GAMMA opens in Las Vegas

Mentor

GAMMA Veteran Jonny Roberts was available for a short interview to discuss his upcoming fight with Jt Colossus and his career in GAMMA so far.

Interviewer: Great to have you with us for this interview Jonny.

Jonny: Great to be here!

Question #1: You have been with GAMMA for a total of 13 fights already, however at just 27 years of age, probably the best is still to come from you?

Jonny: For sure, I entered the sport at a pretty young age and was actually my managers first client, needless to say we both made plenty of mistakes in the early days but luckily with time on my side I've managed to iron out a lot of those flaws in my game and am now hungrier than ever to prove myself. I don't think I've quite hit my peak yet as I still have plenty to work on so with room to go then yes I definitely feel that I have my best days in the sport ahead of me.

Question #2: You have 2 great wins over GAMMA Hall of Famers Tony Mendez and Sammy Stone. Which fight was your most impressive so far do you think?

Jonny: Well first of all I just want to say it was an honour to fight both of them, let alone to beat them, they truly are legends in GAMMA. I think I'd have to say Sammy Stone was my most impressive performance though. I believe he was 27 at the time and really in his prime, I was 1-2 in GAMMA and I know some were questioning whether I could hang at this level so to go out and get a win over such a dangerous opponent really helped to prove to people that I belong in GAMMA.

Question #3: Are you happy with your current record in GAMMA, which stands at 8-5-0? What do you think needs improvement?

Jonny: I'm not the sort of person that sits there counting wins and losses, I'm old enough and wise enough now that I know anyone can beat anybody on their day. All I'm concentrating on is the next fight with the knowledge that another victory puts me one step closer to a title shot while a defeat will send me back down the ladder. Whether I'm 20-5 or 10-20 when I win the title it doesn't matter, when I get my hands on the belt that's when my career really begins, anything less is simply a failure no matter what the record may be.

Question #4: You call yourself "The Rage Machine", where did that come from? Has it got anything to do with your style of fighting?

Jonny: It was something given to me early in my career back at the training camp by my manager and yes it comes from my fighting style. My goal is to go out and win and to do that in decisive fashion, I don't like to leave things in the hands of the judges. It doesn't always work out that way of course, I've plenty of decision wins on my record but that's not through lack of trying, I've simply been in there with some tough guys. It's no surprise that I've never lost by decision in my career, I go into win or get knocked out trying.

Question #5: In the next up and coming fight you will face newcomer Jt Colossus, which is a Syn and VFC veteran, what do you have to say to your opponent and how do you think the fight will go?

Jonny: It's a fight I'm really looking forward to. JT is a guy that can knock you out standing or submit you on the ground, no matter where it goes he's another guy that is looking to win and finish the fight just like myself. JT is a pioneer in the sport and was among some of the first to compete in MMA so just like Stone and Mendez it's going to be an honour to fight him. Win, lose or draw I'm sure it'll be a great fight!

Renan St Juste (102580) Interview

First of all i would like to welcome you to GAMMA Renan!

Renan: Hey man, good to be here in GAMMA!

Question #1: You only just recently moved to GAMMA, why did you join us?

Answer #1: First, I would like to thank you for this interview. My career goal is to be recognized worlwide as one of the greatest welterweight fighter to grace the Tycoon world. I know the I have the skills and determination to do it. I just need a venue to let the people see my greatness and I believe that GAMMA, the mecca of fighting in Las Vegas, is that venue.

Question #2: You are only 26 years of age, but are part of Extreme Fight Club (EFC), Hall of Fame, how does that feel?

Answer #2: It is really a humbling feeling to be a hall of famer at such an early age. EFC was a amazing organization in Hilo. I had some of my best moments there and the org really helped me to be ready for the big league

Question #3: In your first fight you beat up Akekae Pokaku and gained the Fight of the Night award with an impressive KO. What have you got to say about that first win in GAMMA?

Answer #3: To be honest, I'm disappointed with myself. Yeah it was a first round KO and all but I let him hit me witth his punches. If I want to be in that elite level I should really watch out for those. I'm a perfectionist and I will not make the same mistakes again.

Question #4: Your next fight is against Justin Bieber and it is the top contender fight for the 170lbs title. What do you think your chances are in that fight?

Answer#4: This is a classic stand up vs ground guy. We know what he needs to do since he is no match for me standing. I will do my best to impose my will and not let it go to the ground. But who knows, I may have a few things up my sleeves.

Question #5: You was originally planned to fight Alan Bundy for the title, but the fight got cancelled due to him entering a tourney in Europe. Ultimately the tourney was also cancelled. What do you think of the current GAMMA 170lbs champion?

Answer#5: You know what? I think the champion Alan Bundy is really afraid of me. He just used the tourney to duck me. And once he's sure that he will not be my next fight, he goes back here. Win or lose in my next match, I know will have my time against the champ and if that time comes I hope he is ready.

We are looking for a writer to work for GAMMA. Articles can be about virtually anything such as:

- Fighter interviews

- Event reviews and previews

- Company profile, history etc

Basically anything which can be interesting to our managers or the MMA Tycoon universe.

We are willing to pay VERY handsomely based upon the quality and length of the content.

If you know someone which could do this work or if you are capable of doing it yourself, please contact me for more details!!!

Jamie Gillis became only the 16th fighter in GAMMA's gloried history to hit the top 100 p4p rankings when he beat Mickey O Neil in his super fight. The GAMMA 205lbs kingpin Jamie Gillis has been on a fantastic run since joining us and is eager to defend his title in the up coming fight.

The win over Mickey took GAMMA 2-1 in their rivalry against Geezers Palace.

Coming up this Saturday is a big Pay-Per-View coming from the best organization in Las Vegas, the Global Association of Mixed Martial Arts, featuring some very influential bouts between some of GAMMA’s top middleweights. Raz Matazz will defend his GAMMA gold as he meets Tank The Razors Edge in the main event, as the co-main event features former champion, Karl Denke, locking horns with top contender, Fred Ettish. It should be a fantastic night of fights!In the co-main event

In the co-main event, Karl Denke (19-5-1 MMA, 11-4-1 GAMMA) looks to bounce back from a disappointing 0-2-1 stretch in which he lost a non-title super fight, fought to a draw in a title defense against tonight’s challenger, and subsequently lost his title to Raz Matazz. He meets Fred Ettish (16-9 MMA, 10-8 GAMMA), who is also coming off of a heartbreaking defeat, as Tank The Razors Edge put a stop to his four fight win streak that skyrocketed him into contention. Denke possesses high level boxing skills as well as elite wrestling credentials, which may come in handy against his opponent. Ettish, though well rounded, prefers to apply his trade on the feet, where he has used his striking to earn 14 of his 16 victories. While Denke has not been knocked out at any point in his career, it would ill advised to stand and bang with Fred Ettish, who is perfectly capable of ending that streak.

My prediction? Karl Denke by SD

The main event features the vastly experienced GAMMA vet Raz Matazz (33-6-1 MMA, 31-5-1 GAMMA) taking on an equally well-versed challenger in Tank The Razors Edge (28-12-3 MMA, 3-1-1 GAMMA). After a five round war with then champion Karl Denke was announced as a draw, Edge was understandably disappointed. However, he proved that he was still worthy of a shot at GAMMA gold when he dominated the surging Fred Ettish. By now, the title has changed hands, as former champ Matazz took back the belt he had once held for so long from Karl Denke and put it back in his trophy case. Matazz had defended the belt a staggering 15 straight times before abandoning it to challenge himself by moving up to the light heavyweight division. He is 3-1-1 since returning to his natural weight class, and looks to build on the strength of a two fight win streak against Edge. Both men prefer to ply their trade on the feet, so this should be a treat to watch for the fans. Matazz has shown more striking power than his opponent, scoring 21 knockout victories compared to Edge’s 11. However, both men have been knocked out multiple times in their career, and one good punch from either fighter could end the night early.

My prediction? Raz Matazz by (T)KO, round 3.

GAMMA has become the first (at least i think) VIP only org in the game! It is kind of weird because i did not plan this. But as things stand now every manager in GAMMA is a VIP!

The only fighter which is not managed by a VIP manager at the moment happens to be future GAMMA Hall of Famer Kyle Scissors, managed by Ned Soares, but Kyle has been with us for ages. His performance in the cage is unquestioned.

The only way anyone can get into GAMMA is through the Rookies org OR if their fighter is ranked in the top 5000 p4p worldwide.

GAMMA, one of the top orgs in the game is now negotiating a new sponsorship deal.

Our current sponsors Black Hand Fight Gear & Laundry will be expiring on the 1st of October and we will be looking for a replacement.

We are only considering companies ranked in the top 20. Please contact me if you are interested.

GAMMA Honoured to be a Part of the World Tour

GAMMA #255: Bundy vs Cox 2 marks a very special event that GAMMA executives are very proud to be a part of. Three men will make their debuts in the GAMMA cage as a part of martial artist’s dream world tour. Kid Torres, Paul Bruens, and Eaton Cox have made it a personal mission of theirs to fight at least once in each and every one of the big fighting cities in the world. Of course, Las Vegas was not a city to be overlooked, filled with multiple top-tier organizations. However, out of all of the cages to fight in within Sin City, they decided that the GAMMA cage was where they wanted to be. We at GAMMA are extremely excited to welcome these legends to our cage and wish them the best of luck against some of our best fighters.

Kid Torres (31-19-2) has fought at featherweight for the bulk of his career, but his last two fights were contested at light heavyweight and welterweight, respectively. He now meets his biggest challenge yet (literally), as he fights 270 pound heavyweight monster, Chances Taken (18-11 MMA, 3-5 GAMMA), in a bout that pits sheer size against high level skill.

Another fighter making a stop in GAMMA during his world tour is Paul Bruens (25-16-1). Bruens likes to use a smothering top game to defeat his opponents, using sensational wrestling and a brown belt in jiu-jitsu to score 11 decision victories, as well as 10 submissions. That strategy may not work so well for him against his opponent, Mikio Okita (26-14 MMA, 0-0 GAMMA), who has equivalent wrestling abilities, but trumps him with a rare BJJ red belt, making him by far the best grappler Bruens has faced.

The co-main event features a heavyweight contest between two of the division’s top contenders, as Fedor Jankovic (13-3 MMA, 9-3 GAMMA) locks horns with JT Colossus (27-16-1 MMA, 1-0 GAMMA). Jankovic has had prior experience with GAMMA gold. After winning his first 8 straight fights, including 4 underneath the GAMMA banner, he challenged then champion Trent Pope for the title, losing via first round KO. After a patch of inconsistency in which he won two and then lost two, he seems to finally have pulled things together, winning three straight. Meanwhile, Colossus comes in to this fight on the momentum of a 6-1 run, including a first round knockout in his GAMMA debut. Both men have the ability to submit their opponents, but prefer to leave them unconscious on the canvas. These fighters are fairly evenly matched, but while Colossus may take a slight edge on the feet, Jankovic may be able to exploit his opponent’s weaker wrestling game.

My prediction? Jankovic by (T)KO, round 2.

The main event takes us back to the final fighter embarking on a world tour, Eaton Cox (28-12). This man has a history with his opponent, Alan Bundy (28-11 MMA, 17-4 GAMMA), as they have met once before. Over a year ago, the two men met in a superfight at Wolfenstein: A Blitz Tribute, one of the biggest event’s in the organizations history. On that fateful night, both men took home honours for Fight of the Night, but only Cox took home a unanimous decision win, taking all three judges’ cards with a score of 48:47. Now, the two will meet again, and another extremely close nail biter is to be expected. Both men pride themselves in being well-rounded, and both can submit you, knock you out, or just outclass you enroute to a decision win. However, in a match-up this close, with neither man having any real weaknesses, it may come down to one guy being good in all areas, and the other being just a little bit better. That being said, Bundy is a slight favourite coming into this re-match, as it seems he has improved his overall game just a tad bit more than Cox has since the first fight. However, Cox is a very live underdog leading into this bout, and this one is anyone’s game.

My prediction? Alan Bundy by SD after 5 rounds.

GAMMA managed to make it 50 total super fight wins recently with Anton Chigurh's last win against Mike Hull. Anton is actually one of our most successful super fighters in history with a (7-3-0) record. Uriel Amok has a (8-2-0) record (most of his came when he participated in a league format). The most successful though, without much doubt was Jeremy Tonal (16-3-0). Overall we have a (50-20-0) all time record.

• 2 weeks later...

The Global Association of Mixed Martial Arts (GAMMA) located in Las Vegas is glad to announce the Hall of Fame induction class of October.

First to be indicted is Austin "The Hammer" Houston (15642). Austin was a fighter which fought in GAMMA from 2010-02-20 until 2012-04-07, with a respectable record of 19-16-0 (W-L-D) (27 fights inside GAMMA 13-13-0-1) with 7 finishes. Probably Austin was not the most entertaining fighter ever, he was only ever awarded 2 Fight of the Night awards.

What separated him from the rest was his loyalty and reliability towards GAMMA over more than 26 months. He never backed down from a fight offer and spent the majority of his career in the middle levels of the 185lbs division, usually beating those he was suppose to, but unfortunately losing to those he was expected to lose against as well.

Second to be inducted as part of the October GAMMA HOF class is Steve Rogers (28363). Steve fought in GAMMA from 2010-11-20 up to 2012-09-29 when he retired. He had a very solid record of 22-9-0 (W-L-D) 17-8-0 inside GAMMA with 5 fight of the night awards.

Steve was always just outside the top tier fighters, always reliable. He was a top contender for the 205lbs title until he lost to William Mackenzie King, which ironically went on to pull of a major upset to beat Jeremy Tonal for the title. Steve retired early at just 30y old to take on a role as an assistant........

"The Tyrant" Tony Mendez (2946) is the last inductee to the GAMMA HOF for this month. Tony is still active as a fighter, but has already been dropped by his original manager Homer Jay. Homer was one of the most successful non-vip managers in the history of GAMMA, keeping Tony on the top level at GAMMA for a total of 26 fights with a record of 14-11-0-1, with 6 Fight of the Night awards.

He is probably the best ever fighter in GAMMA history (other than Jack Burton) to never win a title. He fought for the title on 4 occasions, losing 3 of those by KO/TKO. He has had some of the most memorable duals against Jack Hammer, Hendo Han and Charles carlson, most of which ended in a finish.

Looking into the Warriors That Built GAMMA to Where it is Today: The Top Five Fighters in GAMMA History

Over the course of its extensive history, GAMMA has produced a staggering grand total of 19 top 100 pound-for-pound best fighters in the world. However, only 5 of those men managed to break into the top 20 fighters alive at the time. These men have been staples in the organization and are a major part of putting GAMMA in the top organization discussions. Let’s look back at the historic runs these fighters made.

5. Raz Matazz

“The Atom Smasher” was one of GAMMA’s first major stars. Debuting in the organization way back at GAMMA 43, the scarcely known 2-0 prospect made a statement with a lopsided victory over his opponent, Bo Jackson, that ended in a third round TKO for Matazz. He continued his momentum with two more TKO wins before landing himself in the main event of GAMMA 69, a number one contender’s match against Richard Head. Matazz dominated the fight, taking a clean 30-26 sweep on all three judges’ scorecards. He was then put into a title fight with then 8-0 champion, Mikhail Yudovich. Matazz took the belt via first round knockout, gaining a world title and improving his GAMMA record to 5-0. Even still, nobody knew what this 20 year old kid was about to accomplish. He went on to defend his title 15 straight times, with 10 of those wins coming via knockout or TKO. Matazz’s desire to test himself lead to him vacating his middleweight title to make a move up to light heavyweight. He faced then champion Jeremy Tonal in a superfight for Tonal’s belt. Matazz edged out Tonal in the first two rounds of the five round title fight, but in the third round, things took a turn south. Just over a minute into the round, Tonal managed to land a beautiful takedown into full mount, and from there he unleashed with brutal ground and pound. A cut was opened up on Matazz’s forehead, and it progressively got worse until the referee decided to call an end to it. Since the loss, Matazz has gone 11-6-1, but has not been able to regain the momentum he had before the Tonal loss.

4. Trent Pope

Pope had a lot more momentum behind him when he debuted in GAMMA, already with an impressive 11-2 record under his belt. He was riding a six fight win streak and was the champion of another organization when he challenged Yuudai Ryuu for the heavyweight title at GAMMA 187. Critics believed he should have had to prove himself under the GAMMA lights before jumping right into a title fight, but Pope proved all of those naysayers wrong, knocking out Ryuu in the second round to take the belt. He defended the belt five straight times, scoring four knockout victories. He went to ONI in Tokyo for a superfight against Noah Payne, knocking him out in just over 7 minutes. By then, a new contender had arisen from GAMMA’s heavyweight division, 20-7 Anton Chigurh. Pope was not able to hold onto the belt this time, as he saw a 14 fight winning streak snapped with a second round TKO. After losing his belt, Pope left GAMMA with a 7-1 record, and has gone on to Gold Standard Fighting. His post-GAMMA record to date is 4-4.

3. William Mackenzie King

King made his debut at GAMMA 200 with an impressive 9-4 record. He fought against an experienced journeyman in Apollo Creed, and he wowed GAMMA executives with a 41 second K.O. victory. This victory leap frogged him into a main event against former long-time middleweight champion, Raz Matazz. King went on to lose that fight via flying knee K.O. in the second round, but he was not deterred. Following the loss, King rattled off four consecutive stoppage victories to earn himself the right to step into the cage with Matazz once again. King put up a much better effort than the first time around, even winning the first round. However, Matazz made proper adjustments and took the second round. Both fighters knew they had to win the final round, and they put out their best efforts, keeping the action extremely close for most of the round. The judges’ scorecards never came into play though, as Matazz landed a picture perfect right hand with just under a minute left that left King unconscious. After the loss, King managed to win three straight, bringing his GAMMA record to 8-2. This streak earned him a shot at the light heavyweight belt against pound-for-pound kingpin, Jeremy Tonal. Not many people gave King a chance at winning the fight, pointing at Tonal’s dominance in his 7 fight reign as the pound-for-pound best fighter in the world. King paid no heed to those pundits, and came out as the aggressor against Tonal. A punch from Tonal caused a cut early, but it did not seem to affect King as the fight went on. He landed leg kicks often and early, and it set the tone for the entirety of the fight. As the fourth round came along, it was clear that King was up 3-0. Tonal attempted to mix things up by taking King down, but he ended up getting swept and finished the round on the bottom. Tonal did his best to take the fight to an exhausted King in the fifth, and almost managed to take the round, but it was King who impressed the judges, and took home a unanimous 50-45 decision win. King could not capitalize on the momentum of the biggest win of his career, losing superfights against Les Grossman and Boba Fett, and subsequently losing his belt in his first title defense against Jamie Gillis. His cut sustained in the Tonal fight re-opened, but this time it got a lot worse, causing the doctor to stop it in the second round. Due to this unfortunate stoppage, King is on the verge of retirement, and is only taking one fight contracts so he is not tied into any obligations should he choose to hang up the gloves.

2. Anton Chigurh

The former heavyweight champion has also been one of the more successful superfighters in GAMMA history, compiling a 7-3 record against top competition from other organizations. Chigurh made his debut at GAMMA 212 with a wealth of experience, having already gone 17-7 in his previous 24 professional fights. He quickly put away Dmitri Mikhailovich, stopping his opponent in 48 seconds. This put him into a co-main event bout against long-time GAMMA heavyweight and recent Hall of Fame inductee, Tony Mendez. Chigurh dominated the fight and scored a third round knockout. His next fight headlined GAMMA 217, and he earned his first GAMMA post fight bonus, landing a first round knockout of the night victory over Luke Daigle. This marked his first of ten superfights for GAMMA. Chigurh then went on to take the belt from Trent Pope via second round TKO, and was subsequently scheduled to make his first title defense against Sam Alito. After 5 rounds, it marked the first time Chigurh had seen the judges’ scorecards in his GAMMA career. It did not, however, put a damper on the dominant aura he had surrounded himself with. The scores were extremely lopsided in his favour, and he proved that he has the ability to go a hard five rounds in the process. After this title defense, Chigurh went on a 9 fight superfight streak in which he went 6-3. In the midst of this streak, he peaked as the number one pound-for-pound best fighter in the world, but unfortunately lost that title even before he was able to fight again. During this time period, a suitable challenger to his heavyweight title had been found in the form of 14-1 Fidel Duberry. Over the course of the first two rounds, Chigurh seemed to be every bit of the dominant champ he was against Alito, clearly taking the rounds with ease. In rounds three and four, Duberry made some adjustments and narrowed the gap, but still could not claim either round. Going into the final round, Chigurh had a very commanding lead. The action was very back and forth throughout the first half of the round, and it was difficult to really give an edge to either man. However, Duberry was in a very desperate position, and desperate times call for desperate measures. After a grueling four and a half rounds, both men were absolutely exhausted. Duberry dug deep, and he started pushing Chigurh backwards with his jab. This helped him set up his range to land a picture-perfect right hand that knocked Chigurh into the cage. Duberry swarmed and scored a stunning comeback victory to take the belt. As of now, Chigurh’s GAMMA record stands at 5-3, but he remains a major threat in the heavyweight division.

1. Jeremy Tonal

October 10, 2012. GAMMA 43. History was made that night, and it came in the form of a 1-0 fighter debuting in GAMMA. Demetryos Rua was the unfortunate first victim of Jeremy Tonal. At the time, he was simply just a young, aggressive wrestler. Tonal shot in for an early takedown and landed in side control. A quick scramble saw Rua take Tonal’s back, but Tonal reversed position and ended up in guard. He began attempting to work his way to a more dominant position, all while landing some decent strikes that kept Rua honest. An elbow from half guard seemed to get to Rua, and Tonal smelt blood. He quickly passed into mount and rained down punishment until the ref pulled him off. An impressive debut, but it was only the start of something much greater. Tonal’s road to his first title was a bit rocky, as a couple of submission losses set him back, and by the time he made it to the title, he had built his record to 8-2. Tonal’s overall game had come very far, and he turned out to be a natural boxer. He faced then champion, 11-3 Erkki Junttila. Aside from an early jab that opened a cut on Tonal, Junttila mounted very little offense whatsoever. A 1-2 combo from Tonal leveled Junttila, and Tonal waved him back up. One more big punch put him back down, and the ref had seen enough, declaring Tonal the winner via knockout. This fantastic performance was followed up by one of his worst performances, as he spent the majority of five rounds getting beat up by Mikhail Yudovich in his first title defense. Tonal then lost a majority decision in a top contender match-up with J Breaker. He managed to right his ship with a first round knockout of Rudy Fernandez, and after that victory he began the most successful superfighting careers in GAMMA history. He entered Synchronicity’s millionaire tournament, and five fights later, was declared the victor. He returned to GAMMA for two more superfights, reclaiming his light heavyweight title in the process. He put his career best 8 fight winning streak on the line against then 25-2 legend Jigoro Kane. He came up short, and returned to GAMMA to defend his title. After defeating Bill Hickok, he faced the middleweight champion moving up, Raz Matazz in a superfight within GAMMA’s own rankings. After losing the first two rounds, Tonal landed a takedown into mount, and made Matazz bleed until the ref would see no more. After another defense against Bubba Clem, he easily dealt with Doug Marshall in a superfight. In this period of time, Matazz had won two straight and was looking to avenge his only career loss against Tonal. However, Tonal proved himself to be the far superior fighter in the re-match, dominating en-route to a first round knockout. Three superfights later (including one against a legitimate heavyweight), and Tonal had a nice 8 fight winning streak going. When he met Lucas LaVey at GAMMA 209, Tonal had a lot of momentum. After making his opponent tap due to strikes in the opening stanza, people started calling him the best in the world. He went on a legendary seven fight run, finishing every one of his opponents with strikes. He also avenged his last loss to Jigoro Kane along the way. At the end of this superfighting run, he returned to GAMMA with 16 consecutive victories, 12 via stoppage, to defend his title for the fifth time against William Mackenzie King. With all of the momentum he had, fans and pundits alike expected him to roll through the challenger. This fight will forever go down as one of the biggest upsets in the history of sports, as King outstruck Tonal for five rounds to take home a unanimous decision win, as well as the light heavyweight title. After the loss, Tonal scored knockout victories in superfights against Taylor Norton and Hiro Protagonist, and it appeared he was back on track. However, decision losses to Lee Perry and Sunny Disposition killed that momentum, and caused Tonal to hang up the gloves, at least temporarily. Here is what GAMMA president Mentor Guruland had to say about Tonal in his Hall of Fame induction speech: “Fought in GAMMA from 2009-10-10 till 2012-07-21. Record inside GAMMA 19-5-0 (34-8-0 with super fights) Titles: 2 times 205lbs champ, 4 Title defenses, 18 GAMMA Fight of the Night awards, 1 Fighter of the year awards. Top #1 p4p ranking MMATycoon. Hall of Famer. Quite simply the best fighter the game has ever seen. Winner of the first ever Millionaire tourney, went on to hold the 205lbs title and was the longest ever world p4p champion for 7 months beating top competition to stay there.” All in all, Tonal is the greatest fighter there ever has been, and maybe ever will be. GAMMA has produced many legends, but Tonal is the greatest of them all.

I am proud to announce our new sponsor Crippler's Corner (146)!!! After a very successful spell with Black Hand Fight Gear & Laundry (3352), which was sponsoring us from July till October, we closed a new deal with long time powerhouse Crippler's Corner which like GAMMA is based out of Las Vegas.

Crippler's Corner is one of the oldest and most respected clothing companies in the world, being around for years already and known for its affordable prices and excellent designs. We was very happy with their long term vision and immediately closed a deal which should keep us together for a long time into the future.

Crippler's Corner is already ranked #3 worldwide at the moment we wrote this article and we hope this mutual benefiting contract will help both of us to expand even further.

Crippler's Corner will be sponsoring our dual event this weekend headlined Bundy v Juste and Edge v Aurelius.

• 2 weeks later...

Degen Gambler (68491) has been on impressive form as of late and it is showing in his p4p rankings! He has won a total of 7 of his last 8 fights all of which were in top level orgs (his last 3 wins were finishes inside GAMMA).

In his last fight he beat Jamie Gillis in the second round by KO (punch) to win the 205lbs title belt becoming the 10th person in GAMMA history to hold the 205lbs belt.

Besides this he also broke into the top 100 p4p becoming only the 21st all time to achieve that feat. This was also the first time in Degen's impressive career that he ranked so high (top ranking was p4p #78).

Unless something unusual happens, he is expected to defend his title against Hannibal Die Rücksichtslos in his next upcoming fight, one which is expected to be a thriller of a bout. In recent times holding onto the GAMMA 205lbs title has proven to be difficult. The only person which defended his title more than once was Jeremy Tonal and that run was last autumn. We will see if Degen can keep on with his impressive form and do what no other has done in over a year.

• 2 weeks later...

The Global Association of Mixed Martial Arts (GAMMA) is proud to announce a super deal with two of the top organizations in the world IMMA BEAT YOUR ASS and Nordic Fire Championship from Helsinki. Currently both IMMA and NFC are the #1 and #2 ranked organizations in the world.

The deal includes sending over our current 170lbs champ Alan Bundy (Will fight in NFC) and ex-265lbs and world #1 p4p fighter Anton Chigurh (Will fight in IMMA) to participate in a monthly super fight. Both fighters will continue to participate in fights with GAMMA every month as usual, so that does not change their fight schedule at all.

The reason the deal was done is to help our fighters which have reached their peak in terms of skills and in terms of p4p ranking to give them more fights and more competition. They were getting on average one fight every 3 weeks. With this deal they will get at least 2 per month, depending on injuries

GAMMA has a long and great reputation in collaboration with other organizations worldwide; this was not the first time we have collaborated with both IMMA and NFC. Previous collaboration proved to be very successful.

Article written by Master Yoda (GAMMA: Rookies)

GAMMA is proud to announce that 2 of our most prospective Rookies have now been promoted to GAMMA.

Jamalski Ramirezovic (143765)

Is a GAMMA: Rookie legend! He has fought a total of 22 fights in our org and we felt it was time he moved up to the big leagues. He is currently on a 11-11-0 record

Marcus McBorin (126669)

Has fought 8 times in our org, winning 7 of them in very impressive fashion. He only lost once in his career with us and that was against a veteran Happy Flowers. He has a 10-2-0 record inside the Rookies.

Both fighters deserve to get promoted to the main roster. We wish them good luck there!

• 3 weeks later...

After a little over 2 weeks on holiday i am finally back. I was away to Dallas, Miami and Concun (Mexico) and besides the masses of food consumption and alcohol (mainly tequila) everything is back to normal now.

GAMMA will be back to its regular activity and we plan to start expanding our roster again.

For all of you which missed the news of the past 2+ weeks, Degen Gambler has started his reign of the 205lbs division with a decisive win over Hannibal Die Rücksichtslos pushing him into the top 100 p4p. He will be fighting Gillis (who beat Danny Tanner in decisive fashion) in their rematch of the title. A win for Degen will likely line him up for a HUGE p4p against a top 10 LHW fighter.

Alan Bundy unfortunately continued his glitch with super fights, losing his super fight in NFC which would of gave him a huge chance to push into the top 10 p4p. He is now back in GAMMA and will be defending his title against Forrest Gump which recently renegotiated a huge deal with GAMMA.

Anton Chigurh on the other hand won his fight and is now fighting for the IMMA HW title. A win in that fight will line him up against top 10 HW p4p fighter Carlton (which beat our HW champ Fidel Duberry), which could push Anton in contention for the #1 p4p spot worldwide. A loss for Anton will probably get him a rematch against Fidel for the 265lbs title.

Last weekend we saw the end of the GAMMA: Contenders. After a total of well over 200 events and more than 2 years of history, the contenders has seen a LOT of great fighters grow and get promoted to the main GAMMA roster.

I tried to compose a history of all the young fighters which got promoted over history and i counted a total of 43 fighters! Most of these fighters had relatively short or insignificant careers fighting against the best of GAMMA, but there have been a few which stand out from the masses which i would like to mention. I picked those which had at least 5 wins inside the GAMMA cage.

Robert Lindquist (89946) has had a relatively unsuccessful career in GAMMA with 14 fights and just 5 wins, mostly fighting against other fringe fighters. He has shown great reliability though and still keeps a place on our roster.

Phil Davis (65372) is having his second run in GAMMA now after getting re-promoted from contenders. A true veteran with 17 GAMMA fights, 7 of which were wins. He is 2 out of 4 in his second spell with the org.

Mark Makers (111282) has been a top young prospect since joining, one of the youngest to get promoted. Currently 5 out of 10 inside GAMMA.

Danny Tanner (92343) was a top contender for the 185lbs title, lost his fight which would of gave him a title shot. He is 6 out of 11 inside GAMMA, but still very young.

Dirk Pitt (104030), is current 7 fights with 5 wins and one of the best young fighters in GAMMA. Just outside the top fighters at 185lbs.

Dylan Summers (107275) Fought for the 170lbs title (losing to Alan Bundy), Currently 11 fights, 5 wins, 1 draw and a top draw at 170lbs.

Peter Cabreros (47454) is another one of those which fought (and lost) against Alan Bundy for the 170lbs title, currently 7 wins.

Kuiskaaja Rajantakaa (115949), is one of the most successful fighters ever in contenders, on a great streak of 8 fights, 6 wins. He is headlining GAMMA #272 in a fight against Jt Colossus for the top contender at 265lbs.

Fred Ettish (63999) Is a GAMMA veteran with 16 fights, and 9 wins in two spells at GAMMA, he is current top contender at 185lbs fighting Raz Matazz for the title on the 29th of December.

Fedor Jankovic (94162), is one of the highest (if not highest) profile fighters to ever join from the Contenders, he is 11 fights, 7 wins inside GAMMA and has fought for the 265lbs title. All his fights inside GAMMA have been against TOP competition.

Sol Tavarez (47522) is the fighter with the most total fights since graduating. A total of 23 fights, putting him just outside the top 10 all time. He has 12 wins, and 1 title fight during his stay with us.

The only fighter to graduate from the contenders to win a title and rank inside the top 100 p4p is Fidel Duberry (125586). Fidel is 6 wins out of 8 fights so far and still considered a young prospect.

Other good fighters to not make this list but deserve a special mention due to their performance are Jesse Custer, Bill Belton, Eli Takesian and Keith Jaeger.

Interestingly is that Fedor Jankovic, Robert Lindquist, Kuiskaaja Rajantakaa, Mark Makers, Fidel Duberry, Keith Jaeger all competed in the contenders at the same time! Some of them fought each other while at GAMMA: Contenders, which makes that class the greatest in our history and the backbone for our current Heavyweight division.

GAMMA is a top organization in MMAtycoon which prides itself as being one of the best run, organized and active companies in the game since May 2009. During that long history, we have seen 100s of fighters come and go, very few of which have competed at the very top level. There are some however which have managed to distinguish themseves and today it is our honor to induct three new fighters into the GAMMA official Hall of Fame (HOF).

Apollo Creed (ID Number: 24399)

Fought in GAMMA from 2010-06-05 till 2012-04-07

23 total fights, 10 wins

1 Fight of the Night awards

Fought 23 times in GAMMA, all but one fight ended in the first round! Usually by KO or TKO. At one point was a top level fighter. Spent the last year of his career "Gatekeeping", often introducing new fighters into the GAMMA roster.

Buster "The Gatekeeper" Brutus (ID Number: 11550)

Fought in GAMMA from 2009-07-15 till 2011-08-14

22 total fights with 13 wins

5 Fight of the Night awards

Besides a couple of QFC fights, Buster spent all his career in GAMMA. Was more of a "Finish or be finished guy", with all besides 3 fights coming to a conclusion, making him one of the most exciting fighters to watch which is also why he had a total of 5 fight of the night awards during his time with GAMMA.

"The General" Frank Abbot (ID Number: 34380)

Fought in GAMMA from 2010-04-11 till 2012-02-04

25 total fights, 17 wins

2 Fight of the Night awards

Top #100 p4p ranking

Although never a top contenders, very reliable and never rejected a fight. Was never very spectacular, most of his fights went the decision. He has the distinction of never being KOed while in GAMMA and very very few of his fights came through submission finish (90% came from decisions). If he would have slightly more punching power, Frank would have been a beast.

I would like to congratulate Forrest Gump for winning the 170lbs title last weekend and becoming the 32nd fighter in GAMMA history to break into the top 100 p4p of the world.

Forrest Gump had a very interesting story. He was actually one of my earlier fighters made and way back in early 2011 when i decided to retire from the fighting part of the game, i released all my fighters including Forrest Gump. He was later picked up by Jonathan Brookins which has taken him to new heights as a fighter. His 2012 run is putting him in contention for the GAMMA fighter of the year, which shows how impressive he has been since returning to action.

Forrest Gump will be involved in a super fight soon in TTFC, New York in a fight which could push him into the top 20 p4p if he wins.

For Alan Bundy it will be interesting to see if he can find the will and motivation to make a comeback at 31y of age and win back his title to become the only person in GAMMA's long history to win a title 3 times (Besides Raz Matazz, which did it at 185lbs).

GAMMA is about to have its 4th annual fighter of the year awards. In the past here were the winners and runners up:

Fighter of the Year 2009

1st Mikhail Yudovich

2nd Nikon Holm

3rd Lennon Lewis

Fighter of the Year 2010

1st Raz Matazz

2nd Alexander Khalifman

3rd Mikhail Yudovich

Fighter of the Year 2011

1st Jeremy Tonal

2nd Trent Pope

3rd Karl Denke

When selecting the top fighters we take into consideration:

- Total fights

- Total wins

- How many of those were in GAMMA (including super fights as a GAMMA fighter)

- Level of competition

- Highest p4p ranking during the year

- Titles

Based upon that, here are our contenders for the year:

170lbs:

Alan Bundy (21314)

14 fights, 8 wins, 6 losses. Kept the title most of the year and 4 of his loses were against top fighters in super fights. He has always had a problem in his super fights. He lost his title recently to Forrest Gump which probably has lost him the top spot for 170lbs fighter of the year.

Forrest Gump (67600)

Only joined us mid year, 14 fights in total, 11 wins. His 3 losses he avenged during the year and he toped it all off with a title win over Bundy. He will be fighting his next one in TTFC later on.

185lbs

Tank The Razors Edge (24296)

13 fights, 1 draw, 8 wins. Won the title during the year but lost it to Raz Matazz after innitially beating him. He has a fight on the 22nd against Keith. Lost his last 2 which put him down in this list.

Raz Matazz (25622)

15 fights 10 wins, 1 draw, 3 losses, (he has a fight on the 29th). His losses came from Siouxsie Banshees, Karl Denke, Tank The Razors Edge, all people he beat during the year. He also got a revenge over Lucas Silva who he had previously lost to. He also regained the 185lbs title again. Hit top 100 p4p again for the 2nd time in his career and also became the first fighter in GAMMA's history to win a title 3 times.

205lbs

Degen Gambler (68491)

14 fights, 11 wins, 3 losses. All his 5 fights in GAMMA were wins. Won the title and has hit top 100 p4p since then. The only thing you can take away from his run is that a large portion of that was outside GAMMA. The fights were all top level though.

Jeremy Tonal (31632)

Retired mid summer, but still managed to pull off 11 fights. He was #1 p4p up until mid May. 8 wins over top 100 p4p fighters during that period. 3 losses, but they were against top competition. If he did not retire half way through the year, he probably would of easilly won this.

265lbs

Jura Neekis (142686)

12 wins in the year and is still undefeated. Just 2 of those were in GAMMA though, most were against lower competition. His Fight against Fidel Duberry at the end of the year could change things in his contention.

Fidel Duberry (125586)

Just 9 fights (10th against Jura Neekis on the 22nd), 7 wins, 2 losses. He did manage the big win over Anton Chigurh though for the title. His fight against Jura is a major talking point though.

Anton Chigurh (58657)

15 fights (16 on the 29th) 11 wins, hit top spot p4p during the year but lost his title to Fidel Duberry. Avenged one of the losses to Emeka Shakur. A win over Kyle Carlton will probably make him #1 at 265lbs this year and possibly put him into contention for the fighter of the year.

This weekend we will have a HUGE super fight between ex-#1p4p fighter, ex-GAMMA champ and current IMMA champion (that is a long list i know) Anton Chigurh and Kyle Carlton (ID#123905). Which is fresh off a HUGE win over our current GAMMA 265lbs champ Fidel Duberry.

This is probably the highest profile fight GAMMA has held since the summer between 2 top 50 p4p guys and will be shown on PPV.

Anton has already recovered on his loss of form and is on road to regaining his #1 p4p fighter spot, a win on this weekend could push him in contention for the GAMMA fighter of the year, plus move him inside the top 10 p4p.

Over the years we have had virtually all the best managers compete at GAMMA at one point or other. In fact while going down the list of the Hall of Famers, i noticed that well over 50% of them have had at least one fighter (in most cases more) compete in GAMMA. However, most of those joined us at later dates, when they were already established in the game. Very few went from rags to riches while being a rookie manager (although a few do come to mind).

I would like to congratulate one of our long term managers, Matt Cave (45538) for going all the way to the top of the manager rankings and making it to the MMA Tycoon Hall of Fame (HOF)!!!

I remember Matt when he just joined us with his up and coming monster Fidel Duberry, a guy which went from a decent prospect to becoming the GAMMA 265lbs champion.

If i would say one thing about Matt is that he is one of those which never backs down from a good fight, even those which look "on paper" against him. A good example was the fight between a young Fidel Dubbery and MMA Tycoon's #1 p4p fighter Anton Chigurh (ironically Fidel won that one, lol).

Either way, i would like to thank and all of our managers for their fantastic contribution to the GAMMA brand over the past 3 1/2 years.

This was a particularly difficult year for MMA in Las Vegas. One where most of the original Las Vegas founding orgs (such as EUFC, Nexus and Syn) unfortunately all closed their doors. At the same time it is great to see GAMMA cementing its position in the top 20 orgs worldwide, and others climb up the ranks such as UPG, GPC and MIFC.

Either way, i wish everyone a fantastic new year!

Fred is a fighter which has went from rags to riches, nothing with his start or early career suggested a fighter with great potential or promise.

He joined us in the GAMMA contenders as a 3-2-0 rookie, WAY back in April 2011. His first fight was against Brenno Penna lasted 54 seconds with Fred being submitted by Armbar. This would be his first and last time he would get submitted. He then went on a fantastic run, winning 5 in a row, including a fight of the night award against Brenno. After going 5-1 in the contenders he was promoted to the main GAMMA roster and his first fight was against ex-185 kingpin, Bancroft Rothschild. A fight he lost by decision.

His next 8 fights were unspectacular, going 4-4-0 with two of his losses going to Nova Uniao. A very interesting fact is that although Fred lost a total of 10 fights in his career, he has only been stopped once and that was by Nova Uniao.

From then on Fred recovered and went on another good streak, winning 4 in a row (3 by a finish). That is when Fred changed his strategy and became more of a strategic fighter. His last 7 fights have been decisions. He got his big break to go up against 2 of the top tier GAMMA fighters, both ex-185 champions, Tank The Razors Edge and Karl Denke. Unfortunately he lost both.

At this point in your career, you would probably think that Fred was basically done for. Already in his late 20s and still to show his true ability. However Fred was not done! Fred pulled off a major win over ex-185lbs contender Frank Sinatra, then two revenge wins over both Nero Aurelius and Tank The Razors Edge, which set him up for a title fight against Raz Matazz, which was at that point in contention for the fight of the year.

Going into that fight Fred was the HUGE underdog. In fact Raz was already getting ready for his super fight "tour" to push for the #1 spot (at the time Raz Matazz was top 100 p4p). Raz had famously stated pre-fight "i think i need to get a super fight after i beat down Fred". The beat down did not come................Raz could not pull off the big KO and Fred maneuvered to another strategic decision win, his 4th win in a row.

They will be rematching end of January again, Fred being the underdog again, however irrelevant of the result, Fred has shown that anything is possible if you adjust your strategy and be persistent in your job. Fred probably wont go down as the most spectacular of fighters (he has just 5 fight of the night awards in his last 30 fights), and probably wont break all the records in wins, but he will most likely go down as the ultimate underdog.

Hello, I'm AC Jimbo, and welcome to GAMMA Gossip where today I'll be previewing the upcoming GAMMA 277: Duberry v Cole event this Saturday, taking place at the MMA Grand in Las Vegas.

A lower key card to usher in the New Year, but still presenting some intriguing clashes even if most have no immediate bearing on the title picture.

The undercard includes "The Detonator" taking on "The Dutchie": well-travelled journeyman Nick Thompson (25-21, 6-9 GAMMA), making his 16th appearance within GAMMA and looking to break a three fight losing streak against Rafael van Vaart (2-4, GAMMA debut). The Dutchie did compete three times in the GAMMA sister organisation, gaining one win. If van Vaart is to prove he has a bright future ahead of him then he will need to start demonstrating this with a win against a perennial gatekeeper to the middle reaches of the GAMMA middleweight division. On paper, van Vaart looks the more capable fighter but reports are that his training camp hasn't gone well and he is feeling very rundown and unhappy - not a recipe for success, so I predict Thompson will return to winning ways.

Another fighter making his GAMMA debut is Cormac Gutz (7-3), a young prospect from the very well respected Mr Gutz stable. He has shown no intention of hanging around for the judges to make the call so far in his career, with six of his wins being stoppages. He has displayed vulnerability on the ground, though, with all three defeats being due to submission. The last of these was three years ago, though, so it's thought he that his jiu jitsu has tightened up since then. Either way, it's unlikely to be heavily tested on Saturday night as he faces another GAMMA debutante, Argivas "AK-47" Kerenzikov (4-1), who hails from Moscow. That's because if the fight ends up on the floor and AK-47 has the opportunity for some offense then it will be another chance for him to show off his effective ground and pound skills. However, in my expert opinion, I'm telling you that this fight will finish before then with Gutz making short work of Kerenzikov in the stand-up.

The evening's co-main event pits two veterans against each other: Nalle Puh (23-15, 4-0 GAMMA) versus "The Chosen One" Usain Watts (28-12, 0-2 GAMMA). Puh is still complaining of a niggling injury from his last fight but it is expected that it will clear up in time so that he can be fully fit when the first round gets underway. The recent momentum is clearly in Puh's favour, being on a four fight winning streak compared with Watts' two consecutive losses. However, Watts has mixed it up with some excellent opponents in the past and certainly shouldn't be written off, even if at 32 his best days are probably behind him. Too close to call, so make sure you tune in to find out which way it goes - and also to ensure you don't arrive late for the main event of the evening...

GAMMA heavyweight champion, Fidel Duberry (16-2, 7-1 GAMMA) meets former TTFC heavyweight champion, "Killswitch" Cole Jamison (16-7, GAMMA debut) in a cross-promotional super-fight. Since falling to a decision loss on his GAMMA debut, Duberry has won seven in a row within the organisation, incorporating a highly surprising fifth round knock-out of former pound-for-pound king, Anton Chigurh, when some fans had already begun to exit the arena to beat the post-event parking lot melee due to the one-sided nature of the fight before the unexpected stoppage, and a far more comfortable first defence of the title against the previously unbeaten prospect, Jura Neekis. Interspersed with this, though, was also a demoralising loss to the then undefeated MLC champion, Kyle Carlton, in Montreal (who has since suffered a first loss, to none other than Chigurh - quite the "love" triangle between those three!). Duberry represents the group run by Matt Cave, an thanks in no small part due to his success that group has recently been considered amongst the top gyms in MMA today.

Standing across the cage from him will be Jamison. For seasoned GAMMA fans he will probably be a new face to take a look at, but he is no rookie. Whilst his home organisation, TTFC, is located in New York, Jamison is a Las Vegas resident so will not have far to travel. One thing that is guaranteed when "Killswitch" is involved is that the fans will enjoy some hard-hitting action. All but three of his wins have come by way of knock-out, making particularly good use of devastating knees to the head from the clinch, but question marks remain over his chin - he seems happy to dish it out but less able to deal with those opponents who can fight fire with fire, as all seven losses have resulted from knock-outs.

Duberry will be hoping to defend the honour of his own organisation, GAMMA, and improve his super-fight record to 2-1. Whatever happens on Saturday night, don't expect the judges to be required to have the final say as this one won't go the distance. Whoever ends up victorious, Duberry will remain the champion as the title is not on the line but defeat would clearly harm the immediate prospects of further great super-fights, so don't expect any let-up from him in his attempts to build another winning streak.

That's all from me for now, so I hope you enjoy the show, recover well from your hangover and will hopefully join me for the next edition of GAMMA Gossip next week. Until then, goodbye.