Which tournament should happen?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which tournament should happen?

• Wheel of Finishes
    • Level 10
    • Death Spiral
    • Death spiral round 1 Wheel of finishes round 2
    • AWC 2024

I'm actually working on something you might be interested in.  It's not a tournament, but it would be a great place to either kick one off or do the finale of one.  It's also based in NYC, where your org is.  Me and a few other managers(There are like 5 orgs involved in some capacity already) are going to try and organize a kind of 'International Fight Week' combined with Japanese NYE show event in NYC for this summer(I'm still debating on the name).  There's a bunch of stuff I don't want to give away in the forums just yet, as I JUST started planning this like 2 days ago, but there will be a large focus on cross-org fights, big stadiums, and kind of making it a week long event.  It will involve all types of businesses, also.  Really, just something to drive involvement and hopefully make the game feel a little more 'alive'.

Just something to keep in mind if you'd like to try and do something that coincides time-wise and can be a part of it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jersey said:

I'm actually working on something you might be interested in.  It's not a tournament, but it would be a great place to either kick one off or do the finale of one.  It's also based in NYC, where your org is.  Me and a few other managers(There are like 5 orgs involved in some capacity already) are going to try and organize a kind of 'International Fight Week' combined with Japanese NYE show event in NYC for this summer(I'm still debating on the name).  There's a bunch of stuff I don't want to give away in the forums just yet, as I JUST started planning this like 2 days ago, but there will be a large focus on cross-org fights, big stadiums, and kind of making it a week long event.  It will involve all types of businesses, also.  Really, just something to drive involvement and hopefully make the game feel a little more 'alive'.

Just something to keep in mind if you'd like to try and do something that coincides time-wise and can be a part of it.

You haven’t leaked much but it sounds grand. Looking forward to the official word. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Carciofi said:

You haven’t leaked much but it sounds grand. Looking forward to the official word. 

Yeah, I probably won't announce anything until early February, I'm currently just slowly recruiting managers/businesses to take part and fleshing out ideas.  I'd like to try and pull off a few 'outside the box' things that we don't see too often on here, and that's not always easy to plan, haha.  If you're interested, I'll be in touch.  

Just now, Carciofi said:

Truth. I started planning Summit in the summer lol. Good luck, looking forward to more interesting stuff!

I know, I wish I signed up then. I signed up a little late and I'm getting my ass kicked in the early grappling rounds!  It's fun though, I'm really enjoying the format.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jersey said:

Wish I could but my org is basically just me trying to figure out which fighter builds and tactics work best before my VIP runs out. I don’t know much about running an actual org and I’m sure it’s possible but idk if I’d do well enough running an org.

• 3 weeks later...

Has an idea I thought I’d run past you guys, not totally planned out but I was thinking something along the lines of a wheel with different types of finishes on them, and it’s spun each round of matchups and if your fighter wins with that finish they get a lot of points,  say 5, and a regular win is maybe worth 2. That would most likely be the second round of the tournament, and if they started with 16 there would be 7 finishes in the wheel which I think is a reasonable number. It would be a four round tournament, each round with some sort of twist on it, until we got to the finals. If anyone likes the idea of this like this post and contact me if you want to help plan. Is this a good idea? I could host at my org if needed.

Just spitting out ideas right now, have one I think could work. Basically there are levels, 1-10, and all fighters start on level 5. Pretty simple, a win, you go up a level, lose you go down. First fighter to beat level 10 first wins. If you are the only fighter on your level or an odd number of fighters are on your level (not sure if that could happen, not a mathematician) you either wait there for training, or if the level 1 above or below you has a solo, they can fight. If you lose on level 1, you are out. I’m sure there is something wrong with this format, so if you spot any errors point them out. 

I’m just looking for feeeback, so comment your thoughts and like/dislike. I do think that veteran managers who have experience running tournaments are more likely to garner interest for tournaments so if anyone likes these ideas PM me and we can work something out. If any of these tournaments happened we might need some donations for prizes since I’m broke, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Mike decided to chip in some VIP.

1 hour ago, Fireballer34 said:

Just spitting out ideas right now, have one I think could work. Basically there are levels, 1-10, and all fighters start on level 5. Pretty simple, a win, you go up a level, lose you go down. First fighter to beat level 10 first wins. If you are the only fighter on your level or an odd number of fighters are on your level (not sure if that could happen, not a mathematician) you either wait there for training, or if the level 1 above or below you has a solo, they can fight. If you lose on level 1, you are out. I’m sure there is something wrong with this format, so if you spot any errors point them out. 

I’m just looking for feeeback, so comment your thoughts and like/dislike. I do think that veteran managers who have experience running tournaments are more likely to garner interest for tournaments so if anyone likes these ideas PM me and we can work something out. If any of these tournaments happened we might need some donations for prizes since I’m broke, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Mike decided to chip in some VIP.

It depends on how many participants where the issues arise.  There are scenarios with way too many rematches, with multiple winners, or with it basically being a regular tournament with an ongoing losers bracket.  Not bashing the idea, it's a good start, just might need a little brainstorming and specifics.

That actually might be a fun ongoing format for an entire league, the more I think about it.  Anybody who loses at level 1 gets cut, title fights are always between level 9-10 guys, incoming guys all start between 4-6(or strict level 5, depending on hiring policy/ID restrictions), depending on their skill level(or hype/pop/rank).  The added fresh blood at times, the larger pool of fighters, and the fighters losing at level 1 getting cut negates lots of the issues I brought up.

Here's a suggestion Tournament Format

"Death Spiral"

16-Fighter, 25 year old Creation, round robin.

Each round is reduced by a day as the tournament progresses.

Scoring: Loss 0 pts, Draw 1 each, Decision Win 2, Finish Win 3

In the event of a points draw for a ranking position the least amount of fight duration is judged to be the highter positioned fighter.

A 14 days rest

B 13 days rest

C 12 days rest

D 11 days  rest

E 10 days rest

F 9 days rest

G 8 days rest

H 7 days Rest

J 6 days Rest

K 5 days Rest

L 4 days Rest

M 3 days Rest

N 2 days Rest

P 1 days Rest

Q 0 days rest

41 minutes ago, Skuzbukit said:

Here's a suggestion Tournament Format

"Death Spiral"

16-Fighter, 25 year old Creation, round robin.

Each round is reduced by a day as the tournament progresses.

Scoring: Loss 0 pts, Draw 1 each, Decision Win 2, Finish Win 3

In the event of a points draw for a ranking position the least amount of fight duration is judged to be the highter positioned fighter.

A 14 days rest

B 13 days rest

C 12 days rest

D 11 days  rest

E 10 days rest

F 9 days rest

G 8 days rest

H 7 days Rest

J 6 days Rest

K 5 days Rest

L 4 days Rest

M 3 days Rest

N 2 days Rest

P 1 days Rest

Q 0 days rest

Sounds great, again, I would love to host any of these, but I lack prizes, and it seems like there isn’t much interest? I say we have a poll of a few of these ideas and whichever wins we do. But if there is only like 4 votes, I don’t know if this will happen. 8+ votes total would be ideal, since that shows some actual interest.