The Island Season 15

Rei

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The forums are only as active as people make them and these days I come across a lot of managers that say they never visit anyway. 

There's definitely an element of people waiting for 400k to hit but it's going to be a major disappointment for anyone expecting the game to magically come alive again. 

The game needs new players that will stick around. And new players need a reason to stick around. It also needs to happen en masse otherwise newbies just get swallowed up by the broken mechanics of a game that thrives with numbers and the general apathy of miserable jaded fooks like myself who love the game but are bored.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Alfred said:

The forums are only as active as people make them and these days I come across a lot of managers that say they never visit anyway. 

There's definitely an element of people waiting for 400k to hit but it's going to be a major disappointment for anyone expecting the game to magically come alive again. 

The game needs new players that will stick around. And new players need a reason to stick around. It also needs to happen en masse otherwise newbies just get swallowed up by the broken mechanics of a game that thrives with numbers and the general apathy of miserable jaded fooks like myself who love the game but are bored.

well said, mate.

• Upvote 1

400K will be the time the game comes alive again. Lots of people are freeing up slots now waiting for it.. me included. So also not a lot of fighter bio/smacktalk stuff going on. Would be great if we could also get a bunch of new players around that time. There should be so many fighters created that there will be good matchups for everyone. Would be a good time for Mike to run some advertising.

The whole thing of waiting for an id turn to play is a bit silly and not very transparent to newcomers, but is just how things work here I suppose.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Skuzbukit said:

Not sure it is even this game causing it to be quiet, some big games like Baldur's Gate 3 and Starfield launched recently that are probably keeping players focused elsewhere. 

I got 30 hours logged on bg3 this week and I'm still here! Hahaha.

I don't think we can blame new video games because this has been a thing for a while still, and has gotten worse over time. We all know the root cause is fatigue brought on by the game more or less being the same slow ride with no big changes since 2016 or whenever.

On 10/2/2023 at 4:28 PM, The1rstSaint said:

A little birdie told me it will start on the 15th now.

Maybe that should be officially announced somewhere like on the game news page so managers can see it in time.. if it now really happens on the 15th. But there is a certain charm as well to island season only being a thing for the people who know to follow an obscure forum thread or talk to birds. First rule, you never talk about fight island :)

• Upvote 1

Dyler Turden says:

Gentlemen, welcome to Fight Island.
The first rule of Fight Island is: you should talk about Fight Island.
The second rule of Fight Island is: Little Birdies that talk about the date Fight Island starts usually get eaten by cats!
Third rule of Fight Island: someone yells "What?", confesses to being a gimp, Falls asleep, the Fight Island conversation is awkwardly interrupted but it should not stop.
Fourth rule: anyone not already banned from Tycoon is allowed on Fight Island and everyone not already banned should be there.
Fifth rule: one fight org at a time per fighter, fellas.
Sixth rule: cool shirts, and shoes are only allowed on the way to the arena
Seventh rule: fights will go on for as long as the rounds are set at.
And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at Fight Island, you have to fight, declining fights will often get your fighter removed from the org & you don't wanna be alone on Fight Island where self-confessed gimps could fall asleep on you & wake up yelling "What?".