Different tactics per round

MMATycoon

Do you want different tactics per round?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want different tactics per round?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know / Don't care

Where do you get your info that there actually IS an FMO hidden, and what is it called?

Well, if there isn't an FMO hidden, then thats a major flaw in the game and very unrealistic.

Because in RL fighters ability to follow the gameplan set before them varies greatly.

In this game it also varies greatly, some fighters are morons when it comes to following the gameplan (have had a few of those).

Here im talking about the fighters that try clinching 2-3 times at the beginning of the fight (set to 5% clinch) and don't try a single clinch attempt for the rest of the fight, or the fighter that spam unsuccessful headkicks one after the other even though they are only set to 20% high kicks, not trying a single headkick later in the fight etc..... Don't tell me you've never had one of those.

It goes without saying that i'm talking about fighters set to 100% FMO.

Perhaps the intelligence hidden covers both SHIG and FMO, i can't rule that out, meaning that even though the fighter is completely useless on SHIG, he might be slightly better when having the gameplan forced over his head?

Well, if there isn't an FMO hidden, then thats a major flaw in the game and very unrealistic.

Because in RL fighters ability to follow the gameplan set before them varies greatly.

In this game it also varies greatly, some fighters are morons when it comes to following the gameplan (have had a few of those).

Here im talking about the fighters that try clinching 2-3 times at the beginning of the fight (set to 5% clinch) and don't try a single clinch attempt for the rest of the fight, or the fighter that spam unsuccessful headkicks one after the other even though they are only set to 20% high kicks, not trying a single headkick later in the fight etc..... Don't tell me you've never had one of those.

It goes without saying that i'm talking about fighters set to 100% FMO.

Perhaps the intelligence hidden covers both SHIG and FMO, i can't rule that out, meaning that even though the fighter is completely useless on SHIG, he might be slightly better when having the gameplan forced over his head?

http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=New_users_guide#Creating_a_fighter

"As with the real world, some people have “it” and some just don’t. You’ll never get to see these attributes but you can affect them somewhat. The 9 hidden attributes are as follows. Intelligence, experience, heart, chin, injury proneness (if that’s a word), killer instinct, self confidence, cuts and fast learner."

http://www.mmatycoon...ating_a_fighter

"As with the real world, some people have “it” and some just don’t. You’ll never get to see these attributes but you can affect them somewhat. The 9 hidden attributes are as follows. Intelligence, experience, heart, chin, injury proneness (if that’s a word), killer instinct, self confidence, cuts and fast learner."

Killer instinct? and no KO power? strange.

Interestingly, a little ways down towards the bottom of that very page is this quote:

"There are a number of hidden values, such as chin, KO power, heart etc. It's very possible that your fighter is just rubbish. Give him a few more fights to assess his abilities and then consider releasing him to the free agent list."

KO power is also listed as one of the ones you can pick at character creation to give 30 bonus points to.

I'm guessing that in the first instance, killer instinct should actually be KO power, because killer instinct seems to be controlled by confidence as far as I can determine.

I agree that a separate FMO hidden might make sense, but I think when you see a guy fight like an idiot like that, it is simply a bad roll of the dice. It is possible to flip a coin five times and get heads four times despite the fact that real life has set the coin flip slider to 50% hehe

When the idea was first brought up, I was 100% in favor of different tactics per round. Here is why I have soured a bit on the idea:

Round 1: leg kick spam

Round 2: takedown spam

I don't want every fight to turn into this.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

When the idea was first brought up, I was 100% in favor of different tactics per round. Here is why I have soured a bit on the idea:

Round 1: leg kick spam

Round 2: takedown spam

I don't want every fight to turn into this.

Just one of many reasons, in my opinion to dislike this idea.

Be careful what you wish for... you just might get it. And if we get this... it will be all bad.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Round 1: 90%Kicks - 70% Leg Kicks - 100% Stay standing - 90% Accuracy ( Tatic: Decrease the resistance of the opponent , without getting tired )

Round 2: 90% Stay Standing - 65% Control - 75% Stall - 10% Break clinch - 75% Kicks - 70% Leg Kicks ( Tatic: Tire the opponent in the clinch and continue using the kicks. )

Round 3: Same strategy in the third round

Round 4: 75% Counter - 20% Takedowns - 65%Control on the Ground - 35% Advance Pos

Round 5: The opponent tired - 70% Agressive - 60% Damage - 20% Combos

I loved this IDEA !!!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Why don't you just add a slider section to both Swing for Fences (offensive last round) and Fight for Decision (defensive last round) and increase the time limit to 300 ? This would work as a strategy for 3rd (5th less brilliant) round at least. (Could have a new player alternative that will work as it does atm and this one for more advanced players).

Tl;dr all the pages so I don't know if this already has been mentioned.

• Upvote 1

I have played games that have this ability. They are overly complicated. I would bet good money that the people that voted yet on this thing would shit a brick if it actually happened and then would immediately be calling for it's removal. There are simply too many variables to include. You would have to have people writing scripts to account for all the conditionals and so on. I would actually be ok with a few sliders or checkboxes that can make changes in the fight plan. Things like

• A checkbox for if opponent is hurt. You could call it "Go for the Kill" (or KO if Kill seems overly violent for some). It would then cause your slider settings to move 10% or 20% more towards Aggressive and Damage, and a like amount towards head Punches and Kicks. This would increase your chances of scoring a KO but would also make you vulnerable to being caught while coming in. It could also make you miss more often, but overall would have the desired effect. It would kick in if your opponent was "Rocked" and/or Gassed. Alternatively it could be a slider that you can set the likelihood of your fighter doing this. Much like Stick to the Gameplan or Swing for the Fences. There would be no need for a second slider to indicate when to do this as the trigger is not based on time.
  • A checkbox for if your fighter gets hurt. This one could cause you to drop 10%-20% off of Aggression and Power and add a like amount to Counter and Clinch. This might have the effect of making you cover up or old on to try and get a breather. Happens in real life fights all the time. This would kick in when your fighter is "Rocked" or Gassed.

There could possibly be others I suppose but really having to set sliders for each round would just be stupid and unrealistic. Most fighters adapt to the fight as it progresses not go, "OK, round one I will throw only leg and body kicks, and then round two I will clinch rape, then I will switch to Head kicks and Punches in the third to try and KO my opponent" That sounds like a decent plan but the reality of the game engine is that whether it was having the desired effect or not then your fighter would still do whatever sliders were already set.

It would be bad for the newbies since they already have a hard enough time with sliders, training, flights morale, and energy level maintenance to name but a few that this would just make things much worse. However, since this thread never seems to just die and go away like it should and the majority of people that posted in here seem to have favored this crap then at least allow me to offer what I would consider acceptable alternatives.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I would like to see a second set of sliders that you could set as a plan B so to speak. there could be a switch to plan B slider that should be checked mid way through the fight, and you could set it to change tactics if you are being dominated

• Upvote 2

I would like to see a second set of sliders that you could set as a plan B so to speak. there could be a switch to plan B slider that should be checked mid way through the fight, and you could set it to change tactics if you are being dominated

I think that this is not feasible. It would require a lot of work to implement and it would make for some really silly looking fights. It would also make setting sliders a pain in the ass. Actually the round by round in general would be a pain in the ass... I'm telling you guys, you better be careful what you wish for. I have played games that have round by round tactics. and they are a huge amount of work. If people didn't like tickers then they would absolutely despise round by round tactics.

I believe that it would cause more people to leave the game than tickers did. It's bad, bad, bad.

What you guys are asking for is basically for you fighter to be able to adapt his game plan. This is already in the game. It's called the "See how it goes" slider. Often called SHIG in game. If y want your fighter to adapt during a fight, give him high SHIG. Be careful with that though as some fighters just don't know how to adapt their game plan. It's one of the hidden abilities.

As I posted a few posts up, some checkboxes for special circumstances might be OK but round by round tactics would n be a good thing.

• Upvote 3

I like this idea; I feel like I would use it as a "Follow my gameplan" In the begning and a "See how it goes" Towards the end, so your fighter will adjust asthe fight goes on. It could be really usefull

• 3 weeks later...