Whats up with all these Universal free agents??

I really feel that this multi "spar monsters" should be eliminated.

no kidding, issues like this are worrying me for the long term viability of this game. I mean what is the point if fighters who have trained up and built a fight record the hard way can't compete with these bullshit lab-trained monsters?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting caught in the act like this is an outing, Manny, even if he did admit to it. He wouldn't have admitted had he not been caught.

And, I'm pretty sure a Dana White was involved in the gym owned by a multi that was exposed recently in this thread.

I've spent countless hours on this game, setting up tactics, fixing training, writting reviews for events and paid a lot of cash that mr tycoon uses to put food on his plate, then how is it fair to get a hit just because some douche decided to cheat? It's not about that I'm loosing my fighter, it's about the fact that I'm getting punished for doing absolutely nothing wrong!

so by your logic, it should be fair to have your new superfighter taken away if the fighter you released was given back to you?

so by your logic, it should be fair to have your new superfighter taken away if the fighter you released was given back to you?

He is not a superfighter, he is pretty good but he has a lot of flaws.

Yes, if there aren't any higher ranked managers who's already made a bid for him.

When Mike is clearing out multiple accounts, every IP connected to the accounts in questions is wiped out. An exception would only be made if the person confessed to him themselves or used a different IP address for their main account and he was unaware who the multis belonged to, which is unlikely the case considering the connection here.

When Mike is clearing out multiple accounts, every IP connected to the accounts in questions is wiped out. An exception would only be made if the person confessed to him themselves or used a different IP address for their main account and he was unaware who the multis belonged to, which is unlikely the case considering the connection here.

I didn't know that actually! I have som old accounts that I was hoping that Mike would get rid off. Well I just told him about that now.

My problem with this, is that I thought the whole amnesty thing was a one-shot deal. I'm not going to bother to look up the manager's in question profile to see how long he's been involved in mmtycoon, but I'm pretty sure it'll date back to before the multi-gate scandal.

So why should he be given any leniency, whether he was busted or not?

I find it ironic that some if not most people create multi so they can have these attention grabbing win streaks and then they admit being a multi and 98% of the people on here give them the attention they deserve.

If you really wanted to punish him you wouldn't give him the attention s s but instead you do and even though he's lost his account or gotten banned in the end he still sort of won. I mean he got what he wanted which was your attention.

This place is like high school and multis are bullies. You can either cry to the principal and say "They're picking on me! It's not fair!" Or you can just ignore him and got about your life and be happy knowing you're not a bully.

"No no it's not that. It's that it's not fair." Life isn't fair. You don't go on a fucking tangent to the cops because you're neighbor is richer despite the fact that he works less. You live your own life and don't give a shit about other people.

Plus how is it fair to him if he's the only one banned? There's a bunch of people with multis. How is it fair that only he gets banned yet they're still allowed to play? Or do you want mike to not fix anything or add any feature and just spend all his time searching and destroying multis?

Personally i'd rather have mike fix problems and add new features and just let the multis do whatever shit they're doing.

You lost me for a awhile but there was a valid point in there, albeit a bit hard to find. Mike shouldn't have to deal with this kind of crap and should be free to just work on kick-ass features that we all enjoy.

That said, I still think a banning's in order. This wasn't a dude who happened to have second account, he had his own entire network going on. Harsher punishments = good in my opinion. As it is Mike's got to deal with it in a way anyway...

What part of one account is so hard to understand? I think this guy should be deleted purely because he is stupid enough to be doing this not that long after multigate, amnesty was a one time deal as far as I remember.

Okay you guys got me, they were multis. Most of them were just sparring dummies picked up after the multi gate purge and I just trained them up. So no need to speculate have fun with your new toys.

I highlighted the key point - He knew the consequences of multi gate and decided that it did not matter. Almost all the fighters were signed by his org, so he profited from have 30+ 1/1/1 or 100/100 fighters helping fill the card and build up his org. A lot of fighters from the gym owners account were top fighters in his org with a couple being champs.

His defense is he could not compete without being in a partnership or what not so decided to partner with himself. He could easily have joined an alliance, made friends, etc, but instead just made more accounts knowing the penalty so in retrospect, the key is he already knew the punishment and made an informed decision to abuse the system not only with using basic sparring partners in a gym, but to advance his org above those already in LV with his own help of 30+ fighters.

"No no it's not that. It's that it's not fair." Life isn't fair. You don't go on a fucking tangent to the cops because you're neighbor is richer despite the fact that he works less. You live your own life and don't give a shit about other people.

Plus how is it fair to him if he's the only one banned? There's a bunch of people with multis. How is it fair that only he gets banned yet they're still allowed to play? Or do you want mike to not fix anything or add any feature and just spend all his time searching and destroying multis?

Personally i'd rather have mike fix problems and add new features and just let the multis do whatever shit they're doing.

I generally really try my hardest not to flame people, but this is so dumb in so many ways that just reading it hurts my brain.

I highlighted the key point - He knew the consequences of multi gate and decided that it did not matter. Almost all the fighters were signed by his org, so he profited from have 30+ 1/1/1 or 100/100 fighters helping fill the card and build up his org. A lot of fighters from the gym owners account were top fighters in his org with a couple being champs.

His defense is he could not compete without being in a partnership or what not so decided to partner with himself. He could easily have joined an alliance, made friends, etc, but instead just made more accounts knowing the penalty so in retrospect, the key is he already knew the punishment and made an informed decision to abuse the system not only with using basic sparring partners in a gym, but to advance his org above those already in LV with his own help of 30+ fighters.

Seems the answer is to ban all accounts and IPs used to access said accounts, nerf the fighters, and close the org - it seems there has been a lot of multi-talk lately (and I wonder if there aren't similar cases out there), and these cheaters need to be taken out swiftly and efficiently. SHOCK AND AWE!

As Manfred pointed out earlier, Multi-gate allowed everyone the chance to come clean. From that point on, all handling of multis should be total and complete.

This is bad timing as I'm meant to be going away for this weekend but I'll deal with this over the next few days. When deleting multis I don't check the quality of fighters so wasn't aware that there were a load of beasts that needed nerfing. Not sure if it's a bit late to kill them now to be honest.

This is bad timing as I'm meant to be going away for this weekend but I'll deal with this over the next few days. When deleting multis I don't check the quality of fighters so wasn't aware that there were a load of beasts that needed nerfing. Not sure if it's a bit late to kill them now to be honest.

It is a bit late probably - though I'd argue the benefits outweigh the disadvantages of those who picked up FAs, but I digress.

In all actuality, these fighters did not come upon their skills any different than any other fighter COULD (and to be honest, I've only seen one fighter so I don't even know how rampant this is), but the fact that these fighters were created through illegal means cannot be disputed. The precedent must be set.

Moreover, if all these FAs were just signed, wouldn't that mean that the fighters dropped to pick these FAs up are still FAs - just repick them up.

Stuff like this really takes away the fun with this game...If you are trying to cheat like this, I think you should get banned right away. If people see that they can get away with it, they will keep doing it.