Different tactics per round

MMATycoon

Do you want different tactics per round?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want different tactics per round?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know / Don't care

• 1 month later...

Just getting a thought of mine about this out there (so I can delete it from my notepad!)

When you receive fight offer there's a tickbox "Do you want to fight with round-by-round sliders?" If yes the fight is live, after each round managers have 3 mins to change sliders, after 3 mins sliders locked in again.

(I understand it's probably totally impractical but still... would be good.)

• Downvote 1

Just getting a thought of mine about this out there (so I can delete it from my notepad!)

When you receive fight offer there's a tickbox "Do you want to fight with round-by-round sliders?" If yes the fight is live, after each round managers have 3 mins to change sliders, after 3 mins sliders locked in again.

(I understand it's probably totally impractical but still... would be good.)

Big problem with this....Fights are not really live.

Interesting concept though, but a lot of managers are not on when the fights happen and for those that are would gain a big advantage (maybe)

• 3 weeks later...

This would be an great feature, but first make, the fights live, it will make the fights more exciting as well. Then after the fights become live, then do tactics per round.

One at a time, I guess.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of hard to make fights live, so don't look for that any time soon. Soon meaning in the next decade,maybe

Well to be honest, I have seen browser-based manager games with "live" play-by-play from 2004. It's not exactly live but with proper server-management it could be made to look like live. For example if fights start here at 6 PM, Mike can make the fight engine start calculating them at 5:40 PM. Fight outcome would be ready before 6 PM but wouldn't be shown. At 6:00 PM it should start giving line by line commentary like the pbp view you can get now from spoiler page. Only thing that could be slightly harder to make is implementing actual time of each pbp action, meaning:

Now you see:

The bell rings for round one and we are underway!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/takedown.gif

Power tries to sprawl but Magomedov drives through with a takedown into half guard.

Magomedov lands with an elbow from half guard - that looked like it hurt.

Ground and pound from Magomedov.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/sub.gif

Magomedov looking for a kimura but he'll have to free his other leg if he wants to finish that. Perhaps he's just using it as a distraction technique.

And it could be made to show:

00:00 The bell rings for round one and we are underway!

00:15 Power tries to sprawl but Magomedov drives through with a takedown into half guard.

00:25 Magomedov lands with an elbow from half guard - that looked like it hurt.

00:37 Ground and pound from Magomedov.

00:46 Magomedov lands with an elbow from half guard - that looked like it hurt.

01:02 Magomedov looking for a kimura but he'll have to free his other leg if he wants to finish that. Perhaps he's just using it as a distraction technique.

This would be very cool to have, but I don't know what is this game's workforce and time resource and to be honest, it's already good as it is. Though it is something that Mike should mind for the future.

Well to be honest, I have seen browser-based manager games with "live" play-by-play from 2004. It's not exactly live but with proper server-management it could be made to look like live. For example if fights start here at 6 PM, Mike can make the fight engine start calculating them at 5:40 PM. Fight outcome would be ready before 6 PM but wouldn't be shown. At 6:00 PM it should start giving line by line commentary like the pbp view you can get now from spoiler page. Only thing that could be slightly harder to make is implementing actual time of each pbp action, meaning:

Now you see:

The bell rings for round one and we are underway!

Power tries to sprawl but Magomedov drives through with a takedown into half guard.

Ground and pound from Magomedov.

Magomedov looking for a kimura but he'll have to free his other leg if he wants to finish that. Perhaps he's just using it as a distraction technique.

And it could be made to show:

00:00 The bell rings for round one and we are underway!

00:15 Power tries to sprawl but Magomedov drives through with a takedown into half guard.

00:25 Magomedov lands with an elbow from half guard - that looked like it hurt.

00:37 Ground and pound from Magomedov.

00:46 Magomedov lands with an elbow from half guard - that looked like it hurt.

01:02 Magomedov looking for a kimura but he'll have to free his other leg if he wants to finish that. Perhaps he's just using it as a distraction technique.

This would be very cool to have, but I don't know what is this game's workforce and time resource and to be honest, it's already good as it is. Though it is something that Mike should mind for the future.

It's either live, or not live.....So what your wanting is something "like" the pbp, but different?

It takes 12 minutes for the server to go through all fights and get the results to your page, so if I'm understanding you correctly, your wanting to start the fights in the server 12 minutes early so you can see them on something like the pbp, only different? :huh:

It's either live, or not live.....So what your wanting is something "like" the pbp, but different?

It takes 12 minutes for the server to go through all fights and get the results to your page, so if I'm understanding you correctly, your wanting to start the fights in the server 12 minutes early so you can see them on something like the pbp, only different? :huh:

Yep, fight broadcasting would start 6 PM with only pbp, so for example if you check it at 6:03 PM, fight would be in Round 1 3:00. That's not 100% live, because 100% live would be as you said impossible to make, but could bring the feeling of live broadcasting. And also I really would like to see the exact time of every action(pbp text line). Now you see only 1:00, 2:00 etc., but never know exactly how much is left till the end of the round/fight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It sounds like a great idea. Also I believe there should live spectator mode, would be nice if in time there would be some 2-3D graphics of the fighters performing what the spectator mode says. It sucks only that you can see the fight 15 minutes after.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

This would fuck the server and the engine. You guys might as well shoot for the moon and request fighter animations where we see our fighters scrapping instead of reading it.

with the way the fight engine works. it'd be way to easy to manipulate sliders and the system.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

• 3 weeks later...

This would fuck the server and the engine. You guys might as well shoot for the moon and request fighter animations where we see our fighters scrapping instead of reading it.

with the way the fight engine works. it'd be way to easy to manipulate sliders and the system.

This. There could be like radio boxes for "reserve energy", "medium intensity", "all-out kill mode", which affect energy consumption etc, and could be set for each round specificly (sliders would still apply like always)

The people voting yes for this are voting for a completely different game.

We'd be better off with every fight being 100% SHIG.

Not really, if you would have aggression slider for each round (which would affect aggression and energy consumption), you could pretty much add "different tactics each round" withotu breaking the engine or undermiming other features.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea..like first round you stand up/clinch but that plan didnt work well then second your fighter could do take down sub/ground but it didnt work at so 3rd round your fight could mix it up like since first round worked ok then yeah stand up..idk guess all matter if you set up your slider to see how it goes or stick it plan

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I like the idea..like first round you stand up/clinch but that plan didnt work well then second your fighter could do take down sub/ground but it didnt work at so 3rd round your fight could mix it up like since first round worked ok then yeah stand up..idk guess all matter if you set up your slider to see how it goes or stick it plan

and the predict sliders toolbar?

I'm pretty sure Mike shot this idea down for a reason, because of the complexity and unpredictability of the fight engine. this type of thing would prolly make it go haywire.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• 1 month later...

This needs to be added to the game, it would be a great addition to the game. It also really makes sense because if you are losing it would make sense too change your fighters tactics if you are getting hammered.

• 2 weeks later...

This is mma not a strategy game. Do the tactics really don't have that huge impact on the game to cry over such minor details for tactics every round. Yes it would make us think we have more control over the fight but in the end the most important is our training hiddens and maybe the prediction tactics that would become useless if there was for each round. Maybe add a few new sliders would be better but really there is absolutely no need to make the tactics confusing

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1