Savage Scholarship Program

Rocket

169030871416262218611594292556mr87Nx1.png

1690308714savage%20banner.jpg

That's right maggots, Savage Fightwear are relaunching our scholarship program, and this time it is bigger and better than ever.

Details

Here at Savage Fightwear we believe that Savages are not made, they are born. Similar to Apex predators, there is a will to hunt and kill in true savages which separates them from the rest. Our scholarship program is designed to shine a light on the most promising upcoming savages, providing a $100k, 122 day scholarship program as well as a whole new world of publicity and exposure. The program is not for everyone, many apply, most don't make it, and those who make it don't always complete the program.

This year we will be looking for up to 10 savages to take part in the program, an increase on our previous intakes of 5 per program.

Rules

• Savages must have no more than 10 fights on their record to enter the program, we believe after this landmark the program is no longer needed and you will have the toolkit to maul the world without entering the program.
  • Fighters are not allowed to switch managers, if your manager releases you through the program, you will be dropped and no longer able to reap any of the benefits of continuing on the path.
  • We will offer one place per roster, so if you have a whole stable of up and coming savages, choose wisely who enters the program, but feel free to nominate more than one.
  • All fighters must have their bio included on the main fighter page, a custom avatar is preferred though not essential. Extra points will be assigned to you during the allocations phase for creativity, so the more character depth you provide, the more likely you are to enter and receive a scholarship.
  • We will ask for regular check-ins particularly pre and post fight.
  • You must have a spare sponsor slot so that we can transfer the money to you and welcome you into the savage family.
  • You must walk, talk and act like a representative of MMAT's finest clothing establishment: Savage Fightwear.

Benefits

As already stated, entry into the program will provide your fighter with publicity and exposure the likes you have never seen. As well as a $100k 122 day sponsorship.

Every fighter entering the program will be given a custom clothing card such as the one below(scholarship cards will be unique to the entrants this image is reference only):

Upon Completion of the 122 day scholarship every fighter will then be given an upgraded, ultimate edition rare holographic card to wear on your fighter for life. See the example below(again for reference, scholarships will be unique):

Click here to see the clothing on the fighter

There will also be prizes and giveaways throughout the program.

N.B. If anyone would like to sponsor a prize for the program, please share what you are willing to put forward in the thread below. Please bare in mind the program is 122 days in length as per the maximum sponsorship length allowed, this will allow for 3-5 fights although maybe less.

The closing date for entries is Sunday 27th August, with the program rolling out on Sunday 3rd September.

Managers, nominate your killers.

Current nominees

Luke Smith

Daniel "Hype Boy" Marsh

Artemis Entreri

Bo Duran

Baby Dragon

Favela Samurai

Mick Taylor

"Le Tigre" Olivier Dujardin

Lamar Gordon

Benji Bonanno

Kwadwo Adunga Jr

Teo King

Juancho De La Rosa

Floki Gunnarsson

Jayilton Almeda

"Le Tigre" Olivier Dujardin

Surkho Dratchev

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

On 8/4/2023 at 6:26 PM, Rocket said:

Ty man. 

Would love to see you nominate a fighter if you have anyone. 

iDVwzQC.jpg

For your consideration:

PtQFd6o.png

Many moons ago, one hundred miles north of Australia’s most famous city (which is not the capital, funnily enough), a child of great promise was born. As was Daniel Marsh, soon after. Being the son of a journeyman boxer who feebly earned a record of 11-11-1 (1 NC) on the aussie regional scene, a young Daniel spent a considerable amount of time in the combat sport scene whilst growing up. Of course, this included many an hour at the gym too. Unlike his father before him, Daniel took to the sport of boxing like a duck to water and won a number of junior amateur tournaments throughout his teens both domestically and overseas, particularly in Japan.

pdKq9AU.png 

It was during an intermission at one such tournament in Japan that Daniel would discover a new, totally unexpected passion as he watched a musical performance from an obscure idol group who were acting as the event’s ring girls. Positively taken aback by the show, and by the girls themselves, Daniel found himself pumped up with reinvigoration and soon dispatched his final opponent of the night in record time. Right then and there, as his hand was raised in victory while surrounded by pretty (and some not so pretty) girls in frilly outfits, a sixteen year-old Daniel decided to dedicate his life to both combat sport and idols.

JMjbhYy.png 

Soon after his eighteenth birthday, Daniel returned to Tokyo from his home in Australia for a solo trip that he told friends and family was for “helping me find myself”. In reality, the young boxer had a 3-month long itinerary planned out that consisted of nothing but watching fights and attending idol shows. He planned his route across the country depending on where events were taking place accordingly and hopped from city to city enjoying his two favourite things. One day, while wandering the streets of Tokyo, Daniel stumbled across the DIAMOND UNBREAKABLE gym where its members were going hard during a session of sparring.

97dLUHz.png 

Daniel took an interest in the session and watched the fighters clash with a keen eye. While observing gym-members Yuuki Brixton and Kai Kitano exchanging blows, the arrogant Australian could not help himself and opted to mock Brixton about his boxing form. Unappreciative of the stranger’s comments however, Yuuki retorted with venom and soon the two had to be separated as fists began to fly. It was at this point that gym owner and MMA promoter Rei stepped in, offering the two young men a chance to settle their differences by way of a mixed-rules bout (in reality, it was a sanctioned professional MMA fight). The pair agreed and fought one another at GFC 1 in Los Angeles in a bout that was essentially little more than a hard sparring match – as the two exchanged leg kicks for jabs more than anything else. The pair then reconciled over fried chicken and beer after their fight, as per Rei’s suggestion.

Daniel “Hype Boy” Marsh (397464)

15223549882658.png

1-0-0

Now, Daniel has made a permanent move to Tokyo to train with the DIAMOND UNBREAKABLE gym with a career in MMA his goal for the future. It has been reported that Daniel signed a four-fight contract with LA based GFC, where he will be aiming to bag Featherweight gold. When asked his reasons for doing so instead of continuing life as a boxer, “Hype Boy” responded with:

“Well, it means I get to go to idol shows whenever I fancy. Oh, and it doesn't hurt that MMA fighters can’t punch to save their lives, just look at Yuuki for example. It should be an easy ride to the top. For someone special like myself anyway. I reckon that by the time I'm 30 I'll have a belt cabinet bigger than... someone who was really good. No doubt I'll have a pretty idol girlfriend too as well, since I'm so handsome and all that.”

Will the arrogance of "Hype Boy" bring about his downfall?

Will Daniel get submitted in embarrassing fashion, round 1 of his return fight?

Will he ever get that pop idol girlfriend that he believes he deserves? 

Who knows? Not me, that's for sure. But I'll stick around to find out, and only hope you do too.

Thanks for your consideration.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Bleakardor said:

I would like to nominate my fighter, John Fisher.  He was the unexpected black sheep of the stable that somehow at 145 keeps Knocking people out.    He's taking after his role model, Mickey O'Neil with that wiry frame and devastating punch.

Also recently signed to the org with the most handsome people.

14 hours ago, Bleakardor said:

Edit:  I didn't read correctly, thought it said minimum of 10 fights.  With that said, quick and easy change.  

Nomination: Hoodoo Brown  or  Artemis Entrari.  Dealer's choice!

not for us to decide who you put forward Bleak.

Add a bio to one or both fighters and i will add them to the submissions.

1 hour ago, Gator001 said:

G'day, I would like to throw my Akubra into the ring.

Mick Taylor

16795485307003.jpg

Also known as The Dead Dingoes Donger by his mates because of his dry wit. Mick lives in the far north somewhere along the Stuart Highway between Adelaide and Darwin. Works as a Roo Shooter and part time tour guide for british backpackers.

Please say he has a donk.

Ty for submitting pj

On 8/7/2023 at 11:35 AM, Rocket said:

Updated OP with current nominees, plenty spaces and plenty time to go.

Love this. People who have good ideas and make an effort add so much to this game.

Can I please nominate my fighter Loco De Mierda "Tan loco como tu abuela" (396157)

• Upvote 2