Training & Fight Engine Changes

This really really really ruined one of my best guys. basically made him go from a good sprawler and brawler to an average fighter who would struggle lower tier never mind middle...

not sure why really -- i did couple strikers and didnt even drop a skill level in any skills -- ended up with wonderful escapes --- might not be where i want it but high enough to work with

not sure why really -- i did couple strikers and didnt even drop a skill level in any skills -- ended up with wonderful escapes --- might not be where i want it but high enough to work with

Is this with 1 transitioning? I have a fight in 5 days against a ground guy too.. I know this is kind of the point of the update but its harsher on some fighters than others imo.

It is looking prett

This really really really ruined one of my best guys. basically made him go from a good sprawler and brawler to an average fighter who would struggle lower tier never mind middle...

Looking pretty grim for my guys also. My best fighters are Sprawl and Brawl, and now I suspect that they will not fare well against ground fighters. I think I may have to scrap the lot of them and start over again with new guys...I will give it a go though.

Is this with 1 transitioning? I have a fight in 5 days against a ground guy too.. I know this is kind of the point of the update but its harsher on some fighters than others imo.

yes 1 in transitions -- on my SnB stand up guys just used escapes -- transitions is more for ground game -- but it could bite me in the ass just dont think its all that needed

It is looking prett

Looking pretty grim for my guys also. My best fighters are Sprawl and Brawl, and now I suspect that they will not fare well against ground fighters. I think I may have to scrap the lot of them and start over again with new guys...I will give it a go though.

I can't scrap this guy as hes in the ITFL tournament. Looking very very grim.

pretty sure ppl aren't taking into account that the same thing is happening to their opponents, so the playing field will essentially stay level with existing vets while newer fighters become more competitive. especially once those warhorses start the dreaded decline.

what i've been trying to find is a concise,. wiki-type explanation on the benefits of escape/transitions before i put the edit to my fighter's skill points. any help?

• Upvote 2

yes 1 in transitions -- on my SnB stand up guys just used escapes -- transitions is more for ground game -- but it could bite me in the ass just dont think its all that needed

Didn't mike say that transitions are used to defend transitions too or did I imagine that? Not quite sure.

• Upvote 1

what does the error say?

Cant remember exactly cause i was already finished like 15 min ago but it says like error occured try reallocating it later. Anyway it is a done already and i dont think i see any error at all.

BTW what if you didnt max out reallocating the points meaning there is still points left. Will the leftover points be returned to the skills that you took from?

BTW what if you didnt max out reallocating the points meaning there is still points left. Will the leftover points be returned to the skills that you took from?

i dont think so they would probably just be lost -- for one it wouldnt know what skill you want the left over points to go back too

Just conjecture, but I'm thinking escapes on their own will just get you exhausted trying to stand up with your opponent on top of you. I have a hard time believing you can successfully get back to your feet from your back with out transitions. Strikers are going to need both to get back to their feet I think, and that was how it was designed in order to tilt the balance away from Strikers a bit. I think we'll see grappler dominance for a month or two while strikers rebuild their skills. Overall I think the game will be the most balanced its ever been in about 2-3 months. Sucks for me because my #1 prospect faces a black belt in 5 days, I'm expecting to get subbed. At least I'll finally find out his confidence for the first time in 14 fights.

• Upvote 1

Will new creations be given more points to start with if not that's not gonna help bridge he gap.

'

i believe they will benefit by learning transitions/escapes much quicker than their ageing brethren.

Couldn't be more wrong PBR - SNB'ers need transitions. It's the MOST important skill at defending adv pos attempts, so without any expect your guard to be ridiculously easy to pass, tough to escape from mount bottom. Oh and btw once I pass guard guess what skill you need to regain FG bottom. DING DING DING! You got it! Transitions! I was a little butt-hurt going from the wiki saying your transitions could go as high as d grapple, on 1 guy he has 12++ BJJ, 13+ wrestling and Elite d grapple. No matter how many points I take away his max skills allowed is 114.3 that's a massive difference from 140. Not sure how big an impact that'll play but I imagine rather large since transitions is the key skill to defending them. Under the old system I was elite at defending transitions and regaining full guard from a bad spot with the assumption d grapple USED to do that. Now, no matter how many skill points I remove I can't be better then wonderful - at it? That's a bit disheartening to a 30 yr old. He at least had strong - sub

Yea, I wish I'd done the same at this point. Oh well, some guys will just go KT or get cut. Just unfortunate to think it could go as high as your d grapple to find out it can't. If I really wanted I could get my escapes to 139.8 where my d grapple is currently at. All the good that'll do my ground fighter! WOOO!

• Upvote 1