I have an idea, maybe you can help me shape it.

Bleakardor

So I have been bored as hell of late, so I figured why not to try something fun.  I have no clue if this will be the laughing stock of the community, or if we can bounce some ideas to see if it can work.  Here's the general idea..

"Call Out

A fight org where you pick your opponent.  Fighters will take to the forums, or via Buzz to call out an opponent.  Now, there are so many things that can branch from here as we'd have to consider.. Obviously, the fighter has to accept.  Once the fight is accepted, it gets approved through management.  This is primarily to avoid a skilled fighter padding his record by taking on a scrub looking for a payday.  Not that this can't happen at times to fill a card, but I don't think it would be a good idea for a common practice.  

Fight cards will be booked (minimum 7 days out) once we reach at least 5 fights.  We will then try to fill up the card with any additional last second call outs that occur.  If we end up with a 5 fight card, so be it.  This will be most likely a small niche group of managers competing or for "one off's" between two beefing managers or alliances.  With this format, you don't have to remain on the roster pick your fights.  You can call out another fighter from another org and work out the fight.  This would be a neutral ground if fighters want a fight but neither org is willing to let the other benefit.  Not likely to happen often, but it's an option.  Also would allow for hosting of alliance vs alliance style tournaments or contests of might.  Possibilities are limitless, honestly.

As for an active roster, if a fighter wants to begin his career here and pick and choose fights at will, that is perfectly acceptable.  Activity clauses can be set at 3 days or some short number.  If we were to hold any divisions with a title and allow fighters to take a shot via call out at the champ, I'm sure we can work out a functioning way to make that happen.  Perhaps the first two fighters in the division to reach 3 consecutive wins get a title shot.  And from then, once a fighter wins "X" fights in a row, they are eligible to call out the champ.  If no fighter reaches such goal in "X" days/weeks from the last title fight, the champ gets to make the call out.  

Again, there's so much that would go into this in laying the foundation and coming up with rules to keep it as fair and neutral as possible.  But I think it'd be fun to compete with a fighter or two in a situation like this,  allowing me to fight only a few times here and there while I train, then more active as I desire.  Once you're ready to go, move on to an established org and see how you stack up.  Make some enemies along the way, call them out, and come back to show them what "Call Out" is all about.  

I don't know, maybe I'm just high and this conversation should have never seen the light of day.  However, I truly feel this could be a fun set up for someone like me who can't seem to leave this game and just needs a little flavor mixed in to give it a new appeal.

So, I'd love to hear some feedback on this, and any suggestions to make this something worth trying.  

• Like 1

I have actually been playing around with something similar at SSD and love the idea.  I even offered 1 day inactivity clause contracts to any fighter that wants to compete in our Open-weight division on Buzz(zero takers).  I also reached out to a few orgs and reached an agreement to lend fighters back and forth as they wish.  I encourage our fighters to decline fights even if they just don't 'like' it. I don't own the org, and so don't have complete control, but I think what you're talking about would be my next step in what I'm looking to do.

I want to create an org where fighters can kind of govern themselves.  They can be lent to other orgs, come and go as they want, participate in QFC's, grappling, etc.  The hardest part about it is governing ID's, unless you just make it open ID, and also relying on the fighters/managers to find fights/recruit.  Lastly, also, it will be pretty tough scheduling cards.  

This is a kind of org I'd enjoy my fighters being in, so I'd like to make it happen also and I think it would be fun in the game.

• Like 1

My thinking is it could work if you can find enough managers who enjoy actively participating and engaging in creating storylines & rivalries, the folks who really go out & roleplay MMAT and make it interesting.

Problem is that like most other games a whole lot of folks are afflicted by terminal shyness and prefer to stay out of the limelight so they end up playing more passively, it;s why such a vanishingly tiny proportion even post on the forums at all.

• Like 1

Yeah, there isn't a lot of forum activity these days.  Hell, I'm as guilty of that as anyone.  I'd be willing to buy and build a basic website with an added forum for the use, but I don't think that would garner any more support than here.  Of course, if I bring on staff to help, maybe we can just do it by fighters DM'n me or someone else their call outs, and I can in turn notify the other manager and see about brokering the fight.  But yeah, it will be an uphill battle.  I just wish I had a way to spread the word to see if I could get some more input/feedback on the idea as to how to make it work.