The Island Season 2 - General Discussion

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/14/14w20.jpg

James "Sully" McGuiness

Aye Douglas McCullough, our fight is only a few days away. It seems a shame that they matched up the 2 best Irish fighters together. We're fighting in the main event but i know we are going to steal the show!

I know it's a bit awkward us both training at Cozad then having to fight each other. You have some skills, lad!

But no matter, after we beat each other senseless why don't we go over to the pub and numb the pain with a few ice cold pints? Winner buys the first round.

Whattaya say?

James "Sully" McGuiness

Aye Douglas McCullough, our fight is only a few days away. It seems a shame that they matched up the 2 best Irish fighters together. We're fighting in the main event but i know we are going to steal the show!

I know it's a bit awkward us both training at Cozad then having to fight each other. You have some skills, lad!

But no matter, after we beat each other senseless why don't we go over to the pub and numb the pain with a few ice cold pints? Winner buys the first round.

Whattaya say?

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/32/32w40.jpg

Douglas "Ice Cold " McCullough (237728)

Damn right, should be fight of the night and hopefully KO of the night also ;) You won your first fight after 2min47sec by KO. I needed only 37 seconds.

We both deliver exciting fights and will give the fans a brilliant show! I don't think the judges will have to decide the winner of our fight !

I'll keep my money ready to buy you the first round :P

The R&D cost alone for a single 145q product is $42,667, for 3 seperate 145q products would be over $128,001; the cost to order/manufacture 500 units is $2,400, which he did twice, and the cost to manufacture the other two sets of 200 units would be $1,150 each; my math suggests he would have needed $135,101 to research and order everything he has in inventory. Since managers cannot invest their money in companies on the Island, all that money would have to be through loans and/or profit from the business itself. The maximum loan the business could take out is $50,000, and his current net from products sold at the price listed is $6,100. Even if he got all his inventory for absolutely free--no R&D, no order cost, he could only have the $50,000 from the loan + $6,100: $56,100; that's 41.5% of the money required to have all the products he sells at the quality he says they are.

In short: Don't buy from MGS. He is, as the wiki article suggests, "sell[ing us] a tub of useless powder" (http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Nutrition_companies_%28manager%29#Product_quality) and not providing even one decent product.

Who does this guy think he is? Steel Penn?

I'm going to have to call out Modernized Goroshi Supplements on their quality. Based upon the amount of sales they've made and the limited amount on the island there is no way they could currently have 145Q Stamina/Bulk/Energy available. Just a few short days in they were already offering 145Q on Energy and Muscle Bulk which is absolutely impossible.

Two of the three products at least are a much lower quality than advertised.

I apologize to everyone, I clearly had information wrong. It is noobiness on my part and not I'm not intending to mislead anyone. Can I get rid of products?

I will try my best to not let anything like this happen again.

edit: I am working to fix this now, again, I'm sorry guys. Titles will be changed.

I am thinking about creating a "Sacked Fighter Fund" at Ace of Spades for the people that want to sack their fighters and would like to use the fighter's money to give back to the Island. All of the money would go into sponsoring fighters on the Island.

I just want to see if people would actually use this or are interested in this???

I am thinking about creating a "Sacked Fighter Fund" at Ace of Spades for the people that want to sack their fighters and would like to use the fighter's money to give back to the Island. All of the money would go into sponsoring fighters on the Island.

I just want to see if people would actually use this or are interested in this???

I'm hoping they do and are; mine is available right now. :toot:

I created a guy, he had a "heavy handed" hidden and faced a granite chin guy that also was made to strike... Better test than that impossible. But I still had to check his chin and/or heart. He lost via TKO on the first round and I saw a huge drop on morale. Definitely not worth keeping for The Island. I'll try to figure out if I create another one now and test him soon or not. It would be great if it worked out already with him. I though about making a grappler as I had success with that style earlier in my management career but I wanted more options to win a fight with strikes... I'll probably give it another try.

I created a guy, he had a "heavy handed" hidden and faced a granite chin guy that also was made to strike... Better test than that impossible. But I still had to check his chin and/or heart. He lost via TKO on the first round and I saw a huge drop on morale. Definitely not worth keeping for The Island. I'll try to figure out if I create another one now and test him soon or not. It would be great if it worked out already with him. I though about making a grappler as I had success with that style earlier in my management career but I wanted more options to win a fight with strikes... I'll probably give it another try.

Wow you're basically describing what I just went through with my Island fighter earlier today. My fighter had heavy handed, faced a granite chin, and my guy got KO'ed in the first round. Though there was one difference: morale drop was actually good as he only lost a few points of morale after a KO loss. I'll probably keep my guy around for a bit and QFC him again maybe later this month.

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=632983

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/32/32w40.jpg

Douglas "Ice Cold " McCullough (237728)

Damn right, should be fight of the night and hopefully KO of the night also ;) You won your first fight after 2min47sec by KO. I needed only 37 seconds.

We both deliver exciting fights and will give the fans a brilliant show! I don't think the judges will have to decide the winner of our fight !

I'll keep my money ready to buy you the first round :P

James "Sully" McGuiness

Yes! Only one more sleep until we Main Event the...

(whispering is heard from the side)

Aye? Whattaya mean Co-Main Event?

(Throws hands up in the air)

Ahh, whatever! We can be on the preliminaries for all i care! That just means that after McCullough and I bash each other's brains out we get to sit back and watch someone else do the same with an ice cold pint. Hope you're ready to steal the show, lad!

Ace of Spades would like to announce the newly opened "Sacked Fighter Fund". The Sacked Fighter Fund is where managers can dump any money from a fighter they wish to sack. All proceeds go directly towards sponsoring fighters on the Island. So if you are looking to start over, please donate your money to the Sacked Fighter Fund today.

(Yes it is a little cheesy, but I want to be able to help as many fighters as possible on the Island)

Clarification: Before you sack your fighter, buy the Sacked Fighter Fund item with your fighter and all of the money from that item will go towards sponsorships on the Island.

Edited by Deuce7
  • Upvote 1