Check this anti gun bullshit out.

1. Slums are called favelas, which are living conditions for the extremely impoverished in Brazil. They are built by their occupants on the edges of big cities like Rio de Janeiro.

- Rio de Janeiro is a particular place and violence there does not translate to the rest of the country (a continental country, same argument you used with United States). Even tho, yeah, Oakland (a "not so bad place" as you say yourself) tents at home depot are pretty much like Rio De Janeiro slums (been there in both places one year ago, didnt google it up)

2. As of 2013, two million people in Brazil live in favelas. The occupants of favelas are extremely poor, unable to afford better housing in urban areas. These citizens often moved to urban areas to find better work but were forced into the slums when they could not find a job that paid them enough to purchase better housing

- Most people living in slums here migrated from wrose living conditions (google "Sertão nordestino") and settled up at a gentrified capital, hence not being able to afford housing. I bet YOU cant afford housing in San Francisco. Even then, they do receive homes from the goverment (with no mortgages, they actually OWN it, can you say the same thing about your "all mighty not so bad poverty" country? ) called CDHU. The issue here is, they usually sell this house and go back to the favela.

3. The communities of favelas do not have any organization or sanitation systems and are built illegally. With a lack of any structure or legal system which leads to higher crime rates, favelas are often sites of crime and drug-related violence.

-Only partially true. But than again, as you said, put a tent outside and you have no sanitation system everywhere.

4. Rates of disease and infant mortality are high in favelas, and poor nutrition is common. The lack of sanitation and proper healthcare leads to diseases and more deaths in children.

-New Jersey Infant death rate is 4.5. Sao Paulo slum is 4.9.

5. Unpredictable weather, which could cause landslides, can often wipe away entire communities of favelas. Weather like this leaves those who have limited housing with none at all.

-Again, only Rio de Janeiro slums have this issue. And its not a SLUM issue, its a geographic issue. California has landslides, only difference is that in California it happens at gentrified condos

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_landslides

6. Over 50 million Brazilians live in inadequate housing. In addition to urban slums, rural areas of Brazil also experience significant poverty and lack of quality housing. This means many Brazilians rural dwellers do not have access to sanitation systems like flushing toilets and running water.

-Yes, rural area in Brazil is an issue, as I stated above. Worked there as well and have seen way worse quality of life.

7. Favelas are becoming increasingly common as sites for tourism. Every year, around 40,000 people visit favelas in Brazil to see the poverty that they would otherwise never be exposed to.

-I've never seen entire wagons filled with homeless (black) people sleeping like I did last time I went to SanFran and Minneapolis. Guess I can say I tour US to see poverty I would never otherwise be exposed to.

8. Overall, there is an intense need for more housing in Brazil. The country needs to construct eight million more houses to provide enough shelter fulfill to those who need it. Current housing is cramped and people are often forced into the favelas as a result.

-we have enough housing, we have a lot of empty houses and condos. The problem is not having enough houses, the problem is EMPTY houses. I myself own a beach condo that is idle at this moment because we are not traveling to the beach. My apartment is in a building thats almost entirely empty, cause owners rather keep it empty than rent with a lower price. Idling house is a bigger issue here, and thats because of gentrification and the imobiliary bubble.

Country Homeless population (per night) Data year Brazil 101,500 2016

Homelessness in America A total of 552,830 people were experiencing homelessness on a single night in 2018.

Say again about homeless?

9. Habitat for Humanity works closely with Brazil to reconstruct slums and drive housing projects. As an organization, HFH has helped almost 13,000 Brazilian families to find or build better housing. They have also worked to rehabilitate Brazilian slums.

Not sure what to say here. Dont see this as a "fact about our living condition"...

10. The Brazilian government launched a program in 2009 called Minha Casa, Minha Vida (My Home, My Life) that helped four million low-income families build homes. Families with low incomes were able to apply to move into new homes or have their current home reconstructed.

Yeah, this alone could be a 5 hours discussion with lots of beer. We would talk about corruption, faking licitations, etc... But this MCMV and the CDHU projects is what I told you early above. People apply, sell (we call it a "drawer's contract", or "Contrato de Gaveta", when there is a contract... Sometimes is just what we call "rolo") the house and go back to the slum.

Most

No shit. Very big difference. MOST (not all) of our homeless are/were drug addicts. I'd say very, very, very few in comparison to other countries are born homeless, and for the 3rd most populated country in the world, that's impressive if you compare it to the other top 6 or 7.

Most of Brazil homeless is either mental illness, drug addiction or family disrupts as well.

But last time I checked about USA, biggest homelessness cause was:

According to the most recent annual survey by the U.S. Conference of Mayors, major cities across the country report that top causes of homelessness among families were:(1) lack of affordable housing, (2) unemployment, (3) poverty, and (4) lowwages, in that order.42The same report found that the top four causes of homelessness among unaccompanied individuals were (1) lack of affordable housing, (2) unemployment, (3) poverty, (4) mental illness and the lack of needed services, and (5) substance abuse and the lack of needed services.43

EDIT = Oh yeah, rude me. You can check the source here:
U.S. States Conference of Mayors, Hunger and Homelessness Survey: A STATUS ONHUNGER ANDHOMELESS INAMERICASCITIESA 25-CITYSURVEY2 (Dec. 2014),

BTW, I support the right to own guns for the same reasons I told earlier to "keep the social contract always in check", dont take the social contract freedom for granted.

unknown.png

I also have a personal library of (home) gunsmithing in my PC I could share with you, if thats your thang

America has 100 million more people than Brazil...

For 3rd most populated country in the world, I think USA is impressive if you compare it to the other top 10 most populated. If you understood and took into equation American culture (laziness, i.e.), you would understand our slightly inflated homelessness.

I agree that the rent is too damn high but that's the price you pay to live in certain places. If you can't afford a Lambo, get a Prius. Come back when you can buy the lambo.

Shit happens, I get it. Easier said than done in most cases. Is what it is.

America has 100 million more people than Brazil... you know that's only more people than just about every other country in the world.

I'm gonna bow out this thread for a while cuz my point is made, correct, and time to move on lol.

Infant death rate is relative, not absolute number, as most of statistic I presented.

Your point was made, it just doesnt match reality

No shit. Very big difference. MOST (not all) of our homeless are/were drug addicts. I'd say very, very, very few in comparison to other countries are born homeless, and for the 3rd most populated country in the world, that's impressive if you compare it to the other top 6 or 7.

According to the most recent annual survey by the U.S. Conference of Mayors, major cities across the country report that top causes of homelessness among families were:(1) lack of affordable housing, (2) unemployment, (3) poverty, and (4) lowwages, in that order

U.S. States Conference of Mayors, Hunger and Homelessness Survey: A STATUS ONHUNGER ANDHOMELESS INAMERICASCITIESA 25-CITYSURVEY2 (Dec. 2014),

Your point was made, it just doesnt match reality

• Downvote 1

Did you really compare a detaining Knee on back to a Brazilian Jew Jitsu move you trained?

LOLtastic.

I love how you are a Physician, Gunsmith, and a Gracie Jujitsu Black Belt all in one while posting here 24/7 . Google = HARVARD LOLOL.

On topic:

My family owns and manages a ton or properties in the US, Canada and South America (Mostly Peru / Chile). I think I have slept 9 hours total the past 3 days following the Riots and helping manage some kind of coverage specially for the small business properties.

It`s fucking NUTS.

Last night Trenton, NJ burned hard. I have so many friends there. It was fucking sad. Businesses I have been to and supported, burned and looted. It was pure hatred too, there was not much of value there :(

We got the Latin Kings defending Chicago small businesses. They are just shooting any looters they see really.

Even the Roof Koreans are back in LA , just in time to join the battle.

Surprised Florida is relatively quiet, but it better be, too many guns there and people not afraid of consequences.

Based on most reports tonight will be the bloodiest night yet.

Here in Montreal I sent my cousin and his little crew on an all paid cottage vacation. Don`t need any of those fools getting any ideas when shit pops again this coming weekend. Somewhere up in Mont Tremblant a bunch of gangsters are walking around totally not social distancing and probably trying to seduce white womens to their luxury cottage. Ahhh good for them wish I could join them but I got actual work to do here.

Stay safe homies

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Did you really compare a detaining Knee on back to a Brazilian Jew Jitsu move you trained?

No, I compared knee on neck during bjj match with knee on neck during detaining. Learning how to read english properly helps.

What I did compare to knee on back was situations that also block thorax physiological bucket handle movements thru external force, like debris burial or grain/sand entrapment. Its called Morestin/Perthes syndrome, because of the signs you find during authopsy.

Like this or this.

I had no access to George Floyd's authopsy tho, so its an educated guess. Still probably more likely.

• Downvote 1

Chris, it's all about per capita numbers when comparing countries. Even if the US has a 33% larger population than Brazil, that doesn't explain the 500% more homeless people pr. night.

I do find it funny that Camara would make a point out of questioning who someone else claims to be on the internet while also pretending his life is an Axe Body Spray commercial.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

No, I compared knee on neck during bjj match with knee on neck during detaining. Learning how to read english properly helps.

What I did compare to knee on back was situations that also block thorax physiological bucket handle movements thru external force, like debris burial or grain/sand entrapment. Its called Morestin/Perthes syndrome, because of the signs you find during authopsy.

Like this or this.

I had no access to George Floyd's authopsy tho, so its an educated guess. Still probably more likely.

according to two autopsy reports he died from the knee in the back and officer putting all weight into it -- officer doing the knee to the neck had nothing to do with his actual death -- not to mention he was high on fentyal and meth in system along with major heart disease and issues --- but the knee to the back and weight of officer made it where he could not expand chest to breathe and thus lead to the killing --- wrong officer charged with it and blamed -- guess which officer had the knee in the back and weight into it?

according to two autopsy reports he died from the knee in the back and officer putting all weight into it -- officer doing the knee to the neck had nothing to do with his actual death -- not to mention he was high on fentyal and meth in system along with major heart disease and issues --- but the knee to the back and weight of officer made it where he could not expand chest to breathe and thus lead to the killing --- wrong officer charged with it and blamed -- guess which officer had the knee in the back and weight into it?

White guy also had a knee at his back tho.

As I said, dunno if the technique choice was as bad, but the execution was definitely wrong.

Knee on neck and nee on hips, thats how you pin. Dont knee the thorax

Guess I was right, heh. It was Perthes syndrome.

Chris, it's all about per capita numbers when comparing countries. Even if the US has a 33% larger population than Brazil, that doesn't explain the 500% more homeless people pr. night.

I do find it funny that Camara would make a point out of questioning who someone else claims to be on the internet while also pretending his life is an Axe Body Spray commercial.

I think you vastly overestimate "American homelessness". There is a lot of it, and it's unfortunate for the mentally ill, sick, etc.

But a lot of those numbers are a sham. Either from people collecting food stamps, social security, or some other form of government assistance, or people avoiding legal responsibility.

A lot of that shit is people damn near choosing to be homeless cuz they're lazy and don't want to work, addicted to drugs, and/or read some online philosophy about freeing the shackles of humanity from your mind and now they're spirit travelers who don't believe in the government military paradox but they also have a food stamp card lol...

Panhandling is a profitable business in America.

The more people you have, cities that are larger than countries, these places are going to be more prone to homelessness.

Per capita starts going out the window when compare to population imo. Technically speaking, per capita the city I live in was top 10 most violent cities in America... it's not lol.

You keep saying its most "spirit travelers" or "drug addicts", even tho, AGAIN:

According to the most recent annual survey by the U.S. Conference of Mayors, major cities across the country report that top causes of homelessness among families were:(1) lack of affordable housing, (2) unemployment, (3) poverty, and (4) lowwages, in that order

I have no problem with you saying this source is a sham (official gov data, btw). Do you at least have another source to back your argument? Thats the bare minimum for a logic discussion.

I think you vastly overestimate "American homelessness". There is a lot of it, and it's unfortunate for the mentally ill, sick, etc.

But a lot of those numbers are a sham. Either from people collecting food stamps, social security, or some other form of government assistance, or people avoiding legal responsibility.

A lot of that shit is people damn near choosing to be homeless cuz they're lazy and don't want to work, addicted to drugs, and/or read some online philosophy about freeing the shackles of humanity from your mind and now they're spirit travelers who don't believe in the government military paradox but they also have a food stamp card lol...

Panhandling is a profitable business in America.

The more people you have, cities that are larger than countries, these places are going to be more prone to homelessness.

Per capita starts going out the window when compare to population imo. Technically speaking, per capita the city I live in was top 10 most violent cities in America... it's not lol.

Good post

Sad Diego is a perfect example of this.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

According to the most recent annual survey by the U.S. Conference of Mayors, major cities across [/size]the country report that top causes of homelessness among familie[/size]s were[/size]:[/size](1) lack of affordable [/size]housing, (2) unemployment, (3) poverty, and (4) low[/size]wages[/size], in that order[/size]

U.S. States Conference of Mayors, [/size]Hunger and Homelessness Survey: A S[/size]TATUS ON[/size]H[/size]UNGER AND[/size]H[/size]OMELESS IN[/size]A[/size]MERICA[/size][/size]S[/size]C[/size]ITIES[/size][/size]A 25[/size]-[/size]C[/size]ITY[/size]S[/size]URVEY[/size]2 (Dec. 2014),

I have no problem with you saying this source is a sham (official gov data, btw). Do you at least have another source to back your argument? Thats the bare minimum for a logic discussion.[/size]

I never said most (about the spirit travelers, the willingly homeless are different then the drug addicts)

I never said/meant ALL statistics were a sham.

I pointed out that they are inflated. Very much so. Which means, some stats are sham, some stats, inflated.

Just like America's unemployment rate. Rather sell drugs or collect unemployment, welfare, SSI, etc. Then go get a job and work. People look at it like, if I go get a job I'll be making the same thing or not much more, I can just stay home and get same shit.

and I still stand by my assessment that America is probably one of the better countries in the world to be homeless in.

Any source backing up that claim?

I never said most.

I never said statistics were a sham.

I pointed out that they are inflated. Very much so.

Inflated statistics are sham statistics.

Yes you did. You just edited later

Rambo, on 02 Jun 2020 - 8:35 PM, said:snapback.png

I have no problem with you saying this source is a sham (official gov data, btw). Do you at least have another source to back your argument? Thats the bare minimum for a logic discussion.

Haven't been following this debate. But to make one point, I'm not going to question the numbers in terms of overall homeless but I would question the accuracy of the causes. I'm sure the cause of drug use is heavily under-reported.

Any source backing up that claim?

Inflated statistics are sham statistics.

Yes you did. You just edited later

Rambo, on 02 Jun 2020 - 8:35 PM, said:snapback.png

MOST are/were drug addicts. Shit even 51% qualifies as most.

That doesn't change anything. People aren't systematically homeless in America. If that makes sense. They are not oppressed into homelessness in the ways that you are in most countries w/ poverty issues.

And A LOT. Doesn't mean most. If 1% of all police officers in the world were corrupt, people would call that 1% A LOT. Maybe not best analogy, but idk wtf you're even talking to me about? What is your point you're trying to make?

It isn't homeless people rioting. It is young ass kids who live w/ mommy and Daddy. It's dudes who never grew up and got a job that want to steal shit they can't afford. It's mostly a bunch of wasted air and tax dollars that can vanish tonight and the world would be better off.

• Upvote 1

Haven't been following this debate. But to make one point, I'm not going to question the numbers in terms of overall homeless but I would question the accuracy of the causes. I'm sure the cause of drug use is heavily under-reported.

Well, any data is more usefull than no-data. I just pointed the most recent official one. I AM open to debate. Thats what the dialetic method is all about. I say A and back it up. You say B and back it up. We end with a synthesis idea of C.

They just have to be backed up tho. Im pretty much sure Brazil has drugs, mental illness and heartbreaks (kid you not, lots of 25-45 man [temp?] at the street because marriage is over) as top 3 causes... But official data says otherwise