ITFL - International Team Fighting League

shortfuse122829

Syndicate 1-0 (A) vs TFP 1-0 (H)

TFP comes into this match looking to benefit from their home field advantage. The winner of this will take sole possession of first place.

1. Tweedle Dee v Karl Denke Easily the most anticipated fight of week two, Dee vs Denke should be a war. Both fighters are primarily ground and pounders, with Denke having a better striking game. On the ground I give a slight edge to Dee. It will be interesting to see where this fight takes place, I expect a back and forth barnburner with plenty of positional grappling. In a slight upset I am going with Dee by decision.

2. Toby Diaby v Ogmundur Girsurrson Two fighters coming off losses in week one of the ITFL. Diaby is a decorated ground fighter, but the edge standing goes to the well rounded Girsusson. Girsurrson's grappling will be good enough to stay alive if he goes to the ground and his superior striking will be enough to eventually overwhelm the veteran Diaby. Ogmundur Girsurrson by TKO.

3. Latka Gravas v Edward Richtofen ITFL's hottest prospect, Edward Richtofen takes on a prolific striker in the Kosovar Latka Gravas. This will be a great test for Richtofen, we'll really get a great idea of where this prodigy stands after tonight. It's hard to pick against the phenom, but I am going with the grizzled vet in Gravas to win by decision.

4. Sergiy Sklyar v Deangelo Jeremetrius Vickers Tough matchup for Vickers here, taking on the feared grappler Sergiy Skylar. Vickers definitely has the advantage standing with his superior striking and big time KO power, but will he be able to keep it there? Skylar is the smallest man in the tourney, in this fight he is giving up 30 cm and 53lbs. Unless Vickers can land a big shot early I think he is in big trouble, Skylar by tKO.

5. Dan Leighty v Kauno Kaalikorva Intriguing matchup here as Leighty appears to be the more skilled fighter on paper, but Kaalikorva has a very impressive ground game. The winner will likely be determined by whomever can enforce their will and win the positional fighting. In cases like this I have to give the edge to the striker especially when Kaalikorva has a history of going night-night.

Aces 0-1 (A) vs Hells 0-1 (H)

This is an interesting battle to stay out of the early season cellar. The young fighters of Aces take on the greybeards of HellsBalls.

1. Rage Blade v Pete Damato Two veteran strikers square off here, with Blade taking on Damato. Damato has taken time off from Yowie hunting with his boomerang, but his skills haven't totally returned yet. Damato still has crazy power and Blade can be touched, so this fight is far from a shoo-in for Blade. Odds are Blade still takes it, so I'm picking Blade by decision.

2. Bam Boon I v Jeremy Voda Voda has been on a tear lately, capped off by his week one guillotine of heavy favorite Frank Esposito. Voda has a much easier draw this month, so he really needs to guard against a let-down. Boon has a slight edge in the striking department but Voda will have too much for him once this hits the mat. Voda by submission.

3. I.P. Daily v Kron Gracie Daily and Gracie are very evenly matched on the feet, Gracie has a far better ground game though. It is going to be hard for him to get this fight off the feet though. Daily doesn't have the best chin and Gracie is known to be a durable fighter. This fight is really a toss-up, but I'm going with the veteran Gracie using his experience to pull out a decision.

4. Andreas Reinhardt v Levi James James is the only youngster on the Hells Balls team. Reinhardt uses his boxing game to set up a solid top game. James has been thrown right into the shark tank from the beginning of his career. So pressure is nothing new to the kid. I'm picking James in a upset here, I wouldn't be surprised to see the youngster put together a nice run here towards the end of the ITFL.

5. Garrick Ballantyne v Dan Smith Thunder Dan is still a little cut up from his last fight, but bleeding is nothing new to this stout chinned brawler. Ballantyne has a skill edge, but Smith has thunder in his hands. I don't think this fight is going to decision. Smith by KO.

• Upvote 1

Richtofen will tear Gravas' eyeballs out eat them, and shit them into his mouth--and stuff a pillow over his face while he watches his empty eye sockets dim like some flickering candle on its last vestige of breadth. I will resuscitate Gravas' then with defibrillator shock paddles and therein hammerfist his face into play-do that appears to have been set underneath a Zamboni for the last century, until his brain matter has spewed forth like an elephant stomping on a fruit gusher. Yes I am taking this matchup seriously. The Butcher refuses to accept defeat this year, or next year, or the year after that.

• Upvote 1

First let me thank JLP for getting our record incorrect which in turn only serves to motivate us more. We won week one 3-2 there for our record should show 1-0 in the preview rather then the 0-1 JLP has stated. Now onto the business at hand, which would be the graphic overkill brought to us by Swan Song...let the record show that the Zamboni which was spoken of above was stored in a dingy old arena infested with mice which means there is no way in hell any elephant would have been within a hundred miles of that location in order to stomp on any kind of fruit gusher!! Also during his short stay with the Cab company in NY, Lakta was involved in a very unfortunate accident while attempting to make sure the impact gun he was using was rotating in the correct direction, his clumsiness caused him to remove both his eyeballs from his head rather then the lug nuts on the tire & wheel assembly he was trying replace. What does this mean Mr Rictofen, try and tear them out, hell he will pop them out for u if it will help. Gravas too is taking this fight serious and plans to show this young punk a few veteran tricks he has up his sleeve...

Dinooo's Donkeys 1-0 vs Reaper Combatwear 1-0 Reaper and the Donkeys square off for sole possession of 1st place. Reaper had the first pick and homefield advantage so the pressure is on them.

1. Tito Hopkins v Boy Bubby: Reaper wonderkind Boy Bubby takes on the legendary striker Tito Hopkins. Hopkins is a top level striker, only his suspect chin has kept him from maintaining a top rank on a consistent basis. Bubby is a top prospect who has shown a well-rounded MMA game and has exhibited plenty of power in his short career. I'm looking for a firefight here. If Bubby can get his takedown and work his top game I see him winning by TKO.

2. Nick Fury v Dragon Slayer: Nick Fury, preseason favorite, takes on relative unknown in Dragon Slayer. Slayer has previously defeated a fighter from Fury's camp, so revenge is a factor here. Fury looks to have too much for the youngster in this fight. I'd be impressed if Slayer gets through to the final bell. Fury by TKO.

3. Thomas Billington v Richard Lightfoot: Master of Clinchrape, Richard Lightfoot takes on top notch wrestler Thomas Billington. This fight will be decided on where it takes place, if Lightfoot can stay standing or keep Billington in the clinch, he will cruise to victory. The impetus is really on Billington to take this fight to the ground in order to stay out of trouble and inflict punishment . Close fight, but I'm going to go with Lightfoot by decision.

4. Pete Wentz v Dennis Wise: Wentz and Wise both come into this fight with wins in their ITFL debuts. Wise is a striker/clinch fighter with fight ending power. Wentz has made his name with his grappling game and phenomenal durability. Wentz doesn't have enough to stay standing with Wise, he needs to get the fight down to the ground as early as possible. I think Wise has too much for Wentz and takes the decision.

5. Dryden Mitchell v Frank Esposito : In what could be the deciding rubbermatch, Espo takes on Dryden Mitchell. Esposito is coming off a surprise upset loss to Jeremy Voda in the first week. Mitchell took a decision win over Pete Damato. These guys are both top-notch strikers, Esposito has a little more power and Mitchell is a more durable fighter. Another fight that is hard to call, but I'm giving a slight edge to Esposito. He has something to prove after his loss last week, Esposito by decision.

Misfits 0-1 vs Kaiser 0-1

1. Jax Teller v Viktor Kafka: Teller takes on the far more experienced Viktor Kafka in the opening bout. Teller has an edge in the stand-up department, but Kafka is no neophyte in that regards as well. Kafka sports a much better ground game though and the ability to get the fight to that realm. I think Kafka's ground skills will carry him through here. I think he gets a stoppage late.

2. Constantine Barca v Geralt Of Ravia: Geralt takes on Barca in a classic striker vs grappler match up. Both these guys are plenty well rounded though. Barca has the better ground chops, and Geralt has a better striking game. Close fight, but I'm going with Geralt, even though he has a ridiculous name that no one understands. Geralt by decision.

3. Luka Beck v Artie Lange: Everyone's favorite fighter, Artie Lange returns to the cage after his awe inspiring first round performance. Lange takes on the always dangerous Luka Beck. Beck doesn't have the power that Lange holds in his hands, but he has more skill and more paths to victory. Lange really needs to do some damage early in order to take this fight. Unfortunately for him Beck is durable and dangerous. Beck by decision.

4. Dakota Royer v Katsuro Sato: The KO power of Royer takes on the top notch ground game of Sato here. Royer can bang with the best of them, but a smart gameplan by Sato will likely nullify that. Sato has never been KO'ed, so I think he can survive Royers shots long enough to get this fight into comfortable territory. I think Sato grabs a sub and takes home the win.

5. Karl Thomas v Jan Dudek: Two strikers square off here in a fight sure to bring fireworks. Karl Thomas has a little better KO rate. Dudek is a little more skilled. This fight is a toss up, but I'm going with Thomas here to win by KO.

• Upvote 1

3. Luka Beck v Artie Lange: Everyone's favorite fighter, Artie Lange returns to the cage after his awe inspiring first round performance. Lange takes on the always dangerous Luka Beck. Beck doesn't have the power that Lange holds in his hands, but he has more skill and more paths to victory. Lange really needs to do some damage early in order to take this fight. Unfortunately for him Beck is durable and dangerous. Beck by decision.

"Well I appreciate being called everyone's fav fighter I also do not like to be figured a loser. Watch out Beck I'm gonna make JLP proud oh me!"

AL