mac Little camp brought to these rounds. Birdwhistle dominated early and strung together 12 points in the opening 3 minutes by securing the takedown and advancing position early on; in fact, this looked to be another masterclass in the making. Then he got swept. While there were some offensive attacks from the bottom, Macho Man quite frankly reversed the roles, and transitioned from advantage to advantage racking up an amazing 23 points with relative ease to take home top honours for the leg.

SOTN - Frank Brown

Frank Brown is…unpredictable. He’s shown flashes of brilliance throughout the grappling rounds, but has also faltered in some matches seemingly fighting to the level of his competition. Nonetheless, Brown rises to the occasion tonight and topples another Group B favourite in Jone White.  

HONOURABLE MENTIONS

What to say about Don Rockmuller? We know he doesn’t take kindly to Wang’s in his face. If Wang thought he was hard going into this match, Don threw cold water all over that plan. Wang shrinks away from a dominant defeat.

Chukwuma, Lima, and Suita continue their upward trajectory and finish the grappling phase with submission victories. Ted Kona also bags another submission over Summit Panda. 

Young Blood remains pointless, but it’s clear that the grappling stages were never going to be in his game-plan. I sense some payback will be forthcoming from this man in the next round. (Shout out to Maximus for saving me from writing a new paragraph - copy n paste bitches!)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

WE WILL NOW HAVE A 2 WEEK TRAINING BREAK, WITH THE TOURNAMENT RESUMING ON MARCH 17th. 

Groups organized by Grappling Round results  

3 x 3 minute rounds

Ring

Whole fight scoring

LEVEL SUMMIT SERIES - KT Groups

GROUP A

1. Super Macho Man

3. Frank Brown

5. Don Rockmuller

7. Ted Kona

10. Rogelio Nunez

12. Michel Robillard

14. Jack Brittle

16. Young Blood

GROUP B

2. Lysander Birdwhistle

4. Jone White

6. Hung Young Wang

8. Summit Panda

9. Jacek Suita

11. Caique Lima

13. Tinashe Chukwuma

15. Kenji Matsuda

LEVEL SUMMIT SERIES - KT RD 1

GROUP A

1. Super Macho Man (UD) vs 16. Young Blood

3. Frank Brown (UD) vs 14. Jack Brittle

5. Don Rockmuller vs 12. Michel Robillard (TKO)

7. Ted Kona (KO) vs 10. Rogelio Nunez

GROUP B

2. Lysander Birdwhistle vs 15. Kenji Matsuda (TKO)

4. Jone White vs 13. Tinashe Chukwuma (KO)

6. Hung Young Wang (TKO) vs 11. Caique Lima

8. Summit Panda (TKO) vs 9. Jacek Suita

LEVEL SUMMIT SERIES - KT RD 2

GROUP A

1. Super Macho Man vs 12. Michel Robillard (UD)

3. Frank Brown (UD) vs 7. Ted Kona

16. YoungBlood vs 5. Don Rockmuller (TKO)

14. Jack Brittle vs 10. Rogelio Nunez (TKO)

GROUP B

15. KenjiMatsuda vs 6. Hung Young Wang (TKO)

13. Tinashe Chukwuma vs 8. Summit Panda (TKO)

2. Lysander Birdwhistle vs 11. Caique Lima (UD)

4. Jone White (KO) vs 9. Jacek Suita

LEVEL SUMMIT SERIES - KT RD 3

GROUP A

12. Michel Robillard (TKO) vs 3. Frank Brown

1. Super Macho Man (UD) vs 7. Ted Kona

5. Don Rockmuller vs 10. Rogelio Nunez (TKO)

16. YoungBlood (UD) vs 14. Jack Brittle

GROUP B

6. Hung Young Wang vs 8. Summit Panda (KO)

15. KenjiMatsuda vs 13. Tinashe Chukwuma (TKO)

11. Caique Lima (UD) vs 4. Jone White

2. Lysander Birdwhistle vs 9. Jacek Suita (KO)

LEVEL SUMMIT SERIES - KT RD 4 - FINALS

GROUP A

12Michel Robillard vs 8. Summit Panda

3. Frank Brown vs 6. Hung Young Wang

1. Super Macho Man vs 13. Tinashe Chukwuma

7. Ted Kona vs 15. Kenji Matsuda

10. Rogelio Nunez vs 11. Caique Lima

5. Don Rockmuller vs 4. Jone White

16. YoungBlood vs 9. Jacek Suita

14. Jack Brittle vs 2. Lysander Birdwhistle

18w6.jpg

Super Macho Man: Eh, the "reward" for winning the grappling phase is to be first out against the top striker? And we are supposed to actually hit each other now? Eh, I'm cool with that of course.. but there is something completely unrelated I have to tell you. I accidentally grabbed birdmans hair at one point in our match which is an illegal move.. trust me I know all about it from people not being able to keep their hand away from my beautiful mane.. but anyway as I'm all about sportsmanship I'm coming out to say as it is.. and accept my DQ and transfer to the other group.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...