Rate the last movie you saw ...

The Big Short: 7.5

Four denizens of the world of high-finance predict the credit and housing bubble collapse of the mid-2000s, and decide to take on the big banks for their greed and lack of foresight.

This is not everyone's piece of cake, but i liked it a lot. It does shine a lot of light on the crap which happens in wall street and how the banking system is screwing us so bad we cannot feel the pain any more. If you like serious films which focuses on acting than explosions, then look into this one.

Only 7.5 even though you liked it a lot?

The Big Short: 9

Seen this a couple weeks back but I thought it was fantastic. Explained things very well for those who weren't too familiar with what caused the credit crunch.

Theater:

Deadpool 10/10

Not only is it a Marvel movie but The Merc with the mouth's sarcastic humor makes it funny.

Blu-Ray:

Alleluia! The Devil's Carnival 8/10

Not as good as the first but still good.

Shutter Island - just seen for the first time. Pretty good. Like everyone who's ever seen it I'd like to watch it again ASAP, so that's a good sign. Before I'd watched it I was expecting a horror with shocks, but in fact it's more subtle, building tension like a Hitchcock(-lite) film noir. One of Scorsese's best. Recommended.

8.5/10

In the Heart of the Sea ----- 5/10

When i hear it has got something to do with Moby Dick ... I was expecting more ...
but all the time watching the movie, I was rooting for the whales ... :D

James Bond "Spectre"

I honestly think it was a bit of a letdown... that being said, there are really medicore movies in the series, but lately they pushed the quality hard. It started in awesome fashion, those scenes in Mexico were just "wow" (the camera work, holy shit, how did they do this!?)... but then... there was just nothing smart about the script, no itneresting turn, it just all happened and you could see it coming. Blofeld, i mean... dunno. They kinda made everything right, great actor and the way they wanted to create atmosphere for the char by building a contrast between him being soft-spoken, nearly flattering and his cold-blooded character, the authority he posses... i do not really know why it did not click here, but it really didn't. The love story was... loveless. So was this whole surveillance "critic" topic.. the C char did not click for me, to, although again, choice of actor, again they nailed it. The whole script was just too weak. Monica Bellucci as widow MILF was BOMB though, from which plantet is this woman. Bautista was one of the weakest "enforcer" guys in Bond movies, but not his mistake... his introduction was so stupid, wow. The spanish ETA guy would have worked beter, but well, wasn't his day. The last scene (not the epilog), wow it was so f'n cheesy, how they arranged it with the girl on one side and MI5 boss on the other... how old are you, 12!?

Enough ranting, it was a good movie and you should watch it if you haven't already, it's fun. Script is weak though as a whole... it's the "what could have been" which really makes me a bit mad.

7,5/10

PS: Mikkelsen > Bardem > Waltz

In general, i thinks Mads Mikkelsen should play every villain in every future movie ever, i have never seen a person with more charisma.

I watched Hateful 8 lately, just heard it's garbage from most people (and i highly value the opinions of many of them)... well to cut a long story short - i HIGHLY enjoyed the movie lol, i think it was awesome. I get that many have problems to arrange themselves with such a setting and all the voluntary limitations and abandonments the movie lays up on itself though. I'm not saying it's some smartass meta layer thing which people don't get, not at all. It's just a grim/raw... stage play in a way and at some points i think for some it is a relief how it breaks with certain filmmaking patterns they have internalized. I liked the whole intense atmosphere.

Had a great time watching.

8,5/10