Different tactics per round

MMATycoon

Do you want different tactics per round?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want different tactics per round?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know / Don't care

If seems to me that if some people use it and some people don't they are getting an unfair advantage. Like, I think it's a bad idea and wouldn't want it implemented. But, if it was and I chose not to use other people would so they'd have an advantage over me, thereby in effect forcing me to do something that I don't particularly want to do.

This is a great idea, it gives more tactical options on how to attack your opponent and when to press fight. This is also something that we can see in almost every MMA event in some match. Fighter with better cardio tries to gas out opponent in first rounds and going for finish in last one.

If seems to me that if some people use it and some people don't they are getting an unfair advantage. Like, I think it's a bad idea and wouldn't want it implemented. But, if it was and I chose not to use other people would so they'd have an advantage over me, thereby in effect forcing me to do something that I don't particularly want to do.

Well, it's more effort = better outcome. If you don't want to pay effort on the sliders, then you deserve to not get an advantage. And I guess you don't have to use it if your fighters are hell lot better than your opponent or you are confident enough that you will kill your opponent in the first round.

• 2 weeks later...

IF you added this... would I be able to adjust it if I were winning? losing?

For the record though, I'm not crazy about this idea either.

I think it would hurt the fighter intelligence attribute as there won't be any room for adapting a gameplan.

It has potential to be an awesome addition to the game. why would we not want more control over our choices? Give us more choices for certain situations, that would be great. Im sure mike tycoon will test and make sure its worthy before springing it on us.

• 3 weeks later...

This is something I'd really like to see.

I think it would mean you could implement a much thorough game plan for an opponent.

Examples might be that I don't feel I can take someone down until I've damaged them first with a lot of body and leg kicks in the first few rounds, then I might look to take them down in the latter rounds and work my submissions.

Similiarly if we have similiar striking skills but I feel I have a cardio advantage I may wish to be more cautious in the first few rounds until his lack of conditioning has kicked in and then look to up my aggression and go for the knockout.

It wouldn't have to be implemented instead of the current system, you could perhaps have a tickbox to 'Use same gameplan for all rounds' if you didn't want to break your tactics down on a round by round basis.

This to me is one of the most realistic features when it comes to an MMA fight which isn't currently implemented in the game.

Where do people stand on the subject now as I can see it's been debated for quite some time.

I think mike should leave the slides as it is for right now. I don't think everyone has grasp the concept of all the slides yet and will confused more people if you give them that extra option. one suggestion I thought of, is it possible to add trainer assigned to fighters during their fight like the ufc has. One cut man, one coach and so forth. Not sure how that would work on your side of the fence mike. would it require a lot of time to code something like that? I have written codes in SQL and it was a bitch so I can only imagine how much time it may take. Just an idea for thought.

This idea sounds more close to something that could benefit certain fighters in the game, but also people who aren't used to the game yet might not want that.

yea i would still love to see this added ---- i think it could make a huge difference and more realistic ---- well rounded fighters could change up their skills per round --- say i want to come out banging trying to get a ko ( or just stand striking more ) -- dont get it first round then i could go to my ground game more for 2 thru whatever round then maybe stand up again last round ---- or maybe add this as an option for those that would like to use it - kind of like the phone settings option -- so the manager could choose

I'm not sure I'm on board yet guys.

Read through peoples posts. It seems like now its just going to make fights into a uniform "soften em up for a while, then try to finish" formula.

I'm not sure I'm on board yet guys.

Read through peoples posts. It seems like now its just going to make fights into a uniform "soften em up for a while, then try to finish" formula.

well isnt that what its about sometimes -- change and adapt game planning -- i can see some worried on it or something cause of change but as i say have it set up like the phone option or something for those that dont want to use it

• 3 weeks later...

i may be wrong but i can actually see this being a big chaotic mess with sliders all over the place....round robbin or musical chairs

ppl are gonna be changing more than just damage vs accuraccy. there gonna be changing everything and its gonna turn into more of a guessing game than stategically scouting your opponent and formulating the perfect gameplan

i may be wrong but i can actually see this being a big chaotic mess with sliders all over the place....round robbin or musical chairs

ppl are gonna be changing more than just damage vs accuraccy. there gonna be changing everything and its gonna turn into more of a guessing game than stategically scouting your opponent and formulating the perfect gameplan

thats the way it is in real life -- strategy changes from round to round a lot of times --- what fighters plan to do in later rounds is different than at the start -- right now your just stuck with one game plan no way to change things up -- yea you can mix things up but not totally change your game plan --- i mean like some ground fighters waste energy going for takedowns in the first when they could stand a little more then go for more takedowns in later rounds as the other fighter gets tired and easier to takedown

thats the way it is in real life -- strategy changes from round to round a lot of times --- what fighters plan to do in later rounds is different than at the start

not neccassarily. a lot of times they come into a fight and they actually dont change there gameplan very much at all. they just try to work what they planned on better.

plus this is not real life either and im speaking from a playability perspective. dont get me wrong, im not denying the idea. im just stating some concerns that ive noticed. it would be hard to competitively gameplan against an opponent when his sliders can be all over the place with no rhyme or reason. then it becomes luck

if i could tweak the idea to a comprimise. i would say that once you set your base slider setup. then you cant stray away from it for more than like 30% either way for each round or something like that. im not saying this is the greatest idea either but i figured i would throw it out there

just a few more things before i head to bed

would it be accurate to real life if a fighter wer to dominate the first round and then becos of predetermined sliders change his gameplan completely?

plus, isnt this covered under the "ability to adjust his gameplan"

lastly, can you imagine how annoying it would be to set sliders for a five round fight? this is the scenario that i see created by this - "well, this round ima do this. this round ima do this. um...lets see, i think this round ima do this..oh, wait! this looks good for this round." for the obvious reasons, that scenario just simply doesnt sound to exciting to me

truthfully, i get a rush out of the style of play that we have now. the 'ol "run what ya brung" format. it allows for proper scouting before the fight and it allows for proper intelligence gathering after fights.

if you have changing gameplans then after a fight i think that it would be hard to even begin to have a clue where you may have went wrong in a loss or made the correct move in a victory

this is all just my opinion but i vote a big -1 to it all

lastly, can you imagine how annoying it would be to set sliders for a five round fight? this is the scenario that i see created by this - "well, this round ima do this. this round ima do this. um...lets see, i think this round ima do this..oh, wait! this looks good for this round." for the obvious reasons, that scenario just simply doesnt sound to exciting to me

You can use the same slider for entire five rounds...

plus this is not real life either and im speaking from a playability perspective. dont get me wrong, im not denying the idea. im just stating some concerns that ive noticed. it would be hard to competitively gameplan against an opponent when his sliders can be all over the place with no rhyme or reason. then it becomes luck

If your opponent is primarily a wrestler, then his slider will still be trackable. He might go for lesser takedown in round 2, but he definitely won't go for 100% standup and 100% combo in round 2, so there's rhyme or reason behind everything. Of course, except a top level fighter with wonderful on all primaries I guess *shrugs*.

You can use the same slider for entire five rounds...

he cant comprehend this --- kind of like different ground sliders -- everyone was like oh no -- now something else to have to learn or do --- its really simple if you dont want to change your game plan then dont -- if you do this gives you a realistic option --------- here is an example just the same as you gave edwardsfan --- if a fighter comes out planning on standing trying to get early ko and doesnt get the job done --- do you think he is just gonna stand there and keep standing whole fight or would he "change his gameplan" and maybe try takedown if nothing else to score points --- i dont think he will continue to stand there he would try something different ---- i mean if a fighter decides to stand and box in round one and nothing but takedowns round 2 nothing but kicks round 3 he can do it if he chooses too -- cant with the current set up -- not saying it realistic to do this but just stating my point -- you see a lot of fight where no takedown are even tried for a round or two

Oh yeah, one more thing, if your fighter is top-class, you don't need to worry about the "no rhyme, no reason" slider setting cuz you can take the fight into anywhere and everywhere, so I am not sure what are you worrying about. One thing that is a problem IMO is 100% leg kicks for 2 round and aim for KO on 3rd, and another thing is that intelligence will be even less important now because you can change things easily.

Oh yeah, one more thing, if your fighter is top-class, you don't need to worry about the "no rhyme, no reason" slider setting cuz you can take the fight into anywhere and everywhere, so I am not sure what are you worrying about. One thing that is a problem IMO is 100% leg kicks for 2 round and aim for KO on 3rd, and another thing is that intelligence will be even less important now because you can change things easily.

well the example is not a good one i gave --- try this say a fighter wants to come out and work some leg kicks to slow his opponent down (lets say 5rd fight) for couple rounds then start trying more takedowns in later rounds --- im not really talking about 100% one thing then the other next round -- just the ability to change it up some -- as i say takedowns are harder to land 1st or 2nd round (against some) -- i say it gets somewhat boring unable to change it up some -- maybe im trying to aim for more technical then what some want but i just think it would add a total control to the game -- i dont think it would end up as i stated with totally 100% different things each round but just the ability to do more of one or another during said rounds