Different tactics per round

MMATycoon

Do you want different tactics per round?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want different tactics per round?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know / Don't care

The only way I can see this working is one fight goes on for several days. For example you fight one round, then managers can make adjustments based on what happened, then the next day the next round passes etc. It would be a cool idea but since people log in at different times it would really draw the game out. Basically I don't think it would be feasible on a site like this.

The only way I can see this working is one fight goes on for several days. For example you fight one round, then managers can make adjustments based on what happened, then the next day the next round passes etc. It would be a cool idea but since people log in at different times it would really draw the game out. Basically I don't think it would be feasible on a site like this.

its hard learning sliders currently which is my concern

this woul;d make everything less predictable, but it should be an option not an obligation

no this shouldn't even be an option imo, this would only further complicate an already complicate game

this would be a "cool" addition for the people who're already playing this game and it would be a crappy addition for people who haven't played this game before because the game would be so complicated that even less newbies would continue playing this game than there already are

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say no here. Though in A RL fight this makes sense, we are still inside the parameters of a simulator. At one time I thought this was a good idea, but now I realize it would throw a wrench in the simulator that could ruin everything. It's already pretty complicated

I was thinking about an intensity slider though.. You could decide in what part of the fight (or maybe just each round) you wanted your fighter to push it the most. I think it should be similar the Knckdown Follow slider. Rather than on a 100 scale it would be an absolute divided in thirds. You could choose to "Do Nothing"basically current setup spread out. "First 1/3" would make your fighter push it for the first third of the fight. "Last 1/3" would be the deep waters.

You could choose not to of course. But if you have a veteran with good cardio, you may want to put the intensity in the last 2/3 of the fight to try and wear down a younger slugger, then poor it on when it's later. The downside to this would be KO potential, and if not planned right decision loss. On the other if you wanted to risk it, you could go for it in the first 1/3 hoping for a big KO. This would of course leave you vulnerable in the later rounds as you "blew your wad" as it were, in the first half.

• Upvote 1

It will basically be like the 'for the fences' slider for each round, surely?

Not exactly as Swing for the fences is basically just a go all out to win strategy, leading to an increase in aggression and damage I guess. Where as with different tactics for a round you may potentially choose to take your foot of the gas in the middle rounds and go for one last push in the fifth, or start going for more takedowns later on simply to try and secure rounds with points etc. There is no shortage of different strategies you could use.

it might also work for more finishes if the guy goes all out to win he might get sloppy and then his opponent can just finish him off instead of going to decisions where those anal judges are waiting to say the bad news :lol2:

Not exactly as Swing for the fences is basically just a go all out to win strategy, leading to an increase in aggression and damage I guess. Where as with different tactics for a round you may potentially choose to take your foot of the gas in the middle rounds and go for one last push in the fifth, or start going for more takedowns later on simply to try and secure rounds with points etc. There is no shortage of different strategies you could use.

I meant the dude who posted above me about the intensity setting.

I meant the dude who posted above me about the intensity setting.

That does make more sense, I did think it was odd for someone as intelligent as yourself to have got confused, turns out it was me being the idiot, who could have predicted such a thing!

So anyway..., yes that does seem to be what he's getting at. Not the worst idea I've heard, if you're losing the round, why not have a late flurry to try and steal it.

im sure having it off would be a disadvantage

...and? that's still no reason not to pursue this change.

I've been part of plenty of games that have two tiers of tactical complexity, and some people will happily play with the simple option and others will dive head-first into the complex option. even better, the truly engaged and competitive will find a that added complexity deepens and enriches their game experience.

does this mean some people can't compete at the top level and therefore might walk away? sure. but I would argue a) they are a large minority and B) they weren't that engaged with the game anyway.

ETA: there might be other reasons not to do this, this just happens to not be one of them

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I definitely would like to see this feature. It would give a new dynamic for folks who train all around fighters.

It would be a gamble though. If your fighter is doing well with his first round tactics, he might not do so well with different tactics in the next. So you could definitely get burned. (Perhaps a bit more involvement on the 'See how it goes' slider?).

When I first started I created 'well balanced' fighters, thinking that diversity and adaptability would be good assets to have. But the reality is (at least for newer fighters without years of training) it's best to focus exclusively on one skill set. There are quite a few references to that in various guides on fighter creation.

With the option of switching your tactics round by round it would give a bit more reason to diversify training.

Don't know how possible it would be but I think the ultimate option would be an 'after xx% fail switch to' option. So basically if your guy is strong with takedowns you lead with that. If he hits whatever percentage you set of fails on those takedowns (or whatever your first set of tactics is) then he switches to plan b.

I think a compromise is the best answer. What might look like an easy fix might well be the best solution. I think complete sliders for different rounds is too much, so how about a tickbox section?

Too many in this example, but this kind of thing. Maybe half as many to cover what people want.

http://s29.postimg.org/9hno7o3if/perriound.jpg

Agree with shaman, many games basically have a 'lock' button which sets the same tactics to multiple scenarios (in this case rounds), or you can 'unlock' and set each scenario (round) individually.

Still see very little point in this, I mean you're basically blindly setting many sliders for different rounds without knowing how the previous round went.

If their was a game mode that played a round a day and you could change sliders each day than that'd be viable to change sliders. But having us set sliders etc for different rounds without seeing the previous round is pretty silly/pointless/going to screw the game up I think.

• Upvote 1