Different tactics per round

MMATycoon

Do you want different tactics per round?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want different tactics per round?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know / Don't care

To prevent confusion for the newer members, we can have 2 types of slider: Entire fight and Per round. The default one will be the entire fight slider, set it once and the slider will be your fighter's output in the entire match, just like what we are having now. When a manager click per round, then there's round 1, round 2 and round 3 so he could set the slider for each round.

Or just make a slider and have an apply to all round button for newer manager so they could just click it so their one slider will be paste to all three rounds.

i agree with it being default like it is now and then go into 'advaced mode' which would then go on the round by round thing

What do you guys think of adding this as a feature? I reckon it would be probably the best improvement we could do at the moment.

While the OP is old, I agree 100%, different tactics per round is the no.1 thing I'd love to be added.

It'd really make the fights realistic, then.

Should be easy enough for noobs, too. 2 tabs, one for entire fight, one for round-by-round.

Default setting is entire fight, click something to access the round by round sliders

definitely would be a good idea, plus the unpredictability factor would come in...per round tactics would give your fighter different outlook per round....

of course, if you still go for the current mode, then that is fine as well...

putting an option on how you want it would be perfect (either per round or for the whole game..)...

would love to see this implemented...

• 4 weeks later...

even better would be if we could change the tactics as the fight is going. u know like being the coach standing outside the ring/cage screaming at the fighter kinda thing? u could control what the coach tells him to do during the rounds and in between aswell depending on how the fight is going.

of course i understand this would be difficult and not everyone would be able to be online at the time of fight, but still. that would be gr8

Different tactics per round would be awesome. I can't think of any reasons why it would not be a good implementation. I'd also like to see option slider tactics that are contingent of what the other fighter is doing. For example, if the opponent is shooting lots of takedowns, then throw less kicks. Or if the opponent is working for submissions, try to get up (rather than controlling/stalling).

• 3 weeks later...
I dunno when we'll do this. Maybe in a couple of months. It's a big one that needs a lot of testing.

We'll never do anything where you can change tactics during a fight. Each fight is run in about 0.2 of a second so it's not feasable.

mike my man, you sir are behind. you said this would be implemented within the first quarter of 010. that only leaves one more month. (looking at my watch) i bet you.......5 in game dollars you cant do it by then!

mike my man, you sir are behind. you said this would be implemented within the first quarter of 010. that only leaves one more month. (looking at my watch) i bet you.......5 in game dollars you cant do it by then!

actually mike. better yet, instead of you working over time to keep us happy. why dont you just start holdin out on the lil wifey until she learns how to program computers? hopefully she has the fast learner hidden

Still want this feature added more than anything in the whole wide world (of MMA Tycoon).

This would really, really make the tactical battle super stupendous. There is rarely, if ever, a fight where I haven't longed for round by round sliders.

Still want this feature added more than anything in the whole wide world (of MMA Tycoon).

This would really, really make the tactical battle super stupendous. There is rarely, if ever, a fight where I haven't longed for round by round sliders.

Agreed, it would add so much more emphasis on being a tactician. In today's game having a gameplan is crucial for any fighter.

• 3 weeks later...

IMO there should be some version of this implemented, without allowing it to become overly complicated.

One key thing is that if you set up to body punch/kick right now, you'll even body punch/kick at the end of the fight, when the idea of body blows is to tire the other guy out for later head blows to KO him. I know the "Swing For the Fences" slider is for this if hopelessly behind, but I don't like seeing my fighters fight the last as if there were another round to tire the other guy out for.

This would also apply to Finish vs. Control in the ground game.

What happens if you set your guy to tire him out int he first round then take him down in the second, only in the first round you got slapped around. SO you are to tired to take him down yet you keep trying. B/c your round by round tactics are only valid if each round goes as you planned

What happens if you set your guy to tire him out int he first round then take him down in the second, only in the first round you got slapped around. SO you are to tired to take him down yet you keep trying. B/c your round by round tactics are only valid if each round goes as you planned

Still, it's better than the current system, where in the final round (usually the third) the fighter is still softening the opponent up as if there were another round after it.

Maybe just add a slider for how much to adapt tactics like Head/Body and Finish/Control to the round, where if set all the way to adapt to round the fighter would pretty much attack the body and legs, and work for control and GnP, in the 1st round and do the opposite in the last round, following normal tactics in between. At the "Don't Adapt to Round" side he'd follow the same tactics each round. In the middle, where I'd have it generally set, it would move toward striking low/control/GnP early and high/finish/sub late, but not to the exclusion of basic tactics.

This slider would be overruled by the fight for decision and swing for the fences sliders when it's clear who'd win if it goes to the judges and they've been set to apply.

That's why you have to think, even with the current setting, no plan goes exactly like you wanted it to be. Even worst, let's say you set take him down in the current setting and he has good takedown defense, you are screwed for the entire fight. If this round by round thing is implemented, you might have a bad first round, but maybe your 2nd round and 3rd round strategy work and thus you win that last two rounds.

And if you don't really want to go by round by round tactics, there's always the default setting for you to use. Or you could just manually set the same strategy for all 3 rounds as the same.

• 2 weeks later...

i just want to throw it out there that some games use an "if" system for gameplanning. like for instance you have to plan out your strategy for every single possible situation. its just a big drawn out hassle and in my opinion is the worst thing that has ever been implemented in the history of the world. i hate it with a passion for more reasons than i can even bother to write.

so since we dont know what mike has in the works, all that we can truly hope for is that a system like that isnt part of his plans

• 2 weeks later...
What do you guys think of adding this as a feature? I reckon it would be probably the best improvement we could do at the moment.

How about an intensity slider for each round? Something like low intensity/high intensity. It's almost like the aggressor/counter and finish/control sliders but more specific (and is divided depending on the rounds)? With regards to the number of rounds, I'm aware that some orgs have the 1x10 format...I've only thought up until there.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been considering it for some time. It would benefit some fighters more than others. If you know you can "break" your opponent or exhaust him in the early rounds, you could have it set to go for control early and go aggressive later. Capitalize on your superior cardio. It probably wouldn't change as much for the upper levels.

i agree with it being default like it is now and then go into 'advaced mode' which would then go on the round by round thing

Agreed.